I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

Holy crap dude. I can't believe you're going back and answering everyone.
That's dedication.

Beautiful pictures.
Thanks

I love that he was considerate to her being shy and aware that she opened up. That really is special that he let her have a do over. I'm sure she just adored him. Goofy is very tall.
::yes:: It was special that he took the extra time and effort.

I remember my first time walking through that queue wondering if it would ever end. You would think they would make a short cut for it and salvage the turns stiles for another ride. They could make a really cute indoor underwater playground with the space.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming!

I love Figment. He was my brother's favorite.
I've always appreciated Figment.

Yuck, pregnant and standing in the sun=not fun.
I wouldn't know myself, but I would imagine you're right.

Yay for Mickey waffles!
I've never had a better kind of waffle.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. One Man's Dream
4. The Great Movie Ride
5. Carrot Cake Cookie
6. Via Napoli
7. Nap
8. Swim
Got em!

1. barely
2. YES! You have to, right?
3. um, you're at HS, goodness, I'm not even sure what was still open.... I'm going with Tot, even though i know it's wrong; just can't think!
4. TSMWM, duh!
5. OO, One of those bread cones filled with mac and cheese?!
6. Mama Melrose
7. Took a bath
8. Went swimming!
Got em!

If you hadn't said "Mouse out front..." I definitely was going to!
I wouldn't expect anything less!

Three actually.
1. wanted to go out and explore
2. wanted to be on time for EMH
3. wasn't dead or comatose.

That last one is usually a really good reason why you wake up.
Ok, valid point.

Thanks for those pics. Brought back some great memories from our first visit to WDW with the DDs.
We stayed in Magnolia and really liked it.
I really fell in love with that resort.

Tapstiles.
Sorry... I don't deal with change well.

I did the same thing on my solo trip.
Went to MK morning EMH.
"I'm going to ride BTMRR now!"

Nope.

Splash? Nope.
Pirates? Nope.
HM? Nope.
Because why would they actually open something you'd want to do during EMH???

Living w/the land was down? It's supposed to be open for EMH.
Yeah, well, it wasn't that day.

You've mentioned this before and will again.
Did she go on her own at home?
Just wondering if she felt you were stepping on her independence or something.
Yeah, I know it has been a while, but you might remember mention that we had a hard time getting her to ever potty train. Like she'd hold it for hours until she was physically in pain but refused to use the potty. We gave up trying just to avoid causing her bladder infections or something and figured she'd get it on her own. On Christmas eve, about 2 1/2 weeks prior to this trip, she decided to use the potty and had been doing so since. We were just trying to encourage her to try to make herself go because she wasn't wanting to go until it was an urgent need.

All the other guests had fled in terror... but you were happy, so it's all good.
What other guests? Who's crazy enough to line up for a character meet half an hour before it opens???

Not surprising. That's one massive rodent.
::yes::

I dunno. They seem to not rush the kids. Plus with all the breaks they get... I dunno.
True. But the way they push you through those things like an assembly line, I'm pretty impressed with Goofy getting a chance to come back to us after we've passed his station.

Still haven't seen that movie.
It's good. Not the best, but it is worth watching.

Who am I kidding. This was months ago. You've probably seen it by now.

That queue.... :sad2:

If there's ever more than six or eight people in there at any one time...
Exactly. Longest queue in the park for one of the shortest lines.

Too bad. Turtle Talk is awesome.
It is.

When I was a kid, there was no Epcot, so I obviously don't have your connection.

But.

When the DDs were 4 & 8, they loved that ride.
It was their favourite ride of all four parks.

When we went again four years later, they couldn't wait to ride it again.
So they did.

"We actually liked that ride before????" :laughing:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I feel their pain. This is definitely a case where they should have never done the refurb.

Yeah, I can see how you'd get a little ticked.
Just a little...

That sounds awful.
It was morning, so not too hot. But can you imagine being penned in there in the heat of the day in the summer??
Oh gosh. There's no frickin way... :faint:

Okay. So food was excellent. Potato casserole was incredible. Excuse me, it was incredible!!!
But... the food wasn't worth the price of admission.

You sir, are a hard man to please.
Here have some incredibly delicious potato casserole... that'll cost you a Benjamin.

Get it???

And yes... I knew that's what you meant.
Ok, good!

Glad you tried it and really enjoyed it but not worth it.

Got it.

I think.

Maybe.
:sad2:

I liked it too. Rode it for the first time last year.
I always enjoy that ride. I really don't know why. It isn't one of the best attractions in Disney World by any means, but I never get tired of riding it. Which is good because our kids always want to ride it too. I think part of it is just the atmosphere and setting inside the Mexico pavilion.

wobble much?
Nope! I only had one!

20 minutes? What the heck??

Hey! I resent... I... yeah. okay. That's pretty accurate.
Yeah, there's no arguing that you're a character.

Too tired to think straight, so... here goes nothing.
1. yes.
2. yes (You better!)
3. Only thing I'd pick would've been Star Wars Launch Bay, but.... so I'll pick One Man's Dream
4. TSMM
5. Carrot cake cookie
6. sci fi
7. nap
8. pool
Got em!

OMG I would have been so frustrated by that situation at Epcot EMH....when you drag yourself outta bed that early...well...everything should be up and running...sigh. Oh well...I'm glad you made the best of it and saw some characters etc. Akershus I have wanted to try for the princesses really...too bad about the wait though. Food sounds decent enough.
The EMH experience was less than spectacular. I'll take the blame for not doing enough research, but come on! Open more attractions!

The food at Akershus was great. I enjoyed it but the price point is on the steep side for what you really get there.

1. Would we make it in time to use the first FP+? (25 points) No.

2. Will I ride RnRC? (50 points) Yes.

3. What attraction do I get to try for the first time? (15 points) Frozen sing along

4. Which ride breaking down really screwed up our day? (15 points) Toy Story

5. What snack did I try for the first time? (15 points) Carrot Cake Cookie

6. Where did we eat dinner? (25 points) 50's Prime Time

7. What did DW do when we got back to the resort? (10 points) Took a nap

8. What did DD and I do when we got back to the resort? (10 points) Went for a swim
Got em!

Holy crap dude. I can't believe you're going back and answering everyone.
That's dedication.
There's really not that many... I'm not going back through all the comments, but at least the ones relevant to the last update. I've got to calculate points anyway.

Cool! I had a room just a floor above this a little closer to the pool. (in October 2014, not during your trip, obviously) I thought it was a good location.
I loved the location. I don't think I could have requested anything better. It wasn't too terribly far from the parking lot, the view was nice and it was quick and easy access to the bridge and the lobby area.

Really? See, that's partly why I read these trip reports. I never would have guessed that so many things were shut for EMH.
Yeah, who would have thunk?

The queue is terrible on that ride (I like the ride, just not the queue). I saw an elderly gentleman really struggle and get upset trying to maneuver his ECV through it around the tight turns. I'm not sure if there's a detour for them, but I felt bad for him and thought they should have designed it better.
Oh yeah... never even considered that.

I don't have a farm background, but I have always enjoyed Living with the Land, even as a kid. I have always liked the farmhouse scene and wished I could live in a place like that :)
I do live in a place like that!

Trust me, old farm houses aren't all they're cracked up to be. They have their issues.

I feel the same way. I remember the original when I was 9 years old. My mother loved Figment and bought a dream catcher that hung in our kitchen window for about 15 years, so I have a soft spot for the little purple guy. A couple weeks ago on the Dis unplugged podcast their guest Big Fat Panda suggested they turn it into a Figment based ride in the trackless style of Mystic Manor in Hong Kong DL, which I thought would be amazing.
I like it! I've always appreciated Figment, but man, does that ride need some help.

My family has done the Akershus breakfast three times and we've always enjoyed it. We always thought it was pretty decent food. Obviously a bit expensive, but as you say you pay for the characters. Having two girls who want to meet ALL the princesses each trip, it really cuts down on meet & greet wait times dong the character meal.
Yeah, that's pretty much the moral of the story. Good food, not worth the price, but you get to see princesses.

1. Yes, but almost miss it

2. Yes

3. One Man’s Dream

4. TSMM

5. Carrot cake cookie

6. Via Napoli

7. Lie down/rest

8. see Yee Haw Bob (obviously the popular answer is swimming, but I'll take a shot in the dark and assume that it was too chilly for swimming in the evening)
Got em!

This is understandable, I generally just assume most things are open for EMH lol
Yeah, no kidding!

I love all your character pictures, they are adorable!. And Goofy :lovestruc, a nice little touch of Disney magic there.
It was a great experience in the Character Spot. I'm glad Goofy went the extra mile.

:rotfl:what's breakfast in disney without mickey waffles?!
Apparently it's a typical breakfast unless you know the secret menu!

1. Yes
2. of course!
3. One Man's Dream
4. Toy Story
5. Some type of Star Wars cupcake
6. Via Napoli
7. relaxed / sleep
8. Watch the outsde movie they play at the resort
Got em!

1. Yes
2. Yes. Why go to Disney if you don't ride RnRC....
3. Frozen Sing
4. RnRC
5. Darth Vader Cupcake
6. 50's Prime Time
7. Call family
8. Swim
Got em!

Wow, POR looks really beautiful in the early morning light. I love that place!
::yes:: Me too. I really fell in love with that resort.

Dang, slow going on this particular day, with EMH kind of being a bust for the rides you wanted to do and then the wait for your ADR. Yeah, my wife would've been fuming to see other people taken quicker than you when it's already past your ADR time. That corral reminds me of waiting for signatures at Star Wars Weekends a couple of years ago...James and I had to wait in a little square area, encircled by velvet ropes. It sucked basically.
Yeah, sucked is an accurate description.

Love the title for the update :thumbsup2. Sorry about EMH that's a lot of walking to do so early in the day. Love the meet with Goofy, how awesome that he took extra time with her. I completely understand your frustration about akershus, if I was DW and pregnant I probably just would have sat on the ground :rotfl2:. Seems like a good morning overall though, especially if it ended with la cava margarita :drinking1
I actually think sitting on the ground might have come into play at one point.

Oh no, that really sucks...
Yes. It did.

Ugh, I can see how that could be so frustrating.
At least you were able to go on SE and be first in line to meet Mickey and friends...
I guess there's a silver lining to everything...

I love this picture too cute!
Thanks

:jumping1::hyper::hyper::hyper: AHHH! I love this. I can't wait to meet him in July!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
So... I guess since that was a couple of months ago, did you?

And I guess there's probably another TR that I'm behind on now...

LOL:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That's so cute!
It was funny.

I am glad you all enjoyed your breakfast. I have eaten dinner at Akhershus and really enjoyed it.
I liked it, but it was dang expensive.

I don't think they had this last Spring...I am looking forward to seeing it this summer!
I think it was pretty new when we were there.

Launch Bay.

Butterfinger Cupcake...or some kind of cupcake from Starring Rolls.

Go swimming!
Got em!

Ok, I think that's all the contest entries and replies from the last TR update. If I missed something let me know. I'm going to try to work on getting an actual TR update posted sometime soon-ish!

Sorry... I don't deal with change well.

Me too. I prefer bills.

What other guests? Who's crazy enough to line up for a character meet half an hour before it opens???

No one.

True. But the way they push you through those things like an assembly line, I'm pretty impressed with Goofy getting a chance to come back to us after we've passed his station.

Oh! Hadn't thought of that part.

It's good. Not the best, but it is worth watching.

Who am I kidding. This was months ago. You've probably seen it by now.

::yes::

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I feel their pain. This is definitely a case where they should have never done the refurb.

Both times were after the refurb.

Here have some incredibly delicious potato casserole... that'll cost you a Benjamin.

Get it???

Got it.

Yeah, there's no arguing that you're a character.

:laughing:

Have you ever been at a party and you're walking by a group of people and sort of overhear one of the most FASCINATING conversations you've ever heard? That's what it's like jumping into this TR at page 40. Awesome TR, awesome fam, and congratulations on the boy and his improving health!

So, welcome back! I'm also impressed that you managed to get through all those shout-outs! But, it did help me remember where the heck you were in your TR, after all this time, so thanks. :goodvibes

Same Old Song and Dance

Yeah, my title has nothing to do with this particular update. But I wanted to use an Aerosmith song title and this was the closest I could think of. Bonus points if anyone can name an Aerosmith song that better fits this update.

When I last updated… you know, back in May, we had just boarded a boat to take us from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios. We had an hour window to get there to use a FP window that was quickly closing. Especially as we sat for 20 minutes waiting to get underway. They finally got going, but after the first stop, it became clear that we weren’t likely going to make our window. We sat what felt like an eternity at each dock between the parks.

Our first FP was for DW and DD to see Disney Junior. Being that it was a show FP, being late just wasn’t going to work. If I recall I think we could have probably made it if we busted our butts from the boat, but DW wasn’t feeling up for that.

I had made a FP for myself to ride Star Tours while they did Disney Junior, but I didn’t want to abandon them if they couldn’t go there. We talked it over and she told me to go ahead and ride Star Tours. She wanted to do some shopping anyway, so I’d go ride and then meet up with them near the shops.

I proceeded through the line without even stopping and given the fact that I was by myself, I was sent directly to a speeder getting ready to board. The CM opened the doors, took one step into the speeder and then told us to turn around. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but he clearly smelled something. He walked up and down every row and finally located the offending odor below a seat in one of the middle rows. He called for a protein spill clean-up and moved us over to another speeder to wait for a ride.

Our ride was smooth and thankfully there were no protein spills in our speeder.

I got out and started walking toward the front of the park. I called DW while I was walking, but she didn’t answer. I walked around for a little bit wandering through the shops but couldn’t find her. I tried calling again. This time she answered. She sounded a little bit stressed. She said she was buying clothes for DD and told me to meet her near the entrance to the Beauty and the Beast show.

As it turns out, DD finally decided she needed to use the restroom. She was being independent and wanted to go into a stall by herself though. She proceeded to fail to make it onto the toilet before the floodgates burst. She needed an entirely new outfit, including shoes.

$80 later, she ended up with some Minnie Mouse crocs, Frozen underwear and a new outfit from one of the gift shops.

Our primary reason for the little trip over to DHS was to ride TSMM. We all enjoy the ride and we wanted to make sure we had a chance to get FPs and ride it. By the time we got DD dressed again, it was time to use our FP. We walked back over to Pixar Place, parked the stroller and proceeded to the FP line for TSMM… only to find out it had just closed. They didn’t know how long it would be down, but they weren’t letting anyone in the line.

So… the one thing that we really made the effort to come to DHS for is now closed. So now what do we do?

Since we were close to the Animation Courtyard, we decided to let DD meet some characters. First up was Sofia.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR1_7579057243_1.jpeg.html

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR1_7579058803_1.jpeg.html]

Next up was Doc McStuffins.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR4_7579081859_1.jpeg.html

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR4_7579081863_1.jpeg.html]
http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR4_7579081863_1.jpeg.html

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR4_7579081862_1.jpeg.html]

We headed back out into the courtyard after meeting some Disney Junior friends and saw these guys out on patrol. It was awesome seeing them, but it was weird how they interacted with people. They pretty much ignored anyone trying to take a picture or a selfie with them, but then they went out of their way to harass some foreign guy who was standing off by himself and seemingly had no clue why they were talking to him.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/20160114_153348_1.jpg.html

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/20160114_153143_1.jpg.html]

We have a Disney Visa card so we decided to head into the Launch Bay and try the free character meet. We got in line and there was only one group ahead of us so our wait was extremely short, especially compared to the 25 minute posted wait for the regular meet & greet lines.

They do a good job of hiding you around a corner there so that you can’t see into the meet area to see who you’re meeting, but we were still close enough to hear the heavy breathing of Darth Vader.

The group in front of us went in and a girl in the group asked him if his name was Ellie.

I laughed.

He didn’t.

It was our turn and he went in. I’m not typically into the character meets, but I’m a Star Wars fan and here I am standing in front of Darth Vader. I might have had a stupid grin on my face and made a few comments.

But he had no interest in interacting with me. Not at all.

He went straight to DD.

She wasn’t impressed. In fact she was terrified. I forget what he said but he got right in her face and did the force choke hand motion. I’m just proud of her for not having a total and complete meltdown, but I had to turn and position myself between her and him.

I mean it was a really cool setting and a fantastic Darth Vader. I like the fact that he’s in character, but I think he could be in character and still not traumatize a 3 year old girl, you know what I mean? I usually give Disney characters props for reading the audience and acting accordingly, but he could clearly see she wanted nothing to do with him. He still could have made threats at me or DW or something that wouldn’t be as threatening to the kid, but it was literally like she was the only one there. He never really acknowledged me or DW in any way at all.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/STUDIO_LBVISACHAR_7579069672_1.jpeg.html

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/STUDIO_LBVISACHAR_7579067593_1.jpeg.html]

It was cool to see him. I’m glad we did it with the short line, but I wasn’t blown away by the whole experience. He was great about being in character, but when you’re worrying more about trying to keep your kid from having a meltdown, it really puts a damper on it.

Oh well, I guess now we don’t even have to worry about Vader. Just that whiny brat Ben Solo.

As we exited Launch Bay, Disney Junior had a show getting ready to begin. Since we’d missed their FP earlier, DW and DD headed over to see the show. I decided to head over to Sunset Blvd to use my other FP and check on the best ride ever.

I had reserved a FP for myself for ToT, so I went to use it!

But apparently it didn’t really happen because they didn’t get that picture in our Memory Maker. So you’ll just have to take my word for it.

Or not. Your choice!

After visiting the Twilight Zone, I went to check on Rock N Rollercoaster. My favorite ride. I just can’t go and not ride it, right?

Well, I approached the queue, planning to go to the single rider line. The CM there told someone the Single Rider wait was over 60 minutes.

CRAP!

I checked the Lines App to see what it was showing. It had Single Rider listed at 45 minutes.

I strongly debated it. I wanted to ride so bad. If I had been there by myself, I wouldn’t have hesitated. I’ll wait that long for it anytime.

But I wasn’t by myself. DW and DD would be getting out of their show soon. We still had FP for TSMM that we hoped to use if it came back online. And frankly I know DW was about done. The bathroom incident wasn’t any fun, this was turning out to be the hottest day of our trip… not July hot by any means, but it was high 70’s by this point. We hadn’t had a break and I knew that we were beginning to get to the point in the day where I just couldn’t push it. It just about killed me but I had to sadly walk away from Rock N Rollercoaster. And this is where my title for this update comes in. Seems my efforts to ride RnRC have been a challenge the last few trips. Curse you, FP+!!!!

I checked the Disney app and it showed that TSMM was back up and running. I walked over to verify myself that it was indeed open and I figured I still had a few minutes before DW and DD would get out of the show. I decided to slip into One Man’s Dream for the first time ever. I’ve always wanted to see it, but it isn’t something that the kids would want to do and since they apparently don’t let strollers in I’ve never attempted it. I wish I’d had more time to really check it all out, but I didn’t want to keep them waiting so I just made a quick stroll through the exhibit. At least I got to see it.

I actually timed it perfectly because I got over to the Animation Courtyard just as they were walking out of Disney Junior. We headed over to TSMM and got in line with our FP. We made it just inside the door when the ride went offline once again.

CRAP!

We weren’t sure what to do. We literally had nothing else in DHS that we really wanted to do. The whole day was planned around us getting to ride TSMM. They weren’t telling people to leave, so we chose to wait.

5 minutes passed and people started leaving the line. We moved a little closer.

10 minutes passed and more left. We could see the 3D glasses.

15 minutes passed and enough people left that we had 3D glasses in hand and were close to the CM at the bottom of the stairs.

Then DD said she needed to go to the bathroom.

This can’t be real.

We were literally turning around and preparing to walk out of the line when they got the ride back online. We asked DD if she could wait long enough to ride and she said she could.

In hindsight, this was probably a really stupid idea given the reliability of the ride that afternoon. I’m not sure if she could have made it through a 20 minute breakdown sitting in one of the cars. But that was all beside the point. We got on, we rode and everybody was happy.

But we were also hitting a wall.

It had been a long day.

Our plan all along was to go back to EPCOT and spend some leisurely evening time in the World Showcase and maybe even stay for Illuminations. I knew DW was about done, so I offered to let her and DD ride the bus back to POR and I’d go get the truck, or I’d even take DD with me and she could go back by herself. But she always likes getting nachos at the Cantina in the Mexico pavilion and we hadn’t had those yet so she was all for making a quick trip through EPCOT to eat dinner.

Even though the boat trip bit us on the way to DHS, I wasn’t about to suggest walking to DW. We got in line for the boat and this time we didn’t have any crazy waits.

What we did have was some impressive scooter driving. A lady drove a scooter onto the boat and parked in the open area in the back. Pretty uneventful. We were sitting near the open area for the scooters, and I actually had the stroller folded and DD was sitting on DW’s lap so we literally had a front row seat for the show that was about to happen.

A second scooter loaded into the boat. This one came bouncing off the dock, I'm pretty sure she caught some air, and onto the back of the boat. Without slowing down she whipped a U turn through the door, tires squealing and parked it squarely into the vacant spot next to the scooter already on the boat.

12135471_1679616325607222_871924366_n.jpg

I was impressed with her parking prowess. Clearly she knew how to drive a scooter!

Her stop was the Dolphin and that’s when things got interesting. As smoothly as she slid that scooter into that parking spot, she quickly proved that she sure as hell couldn’t get it back out.

She backed up hitting someone standing behind her. She still didn’t have an angle to get out the door, she pulled up slamming into the wall of the boat. She backed up again smoking the scooter that she was parked next to. I’ll just keep it short. Picture someone backing up and pulling forward on a scooter about 10 times with the wheels turned at various angles. There was an opening plenty wide for her to back out of the spot and go out the door and she managed to hit everything but that open space. I was glad DD wasn’t sitting in the stroller and it was folded in my lap, because the stroller next to us got hit twice.

It kind of reminded me of a scene from Days of Thunder.

She finally just stood up, got off the scooter and gave a defeated shrug. The rest of her group had been sitting outside on the back deck of the boat and they were standing on the dock waiting for her. She walked off the boat and sent someone else back to get on the scooter, back it out the door and get it off the boat for her.

Her perfect parking job, coming in hot with a full head of steam was apparently a product of pure dumb luck. Because she clearly had no scooter driving skills.

See… I always see interesting things with scooters. Always.

The rest of our boat ride was uneventful. We got to the International Gateway with the goal of getting to Mexico for dinner. Since we’d already walked from Mexico going past Norway and China, we decided to go the other way so that we could say we got to see all of World Showcase even if we weren’t going to be able to take the time to leisurely explore it.

It also helped me with my ulterior motive.

I’ve heard of this snack that everyone raves about. I’d never had one and that needed to change.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m talking about the cronut.

And I guess my review will be kind of anticlimactic. It was good. But I can't say that it was worth all the hype and the cost. Honestly, my friend’s mom makes basically the same thing and her version is actually better. Sorry. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved the cronut, but I’d rather have hers for a fraction of the cost.

We continued on around to Mexico and ordered our nachos for dinner at the Cantina. After we ate DD wanted to go see Donald. I thought she meant the ride, but apparently she remembered seeing Donald outside meeting guests when we walked past earlier in the day and she wanted to go give him a hug.

DW wanted to go to Karmel Kuche and get some caramel corn so she went to take care of that while DD and I waited to meet Donald.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/EPCOT_WSMEX_7579303239_1.jpeg.html

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/EPCOT_WSMEX_7579303238_1.jpeg.html]
http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/EPCOT_WSMEX_7579303238_1.jpeg.html

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/fixy2273/media/EPCOT_WSMEX_7579303237_1.jpeg.html]

And of course, after we met Donald, she just had to go ride the ride again. I’m not one to argue, but I wanted to check with DW and see where she was so I could decide whether to take DD and then meet DW after we ride or just wait and we could all go ride together. As I was getting ready to call, someone from the conference I had attended was walking past and he stopped to talk to me for a little bit. By the time he moved on DW was there so we all went in for a quick ride.

It was still fairly early in the evening but we knew we weren’t going to hang around for Illuminations. We headed for the exit with a stop in Mouse Gears to buy a few Ariel things for DD’s upcoming birthday party as well as some Star Wars gear to bring home for DS.

We headed out and after a few quick pictures we were out of the park before 7:30. That’s pretty much unheard of for us to be out of the parks so early in the evening.

When we got back to our room at POR it was still before 8. We had some time before we needed to be in bed. DW wanted to get the clothes that DD had peed on washed so she headed out to do some laundry while I took DD to the pool for a quick swim.

After all that we showered and were in bed by just after 9 and resting up for our last day in the parks.

Contest Results:

1. Would we make it in time to use the first FP+? (25 points) No

2. Will I ride RnRC? (50 points) No

3. What attraction do I get to try for the first time? (15 points) One Man’s Dream

4. Which ride breaking down really screwed up our day? (15 points) Toy Story

5. What snack did I try for the first time? (15 points) Cronut

6. Where did we eat dinner? (25 points) La Cantina de San Angel

7. What did DW do when we got back to the resort? (10 points) Laundry

8. What did DD and I do when we got back to the resort? (10 points) Swim

Bonus Points:

Vrajewski: 5 points for being the first to answer, 5 points for answering all questions wrong.

Gracefulskinny: 5 points for eating in EPCOT

Poolrat: 5 points for eating in EPCOT

Goofyfan1515: 25 points for joining late

Points for this Round:

Gracefulskinny 80

cindianne 320 50

Goofyfan1515 50

pkondz 40

Captain_Oblivious 40

Dugette 40

Chillitsanne 30

Terra Nova Guy 30

Poolrat 30

jandlinz 25

SarahDisney 25

FantasiaMagic 25

MissMaryQC 25

Franandaj 15

Leshaface 15

6travel 10

vrajewski10513 10

Overall Leaderboard:

pkondz 551

jandlinz 496

Captain_Oblivious 480.5

cindianne 320 465

chillitsanne 458.5

SarahDisney 450

6travel 441

Franandaj 437

Terra Nova Guy 414

Gracefulskinny 388

FantasiaMagic 387

Dugette 385

Natebenma 320

Leshaface 285

ashw100 265

vrajewski10513 247

MissMaryQC 180

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 176

SoccerDogWithEars 164

amazingact21 155

ursalita 85

vernie822 80

Poolrat 75

Goofyfan1515 50

Questions for the next update:

1. We just had our energy zapped by the hottest day of our trip. What weather surprise will we have the next day? (20 points)

2. How many characters will we meet before lunch? (50 points)

3. We went to MK. Where did we eat lunch? (20 points)

4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points)

5. What would DW do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points)

6. What would DD and I do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points)

7. What Disney snack will I get to try for the first time ever? (15 points)[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

Have you ever been at a party and you're walking by a group of people and sort of overhear one of the most FASCINATING conversations you've ever heard? That's what it's like jumping into this TR at page 40. Awesome TR, awesome fam, and congratulations on the boy and his improving health!
Thanks. That's quite the compliment! Thanks for joining in!

So, welcome back! I'm also impressed that you managed to get through all those shout-outs! But, it did help me remember where the heck you were in your TR, after all this time, so thanks. :goodvibes
:rotfl2: I needed a refresher too! I'm glad I can still interpret my notes!

Especially as we sat for 20 minutes waiting to get underway.
This is making me nervous. I hate being late.

but he clearly smelled something.
Ewwwwwww!

Good to know.

As it turns out, DD finally decided she needed to use the restroom. She was being independent and wanted to go into a stall by herself though. She proceeded to fail to make it onto the toilet before the floodgates burst. She needed an entirely new outfit, including shoes.
As a parent I think we have all had a kid do this.

TSMM… only to find out it had just closed.
Bummer.

Since we were close to the Animation Courtyard, we decided to let DD meet some characters. First up was Sofia.
Your daughter takes such great photos with the characters and she's really rocking that new outfit.

Feeling a little left out? It is strange that he kept trying to interact with your daughter even though she did not want to.

My favorite ride!

I checked the Lines App to see what it was showing. It had Single Rider listed at 45 minutes.
Another bummer. Sorry you missed it.

But of, course that's the way it always work. I'm glad she made it through the ride.

And I guess my review will be kind of anticlimactic.
I've never had one, don't think I'll be one anytime soon.

DW wanted to go to Karmel Kuche
This is my idea of a treat. I love this store!

Overall a really nice afternoon and night.

Yeah, my title has nothing to do with this particular update. But I wanted to use an Aerosmith song title and this was the closest I could think of.

Bonus points if anyone can name an Aerosmith song that better fits this update.

Well, considering how hard you were trying to get on TSMM...
And, more appropriately, how desperately you wanted to get on RNR (and didn't)...

I'm gonna have to go with:
"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"

When I last updated… you know, back in May

Yeah! What's with that! Slacker!!

:rolleyes1

Especially as we sat for 20 minutes waiting to get underway.

Ugh. Of course.
It's a rule. The more desperately you need to be somewhere is proportional to the amount of time it's going to take to get there.

We sat what felt like an eternity at each dock between the parks.

Of course you did.

If I recall I think we could have probably made it if we busted our butts from the boat, but DW wasn’t feeling up for that.

No butt busting for DW. Check.

I had made a FP for myself to ride Star Tours while they did Disney Junior, but I didn’t want to abandon them if they couldn’t go there.

Darn...

We talked it over and she told me to go ahead and ride Star Tours.

But DW saves the day!

He walked up and down every row and finally located the offending odor below a seat in one of the middle rows. He called for a protein spill clean-up and moved us over to another speeder to wait for a ride.

ew.

But I suppose that's gonna happen from time to time.

She sounded a little bit stressed. She said she was buying clothes for DD

When I read that, I first thought "Why is shopping for clothes stressful? I know my DW enjoys shopping for the girls."

Oh. That's why the stress.

Oy.

$80 later, she ended up with some Minnie Mouse crocs, Frozen underwear and a new outfit from one of the gift shops.

:sad2: And Disney thanks you. And we thank you for helping keep Disney costs low since they just made their budget goals for the year.

We walked back over to Pixar Place, parked the stroller and proceeded to the FP line for TSMM… only to find out it had just closed.

Oh, for Pete's sake!

So… the one thing that we really made the effort to come to DHS for is now closed. So now what do we do?

Well, that smile makes the whole trip worth it, doesn't it?

but then they went out of their way to harass some foreign guy who was standing off by himself and seemingly had no clue why they were talking to him.

:laughing: I wonder what he was thinking?
Maybe he's one of those rare individuals who's never seen the movies.
"Is this security? What have I done?"

They do a good job of hiding you around a corner there so that you can’t see into the meet area to see who you’re meeting, but we were still close enough to hear the heavy breathing of Darth Vader.

Cool! On the reveal and on who it was.

The group in front of us went in and a girl in the group asked him if his name was Ellie.

I laughed.

He didn’t.

:laughing:

He went straight to DD.

She wasn’t impressed. In fact she was terrified. I forget what he said but he got right in her face and did the force choke hand motion. I’m just proud of her for not having a total and complete meltdown, but I had to turn and position myself between her and him.

Whoopsie.

but I think he could be in character and still not traumatize a 3 year old girl, you know what I mean?

Well... he is evil after all.
Ya gotta get him after he dies.

It was cool to see him. I’m glad we did it with the short line, but I wasn’t blown away by the whole experience. He was great about being in character, but when you’re worrying more about trying to keep your kid from having a meltdown, it really puts a damper on it.

Yeah I can see that.

But apparently it didn’t really happen because they didn’t get that picture in our Memory Maker. So you’ll just have to take my word for it.

Sucks.
What I've been doing (last 3 trips, since MBs were introduced) is looking for my picture and then scanning the MB.
They say it isn't necessary, but.... then why do I have pictures of perfect strangers on my account?

After visiting the Twilight Zone, I went to check on Rock N Rollercoaster. My favorite ride. I just can’t go and not ride it, right?

Right!

Well, I approached the queue, planning to go to the single rider line. The CM there told someone the Single Rider wait was over 60 minutes.

CRAP!

Are you kidding me?!?!?
I've never seen single rider like that!
I wonder if it had broken down too..... or, maybe.... it's because TSMM was down. What else are you going to do?

It just about killed me but I had to sadly walk away from Rock N Rollercoaster.

I can't even imagine.

We headed over to TSMM and got in line with our FP. We made it just inside the door when the ride went offline once again.

Okay, now you've got to be kidding! Seriously???

15 minutes passed and enough people left that we had 3D glasses in hand and were close to the CM at the bottom of the stairs.

This can’t be real.

:faint:

People who insist Disney is for kids, obviously have never been to Disney with kids.

We were literally turning around and preparing to walk out of the line when they got the ride back online. We asked DD if she could wait long enough to ride and she said she could.

Thank goodness.

We got in line for the boat and this time we didn’t have any crazy waits.

Sure. You weren't desperate to get anywhere. Remember the rule.

A second scooter loaded into the boat. This one came bouncing off the dock, I'm pretty sure she caught some air, and onto the back of the boat. Without slowing down she whipped a U turn through the door, tires squealing and parked it squarely into the vacant spot next to the scooter already on the boat.

Whoa. Obviously a true professional.

ahem.

Her stop was the Dolphin and that’s when things got interesting. As smoothly as she slid that scooter into that parking spot, she quickly proved that she sure as hell couldn’t get it back out.

Oh, boy.

It kind of reminded me of a scene from Days of Thunder.

:laughing: But I can't for the life of me remember why he had to do that?

She walked off the boat and sent someone else back to get on the scooter, back it out the door and get it off the boat for her.

What is with you and scooters, dude?

It also helped me with my ulterior motive.

I already know where this is going. Even without reading ahead.

Honestly, my friend’s mom makes basically the same thing and her version is actually better. Sorry. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved the cronut, but I’d rather have hers for a fraction of the cost.

:laughing: This kills me. All that hype and.... "Mom's friend does it better."

After we ate DD wanted to go see Donald. I thought she meant the ride, but apparently she remembered seeing Donald outside meeting guests when we walked past earlier in the day and she wanted to go give him a hug.

I love this kind of thing.
When the little one says "I want to do... that."
Whatever the "that" happens to be.

DW wanted to go to Karmel Kuche and get some caramel corn

Smart woman.

Beautiful shot.

1. We just had our energy zapped by the hottest day of our trip. What weather surprise will we have the next day? (20 points)

4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points)

7. What Disney snack will I get to try for the first time ever? (15 points)

1. Rain
2. 4
3. BOG
4. This is a tough one. You may have had the urge for 7DMT, but I doubt there were any available. You've got DD with you... barnstormer?
5. Well, sounds like laundry's done, so... nap.
6. I'm really tempted to say "pool" again... but I'll go with arcade.
7. popcorn

Yay for an update!

Yeah, my title has nothing to do with this particular update. But I wanted to use an Aerosmith song title and this was the closest I could think of. Bonus points if anyone can name an Aerosmith song that better fits this update.

I don't wanna miss a ride on Rock N Rollercoaster (but sadly did :worried:)

Good thing!

At least she was close!

I love that you were wearing that shirt for this meet! Too bad he didn't making a comment/gesture for that.

12135471_1679616325607222_871924366_n.jpg

I was impressed with her parking prowess. Clearly she knew how to drive a scooter

This whole story made me laugh and i love the ace venture reference.

ure someone backing up and pulling forward on a scooter about 10 times with the wheels turned at various angles. There was an opening plenty wide for her to back out of the spot and go out the door and she managed to hit everything but that open space. I was glad DD wasn’t sitting in the stroller and it was folded in my lap, because the stroller next to us got hit twice.

I pictured:

[/QUOTE]

This is a great picture!

1. hotter than the day before
2. 3
3. Peco Bills
4. big thunder
5. pack
6. swim
7. popcorn

I'm going to have to remember that trick to get a new outfit (including crocs)...sounds like a winner.

Strange that Darth would keep up the whole imposing "dark lord of the sith" routine when your daughter obviously wasn't playing along. By the way, I know you're tall, but still, he looks a little short for Darth Vader. I'm not so sure that really was Darth Vader!

I'm not sure what it is about you and scooters. You always have the best stories.

Great picture of Spaceship Earth also.

So glad your little guy is doing well and you can come back to your TR.
I came late to you story, actually from Steppesister when you got news about baby. I don't comment a whole lot on the DIS (trying to do it a little more) but wanted to come by here and let you know I was thinking of you and your family.
Of course I got hooked on your adventure. So glad you have started it again. I commend you for going back and replying to everyone, that was really nice.
So glad you got on TSM finally, I was even sad that you didn't get to do RnR. It's such a good ride. The scooter encounter must have been a sight. I feel from the comments that this is a "thing" of yours. I may have to find my way to some of your other TRs.....any suggestion?
Thanks again for not leave us "hanging" here

Yeah... well, I can't say anything about someone missing out on anything after my absence.
meh when I get a moment I'll see if photos in Google Photo link in just as well as the ones from Photobucket. Atleast you've poked in recently. I haven't done that on mine yet. lol.

*Shrug* I'm not great with Aerosmith song titles.

When I last updated… you know, back in May
:rotfl2:Still beats out my last update I believe!

we had just boarded a boat to take us from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios. We had an hour window to get there to use a FP window that was quickly closing. Especially as we sat for 20 minutes waiting to get underway. They finally got going, but after the first stop, it became clear that we weren’t likely going to make our window. We sat what felt like an eternity at each dock between the parks.
Hey! Thanks for the recap!

The CM opened the doors, took one step into the speeder and then told us to turn around.
Uh oh!

He walked up and down every row and finally located the offending odor below a seat in one of the middle rows. He called for a protein spill clean-up and moved us over to another speeder to wait for a ride.
:crazy2:

:thumbsup2

As it turns out, DD finally decided she needed to use the restroom. She was being independent and wanted to go into a stall by herself though.
Oh thats never a great combo! :rotfl:

She proceeded to fail to make it onto the toilet before the floodgates burst. She needed an entirely new outfit, including shoes.
Poor DD

:earseek: Ouch Poor Daddy's wallet!!!!

We walked back over to Pixar Place, parked the stroller and proceeded to the FP line for TSMM… only to find out it had just closed. They didn’t know how long it would be down, but they weren’t letting anyone in the line.
:headache:

Awa! :thumbsup2 And At least the $80 looks cute and wearable for a while.

They pretty much ignored anyone trying to take a picture or a selfie with them, but then they went out of their way to harass some foreign guy who was standing off by himself and seemingly had no clue why they were talking to him.
:rotfl:

It was our turn and he went in. I’m not typically into the character meets, but I’m a Star Wars fan and here I am standing in front of Darth Vader. I might have had a stupid grin on my face and made a few comments.

He went straight to DD.
:rotfl2:

She wasn’t impressed. In fact she was terrified.
:sad1: poor thing.....

I mean it was a really cool setting and a fantastic Darth Vader. I like the fact that he’s in character, but I think he could be in character and still not traumatize a 3 year old girl, you know what I mean?
:sad2: Not sure what we would have done in that setting.

but it was literally like she was the only one there. He never really acknowledged me or DW in any way at all.
:confused3

He was great about being in character, but when you’re worrying more about trying to keep your kid from having a meltdown, it really puts a damper on it.
::yes:: Yeah I would be out of there real quick too.

I actually timed it perfectly because I got over to the Animation Courtyard just as they were walking out of Disney Junior.
:cheer2: Hurray!

We headed over to TSMM and got in line with our FP. We made it just inside the door when the ride went offline once again.
Boo!!!!

A second scooter loaded into the boat. This one came bouncing off the dock, I'm pretty sure she caught some air, and onto the back of the boat.

Without slowing down she whipped a U turn through the door, tires squealing and parked it squarely into the vacant spot next to the scooter already on the boat.
:worship:

She backed up hitting someone standing behind her. She still didn’t have an angle to get out the door, she pulled up slamming into the wall of the boat. She backed up again smoking the scooter that she was parked next to. I’ll just keep it short. Picture someone backing up and pulling forward on a scooter about 10 times with the wheels turned at various angles. There was an opening plenty wide for her to back out of the spot and go out the door and she managed to hit everything but that open space. I was glad DD wasn’t sitting in the stroller and it was folded in my lap, because the stroller next to us got hit twice.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: I keep picturing this scene from Austin Powers:

The rest of her group had been sitting outside on the back deck of the boat and they were standing on the dock waiting for her.
Points to them if they were able to keep a straight face while this happened! :rotfl: I'm pretty sure I would be ticked off or cracking up if she was with me. lol

Her perfect parking job, coming in hot with a full head of steam was apparently a product of pure dumb luck. Because she clearly had no scooter driving skills.
:rotfl2:

::yes:: Indeed you do!

If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m talking about the cronut.

And I guess my review will be kind of anticlimactic. It was good. But I can't say that it was worth all the hype and the cost. Honestly, my friend’s mom makes basically the same thing and her version is actually better. Sorry. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved the cronut, but I’d rather have hers for a fraction of the cost.
Yeah I haven't had it yet either. But then I get the feeling I'd have the same impression you did so its never high on our radar.

Gracefulskinny: 5 points for eating in EPCOT
:cheer2:

Gracefulskinny 388
not bad. It was better but still, not bad.

Well it was Florida in January so I'm going to go with It decided to swing the other way and go super cold.

:scratchin 6 (I'm assuming there was a character meal involved)

Well I was going to go with more obvious and say BOG but with the high point value of the question I doubt that's it. I'll go with That Jungle Cruise Resturant. THe Jungle Skipper Cantina? Is that it? I can't remember its name.

Space MOuntain

Seeing as she was pregnant I'll go with the safe guess... Nap.

Explore the resort/ play on the playground so DW can sleep.

:mickeybarMickey Bar

We sat what felt like an eternity at each dock between the parks.

Like me at every red light on the way to work. Ever.

He walked up and down every row and finally located the offending odor below a seat in one of the middle rows.

That would be my husband. :rolleyes:

I mean it was a really cool setting and a fantastic Darth Vader. I like the fact that he’s in character, but I think he could be in character and still not traumatize a 3 year old girl, you know what I mean? I usually give Disney characters props for reading the audience and acting accordingly, but he could clearly see she wanted nothing to do with him. He still could have made threats at me or DW or something that wouldn’t be as threatening to the kid, but it was literally like she was the only one there. He never really acknowledged me or DW in any way at all.

Yeah, not cool.

Of course you did! I mean missing that is just not done.

I decided to slip into One Man’s Dream for the first time ever.

:sad:

We made it just inside the door when the ride went offline once again.

:headache:

We got on, we rode and everybody was happy.

And that's really what matters! Glad that worked out!

Free entertainment!

Just gorgeous!! New laptop wallpaper! Thanks!

Yay for a TR updates! Super glad DS is home with you guys and that things are normalizing again. I know it's probably the last thing on you mind these days, but I can't wait for the TR of his very first WDW trip!!:earsboy:

Ooo, how about "Hole in My Soul" since you've missed RnRC a few times now?

Being that it was a show FP, being late just wasn’t going to work. If I recall I think we could have probably made it if we busted our butts from the boat, but DW wasn’t feeling up for that.

That stinks. As much as I love the complimentary transportation it stinks when that's what mucks up plans.

He called for a protein spill clean-up and moved us over to another speeder to wait for a ride.

Gross. :scared:

thankfully there were no protein spills in our speeder.

:rotfl2:Glad to hear everyone made it safely!! Lol!

She sounded a little bit stressed.

Ut-oh, that's never a good sign....

She needed an entirely new outfit, including shoes.

No! Now I am seeing where diapers are an easier option than a fairly newly potty trained kiddo.

$80 later,

Holy cow! That's a lot of dough.:faint:

only to find out it had just closed

Shoot! I feel like TSMM breaks down fairly often. I bet DD was especially disappointed.

we decided to let DD meet some characters

I can't quote the photos on the iPad very easily, but DD is such a cutie! Her new outfit is super cute too!

They pretty much ignored anyone trying to take a picture or a selfie with them, but then they went out of their way to harass some foreign guy who was standing off by himself and seemingly had no clue why they were talking to him.

That's the second time I've heard something like this! I've gotten insider Intel that they're instructed to focus on the guests that aren't really paying attention.

He went straight to DD.

:confused3 Yeah, not the best choice Vader. You wanna keep your franchise alive? Maybe don't freak out the kiddos?

Oh well, I guess now we don’t even have to worry about Vader. Just that whiny brat Ben Solo.

Sounds like this Vader was exhibiting a few of little Benny's traits here.

True story; no photo means it's not real. :rotfl:

Curse you, FP+!!!!

Dude! Sorry you missed RnRC, but you were right to skip it, and I'm sure DW appreciated having you back with her.

At least I got to see it.

I hope they reinstall it, or something like it, elsewhere. I think an exhibit in MK would be lovely.

We got on, we rode and everybody was happy.

Success!!

What we did have was some impressive scooter driving.

What is it with you and the scooters?! You're like a magnet for this madness!

Sorry. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved the cronut, but I’d rather have hers for a fraction of the cost.

I'm with ya, I've had better for less obey too. I've got a little bake shop near me that does Cronus crime sandwiches. They're like 2000 calories but so yummy!

DW wanted to go to Karmel Kuche and get some caramel corn so she went to take care of that while DD and I waited to meet Donald.

Cute pics of DD with Donald!

After all that we showered and were in bed by just after 9 and resting up for our last day in the parks.

Wow, you guys had quite a day!

Questions for the next update:

A cold snap?

Four

Cosmic Ray's

Buzzlightyear

Pack up the room.

Explore the resort

Hmmm, :scratchin toffee cake from Liberty Tree Tavern?

My first thought was Back in the Saddle...So glad to see an update! But then, I read through the update and realized, indeed, you did NOT make it back in the saddle. Your bad luck with RNRC sounds like mine with People Mover. We had been on 4 trips with our APs and I'd only managed ONE ride! I made up for that in July. lol

Sorry about the potty accident with DD. Not the cheapest place to be when you need a whole new set of clothes!

Her pics with Sofia and Doc are so cute though! She looks so happy!

Protein spills, potty accidents, rides down...sounds like a great day at DHS! :rotfl2: Luckily it seems like you managed to salvage the day at Epcot, even if you did have to call it a day earlier than usual. I remember all to well being at Disneyland while pregnant, and it is EXHAUSTING walking the parks. I'm glad your DW was able to push through a little longer and enjoy Epcot!

Oh man, that lady on the scooter!! We had a similar experience in July with a lady trying to park hers out of peoples way in the Wishes fireworks viewing area. It took 3 people about 10 minutes to get it parked!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter