I had a truly terrifying experience-THE TRUTH Pg19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is safe to say you really shouldn't lay back down any more and take naps when your kids are at school. If you don't have an alarm you can set you can't take the chance. I can't imagine how scared your kids must have been being held at the police station not knowing why you didn't pick them up.

IMO they SHOULD HAVE given you hell. I am sure they deal with ppl every day who don't keep up with their kids and give them all kinds of sob stories and lame excuses.

Are you a single mom? Or just a stay at home mom? What does your husband think about what happened? Nobody has HIS number to call him? I am assuming you are married since you don't mention having a job and you are napping during the day.

A bit judgemental?? :rolleyes:

Glad to know such perfect people exist in the world.

OP, I'd freak too. Glad to hear the kids are OK. Keep an eye on yourself and get your butt to the doctor if you notice your energy level gets any worse.

And, I'd run out and buy a couple of Starbucks cards or something for the bus drivers along with a note of apology. Dumb of them not to say where the kids were on the messages, but at least they did try to contact you multiple times.

:hug:

I'm wondering if there is some rule (that the OP has missed) that says which precinct that the children will be brought to, so they'd assumed she'd know. A precinct near the end of the route actually makes sense - otherwise they'd have to take all the kids to the precinct near the child's home and then continue with the route. Though, admittedly, I've never heard of a rule that says kids are dropped off at the police precinct, so I don't really know.

If you slept for 9 hours in the middle of the day you have serious health issues-even pre-diabetes. You should have gone to a Doctor today for tests.Go Monday-please.

I also second that I'd check in with my doctor. That just isn't normal for a well rested adult. If your on any type of meds I'd check with your doctor about that too.

Sorry you were so scared. Glad your kids are home safe.

I'd call the doctor too. A 9 hour nap just isn't normal.

Maybe the reason they didn't tell you where they were is because they weren't allowed to leave that information on a message. I don't think you should be mad at them though. It's not their fault, it was your fault. Even though it wasn't intentional, you failed to pick them up.

I'm glad everything turned out fine and they are home safe and sound.

I am sure it was a nightmare for your poor kids as well. Are they OK? I hope you get to your doctor soon. This is NOT normal and you need to get to the bottom of it.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that a bus driver can take your kids to a police station just because you are not at the bus stop. Wow, that's such a foreign concept to me.

OP I'm with everyone else, that kind of nap is not normal along with missing the calls even if your ringer was on low. I'd call the Dr. asap.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that a bus driver can take your kids to a police station just because you are not at the bus stop. Wow, that's such a foreign concept to me.

What else would the bus driver do? She says they called the emergency numbers and waited 2 hours, trying to figure out what you thing the bus driver should have done?

What else would the bus driver do? She says they called the emergency numbers and waited 2 hours, trying to figure out what you thing the bus driver should have done?

Where I live they would bring them back to school and call everyone on the emergency contact list. If for some reason they couldn't reach anyone on the list they would call CPS.

taken the kids to the house to see if she was home? :confused3 Here they would have just walked home and woken me up... :rolleyes1 this happens a lot with kids down the street from the bus stop, their dad is a cop and works nights so there are days he misses the alarm and the kids just go home and wake him up.. I use to watch them go home and get in the house but now I know its not a big deal.

OP how old are the kids?

Wow. Have you called your doctor?

Are you on any medications?
Have you been tested for sleep disorders?

I'm sorry OP. I can imagine how scared you were. Have you been having trouble sleeping?

That was NOT normal sleep. I'd be calling the doctor, too.

I also second that I'd check in with my doctor. That just isn't normal for a well rested adult. If your on any type of meds I'd check with your doctor about that too.

Sorry you were so scared. Glad your kids are home safe.

I can only imagine how terrified and frightened you were.. I think most of us are in agreement here - something happened (or is beginning to happen) and you need to see a doctor ASAP.. That is not normal at all..

So glad you have your kids back home - safe and sound.. Please see a doctor right away..
:hug:

I'm definetly going to the doctor ASAP. I am in fact a single mom. I live alone just me and my kids. I freaked out last night trying to go to sleep . I stayed up until close to 4:00 am because I wasn't sleepy and I was afraid I'd go to sleep and not wake up. I've heard that sleep is the closest thing to death . I am really afraid because that just is not normal for me . I told my dd last night about calling 911 for emergencies and if mommy doesn't wake up. That freaked her out and made her cry .

I have thier father listed as an emergency contact . He lived with his mother for years but he moved out a couple weeks ago with some chick and I have no clue where they live. They may have went to his address and made calls but his mother is not on any papers to pick them up so they couldn't drop them off with her.

My dd knows where we live...They sat and waited for hours but didn't once suggest knocking on my door ? They know Im ALWAYS on time.They could have called the police to atleast check the apartment out. I could've been dead...maybe I actually was in some sorta coma .

I will never take a nap again while they are in school .

(((((Hugs))))) Really feel for you and your kids!!!! I know it must have been frightening for you all. How old are the kids?

taken the kids to the house to see if she was home? :confused3 Here they would have just walked home and woken me up... :rolleyes1 this happens a lot with kids down the street from the bus stop, their dad is a cop and works nights so there are days he misses the alarm and the kids just go home and wake him up.. I use to watch them go home and get in the house but now I know its not a big deal. OP how old are the kids?

My oldest is 6 almost 7 years old. This summer she had a diffrent bus company and sometimes they'd come about 30 minutes early and the matron would walk dd to the door and knock on the door. She would do this every time they were ahead of schedule. Im sure if they would have knocked loudly I would have woken up.

You don't have anyone else on your emergency contact list?

I have at least 5 people listed besides my husband and I.

I'm definetly going to the doctor ASAP. I am in fact a single mom. I live alone just me and my kids. I freaked out last night trying to go to sleep . I stayed up until close to 4:00 am because I wasn't sleepy and I was afraid I'd go to sleep and not wake up. I've heard that sleep is the closest thing to death . I am really afraid because that just is not normal for me . I told my dd last night about calling 911 for emergencies and if mommy doesn't wake up. That freaked her out and made her cry .

I have thier father listed as an emergency contact . He lived with his mother for years but he moved out a couple weeks ago with some chick and I have no clue where they live. They may have went to his address and made calls but his mother is not on any papers to pick them up so they couldn't drop them off with her.

My dd knows where we live...They sat and waited for hours but didn't once suggest knocking on my door ? They know Im ALWAYS on time.They could have called the police to atleast check the apartment out. I could've been dead...maybe I actually was in some sorta coma .

I will never take a nap again while they are in school .

This confuses and worries me. Do you have anxiety? Please watch your children closely and seek help, if need be. After hearing that from you and then you not being there to pick them up, it could have been very traumatic for your daughter.

I suggest you tell your doctor everything you're feeling.

My oldest is 6 almost 7 years old. This summer she had a diffrent bus company and sometimes they'd come about 30 minutes early and the matron would walk dd to the door and knock on the door. She would do this every time they were ahead of schedule. Im sure if they would have knocked loudly I would have woken up.

They kept your kids safe, that's what you should focus on, instead of what they did wrong. The bottom line is if you would have been there, there wouldn't be a question of should or shouldn't they knock on the door.

You said the protocol is to take kids with no-show parents to the precinct. Did they follow that protocol? If so, then just be grateful they did. If they didn't follow the protocol, then file a complaint with the school district.

If you don't like the current rules, then get involved and work to change them.

You don't have anyone else on your emergency contact list?

I have at least 5 people listed besides my husband and I.

My family lives 2 hours away . I have them down as emergency contacts but they arent local . They want emergency contacts who atleast lives in the same state. Im really bothered by the fact that besides thier father I have no other support . He isn't even around. We havent seen him in a year. My family wants me to move back to our hometown so ill have support and help raising the kids but for right now Im staying put where I am. If I lived back in my hometown there is no way my kids would've gone to a police station . I'd have atleast 10 local contacts.

My family lives 2 hours away . I have them down as emergency contacts but they arent local . They want emergency contacts who atleast lives in the same state. Im really bothered by the fact that besides thier father I have no other support . He isn't even around. We havent seen him in a year. My family wants me to move back to our hometown so ill have support and help raising the kids but for right now Im staying put where I am. If I lived back in my hometown there is no way my kids would've gone to a police station . I'd have atleast 10 local contacts.

You don't have any friends or neighbors you could put down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter