I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

OK, so I'm getting in my answers for the contest and will hopefully be back to comment on the update soon.

1. You’ve seen what we did on Monday. Can you guess how many steps I had?

2. What animal will photobomb and scare DD at Sea World? (25 points)

Dolphin

3. What was DD’s favorite part of Sea World? (25 points)

The Sea Carousel

4. Something happened at Sea World that caused the sea lion show to be stopped. What was it? (25 points)

Thunder and Lightning

5. Tuesday was my big day at the conference with a meeting that could potentially be all day long. What time did I finally get finished up with my meeting and get back to the hotel? (10 points)

A) 4:00 B) 4:30 C) 5:00 D) 5:30 E) 6:00

A) 4:00

6. Did I manage to stay awake for the entire meeting? (10 points)

No

We’d discussed the possibility of going to Disney World that afternoon the evening before, but still hadn’t decided for sure and were talking it over as we ate.

OH C'mon. Who are you fooling. You're going to Disney!

In the end though, the call of Disney World won out. We knew that only having 3 days at the parks would really rush us to get through all we wanted to do.

See!

DD wanted to ride the monorail, but it wasn’t running. She didn’t quite think that was an acceptable response, but we headed for the ferry anyway.

Good way to teach kids a life lesson. Things don't always work out the way you want.

When we got back, we didn’t have to wait long before the parade began.

That's nice!

Within a matter of minutes another boat was backed up to us and tossed us a line and we were soon on our way.

So you had to be towed back to the dock? :lmao:

CM’s were handing out paper FP’s that were good for a select list of attractions in MK.

Well that was nice of them.

She would also refuse to ever let me take her, which I have to admit, isn't all that bad. :rolleyes1

Doesn't sound all that bad to me.

After that, DD and I rode Barnstormer twice standby and then rode Dumbo with our FP+.

That's one big grin for such a little girl!

It was getting close to 6 pm, so we decided we should head towards Main Street. We made a quick stop by Gaston’s Tavern so that I could get a cinnamon roll to take with us to have for breakfast in the morning.

I'll have to remember that. Fran is a big fan of cinnamon rolls.

When DW got back with her chili dog, I went to get some corn dog nuggets and fries for DD and me. I wanted to make sure we had plenty, so I got 2 orders of corn dog nuggets. And yes, I ate most of them myself.

And I’d do it again.

Ahhhh, to be young and have a healthy appetite. I wish I could even finish one order of corn dog nuggets.

On a side note, I ended up getting my butt stuck to the sidewalk by the end of the parade because there were tiny broken pieces of sucker everywhere that turned my shorts into a sticky mess.

I hope you brought more than one pair!

She drove right off the curb about 5 feet shy of the cutout to the street.

There was some definite airtime!

The scooter landed hard leaning to the left and just kind of hung there. It was like it was in slow motion.

That's a total rookie move! Anyone who knows anything about scooter riding knows where all the "downs" are in the MK. That's why it's good not to have to rent, you never know what's happened to that poor scooter.

I think I impressed DW with my Disney knowledge when I headed for the resort monorail and we jumped right into a waiting monorail. 2 stops later, we were getting off at the TTC

Hmmmm.....I thought that was an easy fix for the busy monorail situation....Well good job impressing the wifey!

1. You’ve seen what we did on Monday. Can you guess how many steps I had? 14,600
2. What animal will photobomb and scare DD at Sea World? (25 points) Sea Turtle
3. What was DD’s favorite part of Sea World? (25 points) Eating lunch
4. Something happened at Sea World that caused the sea lion show to be stopped. What was it? (25 points) The otter wouldn't perform.
5. Tuesday was my big day at the conference with a meeting that could potentially be all day long. What time did I finally get finished up with my meeting and get back to the hotel? (10 points) A) 4:00 B) 4:30 C) 5:00 D) 5:30 E) 6:00 - B-4:30
6. Did I manage to stay awake for the entire meeting? (10 points) Yes.

I haven't had the (dis)pleasure yet, luckily.
Defintely lucky.

OK, so I'm getting in my answers for the contest and will hopefully be back to comment on the update soon.
Ok, Got em!

OH C'mon. Who are you fooling. You're going to Disney!
Well, duh!

:rolleyes1

Good way to teach kids a life lesson. Things don't always work out the way you want.
Yeah, because I totally wasn't bummed out and raving about it ruining my entire visit to Disney World either. :rolleyes1

No, really, I wasn't but I was a little bummed. I was looking forward to that ride through the Contemporary.

So you had to be towed back to the dock? :lmao:
::yes::

Well that was nice of them.
::yes:: Definitely not necessary, IMO, but appreciated!

Doesn't sound all that bad to me.
I'm not complaining! :rotfl:

That's one big grin for such a little girl!
::yes:: She really had a great time while we were there. I think she appreciated that opportunity to have some fun and be the focus of attention for a few days.

I'll have to remember that. Fran is a big fan of cinnamon rolls.
I've noticed. And after trying the strawberry soup, I think I'm going to have to start paying more attention to her culinary tastes for new things to try. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Ahhhh, to be young and have a healthy appetite. I wish I could even finish one order of corn dog nuggets.
I wish I didn't have such a big appetite... :faint:

I hope you brought more than one pair!
Definitely. We don't do laundry so I made sure to have one pair for each park day. If it gets over about 70 degrees, I just sweat too much to re-wear them.

That's a total rookie move! Anyone who knows anything about scooter riding knows where all the "downs" are in the MK. That's why it's good not to have to rent, you never know what's happened to that poor scooter.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That's the thing that kind of got me thinking. I always see something like this happen around the parks. I'm sure it is due to the fact that there are so many people who don't typically use them, but just can't do the amount of walking you have to do there. So they rent a scooter without really knowing how to operate them and comedy ensues. I actually have another incident that I witnessed later in the week, but not quite as epic as this one.

Hmmmm.....I thought that was an easy fix for the busy monorail situation....Well good job impressing the wifey!
:thumbsup2

1. You’ve seen what we did on Monday. Can you guess how many steps I had? 14,600
2. What animal will photobomb and scare DD at Sea World? (25 points) Sea Turtle
3. What was DD’s favorite part of Sea World? (25 points) Eating lunch
4. Something happened at Sea World that caused the sea lion show to be stopped. What was it? (25 points) The otter wouldn't perform.
5. Tuesday was my big day at the conference with a meeting that could potentially be all day long. What time did I finally get finished up with my meeting and get back to the hotel? (10 points) A) 4:00 B) 4:30 C) 5:00 D) 5:30 E) 6:00 - B-4:30
6. Did I manage to stay awake for the entire meeting? (10 points) Yes.
Got em!

Not Cool, Crush!

Tuesday was the big day for me. It was the day that I’d be sitting in a meeting all day long and it was essentially the reason I was in Orlando to begin with.

But first I got to enjoy my delicious cinnamon roll that I had brought back from Gaston’s Tavern… that’s how you do breakfast the day after you’ve been to MK.

Since I was pretty much going to be gone all day, DW and DD were looking for something fun to do and we’d decided before the trip that they’d go to Sea World. Our hotel was literally just blocks away. The convention center was between the hotel and Sea World, but it was an easy drive. Just 3 right turns and you’re pulling into the parking lot. I showed DW how to get there on Monday so that she wouldn’t have any problems.

And based on the feedback I got, she didn’t have any problems. Piece of cake.

Now I don’t profess to know everything they did at Sea World and I’m not quite as creative as @Captain_Oblivious so I think I’ll refrain from making it up.

They did tell me that DD loved the dolphins. Apparently, part of the dolphin display is kind of a dolphin nursery for some of the younger ones and you can watch them swimming around. DW couldn’t pull her away from there. DW said by the time they left she’d spent enough time talking to one of the trainers/zookeepers that she could pretty much identify and name any of the dolphins they had.

They spent the day seeing the animals and watching the shows and they really seemed to have a good time. I was sent these pictures while sitting in my meeting. They found the sea turtle tank and DD was having a good time watching them swim around.

20160112_150934.jpg

DW wanted to try to get her picture with a sea turtle in the background, but the turtles and the kid weren’t quite cooperating. She said she finally had a turtle swimming into the frame and took this picture.

20160112_151439.jpg

Just as DD turned around and was face to face with a huge sea turtle.

Yeah, she was done with that photo shoot.

The other story they shared with me was from the sea lion show. They were enjoying the show, and as you can probably tell from the pictures, the weather was clear. But in the middle of the show, about half of the park lost power, including the theater for this show. So they unfortunately didn’t get to see the whole show, but seemed to enjoy what they saw of it. I’ll close out their day with some pictures from the sea lion and orca shows.

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

As for me… well, I was in my meeting. And it involved an election for a position that opens maybe every 15 years or so as well as some other interesting subject matter. There was no problem keeping my attention all day. I definitely didn’t fall asleep.

Have a little faith, would ya?

Besides, they had all the Pepsi and Mountain Dew I could drink. I was either feeling the effects of caffeine or just trying to hold it until the next break just about all day long. Who can sleep under those circumstances???

The meeting finished up late that afternoon. And do you remember the walk from our hotel to the Convention Center? Well, this meeting just happened to be in another hotel. It was in a hotel that was the other side of the Convention Center. I don’t recall the exact time the meetings ended, but based on my text records it was 5:30 when I returned to our hotel. DW and DD were not in the room so I texted to find out where they were.

They had come back from Sea World and were spending some time at the pool, but were on the way back up to the room. We all got our clothes changed and went out in search of food. We ended up just going to an Olive Garden that was close to the hotel and used a gift card that we had.

We made it back to the room by about 8 pm. DW and DD were tired and ready for bed. We had been invited to a reception in a suite at that other hotel I spent all day at, so I decided to go back over there for a while. I ended up staying until about 10:30, but it was nice to have a few drinks and chat for a couple of hours. I could have stayed longer, but I did want to get to bed and get some sleep. We had a big day coming up tomorrow.

We’re going to Disney World!!!!

Contest Results:

1. I walked 18,401 steps. 25 points within 500, 20 pts < 1000, 15 pts < 2000, 10 pts < 3000, 5 pts <5000

2. DD was scared by a photobombing sea turtle. (25 points)

3. DD’s favorite part of Sea World was the dolphins (25 points)

4. The sea lion show was stopped due to a power outage in part of the park. (25 points)

5. I got back to the hotel from my meetings at D) 5:30 pm. (10 points)

6. Yes, I stayed awake for the whole meeting. (10 points)

Bonus Points:

FantasiaMagic – 5 points for being first to answer

Gracefulskinny – 5 points for Joey

Natebenma – 5 sympathy points for just missing first to answer and for being the only one to answer with 0 points.

Chillitsanne – 5 points for being closest on the step count

6travel – 5 points for the new parade spot

Leshaface – 5 points for Harry & Lloyd. 5 points to get you to stop asking for points!

Results for This Round:

cindianne 320 40

chillitsanne 40

SarahDisney 35

SoccerDogWithEars 35

pkondz 25

Leshaface 25

MissMaryQC 25

Gracefulskinny 20

6travel 20

jandlinz 15

FantasiaMagic 15

Captain_Oblivious 10

franandaj 10

Dugette 10

natebenma 5

Overall Leaderboard:

SarahDisney 294

Captain_Oblivious 285

pkondz 281

Gracefulskinny 273

cindianne 320 260

jandlinz 256

chillitsanne 256

ashw100 220

franandaj 217

6travel 206

Terra Nova Guy 204

vrajewski10513 197

FantasiaMagic 197

Dugette 190

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 176

natebenma 165

amazingact21 150

Leshaface 150

MissMaryQC 140

SoccerDogWithEars 134

ursalita 85

vernie822 80

Next Update Questions:

1. Did we make it to MK in time for the Welcome Show? (10 points)

2. What was our first ride of the day? (20 points)

3. We did online check-in. Did things go smoothly with it? (10 points)

4. What ride was I on when I felt the urge to throw somebody off? (10 points) Bonus points if you can guess why I was mad or come up with an entertaining theory.

5. Which character meet, not including Belle, did we do in MK? (10 points)

6. Where did we eat lunch? (10 points)

7. What snack did we get on the way out of MK that afternoon? (10 points)

8. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from TTC to MK? (5 points)

9. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from MK to TTC? (5 points)

Next Update Questions:

4. What ride was I on when I felt the urge to throw somebody off? (10 points) Bonus points if you can guess why I was mad or come up with an entertaining theory.

I'm First!!!! Benefits of being in your last days at your current job and no longer caring if they catch you on the Disboards.

1. The tail end of it

2. Peter Pan

3. Yes

4. TTA/Peoplemover. They kept making ghost noises in the dark parts

5. Talking Mickey

6. Columbia Harbour House (because that's where everyone eats lunch right? No? Just my family?)

7. Dole Whip!

8. Ferry

9. Monorail

Your family is in my prayers.

But first I got to enjoy my delicious cinnamon roll that I had brought back from Gaston’s Tavern… that’s how you do breakfast the day after you’ve been to MK.
Can't argue with that.

:cool1:

1. Yes
2. Peter Pan
3. No
4. Pirates of the Caribbean....because the guy behind you kept saying "we wants the redhead" the whole time.
5. Anna/Elsa
6. Pinocchio
7. Rice Crispy Treat
8. Monorail
9. Boat

DW said by the time they left she’d spent enough time talking to one of the trainers/zookeepers that she could pretty much identify and name any of the dolphins they had.
:rotfl2: Glad she loved them though. I've always loved them myself.

Wow what a shot!

:rotfl: Cool but I can see how that would terrify her! Poor thing.

As for me… well, I was in my meeting. And it involved an election for a position that opens maybe every 15 years or so as well as some other interesting subject matter. There was no problem keeping my attention all day. I definitely didn’t fall asleep.

I figured that the postulating that happens during an election might drag things on a bit and would make you sleepy.

Besides, they had all the Pepsi and Mountain Dew I could drink.
:rotfl: That's what I thought. :thumbsup2

Gracefulskinny – 5 points for Joey
:banana:

No

Winnie the Pooh

yup

Small World; and you thought about throwing yourself off to save yourself from the misery of having to sit on the whole ride.

Tink

Be Our Guest

Popcorn

Monorail

boat

They did tell me that DD loved the dolphins. Apparently, part of the dolphin display is kind of a dolphin nursery for some of the younger ones and you can watch them swimming around. DW couldn’t pull her away from there. DW said by the time they left she’d spent enough time talking to one of the trainers/zookeepers that she could pretty much identify and name any of the dolphins they had.

Yay dolphins! I see a future marine biologist in your family!

That thing is like swimming at her! Of course that ended the photoshoot!

The sea lions look better than the people in this picture ... I think the people need new costumes. Something less dorky.

So ... this is almost identical to the Shamu Show area from when I was in San Diego. Which may have changed since I was there (it was 7 years ago, after all), but ... apparently all Sea World parks share one designer. Who knew?

You are using the words "meeting" and "interesting" in the same sentence and I do not understand that. You are very strange.

Besides, they had all the Pepsi and Mountain Dew I could drink. I was either feeling the effects of caffeine or just trying to hold it until the next break just about all day long. Who can sleep under those circumstances???

Okay, that explains the awakeness. In college, I had a friend who drank Mountain Dew all the time ... she was more awake than I was most of the time, and I drank coffee pretty regularly back then. That stuff definitely keeps you from falling asleep.

Yay!!

Overall Leaderboard:

SarahDisney 294

YES!!!!!!
This is very exciting for me. I know it won't last long, but ... very exciting.

Yes. Of course. Who misses the Welcome Show?

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Yes

Mad Tea Party. And it was your daughter. She was spinning too much.
(Do I lose points for accusing you of being a bad parent?)

Mickey Mouse

Pinocchio Village Haus

Dole Whip

Monorail

Also Monorail. Hopefully it was a good monorail day.

But first I got to enjoy my delicious cinnamon roll that I had brought back from Gaston’s Tavern…
That we be great right now...:rotfl:
Since I was pretty much going to be gone all day, DW and DD were looking for something fun to do and we’d decided before the trip that they’d go to Sea World.
Had they ever been before?
Our hotel was literally just blocks away. The convention center was between the hotel and Sea World, but it was an easy drive.
Nice, very convenient!
They spent the day seeing the animals and watching the shows and they really seemed to have a good time. I was sent these pictures while sitting in my meeting. They found the sea turtle tank and DD was having a good time watching them swim around.

20160112_150934.jpg
SO cool!:thumbsup2

So they unfortunately didn’t get to see the whole show, but seemed to enjoy what they saw of it. I’ll close out their day with some pictures from the sea lion and orca shows.
I love all the shows there. Very entertaining.
Next Update Questions:
Yes.
Peter Pan.
No.
4. What ride was I on when I felt the urge to throw somebody off? (10 points)
Little Mermaid
Bonus points if you can guess why I was mad or come up with an entertaining theory.
When "Under the Sea" came on a guy started singing it just like Sebastian, very loudly and using his hands as claws...
Mickey
BOG.
Dole Whip.
Boat.
Monorail.

YUM! I could go for one of those bad boys right about now; summer diet has officially started.:sad:

pparently, part of the dolphin display is kind of a dolphin nursery for some of the younger ones and you can watch them swimming around.

HOW CUTE!!!

They spent the day seeing the animals and watching the shows and they really seemed to have a good time.

I'm so glad! My baby sister LOVES Sea World, but I've not been in years. Glad the girls had a good day.

20160112_151439.jpg

:scared1: I'd be scared too!

::yes:: Can't say I blame her...

But in the middle of the show, about half of the park lost power, including the theater for this show.

WHAT?! That's wild! I can't believe they don't have generators or something. I mean I'm sure they do to keep the animals alive but that's crazy!

:laughing:

Well, yeah! With that much caffeine I'd stay awake during all day meetings too!

We ended up just going to an Olive Garden that was close to the hotel and used a gift card that we had.

I love Olive Garden! those bread sticks are to die for!!

We had a big day coming up tomorrow.

:dancer:

I walked 18,401 steps.

This is wild! I would NEVER have guessed that.

Next Update Questions:

1. Yes!
2. The carousel
3. Yes! I hope I'm right, cause it'd be a rough start if not!
4. IASW, cause some jerk was filming the whole thing, with an ipad, directly in front of DD.
5. Tiana!
6. Columbia Harbour House
7. Popped Corn
8. Monorail
9. Monorail

Hope all is well with the family. :goodvibes

Last edited:
1. Did we make it to MK in time for the Welcome Show? (10 points) No.
2. What was our first ride of the day? (20 points) Winnie the Pooh
3. We did online check-in. Did things go smoothly with it? (10 points) Yep!
4. What ride was I on when I felt the urge to throw somebody off? (10 points) Bonus points if you can guess why I was mad or come up with an entertaining theory. Splash Mountain because someone opened up an umbrella.
5. Which character meet, not including Belle, did we do in MK? (10 points) Talking Mickey
6. Where did we eat lunch? (10 points) Pinocchio's
7. What snack did we get on the way out of MK that afternoon? (10 points) Popcorn
8. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from TTC to MK? (5 points) Monorail
9. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from MK to TTC? (5 points) Boat

In the end though, the call of Disney World won out.

How could it not :confused3

DD wanted to ride the monorail, but it wasn’t running. She didn’t quite think that was an acceptable response, but we headed for the ferry anyway. Luckily, one was just finishing loading and we were among the last ones on before they closed the gate.

I agree with dd, this is not an acceptable response, monorail should always be running :sad2:

We entered the park at 2:15 and started walking through the Town Square. I was excited to see that even though it was Jan 11, MK still had its Christmas decorations up!!

That's pretty awesome :thumbsup2

We really did enjoy this parade and I’m glad that we had a chance to get there and see the whole thing, finally. We had a great spot to watch the parade, but my only complaint is that we were really too close. The floats are so huge that I think that there is really some benefit to being a little bit farther back to be able to take it all in. You can see from the pictures that it is really hard to fit everything into one shot when you’re so close.

I agree, they seem so big and now the best way to see them not at street level has been taken away :headache:

At about this time another boat came around the corner and stopped behind us. The skipper yelled at Cara and she yelled back that our boat was broke. The skipper behind us then told everyone on his boat to point and laugh. It was one of those “you had to be there” type of things, but it was funny. The back and forth between the 2 skippers really made the wait almost seem like an upgrade to the typical JC experience.

That's awesome, glad she made it better

And to all of you who thought I’d get stuck on IASW… I hate you.

:rotfl2: It's bad enough when the boats get back up at the end :faint:

We stopped by Rapunzel’s throne room on the way to Fantasyland. DD insisted she didn’t need to go and didn’t want to go to the bathroom with either DW or myself. DW finally convinced her to go try, but her resistance to go to the potty would become a theme over the course of our week there. She would also refuse to ever let me take her, which I have to admit, isn't all that bad. :rolleyes1

:rotfl:DSs do the same to me now, not so bad have three boys :thumbsup2

I always seem to see something interesting happen with a scooter in the parks. This might just be the best of them.

She drove right off the curb about 5 feet shy of the cutout to the street.

There was some definite airtime!

The scooter landed hard leaning to the left and just kind of hung there. It was like it was in slow motion.

I really thought she was going over. And after what seemed like an eternity, the right wheels came down and slammed into the asphalt. I think she kind of ate the handle bar, but must have been more embarrassed than hurt because she just quickly glanced around and gunned it. I don’t think the guy she was with even knew what happened.

Okay this is a great story to begin with and then your descriptions :lmao:

Sorry she got scared, but it is a cool picture

Another awesome picture, and one you get to see much longer

:jumping1:

no

Peter Pan

yes

Chanting teenagers

Tiana

Columbia Harbor House

Mickey Bar

Monorail

9. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from MK to TTC? (5 points)[/QUOTE]
Ferry

Hi, just joining in to your trip report. I love the wonderful photos :-) I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Have a magical day! xoxox

I like this idea, but I'm not sure I could wait until the next morning to enjoy a WDW cinnamon roll!

She said she finally had a turtle swimming into the frame and took this picture.
Too bad DD is not looking at the camera, but it actually is a good picture. I've tried this type of thing myself and always find the foreground too light or dark against the tank. Probably has to do with my terrible photography skills.

I’ll close out their day with some pictures from the sea lion and orca shows.
My family has gone to Seaworld twice, in 2010 and 2013. The first time, we didn't get to see the sea lion show becuase after the orca show, we got "stuck" in the kids area for too long, and I wasn't paying attention to the time. I don't know if it's changed, but back then the whole upper section of Seaworld (sea lions and sharks I think) closed earlier than the rest of the park, around 4:00. By the time we could pull DD way from the kid zone, it was already closed. Next time we went to Seaworld, I vowed to not let that happen again. And of course ended up doing exactly the same thing.:( We've taken a break from Seaworld since then...

There was no problem keeping my attention all day. I definitely didn’t fall asleep.
You did better than me in meetings. It doesn't seem to matter what the subject is, a meeting is like a lullaby to me. I've been embarrassed more times than I care to remember by someone catching me with dropping eyes in a meeting. Although I've never had the luxury of unlimited Pepsi, which sounds awesome. Up in my neck of the woods, Pepsi outsells Coke by a significant margin, once of the few strange places in the world where it does. So I'm a Pepsi drinker all the way. Which is sometimes hard when traveling in the States, since Coke is so much more prevalent.

Next Update Questions:

Dang, I missed an entire update and bonus question round. Don't you hate it when "life gets in the way" of Disboards :P Anyway, it wouldn't have made much difference, based on what my answers would have been that round. Let's try it this round!

1. Yes
2. Dumbo
3. No
4. Peter Pan because someone kept taking flash photos the whole ride
5. Ariel
6. Columbia Harbor House
7. Mickey krispy treat
8. ferry boat
9. ferry boat

Tuesday was the big day for me. It was the day that I’d be sitting in a meeting all day long and it was essentially the reason I was in Orlando to begin with.

"So I skipped it!"

No?

Yes, I know. I learned, oh master.

I was so sure she'd get lost.
"So I think I'm supposed to go left here..."

DW said by the time they left she’d spent enough time talking to one of the trainers/zookeepers that she could pretty much identify and name any of the dolphins they had.

Huh! They all look alike to me.
Does that make me dolphin-racist?

They found the sea turtle tank and DD was having a good time watching them swim around.

Who wouldn't have a good time watching turtles???

She said she finally had a turtle swimming into the frame and took this picture.

That guy looks like he's got it in for her!

:lmao: I don't blame her!

There was no problem keeping my attention all day. I definitely didn’t fall asleep.

I knew it!
And I answered the question backwards. :sad2:
I thought to myself "Does he fall asleep? Nope!"
Oh, well.

:hyper:

I was either feeling the effects of caffeine or just trying to hold it until the next break just about all day long. Who can sleep under those circumstances???

:laughing: Yeah, that'd do it. Hard to concentrate, though.

And do you remember the walk from our hotel to the Convention Center?

How could we forget?

DW and DD were tired and ready for bed.

That's a long day for them.
Especially if it's sunny out.

Woot!

2. DD was scared by a photobombing sea turtle. (25 points)

No way anyone guessed that!

1. Yes.
2. Peter Pan
3. Yes
4. I'll stick with Peter Pan... and flash photography.
5. The Frigid Twins.
6. Cosmic Rays
7. Rice Krispie treat
8. Monorail
9. Monorail

I love the Sea World pictures. If your DD was looking the sea turtle picture would have been great. My kids also loved Sea World. They always ask when they can go back. Sounds like a busy conference day. I'm impressed you stayed awake.
Ok, contest.
1. Yes
2. Peter Pan
3. Yes
4. Small World. Someone singing as loud as they could.
5. Ariel
6. BOG
7. Mickey Bar
8. Ferry
9. Monorail

Way to start the day! :thumbsup2

Glad DW and DD enjoyed their time at Sea World.

Smart meeting planning. ::yes::

I will have faith and say yes.

Dumbo

Because you are asking, I'll say no.

The train. Endless talking on cell phone.

Tiana

Pecos Bill

:mickeybar

Ferry boat

Monorail

Nice. Bonus points for that plan. I might have to steal that one.

Now I don’t profess to know everything they did at Sea World and I’m not quite as creative as @Captain_Oblivious so I think I’ll refrain from making it up.

Booooo.

The key is to think "exploding helicopters". They're like the bacon of storytelling--they make every story better. Think about it.

Gone With The Wind? Better with exploding helicopters.
Citizen Kane? Better with exploding helicopters.
Shakespeare In Love? Way, way, way better with exploding helicopters.

:rotfl2:

But did she try to rope them together using human hair?

But in the middle of the show, about half of the park lost power, including the theater for this show.

See? That sounds like a terrorist plot to me. And a chance to introduce explod--well, you get the idea.

And it involved an election for a position that opens maybe every 15 years or so as well as some other interesting subject matter. There was no problem keeping my attention all day. I definitely didn’t fall asleep.

I dunno. I feel like something is missing from the story here.

Ah..there it is.

I must've had me about 15 Dr. Peppers.

We ended up just going to an Olive Garden that was close to the hotel and used a gift card that we had.

Olive Garden? If it weren't for the gift card, you might be losing your bonus points here.

:woohoo::cool1::banana:

Captain_Oblivious 10

SarahDisney 294

Captain_Oblivious 285

Son of a...

Yes. Because you're a good DIS-er.

Peter Pan, so you can get there before the line gets ridiculous.

I'll say yes, just based on having no issues of my own.

Buzz Lightyear, because that little whiny punk ahead of you kept turning his car around and shooting his laser right in your eyes. And you couldn't make your car go any faster to bump him. But then you somehow shot your laser into the sky and a helicopter exploded. (See? It even made that story better.)

Anna/Elsa. Hopefully with FP+ to the rescue.

Pecos Bill's. It'll be right one of these days.

Uh...Dole Whip?

The ferry boat.

Monorail. Or vice-versa if I'm wrong this way.:rolleyes1

I’m not quite as creative as @Captain_Oblivious so I think I’ll refrain from making it up.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

:lmao: Hilarious!

convenient AND delicious! Good call!

We had a big day coming up tomorrow.

No big deal or anything.... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter