• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I DON'T Walk. A kids rule May 2015 TR *Completed 2/13*

Oh no....i'm all caught up! I am so sorry you had such a rough time on this trip. You are very brave doing it with 3 boys that young. I have 2 girls and their first trip will be in just over a year, and they will be 6 and 7. On the plus side, I'm loving your report and I can't wait to read more. Keep it coming. :)

It so hard traveling with kids and never knowing what to fully expect! I think overall the day was good but I know exactly what you mean nothing seemed to go your way and it just stresses you out!
It is always really hard when you do your best to plan and I think I was just having a hard time adjusting my expectations.

I hope the rest of the trip is amazing I'm looking forward to reading it!
Overall, the trip was great but it doesn't get better just yet.

Hope you're having wonderful holidays with your friends and family!
Thank you, I hope you are as well. :santa:

Sorry things have been rough lately. Hope everyone is on the mend and you have happy holidays!
Thanks we are better now. Happy Holidays to you as well.

Ugh, sorry your night at Epcot was so difficult. I don't know how you manage with three kids, as sometimes just 1 is enough to get me feeling like that. Very nice of that CM to bring out the frozen yogurt, though. And I'm glad you at least got to try some of the foods you wanted and got some nice pictures.
Yeah, looking back we did get a lot of what we wanted done, but I think that was the problem, it was just too much for the boys. Our next trip is going to be shorter because of this.

Oh we're in the same place as you minus the computer issues.
Oh, I'm sorry, I hope everyone is better now.

I'm sorry it was a rough night in Epcot. Life with 3 kids is just crazy most of the time but when they are hungry and tired it just escalates! I'm glad you finally got Nicholas somewhat calmed down after the bottle. But I know it reaches that point where nothing but sleep will really make them happy.
Yeah we were defientely beyond the point of no return with them sometimes all you need is some down time and we did not have enough of it this trip. BTW I looked at your countdown and it is identical to mine, yay for May trips.

I'm sorry you had to leave early! But it sounds like everyone was much happier back at the resort...and ice cream doesn't hurt!!
We were happy to relax and the boys loved the Mickey bars.

I'm glad you had a chance to ride it. I'm not crazy about all the changes but I really like the Design Studio.
Even though it has been awhile for me, I would have rather had the old version, Connor did like designing his own car though.

That stinks. Oh well, you got to watch him ride anyway.
:rotfl2:One of those learning moments to put down the camera and just enjoy the moment.

That was awesome of her to try to help make things easier for you. I know you probably felt horrible right then, but there is really something to be said for service that is this good!
I so appreciated the gesture it made me ease up for sure.

I understand. And that really stinks. I'm sorry the day ended like this for you. But on the bright side... it really could have been worse. It looks like everyone calmed down by the time you made it back to the room so hopefully everyone will get a good night sleep and be ready to go the next day.
True, I am glad we got out of there before my kids could truly meltdown.

Hi Ashley! I am new to your TR and am still catching up :rolleyes1 . It's been great so far!:)
:welcome:Thanks for coming by.

Hugs! We have 3 kids around the ages of your kiddos, and reading your TR has reminded me that I need to lower my expectations for our upcoming trip, but also savor all the memories! I hope your MK day was much better!
I am glad you could gain some insight for your trip. I knew going in it was going to be a challenge and this night was a poster for why not to take little kids to Disney, BUT there are so many memories from this trip that were amazing and those really do outweigh the bad times. I think the hardest thing for me is that I am such a BIG Disney fan, and it was hard for me to let go of things I wanted to do because the boys were too cranky. The unexpected moments and down times brought us some of our favorite moments.

Oh no....i'm all caught up! I am so sorry you had such a rough time on this trip. You are very brave doing it with 3 boys that young. I have 2 girls and their first trip will be in just over a year, and they will be 6 and 7. On the plus side, I'm loving your report and I can't wait to read more. Keep it coming. :)
I am actually looking forward to when the boys are older and going will be easier, but really any age kids will give you a hard time so who knows :rotfl:

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas if you celebrate. Our Christmas was full of Star Wars, from toys to clothes, to video I think we own every Star Wars product there is :darth:. I have started my PTR for our May 2016 trip if anyone is interested LINK HERE. Have a Happy New Year and on with the TR.

Day 6: Part 1 This hat is too big

This was another early morning for us with morning extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom. We drove over and parked in the first section of cars. Thankfully, we didn’t pass any overflowing trash cans this morning and we hopped on the monorail at 7:30.

By the time we got through the tapstiles we didn’t have too long to wait until the welcome show. We had fun taking picture in front of the train station, the early morning light made everything look beautiful.

Even though we were not there too early and didn’t have to wait long, but Nicholas was getting antsy and cranky. I think by this point he was just sick of being in a stroller so much. It definitely did nothing but get me cranky, because my nerves were still shot from the night before, so much for taking the night to decompress:guilty:. Luckily, nothing makes me happier than seeing the welcome show and soon we were being welcomed by Scoop Sanderson and my disposition got exponentially sunnier:sunny:.

After a Good Morning to us we were off down Main Street, my first goal of the day was to get a picture in front of the castle in our matching shirts and Mickey ears. The first not too crowded photographer was basically in front of a wall and not the castle but I didn’t care too much. Well, I took James and Nicholas to get their hats on and Joe took Connor. It was our turn and Joe and Connor were still fussing over something. I asked what was wrong and Connor had a huge scowl on his face. Remember how I mentioned Connor and his too big hat from Downtown Disney from a few nights before, well now he was having a meltdown because he said his ear hat was too big and he did not want to wear it. Now I am not a very laidback person, but I do try to not force my kids to do unnecessary things, kind of a choosing my battles kind of thing; too scared to meet a character okay, don’t want to smile for a picture fine, pout and miss out on something fun, your loss. However, this is something that was very important to me and I was not about to let his tantrum about a hat, that was perfectly fine by the way, ruin the picture that I wanted. I gave him a threat or two, who knows :rolleyes1 and this is the picture I got.

:rotfl2:

So much for getting my picture. I should not have gotten so upset, but I did. It was really important to me to have this picture. While I do plan these trips with the boys in mind there are things I want to do too and I already had to give up pretty much anything I wanted and now I couldn't even have one lousy picture :furious:. I felt like all the little things were starting to pile up and no one was having fun anymore. I think the boys were tired and cranky and I know Joe and I were fed up with the tantrums and fighting. We powered through because I was hoping that if we got on a ride, it would cheer everyone up. We went straight to Peter Pan and it was already about a 15 minute wait. Somewhere along the way James had also gotten cranky, so 20 minutes into our day and every one of us was in a bad mood:rolleyes2. I tried to not let it show, because that was not going to help anything and I just tried to enjoy the new queue for Peter Pan and I took a TON of picture so enjoy.

This is me laughing at James refusing to pose for the picture

Thankfully, I did get Nicholas to sleep while in our pirate ship, so at least we had that going for us:thumbsup2. Up next, Connor had been begging to go on it’s a small world and I grudgingly obliged.

Side note, Connor found this room or whatever in Disney Infinity and loves it so now I get to hear the music at home too:faint:.

Continued Below

After our happy cruise everybody did seem to be in better spirits, so we headed to the Little Mermaid. I think it was a walk on and we were soon in our clam shell. I was annoyed though because the CM made me turn Nicholas around:confused3. I had gone on many rides, one being Finding Nemo also in a clam shell, while Nicholas was asleep and laying on my chest and had yet to be asked to turn him around. Also, I am pretty sure it is safer for him to be facing me because it would be the same principle as in a car where they should be facing the back. Sorry for the rant, but it really irritated me and of course by shuffling him around he woke up, thanks a lot random annoying CM:mad:.

After LM, my bad mood was back as was Nicholas’, I am not sure what our touring plans was but I know that we were already way off course. Knowing that my day was going down the drain, I let the boys decide what to do next, and they chose to see Ariel. The wait wasn’t too bad, maybe 15 minutes.

Connor had a lot of fun talking to her. She asked about pets and he said he had a cat to which she replied, like a catfish and Connor loved that. Ariel is my favorite princess so I was happy with the meet. James was too scared to say hi.

With the new theme of letting the boys choose, the boys picked the carousel next. We passed by Gaston's on the way and since he was not out for a meet we decided to emulate him instead.

We all had fun on the carousel next.

We had breakfast reservations at Be Our Guest next and I was really excited for it.

This was just a few weeks into this new offering and I was looking forward to it. I don't remember why, but we did not pre-order, but after a qquick order we found our seats in the ballroom, my favorite.

First they brought around the pastries, I did not order anything for the two little ones knowing they could just eat the pastries. The pastries consisted of a danish, cinnamon roll, two mini muffins, and chocolate croissant.

The pastries were okay but nothing out of this world. For my dish I got the croissant doughnut, it was filled with custard I believe and topped with bananas, caramel, and chocolate and it was amazing.

This is right up my alley and I would come here just for this, although the price tag is pretty steep for a counter service breakfast. We used dining credit but I think at the time it was 19.99 and if I am not mistaken the price had increased already. Joe got the open faced bacon and egg sandwich and Connor got the French toast, I assume they were got since I heard no complaints.

There was someone who was complaining and that was Nicholas. He was again unhappy, which I can assume was because his nap was too short. I was trying anything to get him to calm down, no amount of food, Mickey, or mommy was good enough for him. As I was trying to calm him down, a CM cleaning the table next to us stopped to ask, very rudely, if he was alright, like I was torturing him or something. I am not sure if she thought asking was going to help, but in that moment I was livid. It is one thing to have a crying baby who you are desperately trying to calm, but then to have someone come up to you and point out that your kid is upset, well it certainly doesn’t help anything. It was kind of like the opposite of the CM from the night before who tried to diffuse the situation. At that point, I was done with the day, I packed up to leave and Joe and the boys followed behind. Joe insisted that we at least use the FPs that we had and Nicholas did calm down once we were outside. For some reason, at that point in his life he was unhappy if you held him and sat, but would he was fine if you were standing:confused3. (Just looking back at this I am realizing how difficult he was and how much he has grown since that time). Our first FP was for Winnie the Pooh. This is one of the boys favorite rides and we did have a good time on it. Winnie is my favorite character so seeing him will always lift my spirits.

I loved this fun hat.

Our next FP was for Buzz.

:rotfl2:I just realized Nicholas can't be seen in either picture. I don't know who he was with :rotfl:

After that, it was around 11 and I felt it would be in everyone’s best interest to go back to the room. My plan had been to hang out at MK all day because we had a FP for the Festival of Fantasy and I was so looking forward to seeing it, it was my number 1 thing I wanted to do this trip. I was planning on relaxing at the Baby Care Center, but I knew even that would just be too much for Nicholas. So, with a heavy heart we left MK for the day. I was pretty upset, not going to lie. I just felt like the whole morning had been horrible. Looking back we did have some fun that morning, but in that moment I was crushed and felt like the last day and a half had been rough. On top of the fact that I felt overall, the two little ones were not handling the trip very well. We took the ferry back to the TTC and I cried:blush:. Now, I am a crier I can’t help it, I cry at tv shows and sad songs, pretty much whatever, so this is not unusual, but I don’t usually do it in public; I was just so sad then. When we got back to the room, everyone took a very long nap and I was just hoping we could all get our of our funk.

This was definitely, the low part of the trip, but I am happy to say it does get better as you will soon see:goodvibes.

Last edited:

Yeah we were defientely beyond the point of no return with them sometimes all you need is some down time and we did not have enough of it this trip. BTW I looked at your countdown and it is identical to mine, yay for May trips.

Wow I had no idea our trips would overlap! Maybe we can bump into each other and say hi!!

Now I am not a very laidback person, but I do try to not force my kids to do unnecessary things, kind of a choosing my battles kind of thing; too scared to meet a character okay, don’t want to smile for a picture fine, pout and miss out on something fun, your loss. However, this is something that was very important to me and I was not about to let his tantrum about a hat, that was perfectly fine by the way, ruin the picture that I wanted. I gave him a threat or two, who knows :rolleyes1 and this is the picture I got.

I feel the same way - I like plans and order but never force the boys to do something. But I would have done the exact same thing. I do think it's a nice family picture even with one grumpy face!!

So much for getting my picture. I should not have gotten so upset, but I did. It was really important to me to have this picture. While I do plan these trips with the boys in mind there are things I want to do too and I already had to give up pretty much anything I wanted and now I couldn't even have one lousy picture :furious:. I felt like all the little things were starting to pile up and no one was having fun anymore. I think the boys were tired and cranky and I know Joe and I were fed up with the tantrums and fighting.

Again, I feel the same way sometimes during our trips. Almost everything I plan, I plan for the boys to have fun. But there are usually a few things that I want just for me and it's hard when those don't happen. It sounds like you reached a true exhaustion point. I'm sorry the morning started out so rough!

I'm glad you had fun on some rides! It was a good idea to let the boys pick - I'm sure that made everyone a little happier. And BOG breakfast does sound yummy! Sorry about the rude CM. It is not at all helpful to have someone point out just how rough a situation is.

So, with a heavy heart we left MK for the day. I was pretty upset, not going to lie. I just felt like the whole morning had been horrible. Looking back we did have some fun that morning, but in that moment I was crushed and felt like the last day and a half had been rough. On top of the fact that I felt overall, the two little ones were not handling the trip very well. We took the ferry back to the TTC and I cried:blush:.

I'm so sorry! :( We spend so much time and energy planning these trips that it's very disappointing when things don't go exactly as we hoped.

I'm glad to hear the day turned around later!

Despite everything is looks like you still had a good morning. I definitely know how it feels when plans take a turn and don't go the way you wanted but we all just have to deal with it and it usually works out I'm the end thankfully.

Glad BOG was good for breakfast. I haven't done breakfast there yet but have done lunch and dinner.

Also glad you had a good Christmas. We did as well and Star Wars is everywhere these days that is for sure.

Our Christmas was full of Star Wars, from toys to clothes, to video I think we own every Star Wars product there is :darth:.
Sounds familiar...

Even though we were not there too early and didn’t have to wait long, but Nicholas was getting antsy and cranky. I think by this point he was just sick of being in a stroller so much. It definitely did nothing but get me cranky, because my nerves were still shot from the night before, so much for taking the night to decompress:guilty:. Luckily, nothing makes me happier than seeing the welcome show and soon we were being welcomed by Scoop Sanderson and my disposition got exponentially sunnier:sunny:.
Blech... not a good omen for the new day. But that Welcome Show always does a good job of setting a good tone and making you happy!

However, this is something that was very important to me and I was not about to let his tantrum about a hat, that was perfectly fine by the way, ruin the picture that I wanted. I gave him a threat or two, who knows :rolleyes1 and this is the picture I got.
You got a picture and a memory! :rotfl2: It turned out well, despite one grumpy boy.

So much for getting my picture. I should not have gotten so upset, but I did. It was really important to me to have this picture. While I do plan these trips with the boys in mind there are things I want to do too and I already had to give up pretty much anything I wanted and now I couldn't even have one lousy picture :furious:. I felt like all the little things were starting to pile up and no one was having fun anymore. I think the boys were tired and cranky and I know Joe and I were fed up with the tantrums and fighting. We powered through because I was hoping that if we got on a ride, it would cheer everyone up. We went straight to Peter Pan and it was already about a 15 minute wait. Somewhere along the way James had also gotten cranky, so 20 minutes into our day and every one of us was in a bad mood:rolleyes2.
Oh no... I really hoped this day would be different.

This is me laughing at James refusing to pose for the picture
Well, you certainly look happy here...

Side note, Connor found this room or whatever in Disney Infinity and loves it so now I get to hear the music at home too:faint:.
Oh boy! Aren't you lucky? :rotfl:

After our happy cruise everybody did seem to be in better spirits, so we headed to the Little Mermaid. I think it was a walk on and we were soon in our clam shell. I was annoyed though because the CM made me turn Nicholas around:confused3. I had gone on many rides, one being Finding Nemo also in a clam shell, while Nicholas was asleep and laying on my chest and had yet to be asked to turn him around. Also, I am pretty sure it is safer for him to be facing me because it would be the same principle as in a car where they should be facing the back. Sorry for the rant, but it really irritated me and of course by shuffling him around he woke up, thanks a lot random annoying CM:mad:.
We had a CM do this to us with DD sleeping on Pooh a few years ago. I didn't get it either, and I questioned them about it. What I was told is that they have to be seated that way so that the little lap bar thing serves as a lap bar to them too.

Connor had a lot of fun talking to her. She asked about pets and he said he had a cat to which she replied, like a catfish and Connor loved that. Ariel is my favorite princess so I was happy with the meet. James was too scared to say hi.
I like the photobomb, almost meeting her, picture though! :rotfl2:

We all had fun on the carousel next.
I see smiles. That's good!

At that point, I was done with the day, I packed up to leave and Joe and the boys followed behind. Joe insisted that we at least use the FPs that we had and Nicholas did calm down once we were outside. For some reason, at that point in his life he was unhappy if you held him and sat, but would he was fine if you were standing:confused3.
Ugh... I feel your pain. We went through this phase with DS. My niece is actually exactly the same way. When she gets tired she is just grumpy and whiny. You can't sit and rock her either... gotta walk around till she crashes.

:rotfl2:I just realized Nicholas can't be seen in either picture. I don't know who he was with :rotfl:
Maybe you just had enough by this point and left him in jail with Zurg while you rode?

After that, it was around 11 and I felt it would be in everyone’s best interest to go back to the room. My plan had been to hang out at MK all day because we had a FP for the Festival of Fantasy and I was so looking forward to seeing it, it was my number 1 thing I wanted to do this trip. I was planning on relaxing at the Baby Care Center, but I knew even that would just be too much for Nicholas. So, with a heavy heart we left MK for the day. I was pretty upset, not going to lie. I just felt like the whole morning had been horrible. Looking back we did have some fun that morning, but in that moment I was crushed and felt like the last day and a half had been rough. On top of the fact that I felt overall, the two little ones were not handling the trip very well. We took the ferry back to the TTC and I cried:blush:. Now, I am a crier I can’t help it, I cry at tv shows and sad songs, pretty much whatever, so this is not unusual, but I don’t usually do it in public; I was just so sad then. When we got back to the room, everyone took a very long nap and I was just hoping we could all get our of our funk.

This was definitely, the low part of the trip, but I am happy to say it does get better as you will soon see:goodvibes.
I'm so sorry. This just stinks. Never fun to get so upset like that, but especially not at Disney World. I am glad to see that this was the low point and things would get better.

So much for getting my picture. I should not have gotten so upset, but I did. It was really important to me to have this picture. While I do plan these trips with the boys in mind there are things I want to do too and I already had to give up pretty much anything I wanted and now I couldn't even have one lousy picture :furious:.
I probably would have done the same thing in that situation.

Somewhere along the way James had also gotten cranky, so 20 minutes into our day and every one of us was in a bad mood:rolleyes2.
Yikes!

Thankfully, I did get Nicholas to sleep while in our pirate ship, so at least we had that going for us:thumbsup2.
:yay:

:rotfl2::thumbsup2

Sorry for the rant, but it really irritated me and of course by shuffling him around he woke up, thanks a lot random annoying CM:mad:.
I agree.

I don't remember why, but we did not pre-order
If I recall correctly it opened up so close to our trips that there weren't enough reviews out to make a decision.

I think with you because if you look close you see a sliver of a small hand reaching for the spinner. :rotfl2:

My plan had been to hang out at MK all day because we had a FP for the Festival of Fantasy and I was so looking forward to seeing it, it was my number 1 thing I wanted to do this trip. I was planning on relaxing at the Baby Care Center, but I knew even that would just be too much for Nicholas. So, with a heavy heart we left MK for the day. I was pretty upset, not going to lie. I just felt like the whole morning had been horrible.
While I'm still bummed we didn't get to meet up, I now see why we didn't get our dismeet. And really, I can't say I blame you. Sounds like the go go go was getting to everyone. I'm glad you are going to get an adult only trip. And when the kids ask why they aren't going with you then you can remind them what happened on this trip. It will give a level of seriousness to the threat next time you want to use the "I'll just leave you at home next time if this behavior continues." :thumbsup2

:cheer2: Yay for things improving after a good rest. :thumbsup2

For a moment here, I was like, "Wait, she doesn't have a baby girl!" :confused3 :rotfl2:

While I do plan these trips with the boys in mind there are things I want to do too and I already had to give up pretty much anything I wanted and now I couldn't even have one lousy picture :furious:. I felt like all the little things were starting to pile up and no one was having fun anymore. I think the boys were tired and cranky and I know Joe and I were fed up with the tantrums and fighting.
Sorry, not a good feeling at all. :hug:

For my dish I got the croissant doughnut, it was filled with custard I believe and topped with bananas, caramel, and chocolate and it was amazing.

That sounds delicious!

I am not sure if she thought asking was going to help, but in that moment I was livid. It is one thing to have a crying baby who you are desperately trying to calm, but then to have someone come up to you and point out that your kid is upset, well it certainly doesn’t help anything.
How annoying! Sorry that happened. :headache:

So, with a heavy heart we left MK for the day. I was pretty upset, not going to lie. I just felt like the whole morning had been horrible. Looking back we did have some fun that morning, but in that moment I was crushed and felt like the last day and a half had been rough. On top of the fact that I felt overall, the two little ones were not handling the trip very well. We took the ferry back to the TTC and I cried:blush:.
What a difficult time of the trip! :hug: I'm glad to hear it gets better, though!

Wow I had no idea our trips would overlap! Maybe we can bump into each other and say hi!!
I feel a DISmeet coming :goodvibes

I feel the same way - I like plans and order but never force the boys to do something. But I would have done the exact same thing. I do think it's a nice family picture even with one grumpy face!!
:rotfl2:Its times like this I wish I could use Photoshop to swap out the face

Again, I feel the same way sometimes during our trips. Almost everything I plan, I plan for the boys to have fun. But there are usually a few things that I want just for me and it's hard when those don't happen. It sounds like you reached a true exhaustion point. I'm sorry the morning started out so rough!
Yeah, but it gave me the justification I needed for an adult only trip ;)

I'm glad you had fun on some rides! It was a good idea to let the boys pick - I'm sure that made everyone a little happier. And BOG breakfast does sound yummy! Sorry about the rude CM. It is not at all helpful to have someone point out just how rough a situation is.
Yeah, I feel like we got the most out of the day that we could have.

I'm so sorry! :( We spend so much time and energy planning these trips that it's very disappointing when things don't go exactly as we hoped.
Very true, why can't the kids just behave like we expect them too :rotfl:

I'm glad to hear the day turned around later!
You and me both, it was a great evening

Despite everything is looks like you still had a good morning. I definitely know how it feels when plans take a turn and don't go the way you wanted but we all just have to deal with it and it usually works out I'm the end thankfully.
You are right about that, our laid back evening was much better than more forced time at the parks.

Glad BOG was good for breakfast. I haven't done breakfast there yet but have done lunch and dinner.
Oh it was so yummy.

Also glad you had a good Christmas. We did as well and Star Wars is everywhere these days that is for sure.
:darth: I foresee the next few years will be like this

Sounds familiar...
You too??? Welcome to the Star Wars Renaissance I supposed

Blech... not a good omen for the new day. But that Welcome Show always does a good job of setting a good tone and making you happy!
It does make me happy, I love that show.
You got a picture and a memory! :rotfl2: It turned out well, despite one grumpy boy.
I think that it is what is most annoying about the picture, it is sooo good minus Connor's stink face.

Oh no... I really hoped this day would be different.
Me too :(

Well, you certainly look happy here...
Sometimes when that boys is being utterly ridiculous, the only thing to do is laugh.

Oh boy! Aren't you lucky? :rotfl:
He even insisted in me stopping work to come see it :sad2:

We had a CM do this to us with DD sleeping on Pooh a few years ago. I didn't get it either, and I questioned them about it. What I was told is that they have to be seated that way so that the little lap bar thing serves as a lap bar to them too.
Darn, now I can't even be mad about it.

I like the photobomb, almost meeting her, picture though! :rotfl2:
:rotfl:I love that Joe just inserted himself in there

I see smiles. That's good!

Ugh... I feel your pain. We went through this phase with DS. My niece is actually exactly the same way. When she gets tired she is just grumpy and whiny. You can't sit and rock her either... gotta walk around till she crashes.
It was so frustrating, makes me want to pull my hair out. Thankfully, that stage is over now.

Maybe you just had enough by this point and left him in jail with Zurg while you rode?
Lol wish I had though of that
I think with you because if you look close you see a sliver of a small hand reaching for the spinner. :rotfl2:
:rotfl:I'll take your word for it, I still can't see him anywhere

While I'm still bummed we didn't get to meet up, I now see why we didn't get our dismeet. And really, I can't say I blame you. Sounds like the go go go was getting to everyone. I'm glad you are going to get an adult only trip. And when the kids ask why they aren't going with you then you can remind them what happened on this trip. It will give a level of seriousness to the threat next time you want to use the "I'll just leave you at home next time if this behavior continues." :thumbsup2
I was super bummed about missing out on the DISmeet and yes this is a prime reason we are taking our adult only trip.

:cheer2: Yay for things improving after a good rest. :thumbsup2
It was just what we needed.

For a moment here, I was like, "Wait, she doesn't have a baby girl!" :confused3 :rotfl2:
:rotfl: No he's all boy, but he does look darn cute in those Minnie ears

That sounds delicious!
It was so yummy.

What a difficult time of the trip! :hug: I'm glad to hear it gets better, though!
Thanks, I was thinking we were done at that point so for us to get a pick me up was just what we needed.

I hope everyone is off to a great 2016.

Day 6: Part 2
Remember that Time...

We woke up around 3 and we starving. I ran to OPR to get something to eat for us. I didn’t want to eat too much since we had dinner in a couple hours, but we need something until then. I got pizza and we all ate and watching Mickey cartoons, it was very nice and relaxing. Our dinner reservation for this night was at Ohana. I was super excited to try this place out. We had a reservation on our last trip, but cancel because it did not fit our plans. I have been kicking myself since then and was anxious to finally get to try the famous bread pudding. We drove over to the Poly and got there a little before 5. Last time I was here it was all walls, but the lobby opened a few weeks prior so I got to check that out.

sorry for the random HUGE pictures

We checked in and the boys sat down to wait, I on the other hand was ready for a Lapu Lapu. Not even a minute after I ordered my drink and our pager was going off.

We got seated near the window which was nice because we had a great view of the castle.

This was delicious and just what I needed after this day.

I was a little apprehensive about the service because I know it can be hit or miss, but our cousin was fantastic, very attentive and friendly. She brought the boys mac and cheese and chicken tenders. Joe and I had the standard fare. I did not get any pictures because we were having too much fun enjoying the food. Everything was on point and delicious. Joe declared this as his favorite Disney restaurant and asked we come back every time. The boys actually behaved the entire time and had so much fun listening to the entertainer and saying Aloha over and over.

Connor did the coconut race and loved it.

He also went up when asked if he was celebrating his birthday. Finally, the
pièce de résistance, the bread pudding.

It was amazing, just as I had hoped. We had a great time and this meal finally put us back on track as a family. We all had fun and enjoyed ourselves. This will definitely be somewhere we go back to.

With our bellies full and our spirits high we drove back to CBR for some pool time. Connor had been begging all week to spend more time in the pool and I figured we would have a better time with the boys in the pool than if we dragged them back out to the parks.

I took James and Nicholas into the splash area and Connor and Joe went into the big pool.

The had so much fun going on the slides over and over again. After we had our fill of swimming, we found a spot where I thought we would be able to view the Illuminations fireworks. We found a quiet outdoor seating area near the entrance to Shutters, the TS restaurant here, and waited for the show. The boys were asking for ice cream so I went in to get some for everyone. When I went inside, it was from a different way than normal and I actually passed by Shutters. When my parents took my brother and I to WDW in 2001 for our only family trip, we were supposed to eat at Shutters our last night and then go see Illuminations. When we sat down to order, my brother started puking and the poor waiter was closest to him and caught it in his hands:crazy2:. It was super embarrassing, but something we like to tease my brother about. When I walked past Shutters, I got this vivid flashback and took a picture and sent it to my brother which said remember that time you threw up at Disney :rotfl2:.

Back in the half booth by the window was where we sat

Sorry for the digression, just had to share.

When I got back from my side trip Joe and the boys were laughing hysterically, I guess James has found a sand bucket from the kids meals and wore it as a hat. As soon as I tried to take a picture of this he freaked out though.

I did get a good one eventually

Soon enough it was time for Illuminations and we all sat there and enjoyed the fireworks we could see and our ice cream.

Once the fireworks were over, we headed back to the room. On the way to the car, Connor was trailing behind us and suddenly we hear him fall and start to cry. He was wearing flip flops and the toe caught the sidewalk wrong and he tripped. He got a big cut on his face and he was pretty upset.

After Connor’s spill we got everyone ready for bed.

We had a big day the next day. It was the day, I think, everyone was most looking forward to. Overall, the evening was the best we had the whole time that week. We just were together as a family and enjoying being together. It wasn’t about running off to the next ride or keeping to a schedule. Next time I plan a trip, this is the memory I will carry with me to make sure I don’t wear out my kids.

Last edited:
Great video! I always watch people's videos on YouTube as well and this next trip I plan on finally making my own.

Looks like you had a great day despite Connors spill.

Overall, the evening was the best we had the whole time that week. We just were together as a family and enjoying being together. It wasn’t about running off to the next ride or keeping to a schedule. Next time I plan a trip, this is the memory I will carry with me to make sure I don’t wear out my kids.
I have learned myself to never underestimate the power of a rest day. By the way, don't make the mistake that I did in 2013. Rest days and time is still needed even on adult only trips. Its not just the kids that get worn out and its easy to forget that.

So glad that a day of rest helped!

Great video! I always watch people's videos on YouTube as well and this next trip I plan on finally making my own.
:thanks: Be sure to post it when you make yours

Looks like you had a great day despite Connors spill.
We were able to turn it around and thankfully Connor forgot all about his tumble the next day.

I have learned myself to never underestimate the power of a rest day. By the way, don't make the mistake that I did in 2013. Rest days and time is still needed even on adult only trips. Its not just the kids that get worn out and its easy to forget that.

So glad that a day of rest helped!
You know, I have been thinking about this, but with so much to do and only 5 full days I don't want to "waste" a day. I have kept my midday breaks for the most part though so at least we will have some down time.

So glad you had a wonderful evening! I can't wait to get back to 'Ohana!
Yum, me too we're going our second day there next time.

All caught up! I'm glad after a rough couple of days things are starting to come together. :thumbsup2

You look like one happy Mama there!! :rotfl2:

She brought the boys mac and cheese and chicken tenders. Joe and I had the standard fare.

That's really good to know that they had "kids" options. I think the boys will like the steak but aren't going to be big fans of the sides so I'm glad they have other options. We have an ADR here in May and I'm really excited!!

When my parents took my brother and I to WDW in 2001 for our only family trip, we were supposed to eat at Shutters our last night and then go see Illuminations. When we sat down to order, my brother started puking and the poor waiter was closest to him and caught it in his hands:crazy2:. It was super embarrassing, but something we like to tease my brother about. When I walked past Shutters, I got this vivid flashback and took a picture and sent it to my brother which said remember that time you threw up at Disney :rotfl2:.

Oh no! Not a fun moment at the time but perfect for teasing him about later!

Soon enough it was time for Illuminations and we all sat there and enjoyed the fireworks we could see and our ice cream.

That sounds like a perfect end to the night! And what a great view of Illuminations!

On the way to the car, Connor was trailing behind us and suddenly we hear him fall and start to cry. He was wearing flip flops and the toe caught the sidewalk wrong and he tripped. He got a big cut on his face and he was pretty upset.

Poor guy! At least he got a cool Lightning McQueen band aid out of the whole deal!

IMG_6291%20300x400_zpst9kwhjxe.jpg

Too cute!

Overall, the evening was the best we had the whole time that week. We just were together as a family and enjoying being together. It wasn’t about running off to the next ride or keeping to a schedule. Next time I plan a trip, this is the memory I will carry with me to make sure I don’t wear out my kids.

It sounds like a really relaxing night and just what everyone needed. I'm glad it was such a nice memory! We're planning a "resort day" in May for this - just swimming and exploring the resort and time to rest!

Well things are certainly looking better now! I'm glad you had such a nice dinner with well behaved boys. And, of course, a nice Lapu Lapu.

It really looks like a great evening aside from the little stumble. I'm really glad it went so well, because you were due for some good luck.

All caught up! I'm glad after a rough couple of days things are starting to come together. :thumbsup2
Thanks, it felt like a miracle to be on the upswing again.

You look like one happy Mama there!! :rotfl2:
For sure it was yummy.

That's really good to know that they had "kids" options. I think the boys will like the steak but aren't going to be big fans of the sides so I'm glad they have other options. We have an ADR here in May and I'm really excited!!
Yeah, it was great they even had a kids dessert , but I don't remember what it was.

Oh no! Not a fun moment at the time but perfect for teasing him about later!
Its a big sister job to tease their brother, right?

That sounds like a perfect end to the night! And what a great view of Illuminations!
I was surprised how it good it was actually.

Poor guy! At least he got a cool Lightning McQueen band aid out of the whole deal!
He soldiered on.

It sounds like a really relaxing night and just what everyone needed. I'm glad it was such a nice memory! We're planning a "resort day" in May for this - just swimming and exploring the resort and time to rest!
It is must from now on for us to have some downtime other than our midday break. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did.

[/QUOTE]Well things are certainly looking better now! I'm glad you had such a nice dinner with well behaved boys. And, of course, a nice Lapu Lapu.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the Lapu Lapu is why I thought they were so well behaved :rotfl2:

[/QUOTE]It really looks like a great evening aside from the little stumble. I'm really glad it went so well, because you were due for some good luck.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I did feel we were do for some good times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter