I life long Dream comes true... pre trip count down.

newmouse2008

dis veteran
My adventure begins in three short weeks!!!!!!!! It seems like ages ago Pete called to tell me the good news that I would be going on a Disney Mediterranean Cruise. It goes without saying that I cried, I was in disbelief, I was in shock!!! The first person I called with the great news was my mother. And yes, we cried together. "You have always wanted this", she said, "I knew It would happen for you", she said, "I know! I know!" I was screaming into the phone!!! Italy, mom!!!" "Spain Mom!!!!' Holy *****!!!" "There is no need to use that language Teresa", She calmly says.
Since that day I have spoken to my mom often and the conversation always comes back to "the Trip".

One of my first thoughts was to lose weight... Europe cannot see me at this size... more importantly, I didn't want to see me in the photos at this size. So the diet began as the new year did. I am down 18 pounds so far.. I am hoping for at least 10 more before the trip. This is far below my first goal of 75 pounds!!! But, being realistic and cooking for a family and chocolate and pasta always on my mind, I am happy with my results.... ( side note.. Mac and cheese is 25 calories per tablespoon... what the crap????? lettuce is 25 calories for 2 cups... this is soooo wrong).

ok, then last week Pete tells me that I have to get a formal dress for "formal night"...... Hello!!!!! last time I wore a formal was at the prom in 1979!!!! and it wasn't pretty then... I have a mental pic of me looking like the golden girls, when I want to look like Helen Mirren....

So the list making has started, the clothes are thrown around my bedroom in giant reject piles. ( I do have one small pile of undies and 2 shirts ready to go with my passport). And I have started the Menus for the family left behind.

Stay tuned for my daily rambles as I prepare for the trip of my lifetime!!!!

T.:lovestruc

You are going to have so much fun...:thumbsup2

Enjoy yourself... tell the gang we said Hi,

Mark

Awwwwwwwww...First person I would have called was my mom too. :goodvibes

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you and can't wait to hear all your ramblings and pre-trip planning!

18 pounds is awesome...wish I could do the same, but maybe you have inspired me.

Know the feeling about formal night. My last "formal" was my brother's wedding 16 years ago and my SIL picked out my dress. :laughing: I'm sure you will find something beautiful. :goodvibes

ETA: My cousin is in Italy right now on a tour and she said it is beyond amazing...even though her luggage is lost (I know you can relate!) she said it's fabulous and she even got to see the Pope!
(from a distance, but still...)

Fantastic, Teresa! Both on the weight loss journey and the amazing trip you're about to take. :woohoo:

You might want to check out ModCloth for dresses - they have some beautiful ones. I just bought one that was on clearance for the Tony Awards!

Look, Rose, I mean Blanche - I mean THERESA...I hope you enjoy your trip of a lifetime and don't spend it worrying about Europe seeing your fat. :rotfl:

I don't much care for dressing for dinner, either.

Someone was remarking during the royal wedding and how glamorous and wonderful it all was and how we should do more stuff like that and Anderson Cooper said, "I dunno...I spent most of my life trying to avoid stuff like that..." :rotfl: There are 2 sides to every coin. :)

But you will look gorgeous and have fun! :)

I'm so excited for you and ::yes:: I would have called my Mom too. Good job on the weight loss. Looking forward to following your adventure.

I, for one, will be living vicariously through you on this trip! I can't wait to hear all the wonderful stories I know you'll have when you return. Happy prep time, and by the way, congratulations on those 18 pounds. That's amazing progress, and I love how grounded you are about the process. Rock on!

XO
Liz

Teresa: Congratulations on the weight loss!!! That's awesome.

I will be faithfully following along as this would be my dream trip too!! Way to go on the weight loss. It's hard work!
You'll find a lovely dress and look better than a golden girl OR Helen Mirren (you're not as old as her!).

Three weeks will FLY by!
I was just listening to the podcast about your ABD trip. Again, I would LOVE to do that one. Someday...

I am so excited for you Teresa! I am sure you will have an amazing time! I can't wait to hear all about the cruise! :)

This is how we feel when we are coming the other way from europe.
Europe is so different from the US and you will have a magical time .:)

I wish I was taking this trip with you...but a Teresa Travel Diary is the next best thing!

Can't wait to follow along!

Great job on the weight loss so far keep it up:thumbsup2 looking forward to hearing more about your trip:banana:

woohoo!
Sounds like a great trip and here's another Podcast listener waiting to hear all about it!

My Mom's going on her first cruise this summer. I gave her my cruise advice: long black skirt (or flowing black pants, preferably silk) and a sparkly top ... as modest or revealing as you like ;)
and a long shaw to wrap around your neck and shoulders when you need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter