I Find Out Tomorrow if my CHEMO is working! ***UPDATE POST #46***

I'm sending many, many good thoughts, good wishes, prayers, and pixie dust to you! Hoping you get GOOD NEWS! :grouphug: :wizard:

Thank you all so much! I can FEEL all of your hugs and prayers and they are helping as I tick-tick-tick-watch the clock here.Two hours until I leave. :wizard:

Well, here's the good, the bad, and the ugly of it all.

The Bad: I always like to get it over with first. The tumor in my lung has grown by about 20%.

The Ugly: My doc. is increasing my Xeloda to 10 pills a day instead of 6. 10 is a more normal dose. Apparently she was starting me out slowly. Side effects may become more noticeable. Other Ugly: I was quite depleted in fluids and my heart rate wasn't right, so I had to sit and get an hours worth of fluids pumped into me. Also was running a temp. and feeling yucky overall, so I'm on a Z-Pack for the next week. If I'm doing better by Monday, back to the doc. So Happy Memorial Day Weekend.....not!

The Good: Of course, God always provides some good!! No new tumors had emerged! The other tumor and lymph nodes stayed the same!! I got my horrible triple lumen PICC line taken out!! I no longer need the awful shots in my stomach every night!!! It seems like Xeloda is going to be a good drug for me. Some people, on the "low" dose, have awful side effects, but since I did relatively well, outlook is good. No new scans for 6 weeks!

So there you have the latest. And I'm off to drink Ginger Ale, eat some chicken soup and crash for the weekend.

Much love and thanks for all the prayers, :love:
Beth

Beth,

You are in my prayers. May the Good soon outweigh the Bad and the Ugly. Take care of yourself this weekend, and please keep us posted when you can.

:grouphug:

Aw, I am sorry to hear it didn't come back the way you or the doctors would have liked. But I think it sounds like you have a very positive frame of mind and I think that is very important.

Definitely keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

Well, it seems like your spirits are great. I hope the extra pills don't make you feel too bad. Keep up the positive attitude!

Beth,

You have a great attitude. If I may make a suggestion for this weekend? Watch as many funny movies that you can. Laugh until you burst. Have some friends over for a comedy night. Let those endorphins and serotins run rampant through your system.

Keeping you in my prayers. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

{{{Beth}}} - many hugs :grouphug:

I hope this new dosage does the trick!!! I'm glad there are no new tumors or any spreading so that is good news! More :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: coming your way.

Keep us posted. If you have a bad day, come here and we'll try to make it better for you.

Take care, Beth! :hug:

Beth, I'm sorry to hear that there was some bad & ugly along with the good this visit. It does sound like the good things will really improve your spirits even more. I will lift you up in prayer that the next visit will only have good! :hug:

Aw, sweetie, I wish I could come over and share a bowl of that chicken soup with you...you will continue to be in my prayers for healing. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter