I didn't think it was abig deal, you only choked once!! Update 9/18 final thoughts

Around 9:45 I realized I hadn't been sick in about an hour and a half. I also realized I'd been sick once for each of those horrible little shirmp I had made the mistake of consuming. Anyway, I slowly got up and showered and dressed.

When I was ready I grabbed a towel, just in case :rolleyes1, and headed to the bus stop.

Before too long a bus arrived and I was on my wait to meet up with my family.
I have to say that the walk from Epcot's entrance to the spot between Canada and the UK, where the event was being held, seemed to go on forever. I had been afraid to eat or drink anything and with the heat I was feeling pretty dehydrated by the time I found Dale and Caitlin. I ended up getting to them with about 10 minutes to spare :thumbsup2

Once they opened the gates, there was a display area with posters like these
DISNEYday8215.jpg

DISNEYday8234.jpg

which all told of Pixar's history.

When we got inside the first thing we came across was Sunnyside Daycare and two of it's former residents.
DISNEYday8217.jpg

After we we scolded Lotso we ran into a couple fellas from Monstropolis. Sully can be a little intimidating at first
DISNEYday8219.jpg

But we soon were over our fear and our smiles returned
DISNEYday8221.jpg

After our meet and greet another monster came out. This one is more rare
DISNEYday8222.jpg

DISNEYday8225.jpg

And he even had that darn sock still stuck to his back (upper left hand corner)
DISNEYday8038.jpg

Then this guy came out.

DISNEYday8039.jpg

DISNEYday8229.jpg

We were kind of bummed we were no longer in that line but we were in line to meet my favorite Disney dog. DUG!!! If you've read our reports before you know that Dug reminds me of our dog Riley (an irish setter/afghan mix) who we rescued from the shelter 2 years ago.
Who couldn't love this face?!
DISNEYday8231.jpg

Dug had brought along Carl and the house!
DISNEYday8232.jpg

Dug was really playful and we had a great time at that meet and greet!

When we left the event's indoor location we headed over to France for another rare character meet. While we waited Marie passed by us
DISNEYday8241.jpg

Before long our wait was over and Caitlin got to meet that world re-knowned chef......REMY! Remy's brother Emile came along too!
DISNEYday8251.jpg

We bid our new friends "Adieu" and headed to Japan for our lunch adr. Yep, we had an adr at Teppan Edo. Now I still was nervous about getting sick again so I was afraid to eat but I knew I needed something so I didn't dehydrate. I ordered a Sprite, while Dale got a beer and Caitlin stuck with water.

DISNEYday8044.jpg

Our chef was adorable and highly entertaining.
DISNEYday8046.jpg

DISNEYday8047.jpg

DISNEYday8050.jpg

DISNEYday8053.jpg

DISNEYday8054.jpg

I ended up deciding to just have rice while my family decided to have.....can you believe this?????? SHRIMP! :eek: Yes, imagine my dismay at having to look at those evil little guys!

If you're familiar with TE you know that you are seated with other people. Well the couple we were next to were D23 Scavenger Hunt dropouts. They had started the competition and quit because it was too hard. They asked where we were staying and then proceeded to tell us it was "the worst DVC" . They explained that they were owners (inherited from her dad) and that basically we'd made a bad choice. Charming dining companions because everyone wants to be told they chose the worst anything :rolleyes:

After we ate we decided to go back to the Pixar event (it was air conditioned afterall!) and see if we could find any more characters.

As luck would have it we were able to meet up with the Monsters we'd missed earlier
DISNEYday8260.jpg

It was then time to head back to SSR because the Magical Express was supposed to pick us up in 1 hour. It was late. It ended up arriving half an hour late. (So next time you're complaining about how early it picks you up remember you may need that cushion sometime!)

Since the bus was late picking up several families they ended up cramming us all onto one bus. It was jam packed! I was so glad that it isn't a long ride.

We got to the airport with time to spare and two and half hours after boarding we were home and the next day we began dreaming of our return in August!

I'll end here and within the next few days we'll share our final thoughts and the link for our newest TR! Thanks for reading!!

So glad to hear you felt some better at least. I' glad you and Caitlin got to see the rare Monsters, they are cute.

I am so ready to hear all about the latest trip. I was able to follow on FB so I know some things, but I want to hear EVERYTHING!

So glad to hear you felt some better at least. I' glad you and Caitlin got to see the rare Monsters, they are cute.

I am so ready to hear all about the latest trip. I was able to follow on FB so I know some things, but I want to hear EVERYTHING!

Thank you! I was so thankful I didn't get sick anymore!

The Pixar event wasn't quite as cool as we'd imagined but it's always fun to meet new characters.

We can't wait to share our next TR! So glad you'll be joining us :goodvibes

Dawn - You poor thing! I felt so sorry for you - nothing worse than a "seafood" illness. Glad to see you still got to enjoy your last dayl

Enjoyed your trip report. It looks like you all have so much fun together! looking forward to reading your next one.

Wow, the worst DVC?! Nice of those people to say that. I honestly don't think there is a bad DVC resort. :confused3

How lucky of you guys to be there for the Pixar Weekend. You sure got to meet a lot of rare characters! :thumbsup2

Caitlinsfamousbillboard003.jpg

So we were definitely geeked when we saw it! Thanks for letting me share! :goodvibes

This is awesome!!! :thumbsup2

disneyday7542-1.jpg

If you are a fan of MEK's TRs the dreaded D hit full on. One of us would not be attending our Epcot morning.....

Ohhhhhh NOOOOO! Been there in Disney as well. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

If you're familiar with TE you know that you are seated with other people. Well the couple we were next to were D23 Scavenger Hunt dropouts. They had started the competition and quit because it was too hard. They asked where we were staying and then proceeded to tell us it was "the worst DVC" . They explained that they were owners (inherited from her dad) and that basically we'd made a bad choice. Charming dining companions because everyone wants to be told they chose the worst anything :rolleyes:

So glad you started to feel better Dawn! Love the Pixar pictures! And how awful for them to tell you it was the worst DVC! And what in the world? It's all a matter of opinion! I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut if I were at a meal with her...:laughing:

Sounds like it was a great way to end the trip. Looking forward to the next one!

Enjoyed your trip report. It looks like you all have so much fun together! looking forward to reading your next one.

Thank you! We really are close and we have a lot of fun together so I feel blessed :) We can hardly wait to start telling you about it! :yay:

Wow, the worst DVC?! Nice of those people to say that. I honestly don't think there is a bad DVC resort. :confused3

How lucky of you guys to be there for the Pixar Weekend. You sure got to meet a lot of rare characters! :thumbsup2

We really liked SSR and I agree that there isn't a bad DVC!

There were even more Pixar characters and things going on but we didn't have time to see it all. We enjoyed what we saw though!

This is awesome!!! :thumbsup2

We're all really proud of that! Thank you!

Ohhhhhh NOOOOO! Been there in Disney as well. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Aww I'm sorry! Being sick at Disney is the worst! There is too much going on!

So glad you started to feel better Dawn! Love the Pixar pictures! And how awful for them to tell you it was the worst DVC! And what in the world? It's all a matter of opinion! I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut if I were at a meal with her...:laughing:

Sounds like it was a great way to end the trip. Looking forward to the next one!

Thank you! If I had been feeling better there may have been a heated discussion at our table :laughing: Since I didn't have the energy I just tried to tune them out.

Thanks! We're looking forward to sharing it! :)

When I was ready I grabbed a towel, just in case :rolleyes1, and headed to the bus stop.

A towel? How odd! Please explain in detail why you brought it.

Just kidding. ;)

When we got inside the first thing we came across was Sunnyside Daycare and two of it's former residents.
DISNEYday8217.jpg

Whoa, Lotso! Trust me when I tell ya, you don't wanna squeeze this one's tummy too much. :rotfl:

After we we scolded Lotso we ran into a couple fellas from Monstropolis. Sully can be a little intimidating at first
DISNEYday8219.jpg

Wow Dawn! Looks like you had the **** scared out of you! Ooops! Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. :rolleyes1

I ended up deciding to just have rice while my family decided to have.....can you believe this?????? SHRIMP! :eek: Yes, imagine my dismay at having to look at those evil little guys!

:lmao: That's about the funniest thing I've read!

Charming dining companions because everyone wants to be told they chose the worst anything :rolleyes:

Ugh. For some people, it seems their motto is, "We're not happy until you're not happy."

I'll end here and within the next few days we'll share our final thoughts and the link for our newest TR! Thanks for reading!!

:sad: about this TR ending, but :cool1: for the next one! :goodvibes

A towel? How odd! Please explain in detail why you brought it.

Just kidding. ;)

:lmao:

Whoa, Lotso! Trust me when I tell ya, you don't wanna squeeze this one's tummy too much. :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Wow Dawn! Looks like you had the **** scared out of you! Ooops! Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. :rolleyes1

Good one :thumbsup2

:lmao: That's about the funniest thing I've read!

Really, what were they thinking :confused3

Ugh. For some people, it seems their motto is, "We're not happy until you're not happy."

So true

:sad: about this TR ending, but :cool1: for the next one! :goodvibes

Thank you! Hope to see you over there! :goodvibes

Final Thoughts

Yes we have finally reached the end of this very long trip. It was fun and very different from past trips and we learned a lot! We participated in the Everest 5k and while my mom is happy she did it, she won't be doing it again. The set up was very disorganized and it was nothing like the first race I was in. I might do another race if a future trip overlaps with one but I won't be going out of my way to do one. We also learned that the laid back August touring plan does not work in May. The chaos with the tickets also left a bad taste in our mouths when it came to the race. It ended up being a lot of trouble and wasn't worth it. We missed out on a bit because we had enjoyed our pool time but with the heavier crowds it just doesn't work out. We also learned never eat shrimp at House of Blues!

Our resorts were great! We both loved All Star Sports and as far as values go it is right behind Pop Century. All of us loved Saratoga Springs and although it was a walk to the main building the area was beautiful and serene.

We had great DISmeets and loved meeting our internet friends!

Overall it was a great trip and one that will be remembered!

Now onto August a trip that will never be topped!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42671215#post42671215

Great TR, really enjoyed it! And Yayyyyy!!! You already started the new one. Looking forward to it.

I like your last update with all of the pixar characters - they're all really rare and really cute! :)
I will definitely be heading over to your new TR - can't wait ! :yay:

I'm glad you felt better, Dawn!

That Pixar event looks like SO much fun!!! I want to meet Remy SO badly. Maybe for the 50th anniversary. :laughing:

Yum. I LOVE Teppan Edo. I'm sorry your dining companions were less than cheerful. Oh well. Picky people are so annoying.

Jumping over to your next TR!!! :woohoo:

Glad that you felt better enough not to miss PIXAR Weekend. Looks like you guys meet some awesome characters. I've never seen Mr. Potato Head and those other monsters outside of the parades.

Looking forward to the next report. Sounds like a good one to say the least.

Sounds like you guys had a blast (save for the icky sickies at the end).
Can't wait to read your next TR.
Now if I could only catch up with mine as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter