I had a truly terrifying experience-THE TRUTH Pg19

Status
Not open for further replies.

HersheyKisses

Mouseketeer
Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. It was just so confusing and terrifying . Ill start from the begining . The day began normally ..I went to sleep the night before and woke up in the morning to get my kids dressed for school . I put them both on thier schoolbus at around 7:15 am. They go to seperate schools and ride diffrent buses. My youngest gets home at 1:45 pm and my oldest at around 4:00 pm . I am never late picking them up from thier buses .I always stand outside roughly 10 minutes earlier. I see alot of parents getting thier children late for one reason or another . I know life happens and being a few minutes late while not ideal ...it happens :confused3 . I came back in the house and started cleaning up the house . I cleaned the bathroom and the bedrooms and my mom called while I was washing the dishes. I spoke to her for a good 30 minutes while I was washing the dishes. At this point it's around 9:30 a.m . I watched $40 a day and decided to take a nap after the show. I normally nap 2 hours at the most ..I had a full night of sleep and was well rested . I dont nap everyday at all . I was just bored and decided to take a little nap .

It was 10:00 am ..I laid in bed and fiddled with my cellphone and drifted off to sleep probaly 15 minutes later...

So I wake up and automatically reach for my cell phone to look at the time and my heart fell out of my chest . When I tell you I freaked out..I mean I really FREAKED out. It was 7:15 P.M . I would have assumed my cell phone was broke if I didnt look outside and see it was pitch black outside. I burst into tears immediately because in NY if you dont get your child from the school bus they take your child to the police precinct. I grabbed my home phone thinking why didn't they call me to get my kid from the bus ? They did call me ...like 20 times! I had my ringer on low :headache: I was so scared for my kids I had no idea where they were and of course the school bus company was closed . I ran outside hoping the buses would be out there waiting...fat chance . I didn't know where my kids were . I listened to all of the messages and none of them said where they took my kids. I called every police precinct in brooklyn until I located my kids..They were in seperate areas not even my local precinct! It's like they finished thier run and just dropped them off at the closest one to the last drop. The rules are theyare supposed to be left at YOUR local precinct..so why my kids were so far from where we lived just pissed me off .

I took a taxi and picked my kids up.They gave me HELL . I tried to explain to them what happened and how im personally freaked out that I slept that long .They just were not buying it . I was questioned for atleast a half hour before they gave me my kid .

I still dont know why I slept that long.It's totally not normal. My kids were crying when I picked them up :sad1: It was such an awful experience . Im sure on Monday the bus drivers are going to chew me out for being late because according to the messages they waited atleast 2 hours .

This is such a nightmare .

Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. It was just so confusing and terrifying . Ill start from the begining . The day began normally ..I went to sleep the night before and woke up in the morning to get my kids dressed for school . I put them both on thier schoolbus at around 7:15 am. They go to seperate schools and ride diffrent buses. My youngest gets home at 1:45 pm and my oldest at around 4:00 pm . I am never late picking them up from thier buses .I always stand outside roughly 10 minutes earlier. I see alot of parents getting thier children late for one reason or another . I know life happens and being a few minutes late while not ideal ...it happens :confused3 . I came back in the house and started cleaning up the house . I cleaned the bathroom and the bedrooms and my mom called while I was washing the dishes. I spoke to her for a good 30 minutes while I was washing the dishes. At this point it's around 9:30 a.m . I watched $40 a day and decided to take a nap after the show. I normally nap 2 hours at the most ..I had a full night of sleep and was well rested . I dont nap everyday at all . I was just bored and decided to take a little nap .

It was 10:00 am ..I laid in bed and fiddled with my cellphone and drifted off to sleep probaly 15 minutes later...

So I wake up and automatically reach for my cell phone to look at the time and my heart fell out of my chest . When I tell you I freaked out..I mean I really FREAKED out. It was 7:15 P.M . I would have assumed my cell phone was broke if I didnt look outside and see it was pitch black outside. I burst into tears immediately because in NY if you dont get your child from the school bus they take your child to the police precinct. I grabbed my home phone thinking why didn't they call me to get my kid from the bus ? They did call me ...like 20 times! I had my ringer on low :headache: I was so scared for my kids I had no idea where they were and of course the school bus company was closed . I ran outside hoping the buses would be out there waiting...fat chance . I didn't know where my kids were . I listened to all of the messages and none of them said where they took my kids. I called every police precinct in brooklyn until I located my kids..They were in seperate areas not even my local precinct! It's like they finished thier run and just dropped them off at the closest one to the last drop. The rules are theyare supposed to be left at YOUR local precinct..so why my kids were so far from where we lived just pissed me off .

I took a taxi and picked my kids up.They gave me HELL . I tried to explain to them what happened and how im personally freaked out that I slept that long .They just were not buying it . I was questioned for atleast a half hour before they gave me my kid .

I still dont know why I slept that long.It's totally not normal. My kids were crying when I picked them up :sad1: It was such an awful experience . Im sure on Monday the bus drivers are going to chew me out for being late because according to the messages they waited atleast 2 hours .

Wow. Have you called your doctor?

You must be one exhausted Mom!! When my DD was in preschool she had a half day and i fell asleep , woke up a tad late and was frantic... I feel for you...

Wow, that must have been awful!

Are you on any medications?
Have you been tested for sleep disorders?

That does sound like a nightmare! Hope the kids weren't too scared!
For the future make sure everyone has your cell phone number as well as your home phone number! Also nothing wrong with taking a nap, but set an alarm!
I'm glad the kids are safe and you have the weekend to recover.

When they called , didn't they leave a message saying where they left your children??

I don't think you have to much room to be made at anyone. I'm glad they are okay, I would be freaked out to. I think when I get to much sleep it makes me even more sleepy.

When they called , didn't they leave a message saying where they left your children??

She said in her original post that none of the 20 messages said where the kids were.

Wow. Have you called your doctor?

because she slept? :confused3

OP I feel for ya.. I'm sick :sick:.. My kids had a half day today ds3 was up until almost 3am last night :headache: because he had a very late nap.. after the kids left for school I went back to sleep.. I'm SOOOO lucky I had my alarm set for 12:15... bus came at 12:30 :rolleyes1 Even ds3 slept the whole time they were gone... I woke up frantic trying to get him up and both of us dressed to get our butts down there... of course if I wasn't there its not a big deal its only a block away and they dont take them to the police station! They would have just walked home alone, but when they usually get home at 4pm there is lots of traffic so I usually walk them home.

Do you have emergency contacts listed? If so, I would think they'd call them before taking the kids to the police.

I'm sorry OP. I can imagine how scared you were. Have you been having trouble sleeping?

because she slept? :confused3

OP I feel for ya.. I'm sick :sick:.. My kids had a half day today ds3 was up until almost 3am last night :headache: because he had a very late nap.. after the kids left for school I went back to sleep.. I'm SOOOO lucky I had my alarm set for 12:15... bus came at 12:30 :rolleyes1 Even ds3 slept the whole time they were gone... I woke up frantic trying to get him up and both of us dressed to get our butts down there... of course if I wasn't there its not a big deal its only a block away and they dont take them to the police station! They would have just walked home alone, but when they usually get home at 4pm there is lots of traffic so I usually walk them home.

Yes- because she slept the night before, everything was normal that morning (according to her)... she laid down for a nap at 10:00 and woke up 8 hours later.... that's not normal.

That was NOT normal sleep. I'd be calling the doctor, too. OP any chance somehow you were slipped ambien or some such thing??

maybe she's getting sick... whatever I have is kicking my *** big time right now.. and if you on my facebook you'd see 4 hrs of sleep for me is normal at night.. I've slept 18+hrs in the last day and a half... its going around from what I can gather..

I'm sorry that happened to you. You sound like a good mom. :hug:

Something similar happened to a teacher I used to work with. One time she never showed up for school and didn't call in sick. The principal called her but there was no answer. She finally answered the phone after lunch and was really freaked out that she was still asleep. She said she was dreaming that she was at work the whole time.

It happened again a couple months later during parent-teacher conferences. Her room was locked and the lights were out. Parents were showing up for conferences and no one knew where the teacher was. Turns out she was sleeping again.

She had been taking a mild anti-depressant due to marital problems, and it turned out her body just reacted strangely to the medication.

Go to your doctor ASAP. It is not normal to get a full night's sleep and then need a nap at 10:00am and sleep for 9 hours -- and not wake up even one time.

I think it is safe to say you really shouldn't lay back down any more and take naps when your kids are at school. If you don't have an alarm you can set you can't take the chance. I can't imagine how scared your kids must have been being held at the police station not knowing why you didn't pick them up.

IMO they SHOULD HAVE given you hell. I am sure they deal with ppl every day who don't keep up with their kids and give them all kinds of sob stories and lame excuses.

Are you a single mom? Or just a stay at home mom? What does your husband think about what happened? Nobody has HIS number to call him? I am assuming you are married since you don't mention having a job and you are napping during the day.

Oh my gosh, I can only imagine how panicked you felt! It must have felt surreal when you woke up and realized the time. I don't think it would hurt to talk to your doctor. Maybe you've got sleep apnea or aren't sleeping as well as you thought.

And, I'd run out and buy a couple of Starbucks cards or something for the bus drivers along with a note of apology. Dumb of them not to say where the kids were on the messages, but at least they did try to contact you multiple times.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter