• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

These are too cute:goodvibes I love your DDs crown as well!
Thank you. She normally refuses to wear anything on her head, but she tolerated it this time.

:rotfl2:

Points for impressing you?! :hyper:
Nice try. But you did get some other bonus points.

She's a doll :cutie:
She has her moments...

::yes::

Awwww...
Obviously gets her looks from her mother.
::yes:: Wait, what?

I told you it was a lot of work! :laughing:
Yes. Yes it is. Actually, I've just been really busy lately and haven't had time. Just writing the updates and getting the pictures linked it has been slowing me down.

Aw, super cute pictures!
Thanks!

Which one is your daughter and which one is Cinderella?

princess:princess:
I know, right?

Tell me about it! I currently have 4 Magic Bands with 3 different dummy accounts. I have one for my 2014 Beach Club trip with friends, 1 for the class trip and 1 for the 2015 Beach Club trip and one for the January visit with to Florida. My first official MB, on my real MDE account, is coming for my October trip.
Actually, I think I just personally have 2. I made a second account for my one night stay at Pop that was separate from my main account. I think I just used that account for my afternoon ticket and made dummy guest accounts tied to that one for DD and DW.

That was such a nice surprise. I wonder if they are still up.
Well... Let's just say that 2 days makes a huge difference...

Wow! This picture is amazing- the colors are so sharp!
Thanks... that was a cell phone picture!

I am not usually a parade watcher, but FoF was really good. I took a gazillion pictures of it. I can see what you mean about being too close. Good in some ways, but you probably missed the "big picture" view of some floats. Looks like Ariel was waving to DD.
It kind of does, doesn't it?

That smile!!!

:goodvibes
She was a happy girl.

Who gets stuck on the Jungle Cruise??? That is hilarious!
Apparently I do... :confused3 :sad2:

You had a great night! Not perfect, but as you said, it was all "bonus" time.
Not perfect, but it had to be close to it. It really was nice to just be in the MK enjoying some bonus time there to see the sights, relax and enjoy the parades and Christmas decorations.

I don't know what is wrong with people- too many people are selfish and only care about themselves and their families. Disney would be incredible if there was a way to screen out the jerks. But then, you wouldn't get to witness things like the airborne scooter.
::yes:: Either way, you take the bad with the good. :rotfl2:

And I got your answers. If you'd have had them in this post, you'd have earned the 5 bonus points for being first... :rolleyes1

That sounds cool but...

Yup, an extra day in Disney is better!:thumbsup2 That worked out really nicely for you all!
::yes:: I'm glad we did it.

How lucky you got a discount of the tickets.
They aren't exactly dirt cheap, but it was something like $30 - $40 less than the all day gate price. Hard to turn that down.

Good choices, I think I picked at least one of them:rotfl2:
I think you probably did. A lot of people had one of them, I don't think anybody had 2 of them and I know nobody got all 3. Honestly, once I read the reply and plug the points into the spreadsheet I can't remember anything.

I probably would have done the same thing. better to be safe then to mess up everything else.

Wow! That's so cool! What a nice surprise!:hyper:
::yes:: I hoped it might still be up when I saw the tree was there on Friday when I went to the Poly, but I really wasn't sure what to expect.

My favorite:lovestruc
It is definitely a good one!

It's good you saw some of it now since they are changing it this summer! The new show really does sound great though.::yes::
We've seen it a few times. It's a good show but really not a huge priority for us. We typically just stop and watch if we happen to go by when they are performing it. We ended up seeing the last half of it twice this trip. :rotfl2:

One of my favorite floats in the parade. I am so happy Rapunzel is going to be in the new castle show as well!:goodvibes
::yes:: Especially since she gets screwed over with a restroom instead of an attraction.

Another one of my favorites! :goodvibes

I'm so happy you enjoyed it! :goodvibes
I really did. It was a well done parade.

:scared1: I've never heard of that happening before!:rotfl:
Yeah, me neither.

That is great! Sounds like some unexpected Disney magic;)
It was just a couple of really good skippers being really good skippers. They did an awesome job of just rolling with the punches and making it entertaining.

Nice!:thumbsup2 Always a plus.
::yes:: I honestly wouldn't have asked for anything, no longer than we had to wait and given the fact that it wasn't exactly boring, but I appreciated it.

AW! She has the cutest smile - pure Disney happiness right there!:lovestruc

That is such a great feeling.

Sometimes it's really nice to watch something without taking pictures or video!
It is. I know it doesn't make for a good TR, but I worry more about having fun and the TR prep work just takes second priority to enjoying the moment and having some fun together.

Great picture! I see that the crane did not make an appearance during your trip huh? I guess they do that once they are completely done with all the Christmas stuff?:scratchin
Well, just remember that this is an extra day we added at the beginning. We go back the conference before returning in 2 days. Wanna guess how long it takes to set a crane up??? :rolleyes1

As soon as I read this, I knew it was going to be something good!::yes::
When it happened, I thought to myself that this was just too easy. I always see something like that, but on the first night????

No way! Oh my gosh this is too good. Were you the only one that noticed, or did it seem like other people around you were enjoying the show as well?:rotfl2:
I really didn't see if anyone else noticed or not. As crowded as Town Square was at that time of night, I'm sure others noticed. The thing that caught my attention was that we were in the street and I just saw this fast movement zip past us on the sidewalk. They were going pretty fast. We weren't walking slow and they were going quite a bit faster than us. Otherwise I probably wouldn't even have looked that direction.

She could be in a Fast and Furious movie:rotfl2::lmao:
::yes:: Like I said they were moving fast. I think her scooter might have been running NOS.

Um - 5,000

Shark? He was a brother of Bruce from Finding Nemo - he wanted to take part in the "Disney magic" too!:lmao:

The Animal show. (Sorry I don't remember the name!)

Since I have no idea, I'm going to make something up - the host of the show fell into the water:rotfl:

D) 5:30pm

Got em!

It always does :thumbsup2
::yes:: At least whenever there's enough money. :faint:

Can you blame her?
No! I felt the same way!

I love that they are procrastinators and wait to take the decorations down! That's my style of decorating too ::yes::
Our house is tall. It takes a 32' extension ladder to reach the roof. All the rest of the decorations come down the first week of January, but the lights I put up there stay up all year long. The wire is the same color as the trim so I just unplug them.

We did too, totally not expecting to watch any parades at all and we really enjoyed it!
We'd heard so many good things about it and enjoyed the few floats we'd seen before so we knew we really wanted to see the whole parade. We thought it was great.

Was so not expecting this! I had no idea they could even break down, have never heard of it.
Yeah, of all the rides...
dumb-and-dumber-pepper-scene-o-gif.159117
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I'm not just going to give you bonus points for every gif you post, but Lloyd and Harry just earned you some points.

I'll proudly stand in the 'most of you' group! :teeth:...right??
Um... well...

Yep, I had it easy this trip too
Bump.gif~c200

:cool1: I remember how delicious that cinnamon roll was in 2015! And so huge. But I just saw a post the other day on Disney Food Blog about the best cinnamon rolls at the World and Gaston's made one of the top places, but people were complaining about how bad they were :confused3 Hopefully you report back that they were still just as good as I remembered it being.
Ok, this is the first time I have managed to get one from Gaston's Tavern. When they announced Starbucks, the thing that I was most pissed off about was the fact that they were getting rid of the Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls. I used to always stop on the way out of the park to grab one for breakfast. Gaston's being at the back of the park just never has been quite as convenient for this. But I thought the cinnamon roll I had was just as I remembered the ones from Main Street. I thought it was good.

And it wouldn't be my last...

Dude, that's my jam. I'm offended as a song lover and a Mexican.
Um... we can't be friends.

Just kidding, super irritating.
Whew... thank goodness!

I just don't get people like this :confused3
I'd like to hear what your DM would say to them. :thumbsup2 :rotfl: I couldn't watch your video at work yesterday, but I made sure to watch it last night.

Good shot, love how everyone is blurry and the tree is the main focus.
Thanks! I actually did that sitting there with my phone.

Wow nice!
Kind of. It would have been nice if she could have seen the fireworks, but you can't complain too much about her falling asleep. She usually fights sleep. At home, she would never want to go to sleep that early. :faint:

Oh my gosh, you totally do!
::yes:: I don't know how, but I'm not going to complain. As long as nobody gets hurt, I'll gladly laugh and share. :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl2: Sharing is caring after all!

And I got your answers and points down. I apparently forgot to quote them though.

Do you think this cast member is actually standing? Or do you think her legs are in the fin?
:eek: You know, I've never thought about it, but standing would actually make sense. It looks like it would be an awkward perch for her to sit there like that.

Who, me? ;) Glad that it turned out to be Jungle Cruise.
You and just about everybody else. I'm glad it was JC too!

You always have the best scooter stories!!
I don't know how, but the just have an ability to find me.

Of course it did. I was never in doubt.
Well, yeah, you're right.

So that session must have been invigorating.
I don't know, I wasn't paying any attention.

What? WHAT???
I know! Who expects the monorail to have problems?

Son of a...

I like my name for it better, though.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I thought it was Celebrate Vague Achievements.
It very well could be.

Always good when you get a talented skipper.
::yes:: They make the ride!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I don't know, that sounds pretty funny to me.
It definitely was, but it was just hard to covey the context and the back and forth trash talk that followed. It was great!

Well, it wasn't like we were wishing this upon you. Ok, maybe a little.
I knew it...

It would definitely become a problem... :rolleyes1

I can see how broken up you are about that.
It hurt a little bit. But I got over it. :thumbsup2

That must be why I never watch it.
I'm sure that among other reasons. It really sucks. Kids love it, but I can't stand it.

Dude. Respect.
That's nothing...

:wave2: Any time. I don't like to spend any time waiting for parades. Not when I could be on a ride!
I totally agree. And if I didn't have a wife and kids who wanted to see them I'd be in the same boat. Before we had the kids, I was content to walk up to the back of the parade crowd right as it started if I wanted to see one.

You mean they didn't have a reserved space, just for them?
They thought they did, but we didn't honor it. :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Very cool. It's fun to see the similar pictures we posted.
::yes:: I took a quick look at your update earlier.

THIS.

I can't believe they wait till 10:00 p.m. to do Wishes at certain times of year. Little kids just can't make it. I get that it gets dark late in the summer, but 10:00 really seems late for families.
I know. It is just a little bit absurd. There's really no reason they need to wait so long from the parade to the projections show and then Wishes. I realize they have to give the parade time to get off stage in Fantasyland, so the delay before the projection show makes sense, but there is no reason they can't go straight from that into Wishes. Why have everyone stand around for another 15 minutes just waiting for the fireworks to start?

Nice work.
Every once in a while, I know what I'm talking about.

Because of course I did. I thought you wouldn't make it by 2:00 p.m. and had a better shot of seeing the whole parade at night.
I did kind of throw that 4pm ticket option out as a red herring. But the 4 pm ticket was only about $8 or 10 cheaper so we went with 2pm.

And I'm not going to buy a 2pm ticket and show up at 3:30.

Oh, you mean an actual number. Uh... 13,384.

Um...a dolphin?:confused3

This implies that I have any idea what there is to see at Sea World besides Shamu. You mention the sea lion show below, so I'll go with that, I guess.

I'll go with B) 4:30

Yes. But only just barely.
Got em!

Trying to get caught up around here!
I know the feeling. It has been a struggle recently!

Scooter flying...hilarious!! I can't imagine trying to drive one of those things on a busy day at MK...I'd probably pop a few wheelies too lol.
I know. It is bad enough to walk and push a stroller, but I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to drive a scooter.

Glad DD caught Tink at last! I agree about the lull...I always wished all the shows would start earlier because we are always so tired after a day at the parks...
They really need to push the evening things closer together, especially the castle projection show and Wishes. I don't know why they can't just go from one right into the other. Do we really need 10 - 15 minutes of nothing in between them?

She is just the cutest!
Most of the time... :rolleyes1

I swear free food just tastes better, even at 7 am.

I know that feeling...
Money is always the limiting factor with Disney.

YAY!!! Disney wins!
As it usually does.

I can't think of a much better Christmas gift than Disney tickets.

Love the multitasking. I hope that app just gets better and better; so convenient!
I'm not 100% sold on the MDE FP+ system, but I do like this element of it.

Good thinking!

That's probably true, but I wouldn't have thought of it first either.
Yeah, I wanted to be safe, but looking back I think I could have easily avoided it.

I don't blame her. Orlando can be rough one even if you know your way around too.

Good idea! My DH is, shall we say, directionally challenged. Maybe this would help him!

Heehee, little ones sure do know what they don't want, eh?
So do the big ones. I wasn't exactly happy about missing the monorail either.

AWE! I didn't know that! I'm afraid of holiday crowds, but I'd love to see all the great decorations!
I think they usually keep them up until about Marathon Weekend and then they come down. I can say that they were up on the 11th and gone on the 13th.

Nice spot!
It was. I liked watching them come around the corner and enter the "on stage" area at the beginning.

It is such a cool parade, I hope the new castle show is as impressive.
I'm sure it will be. They've been doing a great job with the recent parades and shows.

I agree, it's hard to take it all in when you're so close.

I love it when the Skippers are into it! Although, I've never had a bad skipper.
Good point. But even just the difference between a good skipper and a great skipper can mean a lot.

Sweet! A free FP, and really not for too much trouble, it sounds like.
Right! It isn't like I'd be going to Guest Services to complain if I didn't get one, but it was a nice gesture.

And I'm sure someone probably would have gone to Guest Services to complain which is why they offer it.

She was still in daddy's girl mode.

Good choice sir!
Those things are pretty awesome.

Noted for future use!
I always try to find something to sit next to... trash can, light post... something. That way we only have to "protect" one side of our personal space. This little gap I found between a trash can and another post was just perfect for the 3 of us to sit and have a little bit of room to move.

Noted again; good advice!
It worked well. We just carried the tray to our spot on the sidewalk and sat and ate there. I just took the tray back a little bit before the parade started.

Good to know. DH hates the annoying songs, he would not like this, at all.
This one is awful.

They're SO, SO good! i could eat two cups myself too, with no regrets.

What is wrong with people? I mean if you don't have want to sit and wait for a good spot, oh well, too bad. :confused3
But do you realize how much they paid for their tickets?????

That's no fun, and that candy stuff never comes out!
No it doesn't.

That was nice of you. I hope the kids enjoyed the show, in spite of their parents.
I think they did.

LOVE THIS!
It was a nice change of pace from the usual go, go, go!

SO pretty!
::yes:: I really love seeing the castle all lit up like that.

:thumbsup2 Disney knowledge for the win!
Sometimes I r smart.

LOL! No, monkey suit always makes me think of that part in Who Framed Roger Rabbit!
Well, in that context, I'm glad I gave you bonus points then.

Got em!

I have been lurking and reading for a while, but had to comment on a few things...

There are worse things than being stuck on IASW with the song playing...we once rode it and got stuck briefly with no music and the rest of the ride had no music...talk about creepy...all you could hear was the clacking of the dolls because they were still moving.

The scooter story made me laugh, because I actually did the exact same thing at probably the exact same spot last May. I was using a scooter for the first time, and came out of the Emporium at the side of town square (between the barber shop and main street...was watching the CMs getting ready for FoF parade. I came out that door and was heading to the bus stop...and all of a sudden I see this CM flailing his arms at me...and the so smart, quick person that I am had no clue as to why, until I went off the edge of the sidewalk. Only the front end of my scooter went over the edge, the back end was still on the sidewalk. The CM came rushing over to make sure I was okay...I was laughing, because I realized how dumb I was...He was kind enough to help me get off the scooter (that was actually kind of tricky for the angle I was at and my knees hating me) and to get the scooter all the way down. :rotfl2:

In the end though, the call of Disney World won out. We knew that only having 3 days at the parks would really rush us to get through all we wanted to do. I thought if we could go this afternoon and knock off some parades, fireworks and a few rides, that would give us more time and flexibility when we come back later in the week. I had brought some cash that I’d received as a Christmas gift from my Grandpa and while it didn’t cover the entire cost of the tickets, it covered enough of the cost to make my mind up for me.

Disney should always win out in the end. Always. (And it's always nice when part of the cost is gift money :))

We went and sat through a general session where I made FP+ reservations for Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Dumbo on my phone while we were sitting there. We didn’t have any FP+ reserved for any of the Adventureland attractions later in the week so I felt like this would give us a chance to kind of check that part of the park off of our list and maybe give us some time to do a few extra Fantasyland rides.

Good logic. Plus, those are all rides that have longer lines than they should sometimes ... always nice to get to skip those lines!

I want to comment that I did go through the process of creating a dummy MDE account to use with these tickets. I was afraid if I used our actual MDE accounts, there might be confusion about which set of tickets would be used when we showed up at the parks that afternoon. I know there had been issues with this in the past. I don’t know if that has been corrected, but I didn’t want to risk having to take the time to stop by guest services, so a dummy account would do the trick.

I'm one of those people who likes the whole MDE/My Magic +/FP+/Whatever Disney is Selling Us Today thing ... but this is way more complicated than it needs to be. You should be able to easily assign dates and/or priorities to your tickets so that it knows which ones to use first.

DW hates driving in unfamiliar places. And I’ve got a ¾ ton crew cab diesel truck. She really doesn’t like driving it, especially in city traffic. I wanted to make sure that I showed her how to get around the area and get to Sea World so that she wouldn’t have any problems the next day.

I really hope this isn't some sort of foreshadowing...

I was excited to see that even though it was Jan 11, MK still had its Christmas decorations up!!

Sure. That's exciting. Not ridiculous.
(Although in my defense ... I had just seen them on Wednesday. And I don't celebrate Christmas, so one day of seeing a Christmas tree shortly after walking into the park is enough for me).
Also ... you're welcome, because marathon weekend definitely had something to do with that (lately they've been leaving most of the Christmas decorations up for the races).

We found a spot right at the rope where the parade comes from backstage. It seemed like a good spot and we only had about 30 minutes to wait by the time we got there. DW held our spot and I took DD to get some popcorn.

So ... I think this was our close call of the day.
We didn't stop to watch the parade, but we were headed from Fantasyland over to Big Thunder Mountain (as we always are) and passed by the parade. And had to wait for the parade to pass before we could cross at one point. So we were not in the exact same spot, but we were close.

We really did enjoy this parade and I’m glad that we had a chance to get there and see the whole thing, finally. We had a great spot to watch the parade, but my only complaint is that we were really too close. The floats are so huge that I think that there is really some benefit to being a little bit farther back to be able to take it all in. You can see from the pictures that it is really hard to fit everything into one shot when you’re so close.

You guys got some great pictures!
But I do kinda see what you're saying. We saw most of the parade while walking past, and I think seeing it from a bit of a distance gave us a good perspective.

We also found out that she does well under adversity.

Now that this has been publicly stated ... if she ever needs a job reference, she's definitely going to call you. You can verify that she does well in tough situations.

At about this time another boat came around the corner and stopped behind us. The skipper yelled at Cara and she yelled back that our boat was broke. The skipper behind us then told everyone on his boat to point and laugh. It was one of those “you had to be there” type of things, but it was funny. The back and forth between the 2 skippers really made the wait almost seem like an upgrade to the typical JC experience.

Minus the whole being stuck thing, this sounds like a fun upgrade to the experience.

We changed the Pirates FP+ to IASW.

Yay! I'm not the only one who uses FP+ for IASW!

And to all of you who thought I’d get stuck on IASW… I hate you.

I'm mean. I won't apologize for that.

We stopped by Rapunzel’s throne room on the way to Fantasyland. DD insisted she didn’t need to go and didn’t want to go to the bathroom with either DW or myself. DW finally convinced her to go try, but her resistance to go to the potty would become a theme over the course of our week there. She would also refuse to ever let me take her, which I have to admit, isn't all that bad. :rolleyes1

Uh oh. That's not what you want to deal with when you've got a newly potty trained young'un.

Personally, I hate that parade. That song is horrible. I swear it gets stuck in my head worse than the IASW song, only this one doesn’t have any kind of nostalgia to it. It is just the word Vamos over and over and over and over.

So ... I've never seen more than about 5 seconds of it. But that's about 5 seconds too much for me. Seriously. I am with you on this one!

On a side note, I ended up getting my butt stuck to the sidewalk by the end of the parade because there were tiny broken pieces of sucker everywhere that turned my shorts into a sticky mess.

Okay, I'm sure that was very frustrating for you when it happened, but ... that's kinda funny. (I already said that I'm mean, you can't expect me not to laugh at that).

She drove right off the curb about 5 feet shy of the cutout to the street.

There was some definite airtime!

The scooter landed hard leaning to the left and just kind of hung there. It was like it was in slow motion.

Well than ... that's certainly interesting. And entertaining (but only because nobody got hurt).

SarahDisney – 5 points for remembering our drunk skipper.

I think this may be the first time that my very strange memory has actually benefited me!

1. You’ve seen what we did on Monday. Can you guess how many steps I had?

2. What animal will photobomb and scare DD at Sea World? (25 points)

These Sea World questions are going to be a little harder for me because I've never been to Sea World Orlando, so if it's at all different than San Diego (and I'm guessing it is), all of my guesses will be wrong.
But anyway ... I'm going with a whale. Because you never see those things coming.

3. What was DD’s favorite part of Sea World? (25 points)

The dolphin show
(Is there a dolphin show? That was one of my two favorite things in San Diego ... it was that and the Shamu show, but that was back when trainers were in the water with the whales. Well, that and the Budweiser Clydesdales, but Anheuser Busch no longer owns Sea World.)

4. Something happened at Sea World that caused the sea lion show to be stopped. What was it? (25 points)

Some idiot threw garbage into the tank with the sea lions. Because, well, people are stupid.

5. Tuesday was my big day at the conference with a meeting that could potentially be all day long. What time did I finally get finished up with my meeting and get back to the hotel? (10 points)

A) 4:00 B) 4:30 C) 5:00 D) 5:30 E) 6:00

I'm going to go with D) 5:30

6. Did I manage to stay awake for the entire meeting? (10 points)

Of course not. It was a meeting. Who stays awake in meetings?

Monday morning started with a breakfast in one of the ballrooms at the hotel.

Did DD want to know where the princesses were?

We’d discussed the possibility of going to Disney World that afternoon the evening before, but still hadn’t decided for sure and were talking it over as we ate.

That would've been interesting.
"We're in Florida. Right by Disney. We love Disney. I suppose we shouldn't go."

They were going to be serving various dishes, drinks and desserts from different regions of the US.

That does sound like something I'd like.

We also weren’t sure we wanted to spend the extra money, even if the Disney tickets were discounted.

<sigh> Yeah. Money. Sucks.

In the end though, the call of Disney World won out.

Woot!
And not surprised.

We knew that only having 3 days at the parks would really rush us to get through all we wanted to do.

3 days is tough. Heck, 4 days is tough!

I had brought some cash that I’d received as a Christmas gift from my Grandpa and while it didn’t cover the entire cost of the tickets, it covered enough of the cost to make my mind up for me.

Way to go Gramps!

We went and sat through a general session where I made FP+ reservations for Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Dumbo on my phone while we were sitting there.

:laughing: So you got a lot out of that session. Good thing you went.

I want to comment that I did go through the process of creating a dummy MDE account to use with these tickets. I was afraid if I used our actual MDE accounts, there might be confusion about which set of tickets would be used when we showed up at the parks that afternoon.

Huh. Never thought of that.

In hindsight though, I really don't think I'd have had to do that as long as I made sure to use the actual tickets and not our Magic Bands. Oh well...

So... you wouldn't have magic bands? How does that work?
I thought everyone had to have those now.

I wanted to drive by Sea World since DW and DD would have to go there the next day.

"have to" oh the horror.

DW hates driving in unfamiliar places. And I’ve got a ¾ ton crew cab diesel truck. She really doesn’t like driving it, especially in city traffic. I wanted to make sure that I showed her how to get around the area and get to Sea World so that she wouldn’t have any problems the next day.

Uh, huh. And it didn't help at all, right?

DD wanted to ride the monorail, but it wasn’t running. She didn’t quite think that was an acceptable response,

I don't think that's acceptable either.
I'm with your DD on that one.

DW held our spot and I took DD to get some popcorn.

Parades and popcorn. A match made in heaven.

We usually don’t take a lot of pictures, but we got 40 of this parade.

::yes:: That parade just makes you want to shoot all of it.

HELLO!!!

I don't know if it's the way she's posed or what, but Merida is looking a little aged there.

The floats are so huge that I think that there is really some benefit to being a little bit farther back to be able to take it all in. You can see from the pictures that it is really hard to fit everything into one shot when you’re so close.

Interesting observation. I was a bit farther back so hadn't thought of that.

Our skipper’s name was Cara and she was awesome! She was really into it and did a great job.

That always makes or breaks that ride.

We also found out that she does well under adversity.

Oh?

When she went to go forward again, the boat wouldn’t move.

OMG. I was right! :faint:

She looked at all of us with a nervous laugh and said “Really, this isn’t part of the ride. The boat is broke.”

:laughing:
How many on the boat started their own nervous laughs?

The skipper behind us then told everyone on his boat to point and laugh.

The back and forth between the 2 skippers really made the wait almost seem like an upgrade to the typical JC experience.

That's great! It is like an upgrade!

When we got back to the dock, CM’s were handing out paper FP’s that were good for a select list of attractions in MK.

Since you had even more fun than you expected, here's FP's for your trouble.

We changed the Pirates FP+ to IASW.

You did what?!?!?!?!?

Not really.

Well, not most of you.

:lmao:

She would also refuse to ever let me take her, which I have to admit, isn't all that bad. :rolleyes1

We rode IASW with our FP+, and we couldn’t walk past the carousel without stopping for a ride.

That sucker's a magnet for little ones.

Cute shot of you guys.

We really didn’t expect to accomplish a lot as far as rides go and I think we were pretty happy with what we had managed to get done.

You guys did pretty good.
Especially with a little one in tow.

We made a quick stop by Gaston’s Tavern so that I could get a cinnamon roll to take with us to have for breakfast in the morning.

:eek: That's brilliant! I'm smacking myself upside the head for not thinking of that!

While I was in there, DD and DW bought a book in Belle’s Gift Shop… totally blanking on the name.

It's Belle's Gift Shop.
You're welcome.

(physical barriers making it easier to hold our spot)

Anyway, I didn’t mean to go off on a tangent, @pkondz .

I must admit, I'm disappointed.
Stick to the story.
You'll never find that sort of thing on my TR.

I wanted to make sure we had plenty, so I got 2 orders of corn dog nuggets. And yes, I ate most of them myself.

And I’d do it again.

:rolleyes:

Having this extra, unplanned day to do a few things really made it feel more relaxed.

That's a pretty darned rare thing in Disney.

DD was getting impatient and threw a little bit of a tantrum that resulted in her throwing her sucker on the ground.

Ah, well. That happens.
A lot.

We were literally sitting on the curb with our feet in the street and a family came and stood right in front of us. Thankfully a CM quickly came by and told them they’d have to move elsewhere for the parade.

:sad2: People. At least it was handled by a CM so you didn't have to.

On a side note, I ended up getting my butt stuck to the sidewalk by the end of the parade because there were tiny broken pieces of sucker everywhere that turned my shorts into a sticky mess.

Ew. Sucker butt.

DW came back and started chatting with the family next to us. They were really nice, about our age and had a little boy about DD’s age. That kind of helped once DD and he started playing a little bit as we sat on the curb.

:goodvibes You meet some nice people at Disney, don't you?

Right before the parade started a family came and got right behind us. I could gather that they were a little upset that DW and I were in front of their kids through their passive aggressive behavior. I briefly considered moving so their kids could be in the front row. Then I remembered, I’d been holding that spot for an hour… yeah, sorry…

Ah yes. The age old argument... I shall not touch this one with a ten foot pole.

I did scoot over so that the oldest child who wasn’t in a stroller could sit on the curb next to us,

Right on the sucker bits, right?

We got a grand total of 0 parade pictures

Good! Means you enjoyed it.

As Wishes approached, I held DD and she managed to stay awake to see Tink fly from the castle for the first time ever.

What did she think of that?

After Tink flew, DD asked to get in the stroller with her blanket and she was soon out.

:laughing: awwww....

:lmao:

I think she kind of ate the handle bar, but must have been more embarrassed than hurt because she just quickly glanced around and gunned it.

::yes:: Same thing when you trip and fall.
Your first thought isn't "Am I hurt?" it's "Did anyone see me?"

I don’t think the guy she was with even knew what happened.

Of course not. He's a dude. Therefore, oblivious.

Meanwhile, DW is rubbing her bruised shoulder and giving me a death stare because I’d been elbowing her trying to get her attention so she could see the show too.

Did she see it?

I think I impressed DW with my Disney knowledge when I headed for the resort monorail and we jumped right into a waiting monorail.

:thumbsup2

4. Something happened at Sea World that caused the sea lion show to be stopped. What was it? (25 points)

5. Tuesday was my big day at the conference with a meeting that could potentially be all day long. What time did I finally get finished up with my meeting and get back to the hotel? (10 points)

Whoops! Didn't quote this part.
1. 23,486
2. Killer whale
3. Dolphin show
4. Lightning?
5. Trying to throw us off? A) 4:00
6. Nope.

Since I'm taking so long to do the next update, I'll share this much. Nobody has guessed which ride we were stuck on. There are 25 points still up for grabs there if you want to try again!

:lovestruc

:cutie:

There was an event going on the Trade Show that afternoon that seemed like something similar to a F&W type of experience. They were going to be serving various dishes, drinks and desserts from different regions of the US.
neat!

yeah can't blame you. I'd have chosen the same thing.

We went and sat through a general session where I made FP+ reservations for Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Dumbo on my phone while we were sitting there.
what a great use of time at a buisness trip! LoL.

I want to comment that I did go through the process of creating a dummy MDE account to use with these tickets. I was afraid if I used our actual MDE accounts, there might be confusion about which set of tickets would be used when we showed up at the parks that afternoon.
not a bad idea.

In hindsight though, I really don't think I'd have had to do that as long as I made sure to use the actual tickets and not our Magic Bands. Oh well...
ah well, you know what they say about hindsight.

We walked through the hub and caught the last few minutes of Dream Along with Mickey before continuing to Frontierland. We found a spot right at the rope where the parade comes from backstage. It seemed like a good spot and we only had about 30 minutes to wait by the time we got there. DW held our spot and I took DD to get some popcorn.

She then reached for a radio that was in a bag under the steering wheel to call for help and I think she could tell that some of the people on the boat thought this was part of the script. She looked at all of us with a nervous laugh and said “Really, this isn’t part of the ride. The boat is broke.”
:rotfl2:

The back and forth between the 2 skippers really made the wait almost seem like an upgrade to the typical JC experience.
That does seem like an interesting ride to break down on.

Within a matter of minutes another boat was backed up to us and tossed us a line and we were soon on our way. When we got back to the dock, CM’s were handing out paper FP’s that were good for a select list of attractions in MK.
SO did you get the rest of the tour or did they just go into full evac mode when it got stuck?

:rotfl::rotfl2:

We stopped by Rapunzel’s throne room

DW finally convinced her to go try, but her resistance to go to the potty would become a theme over the course of our week there.
Huh, we saw a bit of that as well.

She would also refuse to ever let me take her, which I have to admit, isn't all that bad. :rolleyes1
Poor DW! :rotfl:

That way we could hold the spot and nobody would have to juggle all the food. While she was gone, DD enjoyed the front row seat on the curb watching all the characters and dancers go past while moving it and shaking it and singing that annoying Vamos song.
Huh I guess I didn't notice how bad it was. I can't say I'm sure what song you're talking about.

I wanted to make sure we had plenty, so I got 2 orders of corn dog nuggets. And yes, I ate most of them myself.
As a proper daddy would. Don't want any waste and all that. ::yes::

:crazy2::rotfl2:

I always seem to see something interesting happen with a scooter in the parks. This might just be the best of them.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

The scooter landed hard leaning to the left and just kind of hung there. It was like it was in slow motion.
200.gif

I really thought she was going over. And after what seemed like an eternity, the right wheels came down and slammed into the asphalt. I think she kind of ate the handle bar, but must have been more embarrassed than hurt because she just quickly glanced around and gunned it. I don’t think the guy she was with even knew what happened.
200.gif

a bird

the penguin ride? (I really don't know whats what at sea world these days.)

A thunder storm (It is florida its a safe guess)

c

nope

It is. I know it doesn't make for a good TR, but I worry more about having fun and the TR prep work just takes second priority to enjoying the moment and having some fun together.
I couldn't agree more. The real reason to go to Disney is to enjoy it for yourself and make memories with the people you are with, not for the TR.:thumbsup2 That is why there are definitely some missing spots in my TR lol...
Well, just remember that this is an extra day we added at the beginning. We go back the conference before returning in 2 days. Wanna guess how long it takes to set a crane up??? :rolleyes1
I'm going to guess that crane will be up there pretty quickly huh?:rotfl2:
OK! When I saw this GIF I kind of freaked out because I am in love with this show.:hyper: Are you a HIMYM fan too?!

have been lurking and reading for a while, but had to comment on a few things...
Hi! Thanks for stopping to comment!

There are worse things than being stuck on IASW with the song playing...we once rode it and got stuck briefly with no music and the rest of the ride had no music...talk about creepy...all you could hear was the clacking of the dolls because they were still moving.
Oh my gosh... that would definitely be a little bit creepy....

The scooter story made me laugh, because I actually did the exact same thing at probably the exact same spot last May. I was using a scooter for the first time, and came out of the Emporium at the side of town square (between the barber shop and main street...was watching the CMs getting ready for FoF parade. I came out that door and was heading to the bus stop...and all of a sudden I see this CM flailing his arms at me...and the so smart, quick person that I am had no clue as to why, until I went off the edge of the sidewalk. Only the front end of my scooter went over the edge, the back end was still on the sidewalk. The CM came rushing over to make sure I was okay...I was laughing, because I realized how dumb I was...He was kind enough to help me get off the scooter (that was actually kind of tricky for the angle I was at and my knees hating me) and to get the scooter all the way down. :rotfl2:
I can assure you of one thing. If you'd have been driving as fast as this lady was, you'd have easily cleared the curb without getting hung up on the edge!

I'm glad you were ok!

Disney should always win out in the end. Always. (And it's always nice when part of the cost is gift money :))
::yes:: and ::yes::

Good logic. Plus, those are all rides that have longer lines than they should sometimes ... always nice to get to skip those lines!
::yes:: You're right. FP+ has really inflated the wait times for these, too. I already had FP+ for Pirates later in the week and I was hoping to use a 4th for JC sometime, but being able to knock them both out and free up FP for other things was nice.

I'm one of those people who likes the whole MDE/My Magic +/FP+/Whatever Disney is Selling Us Today thing ... but this is way more complicated than it needs to be. You should be able to easily assign dates and/or priorities to your tickets so that it knows which ones to use first.
There are elements of it that I like and others that I don't. But some of the chaos that ensued when it was first implemented was enough to always make me question and doubt that everything is as it should be...

It's a solid premise, but you make a good point that there should be more user control over ticket use and things like that. Then again, if they let the user modify ticket permissions and the like, how many more guests would end up at Guest Services to fix something that they screwed up themselves?

I really hope this isn't some sort of foreshadowing...
Actually... it isn't.

Sure. That's exciting. Not ridiculous.
(Although in my defense ... I had just seen them on Wednesday. And I don't celebrate Christmas, so one day of seeing a Christmas tree shortly after walking into the park is enough for me).
Also ... you're welcome, because marathon weekend definitely had something to do with that (lately they've been leaving most of the Christmas decorations up for the races).
Ok, Ok, I get it. I love the Christmas decorations in MK though. And you can't tell me you don't like the castle lit up like that???

So ... I think this was our close call of the day.
We didn't stop to watch the parade, but we were headed from Fantasyland over to Big Thunder Mountain (as we always are) and passed by the parade. And had to wait for the parade to pass before we could cross at one point. So we were not in the exact same spot, but we were close.
::yes:: We weren't too far apart! Maybe a few hundred people between us though!

You guys got some great pictures!
But I do kinda see what you're saying. We saw most of the parade while walking past, and I think seeing it from a bit of a distance gave us a good perspective.
::yes:: And the nice thing about this parade is that it is so big and the floats are so large that you really can see it from a distance and you're not really missing out on anything.

Now that this has been publicly stated ... if she ever needs a job reference, she's definitely going to call you. You can verify that she does well in tough situations.
Definitely!

Minus the whole being stuck thing, this sounds like a fun upgrade to the experience.

Yay! I'm not the only one who uses FP+ for IASW!
Well, it all depends on the circumstance.

I'm mean. I won't apologize for that.
I know.

Uh oh. That's not what you want to deal with when you've got a newly potty trained young'un.
Not at all. She had us worried.

So ... I've never seen more than about 5 seconds of it. But that's about 5 seconds too much for me. Seriously. I am with you on this one!
If you've seen 5 seconds, you've seen it all.

Okay, I'm sure that was very frustrating for you when it happened, but ... that's kinda funny. (I already said that I'm mean, you can't expect me not to laugh at that).
I know...

Well than ... that's certainly interesting. And entertaining (but only because nobody got hurt).
::yes:: It would have been less funny if she had got hurt. But clearly her pride was the biggest injury.

I think this may be the first time that my very strange memory has actually benefited me!
Yay for random facts!!!

These Sea World questions are going to be a little harder for me because I've never been to Sea World Orlando, so if it's at all different than San Diego (and I'm guessing it is), all of my guesses will be wrong.
But anyway ... I'm going with a whale. Because you never see those things coming.

The dolphin show
(Is there a dolphin show? That was one of my two favorite things in San Diego ... it was that and the Shamu show, but that was back when trainers were in the water with the whales. Well, that and the Budweiser Clydesdales, but Anheuser Busch no longer owns Sea World.)

Some idiot threw garbage into the tank with the sea lions. Because, well, people are stupid.

I'm going to go with D) 5:30

Of course not. It was a meeting. Who stays awake in meetings?
Got em!

The floats are so huge that I think that there is really some benefit to being a little bit farther back to be able to take it all in.
Both have their benefits and down sides. Next time you can try "my" spot and see how you like it.

:duck:
I know people who were stuck on it so long the CM's turned off the music and put on waders to tow them out of the ride.

I always seem to see something interesting happen with a scooter in the parks. This might just be the best of them.

That is awesome! Seriously though I noticed a major proliferation of scooters in February over my previous trips.

1. 17,031
2. Beluga
3. Pet Show
4. Thunderstorm
5. C - 5:00
6. No...because who wants to be awake for a meeting anyway. :rolleyes:

Our house is tall. It takes a 32' extension ladder to reach the roof. All the rest of the decorations come down the first week of January, but the lights I put up there stay up all year long. The wire is the same color as the trim so I just unplug them.

So how old are those lights exactly??

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I'm not just going to give you bonus points for every gif you post, but Lloyd and Harry just earned you some points.

I want those valueless Andy points! #determined

Ok, this is the first time I have managed to get one from Gaston's Tavern. When they announced Starbucks, the thing that I was most pissed off about was the fact that they were getting rid of the Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls. I used to always stop on the way out of the park to grab one for breakfast. Gaston's being at the back of the park just never has been quite as convenient for this. But I thought the cinnamon roll I had was just as I remembered the ones from Main Street. I thought it was good.

And it wouldn't be my last...

I was never lucky enough (or perhaps wise enough) to try the Main Street bakery cinnamon roll's but I've made their recipe at home. Apparently there is one slight difference between Gaston's and Main Street and that is the use of Maple syrup in their frosting :confused3

And CR's twice in one quick trip?! :faint: You dog, do I envy you.

Just wanted to pop in to say that today has been a little bit stressful. We had an ultrasound and a doctor appointment, and we didn't know this until we got a phone call at 6pm yesterday, but we also were scheduled to meet with a neonatal doctor and a counselor to give us more information. And they dropped some bombs on us. Nothing bad, and things actually look about as good as they can at this stage for the baby, but we were told that they want us to "re-locate" to within 15 minutes of the hospital 2 weeks before the due date. This was the first mention we've had about this and it really caught us off guard. We know we're going to be there for a long time after delivery, but this was a bit of a surprise. We were really hoping to be logging time at work and relaxing at home rather than pacing in a hotel room for 2 weeks.

The time frame for that would basically be the first of June. I don't know if I can get the TR done by then but I'll try. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time while sitting around to pull out my phone and read the Dis, but I don't have a laptop that works worth a crap and replies on the phone are tough.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know we do appreciate the prayers and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Just wanted to pop in to say that today has been a little bit stressful. We had an ultrasound and a doctor appointment, and we didn't know this until we got a phone call at 6pm yesterday, but we also were scheduled to meet with a neonatal doctor and a counselor to give us more information. And they dropped some bombs on us. Nothing bad, and things actually look about as good as they can at this stage for the baby, but we were told that they want us to "re-locate" to within 15 minutes of the hospital 2 weeks before the due date. This was the first mention we've had about this and it really caught us off guard. We know we're going to be there for a long time after delivery, but this was a bit of a surprise. We were really hoping to be logging time at work and relaxing at home rather than pacing in a hotel room for 2 weeks.

The time frame for that would basically be the first of June. I don't know if I can get the TR done by then but I'll try. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time while sitting around to pull out my phone and read the Dis, but I don't have a laptop that works worth a crap and replies on the phone are tough.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know we do appreciate the prayers and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks for the update and will continue praying for you and your family!

Hope you and DW can try and have a relaxing weekend, given the information you were given today.

And no rush on the TR! We'll all be here :goodvibes

Of course the hotel stay will be stressful, but maybe think of it as a time for relieving stress in other areas?
No cooking or cleaning needed at least.
Glad to hear that things are looking "as good as they can", considering some of the alternatives.
Take care of yourself, your wife and your family. Don't worry about us, we'll be here.

We didn’t have any FP+ reserved for any of the Adventureland attractions later in the week so I felt like this would give us a chance to kind of check that part of the park off of our list and maybe give us some time to do a few extra Fantasyland rides.
Sounds like a smart plan.

I know there had been issues with this in the past. I don’t know if that has been corrected, but I didn’t want to risk having to take the time to stop by guest services, so a dummy account would do the trick.
I was wondering the same thing when we go in November. Do I use our Christmas Party tickets to enter and put the fast pass selections on the magic band? Anyone know?:confused3

DD wanted to ride the monorail, but it wasn’t running. She didn’t quite think that was an acceptable response, but we headed for the ferry anyway. Luckily, one was just finishing loading and we were among the last ones on before they closed the gate.
It's not Disney until you get to ride the monorail. At least for my kids that's the case.

We really did enjoy this parade and I’m glad that we had a chance to get there and see the whole thing, finally. We had a great spot to watch the parade, but my only complaint is that we were really too close. The floats are so huge that I think that there is really some benefit to being a little bit farther back to be able to take it all in. You can see from the pictures that it is really hard to fit everything into one shot when you’re so close.
I'm so excited to see this. I think your pictures are great, but I'll keep it in mind not to be too close. My DD watches this parade on you tube all the time. She's so excited to see it.

“Really, this isn’t part of the ride. The boat is broke.”
:rotfl2:I'm sure it was the best a Jungle Cruise ride you ever had.

As 7pm approached, things got a little more difficult though. DD was getting impatient and threw a little bit of a tantrum that resulted in her throwing her sucker on the ground. And I could hardly move from my spot because there were people ready to encroach on our space. We were literally sitting on the curb with our feet in the street and a family came and stood right in front of us. Thankfully a CM quickly came by and told them they’d have to move elsewhere for the parade.
I can relate to all of that. I actually experienced my dad having a tantrum in line at The Great Movie Ride about three years ago. It wasn't pretty.

Then I remembered, I’d been holding that spot for an hour… yeah, sorry…

I did scoot over so that the oldest child who wasn’t in a stroller could sit on the curb next to us, but I figured we’d be sitting the whole time so the kids in the strollers could see around/over us and the adults would be and they’d just have to get over it.
That was really nice of you. We once waited for the parade for an hour and had a front row spot and a woman with an ECV came up saying excuse me as the music started. Everyone let her through. She was really mad we wouldn't do the same. I had four kids and two strollers lined up for an hour to watch. She was really mad, but where could I possibly go?

As Wishes approached, I held DD and she managed to stay awake to see Tink fly from the castle for the first time ever. I really wish they’d put the night time things back to back a little closer. It seems like that dark lull between the parade and the projection show and then the projection show and Wishes is all our kids need to fall asleep so they miss the fireworks almost every time.
Poor baby was exhausted. Think flying is the best.

1. 17,359
2. A seagull
3. The nets. (It was my kids' favorite)
4. Lightning
5. A) 4:00
6. Nope

Just read your life update. I have you and your family in our prayers. I hope you continue to stay strong.

Hey Andy, it's good to hear that things are looking as good as they can for the baby. Don't worry about the TR, we aren't going anywhere. Sending my good thoughts and prayers to you and your family.:hug:

Don't it always?

I was soon holding 3 discount tickets good for an after 2pm admission to the Magic Kingdom!

SCORE!

That's what conventions are for.

so a dummy account would do the trick.

I dunno. Maybe it should be called a "Genius Account".

She didn’t quite think that was an acceptable response

She's smart like her Papa.

Another SCORE!

CM’s were handing out paper FP’s that were good for a select list of attractions in MK.

Good Lord! There's more scoring here than the OSU Women's BB Team.

Well, not most of you.

I wouldn't blame you if you did. I was stuck on it in 2011. Dreadful experience. Totally understand PTSD now.

I went to get some corn dog nuggets and fries for DD and me

Nothing short of perfection here.

And I’d do it again.

Of course you would. And so would I.

pieces of sucker everywhere that turned my shorts into a sticky mess.

Coulda been a worse sticky mess. Just sayin'.

yeah, sorry…

Why?

Why do you get all the good stuff?

Oh gosh, don't even worry about your Trip Report! The dis will still be here waiting whenever you have more time.

I'll continue to keep you and your family in my prayers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter