I know kids do it all the time but adults

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I am aiming to do all TS to accommodate my GF family member is it frowned upon if I just order a orange juice while they eat

I think you are making this into much more of a big deal than it needs to be. Most quick service restaurants offer GF food, there is really no need to book all table service unless that's what your whole party wants to do. GF is pretty much the most common dietary requirement around, I think you need to stop stressing over it. (Meant in the nicest way possible).

I think you are making this into much more of a big deal than it needs to be. Most quick service restaurants offer GF food, there is really no need to book all table service unless that's what your whole party wants to do. GF is pretty much the most common dietary requirement around, I think you need to stop stressing over it. (Meant in the nicest way possible).

I get it

Double and triple LIKE.

@tinkerbellandeeyor
Trust me when I say that you are not going to be able to plan every single minute of your vacation and you are not going to be able to ensure that everyone has a good time. There are going to be hiccups. Things are going to go wrong. It might rain. You may end up on a bus that breaks down. That is life.

I am gluten free. And I am booked with free quick service dining. We plan on possibly 2 table service meals The rest will be quick service and snacks. I know that it won't be a problem. I am looking forward to pork and chicken, waffles and pancakes, and pizza and burgers. I am certainly not worried about finding gluten free food.

Double and triple LIKE.

@tinkerbellandeeyor
Trust me when I say that you are not going to be able to plan every single minute of your vacation and you are not going to be able to ensure that everyone has a good time. There are going to be hiccups. Things are going to go wrong. It might rain. You may end up on a bus that breaks down. That is life.

I am gluten free. And I am booked with free quick service dining. We plan on possibly 2 table service meals The rest will be quick service and snacks. I know that it won't be a problem. I am looking forward to pork and chicken, waffles and pancakes, and pizza and burgers. I am certainly not worried about finding gluten free food.

I don't know why I am so worried about perfection I know things are going to go wrong and that is okay

What you have to remember is that you are on vacation in Disney!! If you enjoy yourself then more than likely everyone you are traveling with will also enjoy themselves... if you are stressed then others will feel it too. My first trip (quite a while ago) I way over planned and realized that everyone had a better time when we tried to just go with the flow.

Is the gf family member an adult? If so they will be fine figuring out what they can and can't eat. You don't need to even think about it. My teenager has been making her own gf food choices since age 13 (four years now). It's easy to ask a worker what is/isn't gf.

Is the gf family member an adult? If so they will be fine figuring out what they can and can't eat. You don't need to even think about it. My teenager has been making her own gf food choices since age 13 (four years now). It's easy to ask a worker what is/isn't gf.

Yes she is but unless my family request it I think we are going to stick to CS I know TS is better but I thought about it and I want my family to have the freedom to eat when we are hungry not at a time that is set ahead of time

At TS restaurants - We put that there was a person with an allergy online when I made the reservation. Someone always came over to the table to ask who has the allergy and what the allergy was. I promise they are really good about allergies. Then the food came with a stick in it that says allergy.

As noted above, it's only at buffets where you have to pay full price in order to have a seat at your table...otherwise, you are the customer. I go with a large party every year, and sometimes, some of us don't want to eat when have TS meals. Some of us might be starving, while others want a drink and maybe an appetizer (and a chance to sit and rest in A/C). I've been to signature restaurants when everyone in the party wanted a glass of wine, an appetizer and dessert only (with no entrees), and the wait staff did not blink an eye and actually gave us fantastic service. Simply wanting a drink when others at your table are eating full meals isn't a big deal. The wait staff at any restaurant (TS or QS) is there to serve you, not the other way around.

Okay my mom and I talked and the adult that I was classifying as GF said she can splurge on some gluten (sp) so even if the dole whip has gluten she will be able to pretax in the treat with the rest of us

Okay my mom and I talked and the adult that I was classifying as GF said she can splurge on some gluten (sp) so even if the dole whip has gluten she will be able to pretax in the treat with the rest of us
The Dole Whip is gluten free.

I'm guessing that she is gluten free by choice, rather than for a medical reason. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to cheat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter