I don’t *like* food; I Love it – A Solo August 2015 Dining Report - 10/20 COMPLETE

And thank you! V&A is something you should try once! And now, I want to go to your brother's place. But it will probably be years and I'll be in a wheelchair before I get back to LA.

Well if you're ever in LA let me know and I'll make sure my brother takes care of you food wise!

I'm SOOOOO LATE!!!! But I'm all caught up! I love reading solo reports, and I love food, so solo dining reports are always most interesting to me! I just love the way you did a score card for each place... How efficient! It sounds like a delicious trip. Now I'm off to start trying to catch up on your TR for this trip, as well as your PTR for the next one! :cutie:

Thanks for joining in (on all three -I'm impressed!). It was definitely a delicious trip overall and resulted in like 3kgs (5 or so pounds) being gained but they were worth it!

Thanks again for the wonderful reporting and sharing your experiences in LA.

You're welcome and thanks for reading along!

The Inaugural SnowWhiteOZ Food Award (or the wrap up)

So we’re finally at the end of this dining report and I wanted to do a bit of a wrap up/summary and thought it might be a bit of fun to do it in an awards ceremony style. So put on your evening gowns and tuxedos and cross your fingers for your favourites as the shows about to start.

Our first award goes to the best quick service/counter service location and the nominees are:
· Columbia Harbour House
· Golden Oak Outpost
· Everything Pop
· Landscape of Flavors
· Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
· Earl of Sandwich

And the winner is:

Golden Oak.jpg

This evening’s next award goes to the best table service location and the nominees are:
· 50’s Prime Time Café
· Cinderella’s Royal Table
· Be Our Guest (Dinner)
· Beaches and Cream

And the winner is:

CRT.jpg

Our next award is for the best character meal and the nominees are:
· Tusker House
· Be Our Guest (dinner)

And the winner is:

CRT.jpg

The next category is the best adult beverage award and the nominees are:
· Coconut-Lychee Lemonde, Drinkwallah
· Schöfferhofer Pink Grapefruit Beer, Biergarten
· Magical Star Cocktail, Tune-in Lounge

And the winner is:

Coconut.jpg

We’re now moving into the snack based awards and first up is the best snack award and the nominees are:
· King Cupcake, Everything Pop
· Pink Donut, Lard Lad Donuts
· Carrot Cake Cookie, Sweet Spells
· Mickey Ear Brownie, Zuri’s Sweets Shop

And the winner is:

King Cupcake.jpg

Our next snack based award is best ice-cream and the nominees are:
· Dole Whip, Aloha Isle
· Mickey Bar, Magic Kingdom
· Caramel Fleur De Sel – L’Artisans de Glace
· Salted Caramel Blondie – Florean Fortescues, Universal Studios

And the winner is:

Florean.jpg

Our next categories move away from the food and into the location and people. First up is the best atmosphere award and the nominees are:
· Biergarten
· 50’s Prime Time Café
· The Leaky Cauldron

And the winner is:

Biergarten.jpg

Our last award in this category is the best service award and the nominees are:
· Tusker House
· 50’s Prime Time Café
· Biergarten

And the winner is:

50s.jpg

Our penultimate award is the one that nobody wants to win – the Razzie of food reviews if you will, and that’s the Poor Unfortunate Souls Award for Worst Meal and the nominees are:
· Everything Pop
· Be Our Guest (Dinner)
· Zuri’s Sweets Shop

And the winner (or loser) is:

EP & BOG.jpg

And now for the award that everyone has been waiting for, our overall winner who receives the prestigious Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Award and the nominees are:
· Sweet Spells
· Beaches and Cream
· Florean Fortescues
· Aloha Isle

And the award goes to:

CRT.jpg

Congratulations to all our winners and now to finish this awards show in the traditional style I’ll leave you with a little song and dance number.

Now What?

And that’s a wrap on this dining report. Thank you all for following along and sharing your experiences along the way. Writing this report has been a way for me to keep the Disney magic alive while being stuck back at work in a cubicle here in Australia. The closer I got to the end of this report the more and more depressed I was getting at thinking this would be my only trip to Disneyworld. So what’s a girl to do? Well I’ve thrown caution to the wind and booked another trip for October next year. This time it will be much longer including 10 days at Disneyworld and a Disney cruise for good measure so until I start what will surely be a mega dining report for that trip (you can follow along with the planning here - I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR) thanks for joining in and see you next time!

Now What?

And that’s a wrap on this dining report. Thank you all for following along and sharing your experiences along the way. Writing this report has been a way for me to keep the Disney magic alive while being stuck back at work in a cubicle here in Australia. The closer I got to the end of this report the more and more depressed I was getting at thinking this would be my only trip to Disneyworld. So what’s a girl to do? Well I’ve thrown caution to the wind and booked another trip for October next year. This time it will be much longer including 10 days at Disneyworld and a Disney cruise for good measure so until I start what will surely be a mega dining report for that trip (you can follow along with the planning here - I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR) thanks for joining in and see you next time!
I agree with the PP, you did an incredible job with your wrap up! The award envelopes. Just so cute & imaginative. Kudos to you! Really enjoyed your report. And the King Cupcake is still the King! Have fun planning your next trip. Planning is at least half the fun of a WDW vacation. Sometimes it can almost be as much fun as actually getting there:-)

I agree with the PP, you did an incredible job with your wrap up! The award envelopes. Just so cute & imaginative. Kudos to you! Really enjoyed your report. And the King Cupcake is still the King! Have fun planning your next trip. Planning is at least half the fun of a WDW vacation. Sometimes it can almost be as much fun as actually getting there:-)

Thank you for the feedback and for following along - I really appreciate the nice things people have been saying (even if they do give me a big head :laughing:).

Finally all caught up!
This has been a pleasure to read. Cute and imaginative ratings system, a well detailed dining report, and a ceremonious ending (especially loved the "song and dance number", that song always makes me laugh).
Also this has been very helpful as I am planning my dining options for my May 2016 trip.

you only live ONCE!

::yes::

Finally all caught up!
This has been a pleasure to read. Cute and imaginative ratings system, a well detailed dining report, and a ceremonious ending (especially loved the "song and dance number", that song always makes me laugh).
Also this has been very helpful as I am planning my dining options for my May 2016 trip.

Thank you. I hope you have a delicious trip in May and that we can read all about your dining adventures when you get back!

So cute, loved your wrap up!

Thank you.

Thanks for taking the time to write this awesome trip report. I loved your score cards. So planned out. Tons of fabulous pics. The waffle fries will be on my to eat list in April.

Looooooooooooved your dining report!!! Your style is so engaging, it's awesome. Can't wait for next year's report!!! Yum! :cutie:

What a wonderful report! Thank you so much for sharing! Made my day of sitting in my sad cube a much better one!!:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter