I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stalking. First I was trying to get Disney for a week, doing a day at a time and waitlisting and split stay. I got Saratoga for 5 or 6 days then dumped it in favor of BLT and AKV Jambo, then dumped that in favor of a one bedroom at HH for 5 nights. So, I'm all over the place.

I can do a 2 bedroom Marriott at Hilton Head also, so maybe I should save my points and go to Disney in Feb or May.

But, I was putting in 1 night wait lists and getting the nights by just looking every day, maybe once a day or so. No wait list worked. I'm thinking if they can't manage the phones, a waitlist is probably a long shot also.
I stalked yesterday. I needed one Friday night in January. Hesitated and lost an OKW studio. Third check, got a BCV studio which is perfect because we check in to our 2BR at BCV the next day.
I always say the website is a living breathing entity that changes constantly. Keep checking.

I sold my 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid in May with 49K for 60% over what it was worth a few months before. I used the car to upgrade my ride and this will be our FL "commuter"...cushy, loaded and lucky timing on our part.

Personally, I think it is a terrific opportunity with a short window to actually make a profit on a car! Good luck!

It's a substantial profit. I'm so torn on this because I get attached to my heaps and usually they are taken care of. I love the little car. I think I would regret selling it, especially when I would just be doing it because it has increased value.

What scares me is trying to find something next year to suit part of my life style. Will new car prices be sky high or more normal rises in cost in fall 2022?

Edit: I think I'll take it by Carmax and see what they say.

Last edited:
With Cap1 there is no "safe" so there is no reason to wait. We have not found a rhyme nor reason for their approvals and denials, I recall stats from two people a couple years back that were identical and one was approved and one wasn't. It's like they just programmed their computer to "randomly approve and deny". Take your shot, use a support link in case you get lucky and don't hold your breath on getting the card.

I was denied Cap1 X last week (but was successful in getting the Citi Premier so yay there). Got the Cap1 denial letter in the mail same day Cap1 solicited me with another letter to check for pre-approved Cap1 cards *eye roll*
Thank you. I am trying to decide if I want to be 5/24 until next December (this card would put me at 6/24 until the end of January). I could get another CIU for 75k URs in September for dd's 22/23 tuition if I stay under 5/24. Decisions, decisions. Current thinking is to stay with the Aeroplan card and get to 4/24 in January to keep my options open. Of course I can always change my mind......but making $14k in MSRs would be incredibly difficult for me. If I get denied for the Aeroplan card, Cap1X here I come!

I have a question about the $200 rental credit for the Venture X. the fine print is very detailed saying that it has to code as rental and not hotel. Has anyone used this yet and received the credit? I assume not since it's so new but I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this. I'll be looking for a new card soon and was looking at the Venture X since we have a rental coming up in June. We're renting from Brett Robinson Vacation Rentals. Our downpayment made with a BOA card has a merchant description of lodging-hotels, motels, and resorts. Then It has a transaction category of Travel. I assume that with this coding I wouldn't get the credit from the Venture X? Also on a side note would I get the $300 travel credit from the CSR with this vendor?

Can we talk about how much BOA sucks? I tried to close my account in branch and I couldn't. I haven't had the time to call and close it. I see now they charged me $30 for a monthly fee (so the account is -$30). I'm on hold to try and get this stupid account closed. UGH. It took a lovely 30 min and they still don't have it fully closed. They said to check back in a few days.

My Nexus renewal was approved today and I don't need to do an interview which is nice. Seems with it I can't apply for GE. I'll give it a bit more time to see if it changes but the link for ge isn't active for me to click on. I thought I'd read a few on reddit that had both but maybe they had ge and then applied for nexus. I underatand I don't need ge since I get it with nexus but if I decide I don't want nexus I'll need it. Guess I'll worry about before it expires next time.

Clear was way easier to do than I expected. I'll take care of the in person part when I go to phx in March but I expected it to want more info when I paid.

I have a question about the $200 rental credit for the Venture X. the fine print is very detailed saying that it has to code as rental and not hotel. Has anyone used this yet and received the credit? I assume not since it's so new but I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this. I'll be looking for a new card soon and was looking at the Venture X since we have a rental coming up in June. We're renting from Brett Robinson Vacation Rentals. Our downpayment made with a BOA card has a merchant description of lodging-hotels, motels, and resorts. Then It has a transaction category of Travel. I assume that with this coding I wouldn't get the credit from the Venture X? Also on a side note would I get the $300 travel credit from the CSR with this vendor?
I hope you can find someone with an answer to your question; it's very specific and on a brand new card product so DPs will be hard to find. It's difficult to guess anymore since the Visa supplier locator went 404, but with that name it seems like the $200 vacation rental credit should apply. I've seen DPs that some people have even gotten it just paying their personal rent. I do think the CSR travel credit will apply because Chase's travel credit applies pretty broadly, and besides that's a legit travel expense. With the CSR, you won't earn 3xUR on the first $300 of travel expenses. (But cancel it and be assured that Chase will take away 3xUR! Unfair but that's what they do.)

Right before thanksgiving we went looking at furniture and found something suitable so we put a deposit on it. Did not at the time have a MSR. They said could take 4 months and I still haven’t decided what card to get next but since they said could take months wasn’t in a big hurry. Of course they called today to say it is in and I needed to pay balance before they would schedule delivery. So Grrr that several thousand went to no MSR. Still not sure what to get next. Assumed I would get a SW to renew CP but we really haven’t used it much so not sure it is the best move. I think I have been without MSR since September so I’m way behind.

I'm wondering the same thing. I saw one DP (can't remember where now) where the credit was applied to a charge for a stay at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Makes me wonder what is/isn't going to count because I would not have expected that.

Just an update on the dishwasher saga. I settled for a bosch 100 which was the only machine I could find that had decent consumer reports ratings and would be delivered this month. Apparently, the 800 (which I really liked) is on 6 months backorder from the factory and who knows if it's even going to be only 6 months.

Right before thanksgiving we went looking at furniture and found something suitable so we put a deposit on it. Did not at the time have a MSR. They said could take 4 months and I still haven’t decided what card to get next but since they said could take months wasn’t in a big hurry. Of course they called today to say it is in and I needed to pay balance before they would schedule delivery. So Grrr that several thousand went to no MSR. Still not sure what to get next. Assumed I would get a SW to renew CP but we really haven’t used it much so not sure it is the best move. I think I have been without MSR since September so I’m way behind.
I feel your pain. DH broke his iPad months ago and has just dealt with it, but decided that he absolutely must order a new one TODAY, even though I’ll be applying for a new SW card in less than a month. At least they are on sale through Costco right now, so that eases my pain somewhat.

I see my Delta flights are now 1000 miles lower. So for 2 people return trip a total of 4K. Is there an easy way to change to get this reduced price or do I need to cancel and rebook?

I've had my Kia Niro hybrid since 2019. Checked KBB and it's running well over what I paid for it.

I put 5K on a credit card when I got it for points.

Anyway, I have a van and a Jeep also.

The Niro was the Launch touring model in 2017. It has 22K miles on it. Excellent condition. Maintained by the dealer. Still has some warranty til mid 2022.

I'm really tempted to sell it and drive one of the others for a bit, maybe until fall 2022 until I find something else I want. I like the hybrid option and may not be ready for an EV yet. Whatever I buy won't be straight gas or diesel. I will probably buy something in fall 2022, whether I sell this or not. And, I'll buy larger and eliminate the van and the Jeep I already own.

Any thoughts on where car values are going in the next year? Should I keep my unicorn? Push out my next purchase to 2023 or later?

Right now I rotate through my vehicles but use the Niro for the road, with the van used for beach trips mostly in summer.

I've got too many cars for a almost 69 year old. Need to let go of a couple or more.
I personally don't see inflation slowing much over the next year. Maybe I'm a pessimist. Thank goodness I bought DS' car in January. According to Carvana, they would buy it from me for about 25% more than what I paid. And I'm sure dd's civic is worth more than what I paid a little over two years ago. On the other side of this, my ex desperately needs a new car (his Acura has 250k miles and has big issues and he mainly works remotely but just took a job two hours away) and there really is very little new to buy. Seriously, we live in the weirdest world right now.

It's a substantial profit. I'm so torn on this because I get attached to my heaps and usually they are taken care of. I love the little car. I think I would regret selling it, especially when I would just be doing it because it has increased value.

What scares me is trying to find something next year to suit part of my life style. Will new car prices be sky high or more normal rises in cost in fall 2022?

Edit: I think I'll take it by Carmax and see what they say.

I would input your information on Carvana. They'll send you an immediate quote. If you like it, you set up a time and they'll come peek at it. They really do honor their quotes, so that step is just a formality. Then you schedule a pickup and they scoop it from you while delivering a check. It's a really great process that puts you in the driver's seat.

My son was in the same position as you. The selling price was higher than what he paid for it years ago. He did end up selling and buying a bit of a junker until he's ready for something more permanent.

My go-to is the Park Hyatt PV. We stayed there a few years ago and decided at the last minute to spend an afternoon in DLP and we bought our park passes at the hotel and then walked to the train station which took us straight to DTD and the 2 park entrances. If you want to spend some time in Paris, it's not that long of a train ride. Hyatt also has other hotels in Paris that require fewer points, but the PHPV is really nice. And congratulations!!!
I have mine booked for the last 2 nights of my Paris trip on points as well, as much as i love to get 2cpp or more i said forget it and got a suite didn't want to risk not being upgraded . I have the Madeline for the beginning of my trip because the points were much less (off-peak in feb)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter