I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suck it up and pay for parking at the port--it's so convenient. And the shuttles are a pain in my opinion. We've parked at hotels and the port and the port is totally worth it to me and I'm incredibly frugal.

ETA: I've always had an early PAT. I think yours is at 12:30 so maybe the shuttle will be okay. But when you get home, walking right to your car and driving home will be a lot less stressful than getting on a shuttle.
I think it’ll end up being $120+ to park at the port which seems pretty expensive to me. You’re right about not having to take a shuttle though. I’m not sure if I can convince Dh to pay that to park at the port. Our PAT is actually 1:30 but I was hoping to get there around 12:30 and see if we can get on earlier

Okay I need some parking help from anyone who has parked at Port Canaveral. We kind of waited until the last minute and didn't realize how expensive it is to park at the actual port. I found a couple different options for off site parking, but I don't feel like I'm finding any great options. Do any of you have any experience with parking for a cruise???
We used Park ‘N Cruise Port Canaveral the one time we cruised out of Port Canaveral. I can’t complain about the service. We were in a shuttle heading to the port within 5 minutes of arriving on their property. Our return trip was almost as fast. Their employees were all nice and friendly. That was 7 years ago. But I would use them again on a long cruise without hesitating. For a few nights it is okay to park at the port but those days add up!

We used Park ‘N Cruise Port Canaveral the one time we cruised out of Port Canaveral. I can’t complain about the service. We were in a shuttle heading to the port within 5 minutes of arriving on their property. Our return trip was almost as fast. Their employees were all nice and friendly. That was 7 years ago. But I would use them again on a long cruise without hesitating. For a few nights it is okay to park at the port but those days add up!
Our cruise is 7 nights so it would be really expensive to park at the port. I just looked at park n cruise and they offer every disney ship except the fantasy and of course that’s the one we’re sailing on. That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me

Our cruise is 7 nights so it would be really expensive to park at the port. I just looked at park n cruise and they offer every disney ship except the fantasy and of course that’s the one we’re sailing on. That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me
That stinks! We were on the Magic. I will say parking at the port is more convenient. But convenience unfortunately comes at a price.

That stinks! We were on the Magic. I will say parking at the port is more convenient. But convenience unfortunately comes at a price.
I’m not sure if I can convince Dh to do it. It’s practically double the other options

I’m not sure if I can convince Dh to do it. It’s practically double the other options
Did you call Park N Cruise? I don't think that makes sense either. And it is more convenient, but you guys aren't far away so I don't think it's that big of a deal. When I got back and had to drive 11 hours home (as the only driver), I wanted to be on the road ASAP.

Did you call Park N Cruise? I don't think that makes sense either. And it is more convenient, but you guys aren't far away so I don't think it's that big of a deal. When I got back and had to drive 11 hours home (as the only driver), I wanted to be on the road ASAP.
I used their chat online and the guy said that’s the only information he has. He wasn’t very helpful. We only live 30 minutes from the port so maybe we’ll just pay for a lyft

ETA: nvm a lyft would be $40-50 each way

I don't even remember what I wrote 😂 It was fun but I don't know that it's worth it without an AP discount and even then I probably wouldn't do it again.

Thanks, that definitely seals the deal!

AA to HI RT for 20k AA miles in Nov and Dec. Crazy good deal. Seeing lots of availability from numerous CA airports when I searched, tpg is reporting availability at airports across US though prices may very slightly. These are web economy specials so you have to click that after searching on the desktop to make it show. I'm booked so can't take advantage :( If you book it make sure you book REFUNDABLE hotel and car in case AA cancels these as mistake fares.

Cash rates are looking low too. $382 from RIC to LIH. It's a crappy flight with 2 connections and 19 hours of travel time, but for somebody without miles and looking to save some serious cash on flights, that's pretty good.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but dd is a SW baby (May 4th). Every year on her birthday I tell her "May the 4th be with you":rotfl2:. At 17 she is so over it, but she expects it! The choice for us would be easy....HS all the way!

It took me a moment here to realize SW didn’t mean Southwest. A Southwest baby. How? :rotfl2: Oh wait...Star Wars, not Southwest! Lol

We thought the normal DAH was much better than the villains DAH. There seemed to be less people and since it's just rides, people don't congregate in the hub. Dh wasn't impressed with the stage show. I thought it was just okay. I enjoyed the dance party in front of the castle. Other than that the ride overlays really aren't enough for the extra price tag.

We went to the VAH in August too and I’d agree with this assessment, although I thought the stage show was really funny. Also, my teens were fascinated with the red Fanta on dry ice that “smoked”. Totally awesome if you don’t mind paying $8 for a cup of soda. Which I guess I didn’t. Because they had so much fun with it. They ran out of dry ice for my son’s serving so the guy serving him just poured him a regular soda, but then more dry ice was brought out so DS got the dry ice on a new drink and I got a free plain red soda.

Can you Uber or Lyft? It might be easier and sounds like cheaper.

I've definitely seen some from the west coast, but not many from the east coast. Considering I paid $900 for a flight from ORF to HNL 7 years ago, I'd jump at $380 if I was planning a trip for this year!

LOL, I probably paid close to that 23 years ago (and from ORF as well 🤣 ). Small markets get killed price wise.

LOL, I probably paid close to that 23 years ago (and from ORF as well 🤣 ). Small markets get killed price wise.

I know, I wish we had something bigger nearby. DCA and IAD are two hours from us, so it can be worth it sometimes, like our nonstop flight to LAX last year for 12.5k United miles one way. But United offers one stop flights to HNL from RIC for not much more than the flights from DC (or sometimes even cheaper). With the Hawaii flight market kind of expanding and flights opening up all over the place, I'm trying to keep my points currency really fluid right now since I'm not sure what airline I'll want to book on for next year when we go.

I guess I thought that family boarding was for those that need extra help or time. Like car seats and strollers and stuff. To give them extra time. My family likes to sit together even though my kids are older so I purchase Early Bird check in for all of us to guarantee that. Just frustrating when I pay $100 each way and then 30-40 people get to go ahead of you.

I think if my kids were younger I would embrace the family boarding I know its not going to change and I still love Southwest. And the main location with so many families is of course Orlando where we fly to the most.

I agree it is great for those with young kids. Just venting I guess. Especially when you see the people that abuse it and dont have any young children or they allow extended family and friends to get in line also.

I get it too...

Every time me and SO fly into and out of MCO we just assume there's going to be a good chance that we're probably going to be separated. The last time we flew out of MCO we were in the mid-B's and we were barely able to sit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter