I life long Dream comes true... pre trip count down.

Teresa, I am so looking forward to reading about your trip. Everything sounds amazing! Lord and Taylor has a 20% off coupon that you can print from their website incase you find something there. Good luck dress shopping!:goodvibes

i like the first and third, but the first would look terrible on me...

now i know why i had an outfit made for me for my daughter's wedding in March....nothing out there that works for my body...
the outfit made for me actually was thinning (it wasn't black either - how out of character for me)...
i just realized, if i ever make it back on a disney cruise, i'll have something to wear :goodvibes

It's hard to tell how these would fit because they are no models.

What color was your outfit? I tend to choose navy instead of black.

Teresa,

When I was there the same time last year, it was not humid. It was honestly quite beautiful weather for the whole trip (except for the wind we had for the first few days).

You have lunch in this cool hotel that they take you to on the motorcoach (so I'm not sure of the exact location). Very nice, great food. Dinner is back on the ship.

P1020524.jpg

Here are your pictures for today of Rome!

"Visit the Vatican City and the Sistine Chapel"

P1020431.jpg

P1020443.jpg

P1020465.jpg

P1020486.jpg

P1020499.jpg

ABDPhoto0507.jpg

Unfortunately, there are no photos allowed in the Sistine Chapel, so I had to steal someone else's illegal photo:

sistenechapelceiling_1399full.jpg

"Journey through Rome and see the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Forum."

P1020579.jpg

P1020583.jpg

P1020598.jpg

P1020543.jpg

P1020632.jpg

P1020641.jpg

"Junior Adventurer tour of the Coliseum, while adults enjoy their own tour."

P1020752.jpg

P1020662.jpg

P1020676.jpg

P1020729.jpg

P1020700.jpg

"Gelato tasting"

:goodvibes Gelato picture will have to wait until I get home! But it is really, *really* yummy!!!!

The Rome day is a long one, but it is FABULOUS! The whole concept of actually being there, in ROME, is beyond belief!

I think my favorite parts were the Sistine Chapel and the Trevi fountain. But it was all wonderful!

Sayhello

It's hard to tell how these would fit because they are no models.

What color was your outfit? I tend to choose navy instead of black.

actually, this is much more my style...
i can't believe it's on sale for only $79...but they only have a size 4 left...
i think my thigh alone, requires a lot more than a size 4
http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/wo...away_Shantung_Skirt_Suit-lordandtaylor/165329

my outfit for the wedding was 3 pieces...
the just below knee length navy blue skirt with a matching navy blue sleeveless tank top (same material - a beautiful silk or satin...or something....i know nothing about material....)...
and then on top was a sort of sheer silver jacket tunic that came down to about mid-thigh....it had a navy design on it....and three quarter sleeves...
i have the wedding pictures....i'll post one if i ever get around to the whole upload thing....

Teresa, you're going to have such a great time! I'd never been overseas before our Med cruise last year, and I have such great pictures and memories! One of the neatest things now is to see a place on TV and think: "Hey, I know where that is! I've been there!!!"

Several of my family members travel abroad often and they say that it's best to not dress like a tourist even if you are one. They wear mix and match black, khaki, and white with colorful accessories.

I try not to look at all the flight crap going on lately. We fly to MCO on Saturday. My trusty, safety first SWA better have their ducks in a row. :scared1:

going with the dress barn suggestion...

this is from dress barn women.....
it has potential....
and only $80
http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/beaded-waistband-long-dress/100739339/150

and this one is $60...
also with potential (they don't show it on a model so it's hard to tell)
http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/keyhole-neckline-long-dress/100754944/150

I have A dress!!!!!!!!!!! I Stopped by the Dress barn and found the first one with the beaded waist. I wasn't sure about my flabby lily white arms hanging out, but I found a Shawl thingy that goes well. It is sheer, kinda shiny gun metal color. Dress hangs nice as can be expected on my body. Tonight I met Pete At Florida Mall and we did alittle "cruise shopping". Truely Good times.........

The next few days I will be with Skip and Shelly doing the D23 Scavenger hunt.. Trying not to think about my upcoming adventure.. When I got home tonight, I had a Package from ABD with my back pack.. This trip is really going to happen..........As my excitement builds, I find that my Hubby is getting alittle quiet. I think He got a look at the chart and calendar I have made with all he has to do while I am gone.. Shuttling the girls, cooking, laundry, 3rd grade homework, Grocery shopping, taking care of my cats,...... I am trying my best to not let him bring me down.

Klaus has claimed the ABD box, Guess I better get busy and finish up alittle work before bed.

Sweet Dreams,

T.:lovestruc

I have A dress!!!!!!!!!!! I Stopped by the Dress barn and found the first one with the beaded waist. I wasn't sure about my flabby lily white arms hanging out, but I found a Shawl thingy that goes well. It is sheer, kinda shiny gun metal color. Dress hangs nice as can be expected on my body. Tonight I met Pete At Florida Mall and we did alittle "cruise shopping". Truely Good times.........

The next few days I will be with Skip and Shelly doing the D23 Scavenger hunt.. Trying not to think about my upcoming adventure.. When I got home tonight, I had a Package from ABD with my back pack.. This trip is really going to happen..........As my excitement builds, I find that my Hubby is getting alittle quiet. I think He got a look at the chart and calendar I have made with all he has to do while I am gone.. Shuttling the girls, cooking, laundry, 3rd grade homework, Grocery shopping, taking care of my cats,...... I am trying my best to not let him bring me down.

Klaus has claimed the ABD box, Guess I better get busy and finish up alittle work before bed.

Sweet Dreams,

i love that dress Teresa!!! i bet you look GORGEOUS in it!!!

i'm totally excited for you!!! wish i could tag along, it sounds like so much fun!!!!!!!!

Pretty dress T!
I'm sure your hubby will miss you not just because of all the stuff he'll have to do, but because he will just miss you being there!

You are really keeping busy until you leave, eh?

The dress looked amazing. I am so happy for you. You will have such a great time. I remember saying the same things about getting dressed for dinner when I did my first cruise, but after I found the formal dresses (both black & below knee) I actually enjoy that part of cruising. And I normally hate getting all dressed up. One of my favorite photos from a DCL cruise was formal night with Goofy in his tux.

Bon Voyage T.

Sweet Dreams,

Teresa looks beautiful in her dress!!

ONE WEEK!!!! ONE WEEK!!!!! ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to stay calm here...... My formal got a trial run at the Give kids the World Gala on Saturday night, Wondeful event, the dress was comfortable, the strapless bra was another thing, while dancing with Walter, "the Girls" were coming out!!!! Mind you , only I knew this, but not a good thing. Note to self, No dancing on the cruise!!!!

I went shopping again and came home with 5 pair of shoes!! I love my Rocket Dog Shoes!!! And I got a nice pair of Sketchers in white with aqua trim. I think I am all set for the trip now. I just need to pull everything out and make sure nothing is lacking.

I got my pantry organized and the menus made for the family this week end. My in laws are coming down to help for a few of the days I will be gone. Grace was not happy to learn that she is on the schedule to cook dinner 5 nights and help Stella with homework and other things too. I gave her the Speech
" everyone has to chip in and help so mommy can have a great time in Europe." At 16, I am sure she was thinking " What is in this for me?" Teamwork People, It is all about Teamwork............ My job is to go to Europe, Your job is to stay home and go to school, do the laundry, cook dinner, help your little sister and help keep the home clean... seems fair to me....

The earthquake in Spain kind of worried me. I am now picturing a tidalwave in the MED and the Magic tips like Posideon. I am thinking of putting some tools in my evening bag for cutting thru the hull of the ship. Just in case......

I want to think about Villefranche, France today........ Panoramic motor coach drive through Monaco to Monte Carlo. Visit the Prince Of Monaco's Palace and Photo OP, Lunch along the French Riviera, Shopping in Monaco!!!!!

How big should my bag be that I carry during the day? Leather, straw, canvas, cotton? I don't do backpacks, so that is out of the question.

Crap it is noon... Back to work,

Tata,

ONE WEEK!!!! ONE WEEK!!!!! ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to stay calm here...... My formal got a trial run at the Give kids the World Gala on Saturday night, Wondeful event, the dress was comfortable, the strapless bra was another thing, while dancing with Walter, "the Girls" were coming out!!!! Mind you , only I knew this, but not a good thing. Note to self, No dancing on the cruise!!!!

I went shopping again and came home with 5 pair of shoes!! I love my Rocket Dog Shoes!!! And I got a nice pair of Sketchers in white with aqua trim. I think I am all set for the trip now. I just need to pull everything out and make sure nothing is lacking.

I got my pantry organized and the menus made for the family this week end. My in laws are coming down to help for a few of the days I will be gone. Grace was not happy to learn that she is on the schedule to cook dinner 5 nights and help Stella with homework and other things too. I gave her the Speech
" everyone has to chip in and help so mommy can have a great time in Europe." At 16, I am sure she was thinking " What is in this for me?" Teamwork People, It is all about Teamwork............ My job is to go to Europe, Your job is to stay home and go to school, do the laundry, cook dinner, help your little sister and help keep the home clean... seems fair to me....

The earthquake in Spain kind of worried me. I am now picturing a tidalwave in the MED and the Magic tips like Posideon. I am thinking of putting some tools in my evening bag for cutting thru the hull of the ship. Just in case......

I want to think about Villefranche, France today........ Panoramic motor coach drive through Monaco to Monte Carlo. Visit the Prince Of Monaco's Palace and Photo OP, Lunch along the French Riviera, Shopping in Monaco!!!!!

How big should my bag be that I carry during the day? Leather, straw, canvas, cotton? I don't do backpacks, so that is out of the question.

Crap it is noon... Back to work,

Tata,

:lmao:

do you have one of those bags that goes across the body?
i suppose they must have a name, but i don't know what it is...
where it's on one shoulder then over the head and across the body....

hmm....anyway, those are nice for traveling, since you don't have all the weight on your shoulder, but instead on your body..
and you can get semi-trendy lookng ones...
plus they're much harder to steal or pickpocket from...

i need to go find some links.... :goodvibes

i'm so excited Teresa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok...editing to share a link...
this is what i mean by cross the shoulder...
but i would get something bigger than this....
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=3p3STci4GpHvsgaHwsmzCQ&ved=0CGwQ9QEwBw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter