I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the spend $75 get $10 back on my Amex and also on my Dh’s for select home improvement stores. Went to Lowe’s on Saturday and bought two $75 Disney gift cards one on each account. Checked tonight to see if I got credit and now read fine print that says online only. Don’t know how I missed that when I read it the first time. Just thought I would mention it so I might save someone from making the same mistake I did.

Sorry I have another disney cruise question. What kind of snacks can we get during the day that are included on the ship? Dh was wondering
Soft serve, fruit, pizza, wraps, burgers, chicken strips, hot dogs, fries, etc. and the coffee shop has free desserts.

ETA plus you can always order room service. Just have to tip.

Last edited:
I think I might be blacklisted with Serve/Bluebird now. My Serve got shut down in May, but I got myself a Bluebird card right away. (I should have gotten as many as possible!!!) That Bluebird card is still working, but I can't seem to open up a new Serve or Bluebird anymore. 😓 I've tried numerous times over the past couple months to see if anything changes, but it seems like I'm out, and just down to my one Bluebird.

I have DH's Serve, an unactivated Bluebird for him, and just opened another Bluebird and Serve for him today which should be coming in the mail in a couple of weeks.

@orangecuse - it’s a hard call. I prefer c+ to reg economy but it depends on how long the flight is and whether you and your travel partners can sleep anywhere (like my DD, DM and DH) or if it’s a lost cause (me).” Better” airline meals 😜 and slightly more room might not be worth it for your situation.

:offtopic: Just got an email from AT&T - for the their streaming service (previously DirectTV Now). Price is going up $10 more a month, now to $60. My internet just went up $20 a month, now $70. We have a bunch of streaming services my husband thinks we need and he never watches. I'm canceling a lot of them and hoping that there is a nice Black Friday deal on gift cards for some of them for when the shows he DOES watch come back... It gets old, the price of everything going up, up, up constantly.

Something else too - I was at Sam's Club on Sunday and I was taken aback at much higher everything was that I normally buy. Like all my regular items have gone up by $1 or $2 since my last haul, about 3 weeks ago. The produce and OJ was especially higher.

Sigh.

(Also, has anyone noticed that Amex keeps adjusting their annual fees higher? That annoys me too. Bleh!)

I haven't bought new ones for a couple of years at least. At the time they seemed just like any of the others I've bought in the past.

What you got is definitely Lego brand? (not that I am aware of any other companies that make the same type of figures)
I’ve probably spent a couple thousand dollars on Legos in the last few years. Most of the sets I bought a Disney Springs with points from my DV. My son is the Lego builder. I couldn’t tell you if the quality has gone down, but they have some pretty awesome sets. Lots of $$$$$.
My boys (and my husband) are huge Lego fans. We have sets from the 80s and today. We have cataloged them and have over 80,000 pieces and minifigs including some we just bought last week. They don’t feel that the quality is diminished. Their question when I asked, “Are you sure they are Lego brand and what minifig did they get?”.

Thanks for the replies. The minifigure is definitely Lego, but I think I might be unfairly judging the minifigure in comparison to a regular figure (if that's still a Lego thing). I think the minifigure is probably supposed to be smaller and lighter than the figures I am remembering from my kids' sets. I might have to go to the Lego store to see if they still make figures that are not minifigures.

Soft serve, fruit, pizza, wraps, burgers, chicken strips, hot dogs, fries, etc. and the coffee shop has free desserts.

ETA plus you can always order room service. Just have to tip.
Oh awesome, seems like lots of choices! I’ll probably be full from the meals but I’m sure Dh will like having snacks whenever he wants one. Do you get most of those by the pool?

Sorry I have another disney cruise question. What kind of snacks can we get during the day that are included on the ship? Dh was wondering
Another vote for Cove Cafe. Last cruise I had to ask the person at the counter, as they kept them in the back, but they were always willing to bring me out a tray of beautiful pastries and assorted chocolate goodies. Also a nice quiet place to sit and enjoy your treats

I’m at a jv football game. So far we’ve had one kid sent to the hospital with a concussion and an ambulance take a kid with a neck injury away.
I told Dh I hope none of our kids want to play football. Dh got a huge knee injury from football in sixth grade and had a third of his knee taken out. My cousin got a concussion in high school.

Another vote for Cove Cafe. Last cruise I had to ask the person at the counter, as they kept them in the back, but they were always willing to bring me out a tray of beautiful pastries and assorted chocolate goodies. Also a nice quiet place to sit and enjoy your treats
I’m glad you guys are mentioning that because no one else has. We’ll definitely walk by and see what they have.

:offtopic: Just got an email from AT&T - for the their streaming service (previously DirectTV Now). Price is going up $10 more a month, now to $60. My internet just went up $20 a month, now $70. We have a bunch of streaming services my husband thinks we need and he never watches. I'm canceling a lot of them and hoping that there is a nice Black Friday deal on gift cards for some of them for when the shows he DOES watch come back... It gets old, the price of everything going up, up, up constantly.

Something else too - I was at Sam's Club on Sunday and I was taken aback at much higher everything was that I normally buy. Like all my regular items have gone up by $1 or $2 since my last haul, about 3 weeks ago. The produce and OJ was especially higher.

Sigh.

(Also, has anyone noticed that Amex keeps adjusting their annual fees higher? That annoys me too. Bleh!)

We have to call COX every year to ask what the latest "promotion" is to take advantage of. It sucks as we have to call every single year, but the savings are pretty substantial.

I had the spend $75 get $10 back on my Amex and also on my Dh’s for select home improvement stores. Went to Lowe’s on Saturday and bought two $75 Disney gift cards one on each account. Checked tonight to see if I got credit and now read fine print that says online only. Don’t know how I missed that when I read it the first time. Just thought I would mention it so I might save someone from making the same mistake I did.
I did the same thing on the Happy card! I think it was 10% off a $100, plus I waited to long to buy it and the 4 x points at Kroger expired so I only got 2 x, but I did get 4x MR by default, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter