i just don't understand.

Sparx

DIS Veteran
why people pay so much money to go to college, and then don't do their homework. :headache::headache:

i am so mad. i have a group project due tomorrow, and my partner hasn't emailed me ONCE. so it looks like i'm going to spend the rest of tonight doing his half of the work. we get a collective grade, so it hurts me if its not done.

ugh.

that really sucks, shelby.

if i were you i would send an email to the prof. telling them about the situation. it isn't fair that you have to do all of the work if it's a group project. maybe he would grade you easier knowing you had to do so much work?

This is why I hate group projects.

Is there ANY way at all to contact him/her or talk to your professor?

my professor said it didn't have to be a group project, so we could do it all by ourselves and not put another person's name on it, and get a solo grade, but the whole class (about 30 people) broke up into groups of two, simply to ease up the work. so either way, it all has to be done. kwim?

a few minutes ago the guy said he's working on it, on facebook, but i'm a little skeptical since he's not talked to me about it, or replied to any of my emails since like monday.

if he doesn't email his half to me tonight, i'll do it, and put my name on it.

i just don't understand why people pay so much money to not go to class and not do homework. especially when your homework isn't just yours, like in a group project. :confused3

The same thing happened to me yesterday, and it's SO frustrating.
I ended up with an awful and rushed project, and the information that my partners DID contribute was irrelevant and off-topic. Granted, I'm still in high school, but I feel your pain.
Good luck finishing it up!

I feel that way in high school. Last year we were in groups doing a chapter review, one girl at my table just sat there and said, "When you're done, I'm just going to copy yours." My friend and I automatically put our papers in our bags and said we'd do it later, since we are not people to say no. If you don't do your work, you don't get OUR grade.

We were in groups of 4 last year and my friend and I did the work and two of the others just sat around. By the time they asked us if we needed help we had 1 more question left (They left to go hang out in another teachers room) and they wouldn't have known how to do it. At the end of class our teacher told us just to put my friend and I's name on it since the others didn't do the work.

I personally hate group projects, even with friends. I don't trust others with my grades.
I'm sorry, I hope your partner steps it up or you get to do it solo. I'm sure it does get frustrating.

I know the feeling. We had a group test that we had to do in English. It was freaking open book! And they contributed nothing. Just love giving them an A ._.

I know the feeling. We had a group test that we had to do in English. It was freaking open book! And they contributed nothing. Just love giving them an A ._.

my government teacher used to do those! it was so annoying. we could use our book and our notebook, but people would still BEG to have a partner. i never had one, cause they never answered any of the questions, just waited for me to do it and copied my answers.

so far, no email. ugh.

I HATE!! open book, group tests. We had our first one the other day, I was the ONLY one to hand my test it. It was 4 pages long, yeah, but it was all right there in the freakin book!

Yep, I'm the one who everyone copies off because I'm smart. I've learned to put my foot down and say "Girl, whatchu doin with my test?!". People don't like me very much at that moment, but oh well life's tough, go get a helmet.

my government teacher used to do those! it was so annoying. we could use our book and our notebook, but people would still BEG to have a partner. i never had one, cause they never answered any of the questions, just waited for me to do it and copied my answers.

so far, no email. ugh.

We didn't even get to pick our groups, which made it even worse.

Hopefully you'll get an email soon. I feel bad for you. D:

lol I love partner work for that sole reason. One kid gets it done, then everyone else copies.

I like group work when i am the slacker, not the one doing the work for the slacker.

I'm too anal when it comes to schoolwork to be a slacker. It's such a bad quality :sad2:

well, he never emailed me. and since its due tomorrow, and its almost 9 pm now, i just did the whole thing myself and my name is on it. he'll deal with the consequences tomorrow i guess.

its not a huge assignment, worth about 30 points, but i have a 100 average in this class, and i'm not blowing that because someone is too lazy to do their homework.

well, he never emailed me. and since its due tomorrow, and its almost 9 pm now, i just did the whole thing myself and my name is on it. he'll deal with the consequences tomorrow i guess.

its not a huge assignment, worth about 30 points, but i have a 100 average in this class, and i'm not blowing that because someone is too lazy to do their homework.

Good :thumbsup2

If your partner does not talk to you he deserves it.
And that's why i always work alone

I'm only a slacker if it's something I'm not being marked on. Like if we're doing a small presentation in class, I'm not going to put a lot of effort in.

I'm currently in a group with a couple of Koreans, and I have this huge language barrier going on. I was in their group last time, and I'm kind of dreading the next for days of me asking them to repeat.
I don't mean to be mean, but I need a translator. I don't know anybody in that class, so I can't say no to them.

That does make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I don't get people who just don't do their homework for no good reason. Like I've always been the one who always has everything for school and is never missing an assignment. There is no real excuse for not doing your work besides you just being lazy.

Been there, done that. It absolutely irritates me to no end to be in a group with a bunch of slackers. I am such a control freak, so I cannot take that kind of stuff. I always end up doing the whole project by myself because I'm so tired of hassling with the other members.

I'm the kind of person who likes to get things done as soon as possible (because I usually have a million other things going on), and it seems like the entire world is full of people who wait until the night before.

I don't like my grades being in the hands of other people, which is what happens during group projects.

I DETEST group work.

I had one group project in American Government last year. WORST IDEA EVER.
Of course that might have to do with the fact one of the kids I was working with had a LOT of issues. Mostly with me, apparently.

Most of group projects I have have the option of going solo. I choose solo every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter