I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'm glad to hear this sounds right! Regarding the lack of nonstop flights, I somehow got the airport code wrong (not sure what I was thinking here). We're traveling to Orlando (MCO) in July. I edited my previous post for clarity. Chicago is definitely on my list of places I'd like to go with the CP, though, so I'm glad to hear there are direct flights between PHL and MDW!
I looked up PHL to ORD out of curiosity, and it appears that route goes through MCO….so two birds with one stone? LOL

Good point about the one-way, I will make sure to do that. P2 won't be able to help with the initial booking (he's a teacher and will likely already be on his way or at work when the flights drop), but could help with the canceling/rescheduling with CP if needed. I'm not sure what you mean by booking any groups together? Do you just mean just booking tickets based on who has more RRs? I mentioned this with a previous reply, but I had gotten the airport code wrong, we're going to Orlando (edited to be correct in my original post).
Yes, book with whoever has the points. No need to group everyone together. I mean if you have enough points for 7 one way flights, book them that way. As long as each kiddo is with an adult, it doesn't matter how else. I booked DH/DS/me outbound and DH/DS inbound with DHs RR account/points. Booked myself on my account home because that's all I had points for.

Speaking of booking SW flights, we have 3 LUV vouchers from summer cancelled flights. I need to book flights to OGG for 5 people, it looks like it will cost us $716 for 2 people (We have $750 in vouchers), can the vouchers be used for EBCI? I want to make sure I pay for part of it with our CSR, so adding EBCI would bring the total to $766.

Yes, book with whoever has the points. No need to group everyone together. I mean if you have enough points for 7 one way flights, book them that way. As long as each kiddo is with an adult, it doesn't matter how else. I booked DH/DS/me outbound and DH/DS inbound with DHs RR account/points. Booked myself on my account home because that's all I had points for.
OK, that's good to know, thank you!

I'm sure situations vary, but we were in Germany 3 years ago and drove into France with no problem. No one asked to see passports, it was just like driving into another state over here. We just went for the day though, I know sometimes when you spend the night you have to show passports to check in. I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to help, but baby might not need one.
My DD is active duty military and the fine is 5000 euros and a possible 24 hour lockup in France. To complicate matters, baby had an appointment at the passport office on base today and they requested both parents passports to be sent in! 😱. They are coming back to the US in Feb so they needed to apply now. Baby Hansen will be going to WDW on the Feb trip during his US tour (Baltimore, Houston, then Orlando). My daughter said that they did not ask for passports when they drove to Paris in July but they had them with them. Not worth taking the chance.

Just got instant approval for the C1 Venture X, it should be here in 3 business days, hopefully in time for our trip to HI. I've had a Quicksilver for ages with only one annual charge for a magazine subscription on it. I've also had a checking ($0 bal) and savings ($0 bal) with them for over 10 years. I was sitting at 2/24 when I applied so that might have helped.

In other news, I've received over 325K MRs (incl the SUB) since opening my NLL Biz Plat, so I'm psyched about that.
Did your application mention when the offer ends? I posted a few days ago and did a screenshot where the Cap1 Venture x mentioned a 12/7/2021 ending date. If the high bonus is still offered, maybe I can talk DD into applying.

Did your application mention when the offer ends? I posted a few days ago and did a screenshot where the Cap1 Venture x mentioned a 12/7/2021 ending date. If the high bonus is still offered, maybe I can talk DD into applying.
Never mind, just hit the link again and now it says offer expires 1/11/22

Attachments

• 0026041A-3966-4269-B054-68E251337527.png
    0026041A-3966-4269-B054-68E251337527.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 3

All this talk about the Cap One X card has me wondering if I should try to get DH to apply. I know nothing about Cap One travel points though. We mainly would want to use the points to help with our WDW/UO trip. Can the points be used for Disney or Universal tickets, rental cars, and onsite Universal hotels? Anything to keep in mind if we did use them for any of those items? For example, are the tickets or hotels more expensive that way? TIA!

Speaking of booking SW flights, we have 3 LUV vouchers from summer cancelled flights. I need to book flights to OGG for 5 people, it looks like it will cost us $716 for 2 people (We have $750 in vouchers), can the vouchers be used for EBCI? I want to make sure I pay for part of it with our CSR, so adding EBCI would bring the total to $766.
Unfortunately you can't use the vouchers for EBCI. Also I recall only 3 forms of payment so you'll probably have to book them separately in some fashion. 2 vouchers + CSR and then 1 voucher + CSR ?

All this talk about the Cap One X card has me wondering if I should try to get DH to apply. I know nothing about Cap One travel points though. We mainly would want to use the points to help with our WDW/UO trip. Can the points be used for Disney or Universal tickets, rental cars, and onsite Universal hotels? Anything to keep in mind if we did use them for any of those items? For example, are the tickets or hotels more expensive that way? TIA!
You can use their “purchase eraser” for ANY travel-related expense, which would definitely include hotels and rentals cars - probably not tickets. You only get a penny a point using them that way, though. On the upside, it’s incredibly easy. You just click the purchase eraser option, it shows you a list of eligible expenses, and you click the ones you want to “erase” (that is, get a credit on your bill for).

You can use their “purchase eraser” for ANY travel-related expense, which would definitely include hotels and rentals cars - probably not tickets. You only get a penny a point using them that way, though. On the upside, it’s incredibly easy. You just click the purchase eraser option, it shows you a list of eligible expenses, and you click the ones you want to “erase” (that is, get a credit on your bill for).
I have erased tickets, that were purchased through UCT, and I plan on trying that again in the next couple of months.

Another update on my Chase Aeroplan. After the CSR put me though to fraud verification I waited on hold for 2 hours before I HUCA. For the second call I dialed the number on the back of my Sapphire Reserve and explained what happened and that I couldn't wait on hold for 2 hours. The CSR put me through to someone who, after 8-10 mins, verified me. I immediately received an e-mail that my application is under review and I would have an answer in 30 days. Called auto line and it says a decision will be made in 14 days. Hopefully this means I am approved. At least the card is being reviewed now (versus denial).

With this being said, can I apply for the Cap1 X? The Aeroplan card puts me at 5/24 -- I'm guessing that is firm and it's a no for the Cap1 X, but wanted to check here to be certain.

The afternoon/ evening of the 20th through the 22nd. My DS arrives at 2pm. We could choose an airport hotel for the convenience since he’ll be jetlagged, or find a place closer to DLP. The last time we stayed there was in the Latin Quarter, about a 5 minute walk to Notre Dame. We could spend the 22nd exploring Paris, then take a later train back to the Ramstein Air base area. My DD lives off post in a little village on the 3rd and 4th floors above a Biergarten. My DD is the Disney planner and I just show up. Roles have truly been reversed! DD was in DLP in July when they were finally able to travel from Germany. They were in COVID lockdown since they arrived last November. But they did lots of European Summer travel during her 2nd trimester. I arrived into Germany November 1st anticipating an early delivery and the baby came 11 days late! He’s already made it to 3 Christmas markets and we’re heading to Cologne tomorrow if he’s up to it!
I am so envious of your visits to the German Christmas markets. Would LOVE to see a few pics, if you don't mind sharing on here!

Congratulations on the new arrival!

@sinnika I'd stay closest to whatever your priority is for this visit. If it's DLP, then I'd get likely get a DLP hotel. If it's exploring Paris for a day and DLP for a day, then I'd stay in Paris and take the subway to DLP. Since you won't be at the hotel much I'd get a decent hotel with a stellar location and use it as your base. There's so much to see and eat in Paris -- not sure where I'd head first.

Has anyone stayed at Hôtel l'Elysée Val d'Europe? It’s less than 3 miles from DLP with a free shuttle. I have Cap 1 points to use. I don’t have my new Cap 1 yet, and I did not bring my other Cap one biz card with me to Germany. I applied on Dec 6. How long did it take to arrive for those who have already received it? Thanks

Attachments

• B9060F36-7A22-434A-85E7-E6D283C6A574.png
    B9060F36-7A22-434A-85E7-E6D283C6A574.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 5
Has anyone stayed at Hôtel l'Elysée Val d'Europe? It’s less than 3 miles from DLP with a free shuttle. I have Cap 1 points to use. I don’t have my new Cap 1 yet, and I did not bring my other Cap one biz card with me to Germany. I applied on Dec 6. How long did it take to arrive for those who have already received it? Thanks
I stayed there for one night at the tail end of a business trip. It was fine. Proximity to DLP and RER (train) was main reason that I selected it. I didn’t use the shuttle, but instead opted for the RER which has a station right beside the hotel and at DLP.

I got an email from Citibank about their Merchant Offers. I don’t know if these offers are a new thing or I just never noticed them before. I have one for Target for a $10 statement credit after spending $50. Can be used up to three times. Doesn’t say anything about excluding gift cards so I’m giving it a try this weekend. It’s good in store or online. Expires 12/31/21.

I am so envious of your visits to the German Christmas markets. Would LOVE to see a few pics, if you don't mind sharing on here!

Congratulations on the new arrival!
We’ve actually gone to 5 Christmas markets, most were small local ones. Heidelberg is the furthest we ventured, and that one was shut down early because of the Covid restrictions. 🥲 All of the markets in Bavaria have closed. Still, we are going there Dec 28-Jan 1st and staying at Edelweiss lodge in Garmisch. It’s military owned and has a ski lodge, spa, evening sleigh rides, and tours from the hotel. We’re going to the Neuschwanstein Castle (the Disney castle). Was last there 26 years ago when DD was an infant! Now she’s taking her infant! 🥰

Attachments

• F8474830-E577-43A6-9BFD-5062AF4A3A46.jpeg
    F8474830-E577-43A6-9BFD-5062AF4A3A46.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 32
  • FB1334E4-C9A3-4D51-991A-CCFE3188B966.jpeg
    FB1334E4-C9A3-4D51-991A-CCFE3188B966.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 8D1A22C1-B845-479B-8A72-240F240B3465.jpeg
    8D1A22C1-B845-479B-8A72-240F240B3465.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 32
  • BD36FE8F-5C27-4F2F-9DA3-D033531D2C74.jpeg
    BD36FE8F-5C27-4F2F-9DA3-D033531D2C74.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 9DEE0D95-0406-4433-851C-D6BF2D3439C4.jpeg
    9DEE0D95-0406-4433-851C-D6BF2D3439C4.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 33
  • A5F6AF47-F101-4982-82EF-4BE665F3EAD0.jpeg
    A5F6AF47-F101-4982-82EF-4BE665F3EAD0.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 34
  • B6A94595-6615-4605-A8AA-246E29E1919E.jpeg
    B6A94595-6615-4605-A8AA-246E29E1919E.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter