I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staples should still work. Office Depot online does not work.
Good way to tell is see if the URL shows something else.

ex: officedepot.com gift card portal says giftcardmall.officedepot.com (Bad)
staples.com gift card portal says www.staples.com (Good)

Thank you so much for your help. I really don't enjoy trips to Staples so this is great news. :goodvibes

question for the experts. Which card has the best rewards for groceries? We have a restaraunt and DH puts a TON of produce and such on my Disney Visa bc it gets 2% on groceries. There are a couple other things he gets that codes as groceries as well. Ideally I'd like a card that can transfer points into SW so maybe one of the Chase business cards but Idk if any of them have as high of a % on groceries. While I love Disney, we also need to be able to use rewards for flights and hotels other than Hiltons. I think we are only 2/24 between the two of us and have no business cards. Idk why he hasn't applied for any of those instead of personal cards.
The cards with quarterly bonus like Chase Freedom and Discover often have grocery as a bonus category for 5%. AMEX BCP (Blue Cash Preferred) is 6%. Technically they are all cashback cards though CF can be linked to a CSP or CSR to transfer points and allow those rewards to be used to transfer to SW.
Right now the Chase Freedom Flex has an offer for 5% back on groceries up to $12k the first year. Get a CSP also and you'll have a great combo.

I have a question about Universal tickets purchased through the Chase portal. What is the best way to confirm that I have the tickets and get them? When I look at my trips in the Chase portal I see our resort (Royal Pacific) and our tickets. I'm just not sure what the best way is to confirm the tickets and to either get them now or when we get there.
I’m late to answering this because we just got back from Orlando yesterday but we did exactly what you’re doing which is staying at Royal Pacific and booked the hotel with URs and bought our tickets with URs. We checked in at around 6:30am Thursday. I had called the hotel previously to confirm our reservation. We got our express passes but I still needed to get our actual park tickets. In the hotel lobby there was a kiosk where I was able to get the physical tickets. You just follow the instructions exactly as they say in the Chase portal on how to redeem your vouchers. You’ll swipe any credit card that matches your last name to confirm your identity and then enter the really long supplier reference number. It will print your tickets directly from the machine. Easy peasy. Let me know if you have any other questions!

ETA: When I checked in at the hotel desk and showed the girl my voucher she was not able to give me the tickets. She referred me to the travel planning desk which didn’t open till closer to park time. The kiosk was located directly to the right of the travel planning desk so we didn’t have to wait until it opened.

Last edited:
Just a quick report on how awesome this board is. I don’t post often because it seems like someone else always beats me to answering the questions- but I read literally every page. We just got back from 8 days staying at the Grand Floridian for an amazing week. Our last family of 4 vacation before DS gets married in March so it was a big one for us and we decided to splurge a little. Was able to use PYB with CSR to cover the entire GF stay and park tickets (APs we had bought before they suspended sales). Also used UR for two days at Universal/Royal Pacific which we booked mid-trip leaving most of our things at GF and just packing an overnight bag. All additional expenses including rental car, food, and souvenirs were covered either with PYB or MR cashed out thru Schwab so literally a $0 trip. My family couldn’t believe it but it was all thanks to this board.
Another note that being a big WDW nerd was a really cool thing for me- yesterday we actually visited all four parks in one day. Always thought it would be a neat thing to do but thought it would be a lot of work but it actually wasn’t. We had a whole day to kill because our flight out wasn’t till 10:25pm and we had no plan for the day thinking we’d just revisit our favorite things. By the time we were entering the third park of the day I was like hey we should just do all 4. So we got to EPCOT around 7:30, grabbed some sushi in Japan, and then headed to the airport. Really it was an awesome trip.

Cell Phone Protection warning

For those who use certain cards (particularly the Chase Freedom Flex (CFF)) to pay for their cell phone bill in order to receive cell phone protection coverage:

It appears that, effective 1/1/2022, MasterCard World Elite cards no longer provide cell phone coverage for many of its cards. This includes the Chase Freedom Flex, which is unfortunately how I found this out. I went to file a claim tonight for a phone that was broken over the weekend and the MasterCard website said there are no benefits period provided for my CFF. This was confirmed with two separate conversations with MC representatives who insisted that Chase pulled the coverage. It's frustrating because Chase still advertises the protection as a benefit in the application for the CFF, and it's still listed in the UR portal as a benefit, as well as still showing up in the benefits guide. When I called Chase, the number directs to a third-party benefits administrator who says they can only connect me back to MC. I'm going to try and fight this a bit further tomorrow but as a warning, I would suggest people proactively switch their cell phone payments to the Venture X, AMEX Platinum, or Delta Reserve/Platinum cards, as those cards should still provide the coverage.

For those that use Marriott, the spend $250 get $50 is back on my Brilliant this morning.
Thanks for taking the time to post this- added it to P1 and P2 cards.

Just saved 128 RR points rebooking my flights for May. Is that enough points to warrant a post? No it's not. Did I proudly text my wife like a child showing their parents their terrible drawing? Yes I did.
When I first read this, I read it as 128k points, as in 128,000 points. And I thought, hell yeah, that warrants a post! 😁 But now I see we're talking about less than $2, LOL. But our churning family here will give you a gold sticker anyways!

Thanks for taking the time to post this- added it to P1 and P2 cards.

When I first read this, I read it as 128k points, as in 128,000 points. And I thought, hell yeah, that warrants a post! 😁 But now I see we're talking about less than $2, LOL. But our churning family here will give you a gold sticker anyways!

I just read this and decided to head to SW to check my flight. Our Feb.flight to MCO dropped from $114 to $39! I got back 5700 pts(flight is only 1800pts or something like that) and DD got a $75 credit.
DD is going to college next year so not sure if we’ll get to use her credit but it’s nice to have. Maybe we can sneak in marathon weekend or something.

Thanks for posting! 128pts is 128pts. It all adds up!

For those who use certain cards (particularly the Chase Freedom Flex (CFF)) to pay for their cell phone bill in order to receive cell phone protection coverage:

It appears that, effective 1/1/2022, MasterCard World Elite cards no longer provide cell phone coverage for many of its cards. This includes the Chase Freedom Flex, which is unfortunately how I found this out. I went to file a claim tonight for a phone that was broken over the weekend and the MasterCard website said there are no benefits period provided for my CFF. This was confirmed with two separate conversations with MC representatives who insisted that Chase pulled the coverage. It's frustrating because Chase still advertises the protection as a benefit in the application for the CFF, and it's still listed in the UR portal as a benefit, as well as still showing up in the benefits guide. When I called Chase, the number directs to a third-party benefits administrator who says they can only connect me back to MC. I'm going to try and fight this a bit further tomorrow but as a warning, I would suggest people proactively switch their cell phone payments to the Venture X, AMEX Platinum, or Delta Reserve/Platinum cards, as those cards should still provide the coverage.
This has been happening on many MC over the last few months. I have gotten warnings of the change from a couple different issuers but nothing from Chase. No reason to keep the charge there if it doesn't have the protection. Even the $250 Visa protection on my Navy Flagship would be better. I'm going to check a couple other places, but I haven't seen anyone else bring it up.

Applied for a BBP this morning. Not instant approval or denial, which was more likely. Asked to connect to my bank, but that wouldn't work, so was asked to upload three months of bank statements. Did that, currently under review. This would be my first Biz account, and probably my last account until the fall.

Hyatt experts. I'm trying to use our FNC, DH and I each have one. I'm Globalist, is there any way to book a night with his FNC but get my globalist benefits?

I just read this and decided to head to SW to check my flight. Our Feb.flight to MCO dropped from $114 to $39! I got back 5700 pts(flight is only 1800pts or something like that) and DD got a $75 credit.
DD is going to college next year so not sure if we’ll get to use her credit but it’s nice to have. Maybe we can sneak in marathon weekend or something.

Thanks for posting! 128pts is 128pts. It all adds up!
Now I owe you a thank you. After seeing your post I went and checked again and got back 11,428 points rebooking our return flight.

Hyatt experts. I'm trying to use our FNC, DH and I each have one. I'm Globalist, is there any way to book a night with his FNC but get my globalist benefits?

I've never tried this, but my best guess would be: Book yours first, then book his for the second night. After both reservations are made, call in and ask to merge his reservation into yours (the same way you would if you simply had two separate reservations and did not want to change rooms). Hopefully, their system will treat both nights as part of your account.

Now I owe you a thank you. After seeing your post I went and checked again and got back 11,428 points rebooking our return flight.
Now I need to REALLY thank both of you! I had a couple of flights drop a little bit, but I was randomly poking around in my husband’s SW account and saw that somehow he earned a companion pass last year!! It must have been some referral points that hit at the very end of the year, but I would have had NO IDEA if y’all hadn’t posted today. Yay! Now I can stop stressing about earning my CP before Princess Half Marathon weekend in Feb, because we can use DH’s CP. This group is THE BEST!!!!!

I've never tried this, but my best guess would be: Book yours first, then book his for the second night. After both reservations are made, call in and ask to merge his reservation into yours (the same way you would if you simply had two separate reservations and did not want to change rooms). Hopefully, their system will treat both nights as part of your account.
I'll try that, thanks.

Also, my $200 Away Travel credit already posted.

Is there any other card that provides some coverage? I don't have any of these and this stinks....

WTH?!?!?! I purposefully downgraded my CSR to a CFF so I could have the coverage since the IHG cards were losing it. I even asked (THIS MONTH) when I got the CFF if it had the protection. The rep said yes! UGH. Now I'm off to find a card that does have this. I totally had to use this benefit when my screen stopped responded in June 2020. Not to mention my 12yo like to break phones. Grrrrrr.

Is there any other card that provides some coverage? I don't have any of these and this stinks....
Many Visas have some coverage just not nearly as good as the MC coverage. All Navy Fed products, US Bank Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve and Platinum, Ink Preferred.

In other news BBP Approved. $2,000 CL.

I've got a few feelers out both on other boards and amongst some folks I follow on Twitter, no one has confirmed anything yet. This would be a big move for Chase to make with no notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter