I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

1. We just had our energy zapped by the hottest day of our trip. What weather surprise will we have the next day? (20 points) Snow

2. How many characters will we meet before lunch? (50 points) 5

3. We went to MK. Where did we eat lunch? (20 points) Be Our Guest

4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points) Splash

5. What would DW do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points) More Laundry

6. What would DD and I do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points) Swim

7. What Disney snack will I get to try for the first time ever? (15 points) Ice cream cookie sandwich

Yeah, my title has nothing to do with this particular update. But I wanted to use an Aerosmith song title and this was the closest I could think of. Bonus points if anyone can name an Aerosmith song that better fits this update.

Dream On.
As in ... you think you'll get a chance to ride RnRC? Dream On!
(And yes, I realize that the title really fits more than actual words of the song, but its my favorite Aerosmith song, so I'm sticking with it)

As it turns out, DD finally decided she needed to use the restroom. She was being independent and wanted to go into a stall by herself though. She proceeded to fail to make it onto the toilet before the floodgates burst. She needed an entirely new outfit, including shoes.

Aw, that's sad. Accidents are never fun. Poor kid.

20160114_143813_1.jpg

The new outfit looks cute (and so does the kid wearing it)!

We headed back out into the courtyard after meeting some Disney Junior friends and saw these guys out on patrol. It was awesome seeing them, but it was weird how they interacted with people. They pretty much ignored anyone trying to take a picture or a selfie with them, but then they went out of their way to harass some foreign guy who was standing off by himself and seemingly had no clue why they were talking to him.

The stormtroopers kinda confused me too. I couldn't figure out what (if anything) they were trying to do.

The group in front of us went in and a girl in the group asked him if his name was Ellie.

I laughed.

He didn’t.

I don't get it...
(Is this one of those things that I don't get because I've never seen Star Wars? Because in my defense, I actually have the original trilogy on my DVR right now, I just haven't had time to watch any of it yet.)

I mean it was a really cool setting and a fantastic Darth Vader. I like the fact that he’s in character, but I think he could be in character and still not traumatize a 3 year old girl, you know what I mean? I usually give Disney characters props for reading the audience and acting accordingly, but he could clearly see she wanted nothing to do with him. He still could have made threats at me or DW or something that wouldn’t be as threatening to the kid, but it was literally like she was the only one there. He never really acknowledged me or DW in any way at all.

Yeah, that's kinda weird. I get that he's evil and all that, but I feel like maybe he should know not to terrify the kid and maybe to try terrifying the parents instead. Sorry that you guys had a bad experience, but yay for the little one being a trooper and not totally melting down!

But apparently it didn’t really happen because they didn’t get that picture in our Memory Maker. So you’ll just have to take my word for it.

Or not. Your choice!

Hmm. Let me think about it.
I think I'll choose to believe you.

Well, I approached the queue, planning to go to the single rider line. The CM there told someone the Single Rider wait was over 60 minutes.

CRAP!

I checked the Lines App to see what it was showing. It had Single Rider listed at 45 minutes.

I strongly debated it. I wanted to ride so bad. If I had been there by myself, I wouldn’t have hesitated. I’ll wait that long for it anytime.

But I wasn’t by myself. DW and DD would be getting out of their show soon. We still had FP for TSMM that we hoped to use if it came back online. And frankly I know DW was about done. The bathroom incident wasn’t any fun, this was turning out to be the hottest day of our trip… not July hot by any means, but it was high 70’s by this point. We hadn’t had a break and I knew that we were beginning to get to the point in the day where I just couldn’t push it. It just about killed me but I had to sadly walk away from Rock N Rollercoaster. And this is where my title for this update comes in. Seems my efforts to ride RnRC have been a challenge the last few trips. Curse you, FP+!!!!

Much as I hate to say it ... in my experience, the single rider line at RnRC is often useless. It's disappointing. Sorry that you didn't get a chance to ride!

Her perfect parking job, coming in hot with a full head of steam was apparently a product of pure dumb luck. Because she clearly had no scooter driving skills.

Sometimes I think people should need a special license to drive a scooter.
Other times I think ... that probably won't help.

We headed out and after a few quick pictures we were out of the park before 7:30. That’s pretty much unheard of for us to be out of the parks so early in the evening.

Wait ... what? They let you leave the park that early? Weird...

Overall Leaderboard:

pkondz 551

jandlinz 496

Captain_Oblivious 480.5

cindianne 320 465

chillitsanne 458.5

SarahDisney 450

HOW HAVE I FALLEN SO FAR??? I'm not even in the top 5 anymore. I really need to work on my answer game.

1. We just had our energy zapped by the hottest day of our trip. What weather surprise will we have the next day? (20 points)

Snow. Definitely snow.

2. How many characters will we meet before lunch? (50 points)

Six

3. We went to MK. Where did we eat lunch? (20 points)

Hmm ... I'm gonna go with Skipper Canteen. Because it's new.

4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points)

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
And if you got one, I'm gonna be annoyed, because we couldn't get that FP+ on either of our MK days.

5. What would DW do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points)

Sleep.

6. What would DD and I do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points)

Not sleep.

7. What Disney snack will I get to try for the first time ever? (15 points)

Another new snack?
I'm gonna go ... Turkey Leg.

we had just boarded a boat to take us from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios. We had an hour window to get there to use a FP window that was quickly closing. Especially as we sat for 20 minutes waiting to get underway. They finally got going, but after the first stop, it became clear that we weren’t likely going to make our window. We sat what felt like an eternity at each dock between the parks.

I haven’t taken the boat from Epcot to DHS. It seems like a “quaint” way to get there. But I have a feeling I would have much the same luck and be stuck waiting for ages. It would basically be the opposite of the patented @pkondz VIP transportation pass (would the opposite be PIV – Periodically Inferior Vehicle pass? That sounds like mine).

As it turns out, DD finally decided she needed to use the restroom. She was being independent and wanted to go into a stall by herself though. She proceeded to fail to make it onto the toilet before the floodgates burst. She needed an entirely new outfit, including shoes.
$80 later, she ended up with some Minnie Mouse crocs, Frozen underwear and a new outfit from one of the gift shops.
I’ve been there. At least you managed to piece together a full outfit.

We headed back out into the courtyard after meeting some Disney Junior friends and saw these guys out on patrol. It was awesome seeing them, but it was weird how they interacted with people. They pretty much ignored anyone trying to take a picture or a selfie with them, but then they went out of their way to harass some foreign guy who was standing off by himself and seemingly had no clue why they were talking to him.
I mean it was a really cool setting and a fantastic Darth Vader. I like the fact that he’s in character, but I think he could be in character and still not traumatize a 3 year old girl, you know what I mean? I usually give Disney characters props for reading the audience and acting accordingly, but he could clearly see she wanted nothing to do with him. He still could have made threats at me or DW or something that wouldn’t be as threatening to the kid, but it was literally like she was the only one there. He never really acknowledged me or DW in any way at all.
I’ve not been down since all the Star Wars stuff opened in Launch Bay, but based on some of the videos and comments I’ve seen online, I’m a bit confused if I like the character interaction or not. I’m not sure what the point of the storm troopers is if they aren’t taking pictures with anyone. I get they are “in character” and patrolling the city or whatever, but it may be going a bit far. Like you said with Darth Vader, they may need to read their audience a little better and lighten up the dark side a little around kids.

1. We just had our energy zapped by the hottest day of our trip. What weather surprise will we have the next day? (20 points)

4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points)

1. Rain
2. 3
3. Columbia Harbor House
4. Big Thunder Mountain
5. Nap
6. A bit out of the box, but since you were at POR, I'll say fishing
7. churro

I'm a lurker but want to say I'm glad to see a trip update! I'm glad things have somewhat settled down for your family that you can get back to reliving your trip. Your DW is a trooper - anxiously awaiting another update!

Yeah, my title has nothing to do with this particular update. But I wanted to use an Aerosmith song title and this was the closest I could think of. Bonus points if anyone can name an Aerosmith song that better fits this update.

I would think considering your luck on these last two trips, "Dream On" would be an appropriate Aerosmith tune.

we had just boarded a boat to take us from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios. We had an hour window to get there to use a FP window that was quickly closing. Especially as we sat for 20 minutes waiting to get underway. They finally got going, but after the first stop, it became clear that we weren’t likely going to make our window. We sat what felt like an eternity at each dock between the parks.

That's why we often choose to scoot between Epcot and DHS, but I don't need to tell you that. Didn't you walk that trip like 4-5 times earlier in the trip?

The CM opened the doors, took one step into the speeder and then told us to turn around. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but he clearly smelled something. He walked up and down every row and finally located the offending odor below a seat in one of the middle rows. He called for a protein spill clean-up and moved us over to another speeder to wait for a ride.

Ewwww :crazy2:

She needed an entirely new outfit, including shoes.

Oh man, that's tough.

$80 later, she ended up with some Minnie Mouse crocs, Frozen underwear and a new outfit from one of the gift shops.

I bet Disney lives for these moments. Why am I not surprised that they had everything she needed?

We walked back over to Pixar Place, parked the stroller and proceeded to the FP line for TSMM… only to find out it had just closed. They didn’t know how long it would be down, but they weren’t letting anyone in the line.

:headache:

we decided to let DD meet some characters. First up was Sofia.

What cute character pictures!

I mean it was a really cool setting and a fantastic Darth Vader. I like the fact that he’s in character, but I think he could be in character and still not traumatize a 3 year old girl, you know what I mean?

Probably some idiot on a power trip, wanting to mess with people's heads. Besides you had on a Vader shirt. Of course he's going to snub you.

After visiting the Twilight Zone, I went to check on Rock N Rollercoaster. My favorite ride. I just can’t go and not ride it, right?

Well, I approached the queue, planning to go to the single rider line. The CM there told someone the Single Rider wait was over 60 minutes.

CRAP!

I checked the Lines App to see what it was showing. It had Single Rider listed at 45 minutes.

:faint:

I strongly debated it. I wanted to ride so bad. If I had been there by myself, I wouldn’t have hesitated. I’ll wait that long for it anytime.

I'd be seriously considering skipping it. Unless I had also skipped it on my last park visit. :rolleyes1

It just about killed me but I had to sadly walk away from Rock N Rollercoaster. And this is where my title for this update comes in. Seems my efforts to ride RnRC have been a challenge the last few trips. Curse you, FP+!!!!

I couldn't get FP+ for it on our "day" at DHS next trip, so I booked it for 9:20 on our day at Epcot for the French Family Lunch (three hours of flowing wine, so no rides after that). I figure I can make a beeline for RnRC in the morning and then get back to Epcot by noon to ensure that I actually ride it this time!

Then DD said she needed to go to the bathroom.

This can’t be real.

Ugh, glad she was able to hold it. I hope things have gotten better since this trip.

A second scooter loaded into the boat. This one came bouncing off the dock, I'm pretty sure she caught some air, and onto the back of the boat. Without slowing down she whipped a U turn through the door, tires squealing and parked it squarely into the vacant spot next to the scooter already on the boat.

Anyone in a scooter who comes barreling into a boat, bus, whatever, clearly has no comprehension of how to operate one.

Her stop was the Dolphin and that’s when things got interesting. As smoothly as she slid that scooter into that parking spot, she quickly proved that she sure as hell couldn’t get it back out.

I always give people driving rental scooters a wide berth. Most of them are driving them for the first and only time and have no clue about etiquette, skills, or how to properly maneuver them.

Her perfect parking job, coming in hot with a full head of steam was apparently a product of pure dumb luck. Because she clearly had no scooter driving skills.

Yup. ::yes:: Most don't.

And I guess my review will be kind of anticlimactic. It was good. But I can't say that it was worth all the hype and the cost. Honestly, my friend’s mom makes basically the same thing and her version is actually better. Sorry. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved the cronut, but I’d rather have hers for a fraction of the cost.

I've never been all that impressed with cronuts either. They are tasty, but I would rather have a nice fluffy donut, and if you're talking croissant, I'll take mine with Ham and cheese baked inside.

We headed out and after a few quick pictures we were out of the park before 7:30. That’s pretty much unheard of for us to be out of the parks so early in the evening.

Nice pictures in front of the giant golfball. I can feel your exhaustion (or your DW's).

An even hotter day with maximum humidity.

Be Our Guest

Splash Mountain

Take a nap

Swim

Strawberry Shortcake Sundae

This is making me nervous. I hate being late.
::yes:: Me too!

Ewwwwwww!
Yeah, I'm glad he caught it.

Good to know.
I was relieved...

As a parent I think we have all had a kid do this.
::yes:: It happens, unfortunately.

Your daughter takes such great photos with the characters and she's really rocking that new outfit.
It really depends on her mood. If she wants to take good pictures with them they always seem to turn out great. If not... well you know, she was 3 and now is 4 going on 20 so her mood pretty much dictates how things turn out.

Feeling a little left out? It is strange that he kept trying to interact with your daughter even though she did not want to.
Yeah... I mean I didn't care so much that he wasn't interacting with me. I don't typically like character meets that much myself and it isn't like I had any witty lines to use on him, but it kind of got awkward when he wouldn't leave her alone and I literally had to shield her.

My favorite ride!
It never really used to be one of my favorites. I always thought it was "ok" but the more I go on it the more I enjoy it! I was glad they decided not to do the Guardians of the Galaxy change to this one like they're doing in California.

Another bummer. Sorry you missed it.
I was really disappointed. I had looked forward to riding it, but I think in the back of my mind I was pretty much ready for this outcome. It seems like it is just so hard to ride it anymore since FP+ came into play here.

But of, course that's the way it always work. I'm glad she made it through the ride.
::yes:: it was a relief!

I've never had one, don't think I'll be one anytime soon.
It was good, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way for one again.

This is my idea of a treat. I love this store!

Overall a really nice afternoon and night.
It really was a pretty good day. We did a lot in just a short amount of time.

Well, considering how hard you were trying to get on TSMM...
And, more appropriately, how desperately you wanted to get on RNR (and didn't)...

I'm gonna have to go with:
"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
:thumbsup2

Yeah! What's with that! Slacker!!
Oh, you know... sometimes you just need a good nap.

Ugh. Of course.
It's a rule. The more desperately you need to be somewhere is proportional to the amount of time it's going to take to get there.
::yes:: Unless you're @pkondz . Then Disney transportation waits for you.

Of course you did.
Yes, because again, we don't have your transportation luck.

No butt busting for DW. Check.

Darn...

But DW saves the day!
::yes::

ew.

But I suppose that's gonna happen from time to time.
::yes:: I've walked off of a few of those simulator type rides just hoping I don't lose my lunch.

When I read that, I first thought "Why is shopping for clothes stressful? I know my DW enjoys shopping for the girls."
It's all situational... :rolleyes1

Oh. That's why the stress.

Oy.
And there you have it.

:sad2: And Disney thanks you. And we thank you for helping keep Disney costs low since they just made their budget goals for the year.
::yes:: Because we could have bought the exact same things anywhere else for about $20.

Oh, for Pete's sake!

Well, that smile makes the whole trip worth it, doesn't it?
::yes:: We did have a few of those moments.

:laughing: I wonder what he was thinking?
Maybe he's one of those rare individuals who's never seen the movies.
"Is this security? What have I done?"
Actually, I think he was trying to do something on his phone and he was just really getting annoyed. He'd take a step or two away and give them a dirty look as they'd step closer.

Cool! On the reveal and on who it was.

Whoopsie.

Well... he is evil after all.
Ya gotta get him after he dies.
Yes. Yes he is. I mean, he did kill all the younglings in those prequels that we shall not speak of.

Sucks.
What I've been doing (last 3 trips, since MBs were introduced) is looking for my picture and then scanning the MB.
They say it isn't necessary, but.... then why do I have pictures of perfect strangers on my account?
Exactly! I remember our first trip with the MB's. We didn't even really think about getting ride pictures for a lot of the rides, and then when the ones we didn't scan our bands for showed up we thought it was kind of cool.

Until we saw "our" Buzz Lightyear pictures and it was like "who the hell is that???"

Are you kidding me?!?!?
I've never seen single rider like that!
I wonder if it had broken down too..... or, maybe.... it's because TSMM was down. What else are you going to do?
Good point.

I can't even imagine.
I wish it was in my imagination.

Okay, now you've got to be kidding! Seriously???
:sad2:

People who insist Disney is for kids, obviously have never been to Disney with kids.
That's the truth.

Thank goodness.
About time we catch a break.

Sure. You weren't desperate to get anywhere. Remember the rule.
Oh yeah, that's right.

Whoa. Obviously a true professional.
Professional driver, for sure.

:laughing: But I can't for the life of me remember why he had to do that?
To quote Harry: "Because you've hit every other GD thing out there, I want you to be perfect."

What is with you and scooters, dude?
I'll say I'm lucky. It could be good, or it could be bad, but I'll call it good because I find it highly entertaining.

I already know where this is going. Even without reading ahead.
I need to improve my writing...

:laughing: This kills me. All that hype and.... "Mom's friend does it better."

I love this kind of thing.
When the little one says "I want to do... that."
Whatever the "that" happens to be.

Smart woman.

Beautiful shot.
Thanks! Not bad for a smart phone!

1. Rain
2. 4
3. BOG
4. This is a tough one. You may have had the urge for 7DMT, but I doubt there were any available. You've got DD with you... barnstormer?
5. Well, sounds like laundry's done, so... nap.
6. I'm really tempted to say "pool" again... but I'll go with arcade.
7. popcorn
Got em!

Same Old Song and Dance

Now, there’s a Stones song or two that might fit the bill, but sticking with Aerosmith I get your logic.

When I last updated… you know, back in May…
Well, you’ve been just a mite busy.

We sat what felt like an eternity at each dock between the parks.
The various bits of boat transportation are a cool feature at WDW…
but not particularly expeditious ones.

The CM opened the doors, took one step into the speeder and then told us to turn around. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but he clearly smelled something. He walked up and down every row and finally located the offending odor below a seat in one of the middle rows.
Occupational hazard…

Our ride was smooth and thankfully there were no protein spills in our speeder.
image.png

From disaster to windfall.
(Well, from the kid’s point of view, anyway)

We walked back over to Pixar Place, parked the stroller and proceeded to the FP line for TSMM… only to find out it had just closed. They didn’t know how long it would be down, but they weren’t letting anyone in the line.
vader.jpg

Since we were close to the Animation Courtyard, we decided to let DD meet some characters. First up was Sofia.

20160114_143813_1.jpg

Next up was Doc McStuffins.

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR4_7579081859_1.jpeg
That’s one very happy yoiun’en there.

The group in front of us went in and a girl in the group asked him if his name was Ellie.

I laughed.

He didn’t.
:laughing:

But he had no interest in interacting with me. Not at all.
A common reaction when meeting you, I suspect.

He went straight to DD.
Oh oh…

I’m just proud of her for not having a total and complete meltdown
Or needing more new clothes.

I mean it was a really cool setting and a fantastic Darth Vader. I like the fact that he’s in character, but I think he could be in character and still not traumatize a 3 year old girl, you know what I mean?
Gott’a agree here.
Much as I lover SW, the characters (especially when in character) are kind’a challenging when it come to the younger of the young’ens; leaves Disney with a bit of a fine line to walk with that franchise.

After visiting the Twilight Zone, I went to check on Rock N Rollercoaster. My favorite ride. I just can’t go and not ride it, right?
Agreed, but I had to skip it this last time.
That was tough.

The CM there told someone the Single Rider wait was over 60 minutes.
:eek:

I decided to slip into One Man’s Dream for the first time ever.
And quite possibly the last.

I actually timed it perfectly because I got over to the Animation Courtyard just as they were walking out of Disney Junior. We headed over to TSMM and got in line with our FP. We made it just inside the door when the ride went offline once again.
Y’all are not having much pixy dust here…
Very un-Disney.

In hindsight, this was probably a really stupid idea given the reliability of the ride that afternoon.
Probably…
But y’all were due, by this time.

Even though the boat trip bit us on the way to DHS, I wasn’t about to suggest walking to DW. We got in line for the boat and this time we didn’t have any crazy waits.
Ahhhhh… that’s better.
For now.

What we did have was some impressive scooter driving…
Those things are a curse.
Bless the folks that need ‘em, but my lord they gum up the works.

Another glorious smile, and for an old school character.
Decent salvage for a bit of an up and down day.

Questions for the next update:
So far behind I don’t think it really matters, but…

It’s Florida… the best odds will be for rain.

Three

BOG

Space Mountain (to make up for missing RRNC)

Sleep… blessed sleep.

More pool time

Snack huh… Tough one…
Going out into leftfield with: LeFou's Brew

Yay for an update!
Bout time, right? :rolleyes1

I don't wanna miss a ride on Rock N Rollercoaster (but sadly did :worried:)

Good thing!
Definitely! I don't think they have the barf bags in there like they do at Mission Space.

At least she was close!
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I love that you were wearing that shirt for this meet! Too bad he didn't making a comment/gesture for that.
Yeah, oh well. I'm not personally big on meeting characters anyway, so I wasn't too worried about that. But it was a little bit off putting that he didn't read her body language and either tone it down or focus his comments elsewhere.

This whole story made me laugh and i love the ace venture reference.
Thanks.

I pictured:

I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of this.

1. hotter than the day before
2. 3
3. Peco Bills
4. big thunder
5. pack
6. swim
7. popcorn
Got em!

I'm going to have to remember that trick to get a new outfit (including crocs)...sounds like a winner.
Ok, but I'm not giving you 80 bucks so you're on your own!

Strange that Darth would keep up the whole imposing "dark lord of the sith" routine when your daughter obviously wasn't playing along. By the way, I know you're tall, but still, he looks a little short for Darth Vader. I'm not so sure that really was Darth Vader!
We'll never know. I'm 6'3" but how tall is the real Darth Vader. I should probably know that, but I don't. I thought he seemed big when we were there, but you're right, looking at the picture he doesn't look that much taller than I am.

I'm not sure what it is about you and scooters. You always have the best stories.
I know. I'm either cursed or lucky. Being that I can find humor in it, I'll go with lucky.

Great picture of Spaceship Earth also.
Thanks! Not bad for a cell phone!

So glad your little guy is doing well and you can come back to your TR.
I came late to you story, actually from Steppesister when you got news about baby. I don't comment a whole lot on the DIS (trying to do it a little more) but wanted to come by here and let you know I was thinking of you and your family.
Thank you!

Of course I got hooked on your adventure. So glad you have started it again. I commend you for going back and replying to everyone, that was really nice.
I'm glad you're enjoying it! I didn't want to just let the TR die. I wanted to get back to the ones who commented on the update and put in answers for the questions.

So glad you got on TSM finally, I was even sad that you didn't get to do RnR. It's such a good ride. The scooter encounter must have been a sight. I feel from the comments that this is a "thing" of yours. I may have to find my way to some of your other TRs.....any suggestion?
Yes. Actually it has just been the last 2 trips now, but I always see some kind of crazy scooter driving or scooter accident. The best one I've seen was still the first one in my last TR, Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup. - Spoiler alert, that one also includes some impressive boat driving.

meh when I get a moment I'll see if photos in Google Photo link in just as well as the ones from Photobucket. Atleast you've poked in recently. I haven't done that on mine yet. lol.
Looks like you're making some progress there...

*Shrug* I'm not great with Aerosmith song titles.
I kind of like Aerosmith. I think that's why I love RnRC so much. Fun rollercoaster, fast launch, loops and a soundtrack from a band that I love. What's not to like?

:rotfl2:Still beats out my last update I believe!
I'm not even going to keep score... :rolleyes1

Hey! Thanks for the recap!
I needed it as much as anyone.

That's what I said!

Oh thats never a great combo! :rotfl:
No. Not at all. Although she is much, much, much better about it now!

:earseek: Ouch Poor Daddy's wallet!!!!
Charge it to the Magic Band! It's not real money anymore!!! :faint:

Awa! :thumbsup2 And At least the $80 looks cute and wearable for a while.
::yes:: She wears those Crocs all the time.

:sad2: Not sure what we would have done in that setting.
Not much you can do but try to defuse the situation.

::yes:: Yeah I would be out of there real quick too.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: I keep picturing this scene from Austin Powers:
Seriously, I'm so disappointed in myself that I didn't think of this one. Major fail on my part.

Points to them if they were able to keep a straight face while this happened! :rotfl: I'm pretty sure I would be ticked off or cracking up if she was with me. lol
Honestly, I'm not sure they even knew. I wasn't looking when she was trying to get out of there, but when she started walking up the ramp they were all just standing there talking and I don't think they had any knowledge of the carnage she had left in her wake inside the boat.

::yes:: Indeed you do!

Yeah I haven't had it yet either. But then I get the feeling I'd have the same impression you did so its never high on our radar.
It's good. I guess I would grab one if I happened to be walking by and wanted a snack. But I don't think I'll be going out of my way to go back for another.

Well it was Florida in January so I'm going to go with It decided to swing the other way and go super cold.

:scratchin 6 (I'm assuming there was a character meal involved)

Well I was going to go with more obvious and say BOG but with the high point value of the question I doubt that's it. I'll go with That Jungle Cruise Resturant. THe Jungle Skipper Cantina? Is that it? I can't remember its name.

Space MOuntain

Seeing as she was pregnant I'll go with the safe guess... Nap.

Explore the resort/ play on the playground so DW can sleep.

:mickeybarMickey Bar
Got em!

Like me at every red light on the way to work. Ever.
::yes:: It always seems to work that way.

That would be my husband. :rolleyes:
Poor guy. That's me after about 3 rides at US.

Of course you did! I mean missing that is just not done.
I've grown to appreciate this ride more and more all the time. I'm glad they didn't replace this one with Guardians of the Galaxy.

And that's really what matters! Glad that worked out!

Free entertainment!
The best kind!

Just gorgeous!! New laptop wallpaper! Thanks!
Thanks! Not bad for a cell phone. Probably the best picture I've ever taken.

Yay for a TR updates! Super glad DS is home with you guys and that things are normalizing again. I know it's probably the last thing on you mind these days, but I can't wait for the TR of his very first WDW trip!!:earsboy:
Thanks!

Ooo, how about "Hole in My Soul" since you've missed RnRC a few times now?
I actually did finally get to ride it on our prior trip by getting in an 80 min line at park close. So it isn't that I've not been able to ride at all, it just hasn't been easy.

That stinks. As much as I love the complimentary transportation it stinks when that's what mucks up plans.

:rotfl2:Glad to hear everyone made it safely!! Lol!
You know how that goes... just a chain reaction. Thank goodness!

Ut-oh, that's never a good sign....
Not at all.

No! Now I am seeing where diapers are an easier option than a fairly newly potty trained kiddo.
Yes! We actually thought about that. We were glad she finally decided she was ready to potty train, but we weren't crazy about it being just a couple of weeks before our trip.

Holy cow! That's a lot of dough.:faint:
::yes:: Disney prices...

Shoot! I feel like TSMM breaks down fairly often. I bet DD was especially disappointed.
I don't think she really knew what we were missing at the time.

I can't quote the photos on the iPad very easily, but DD is such a cutie! Her new outfit is super cute too!
Thanks

That's the second time I've heard something like this! I've gotten insider Intel that they're instructed to focus on the guests that aren't really paying attention.
I've heard that, and it seemed pretty obvious that this was the case.

:confused3 Yeah, not the best choice Vader. You wanna keep your franchise alive? Maybe don't freak out the kiddos?
Yeah, no kidding!

Sounds like this Vader was exhibiting a few of little Benny's traits here.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

True story; no photo means it's not real. :rotfl:
Well then I guess we should add ToT to the list of rides I can't get on. :lmao:

Dude! Sorry you missed RnRC, but you were right to skip it, and I'm sure DW appreciated having you back with her.
::yes:: It sucked, but it was the right choice.

I hope they reinstall it, or something like it, elsewhere. I think an exhibit in MK would be lovely.
::yes:: I think it would actually be a better fit somewhere off Main Street in MK, or even somewhere in the Innoventions Pavilions that they seem to be gutting at EPCOT.

What is it with you and the scooters?! You're like a magnet for this madness!
I just don't even know, but every time I see something like that I know I'll have at least 1 TR chapter that doesn't suck.

I'm with ya, I've had better for less obey too. I've got a little bake shop near me that does Cronus crime sandwiches. They're like 2000 calories but so yummy!
The more calories, the better it tastes. That's a fact.

Cute pics of DD with Donald!
Thanks

Wow, you guys had quite a day!
We definitely did a lot in not really a lot of time when you factor in the time for lunch and the boat rides.

Hmmm, :scratchin toffee cake from Liberty Tree Tavern?
Got all your answers.

My first thought was Back in the Saddle...So glad to see an update! But then, I read through the update and realized, indeed, you did NOT make it back in the saddle. Your bad luck with RNRC sounds like mine with People Mover. We had been on 4 trips with our APs and I'd only managed ONE ride! I made up for that in July. lol
I'm glad you managed to finally get on Peoplemover. At least you had the AP's so you could keep trying. And now we know the real truth for why you guys took so many trips this year! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Truthfully though, I did get to ride on the prior trip. It took jumping in an 80 minute line at park closing to make it happen though!

Sorry about the potty accident with DD. Not the cheapest place to be when you need a whole new set of clothes!
No kidding!

Her pics with Sofia and Doc are so cute though! She looks so happy!
She had a good time with them, that is for sure.

Protein spills, potty accidents, rides down...sounds like a great day at DHS! :rotfl2: Luckily it seems like you managed to salvage the day at Epcot, even if you did have to call it a day earlier than usual. I remember all to well being at Disneyland while pregnant, and it is EXHAUSTING walking the parks. I'm glad your DW was able to push through a little longer and enjoy Epcot!
She really did very well with it. She's gone twice while pregnant and really handled everything great.

Oh man, that lady on the scooter!! We had a similar experience in July with a lady trying to park hers out of peoples way in the Wishes fireworks viewing area. It took 3 people about 10 minutes to get it parked!!
I just kind of wonder if these people drive like that too? :eek:

Last edited:
1. We just had our energy zapped by the hottest day of our trip. What weather surprise will we have the next day? (20 points) Snow

2. How many characters will we meet before lunch? (50 points) 5

3. We went to MK. Where did we eat lunch? (20 points) Be Our Guest

4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points) Splash

5. What would DW do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points) More Laundry

6. What would DD and I do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points) Swim

7. What Disney snack will I get to try for the first time ever? (15 points) Ice cream cookie sandwich
Got em!

Dream On.
As in ... you think you'll get a chance to ride RnRC? Dream On!
(And yes, I realize that the title really fits more than actual words of the song, but its my favorite Aerosmith song, so I'm sticking with it)
Fitting...

Aw, that's sad. Accidents are never fun. Poor kid.
No they're not.

The new outfit looks cute (and so does the kid wearing it)!
Thanks.

The stormtroopers kinda confused me too. I couldn't figure out what (if anything) they were trying to do.
I think they're just there to look at, really. They don't seem to do much.

I don't get it...
(Is this one of those things that I don't get because I've never seen Star Wars? Because in my defense, I actually have the original trilogy on my DVR right now, I just haven't had time to watch any of it yet.)
Not really. Nothing to do with Star Wars. Just a clever word play.

Ellie

Vader

Ellie Vader

Say it out loud...

Yeah, that's kinda weird. I get that he's evil and all that, but I feel like maybe he should know not to terrify the kid and maybe to try terrifying the parents instead. Sorry that you guys had a bad experience, but yay for the little one being a trooper and not totally melting down!
She did ok, but I definitely had to defuse it a bit. I was disappointed in that. He could have very well stayed in character and still been the intimidating bad guy without so aggressively scaring the kid.

Hmm. Let me think about it.
I think I'll choose to believe you.
Whew.

Much as I hate to say it ... in my experience, the single rider line at RnRC is often useless. It's disappointing. Sorry that you didn't get a chance to ride!
::yes:: and I think FP+ has only made it worse.

Sometimes I think people should need a special license to drive a scooter.
Other times I think ... that probably won't help.
Absolutely! Because these people probably also have a drivers license and can do the same thing with a car that weighs 2 or 3 tons!

Wait ... what? They let you leave the park that early? Weird...
I know, crazy, right?

HOW HAVE I FALLEN SO FAR??? I'm not even in the top 5 anymore. I really need to work on my answer game.

Snow. Definitely snow.

Hmm ... I'm gonna go with Skipper Canteen. Because it's new.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
And if you got one, I'm gonna be annoyed, because we couldn't get that FP+ on either of our MK days.

Not sleep.

Another new snack?
I'm gonna go ... Turkey Leg.
Got em!

I haven’t taken the boat from Epcot to DHS. It seems like a “quaint” way to get there. But I have a feeling I would have much the same luck and be stuck waiting for ages. It would basically be the opposite of the patented @pkondz VIP transportation pass (would the opposite be PIV – Periodically Inferior Vehicle pass? That sounds like mine).
@pkondz sucks.

I’ve been there. At least you managed to piece together a full outfit.
::yes:: Had to take out a loan to get it, but at least they had everything we need. They even threw in a free bag for us to put the pee clothes in.

I’ve not been down since all the Star Wars stuff opened in Launch Bay, but based on some of the videos and comments I’ve seen online, I’m a bit confused if I like the character interaction or not. I’m not sure what the point of the storm troopers is if they aren’t taking pictures with anyone. I get they are “in character” and patrolling the city or whatever, but it may be going a bit far. Like you said with Darth Vader, they may need to read their audience a little better and lighten up the dark side a little around kids.
Yeah, the Storm Troopers are totally an "in character" experience. I kind of wonder if it is a little preview of the kinds of immersive experiences we might find in the new Star Wars land? It's neat to see them patrolling, but if you want a picture with them you'd better be good at getting a quick selfie while walking right in front of them.

Vader was cool to see and the setting was nice. He definitely could have adapted a little bit better though.

1. Rain
2. 3
3. Columbia Harbor House
4. Big Thunder Mountain
5. Nap
6. A bit out of the box, but since you were at POR, I'll say fishing
7. churro
Got em!

I'm a lurker but want to say I'm glad to see a trip update! I'm glad things have somewhat settled down for your family that you can get back to reliving your trip. Your DW is a trooper - anxiously awaiting another update!
Thank you! I'm glad you posted!

I would think considering your luck on these last two trips, "Dream On" would be an appropriate Aerosmith tune.

That's why we often choose to scoot between Epcot and DHS, but I don't need to tell you that. Didn't you walk that trip like 4-5 times earlier in the trip?
Yes. Yes I did. And I've had done it again if I was by myself.

That's putting it kindly.

Oh man, that's tough.

I bet Disney lives for these moments. Why am I not surprised that they had everything she needed?
Of course they had it all! Only 20 bucks per item too. :rolleyes1

What cute character pictures!
Thanks

Probably some idiot on a power trip, wanting to mess with people's heads. Besides you had on a Vader shirt. Of course he's going to snub you.
I really didn't care about the snubbed part so much, but just that he was focused on seemingly trying to make her cry.

I'd be seriously considering skipping it. Unless I had also skipped it on my last park visit. :rolleyes1
At least I did manage to ride it last time. It took jumping in a long line at park close, but I finally did it.

I couldn't get FP+ for it on our "day" at DHS next trip, so I booked it for 9:20 on our day at Epcot for the French Family Lunch (three hours of flowing wine, so no rides after that). I figure I can make a beeline for RnRC in the morning and then get back to Epcot by noon to ensure that I actually ride it this time!

Ugh, glad she was able to hold it. I hope things have gotten better since this trip.
They certainly have.

Anyone in a scooter who comes barreling into a boat, bus, whatever, clearly has no comprehension of how to operate one.
She seriously should have painted the thing orange and put a rebel flag on the roof the way that thing came barreling into the boat.

I always give people driving rental scooters a wide berth. Most of them are driving them for the first and only time and have no clue about etiquette, skills, or how to properly maneuver them.
I can't help but wonder if these people actually have a drivers license? I mean yes, the controls aren't the same, but it is the same basic principle and it isn't that damn complicated!

Yup. ::yes:: Most don't.
Clearly

I've never been all that impressed with cronuts either. They are tasty, but I would rather have a nice fluffy donut, and if you're talking croissant, I'll take mine with Ham and cheese baked inside.
I can't argue with that logic!

Nice pictures in front of the giant golfball. I can feel your exhaustion (or your DW's).
Thanks... and I think she was done long before that. I can't believe she really wanted to go back to and through EPCOT.

An even hotter day with maximum humidity.

Be Our Guest

Splash Mountain

Take a nap

Strawberry Shortcake Sundae
Got em!

What happened to all your replies?
Fixed it, look again.

Now, there’s a Stones song or two that might fit the bill, but sticking with Aerosmith I get your logic.
Hmm... I can think of one that fits perfectly...

Well, you’ve been just a mite busy.
Just a little bit.

The various bits of boat transportation are a cool feature at WDW…
but not particularly expeditious ones.
Certainly not.

Occupational hazard…
Funny thing. I have a friend who did the CP in AK. He spent some time driving a Safari truck, but he said he actually preferred working custodial so he could get out and walk around and enjoy the park some. His words: "The only bad part was cleaning turkey legs out of the plants near the exit of Expedition Everest."

From disaster to windfall.
(Well, from the kid’s point of view, anyway)
Hey! My wallet sprang a leak.

That’s one very happy yoiun’en there.

A common reaction when meeting you, I suspect.
Hey now!

Or needing more new clothes.
She'd have to just deal with it at that point. Budget was blown.

Gott’a agree here.
Much as I lover SW, the characters (especially when in character) are kind’a challenging when it come to the younger of the young’ens; leaves Disney with a bit of a fine line to walk with that franchise.

Agreed, but I had to skip it this last time.
That was tough.
That sucks.

And quite possibly the last.
I hope not! I think it would fit nicely in EPCOT actually. Innoventions is becoming more and more vacant all the time. Why not there?

Y’all are not having much pixy dust here…
Very un-Disney.
It wasn't a horrible day by any stretch but it just seemed we couldn't catch a break.

Probably…
But y’all were due, by this time.
About time!

Ahhhhh… that’s better.
For now.

Those things are a curse.
Bless the folks that need ‘em, but my lord they gum up the works.
Yes on both counts. I don't mean to lampoon scooters as a whole. If you need it, you need it and I'm glad that we have the technology to make life a little bit better.

But if you can't drive the damn thing without causing a scene, I'm here to point and laugh. :rotfl2:

Another glorious smile, and for an old school character.
Decent salvage for a bit of an up and down day.

So far behind I don’t think it really matters, but…
It doesn't, but thanks for trying. :thumbsup2

It’s Florida… the best odds will be for rain.

Space Mountain (to make up for missing RRNC)

Sleep… blessed sleep.

More pool time

Snack huh… Tough one…
Going out into leftfield with: LeFou's Brew
Got em!

in our house referred to as "worst bad guy ever". such a baby with the tantrums. :)

glad to see you are back and best wishes!
I like it! Honestly, I thought he was kind of a weak bad guy when I saw the movie, but then when I saw the SNL skit with Matt the radar technician, I can no longer take him seriously at all. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Looks like you're making some progress there...

I kind of like Aerosmith. I think that's why I love RnRC so much. Fun rollercoaster, fast launch, loops and a soundtrack from a band that I love. What's not to like?
The unavoidable feeling of needing to puke when you get off.

I'm not even going to keep score... :rolleyes1
:rotfl: Probably wise.

::yes:: She wears those Crocs all the time.

Honestly, I'm not sure they even knew. I wasn't looking when she was trying to get out of there, but when she started walking up the ramp they were all just standing there talking and I don't think they had any knowledge of the carnage she had left in her wake inside the boat.
:rotfl: Or perhaps they did know and were trying to avoid making eye contact with anyone. :rotfl:

ZZzzzzz....huh? What's this?

I looked up their entire library. Apparently there's one called, "Ain't That A B----."

When I last updated… you know, back in May, we had just boarded a boat to take us from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios.

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure we all remember.

I had made a FP for myself to ride Star Tours while they did Disney Junior, but I didn’t want to abandon them if they couldn’t go there. We talked it over and she told me to go ahead and ride Star Tours.

You ride Star Tours. They either do Disney Junior or shopping. You. Win.

The CM opened the doors, took one step into the speeder and then told us to turn around. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but he clearly smelled something. He walked up and down every row and finally located the offending odor below a seat in one of the middle rows.

What was @pkondz doing down there?

Ain't that a...

So… the one thing that we really made the effort to come to DHS for is now closed. So now what do we do?

Head straight for Guest Services and demand justice!

I laughed.

:rotfl2:

She wasn’t impressed. In fact she was terrified. I forget what he said but he got right in her face and did the force choke hand motion.

Yikes. That's a little intense, don't you think? Or, sticking with the Aerosmith theme:

Crazy.

Oh well, I guess now we don’t even have to worry about Vader. Just that whiny brat Ben Solo.

Spoiler.

Anyway, Rey Kenobi should take care of him.

I had reserved a FP for myself for ToT, so I went to use it!

Love In An Elevator.

I decided to slip into One Man’s Dream for the first time ever. I’ve always wanted to see it, but it isn’t something that the kids would want to do and since they apparently don’t let strollers in I’ve never attempted it. I wish I’d had more time to really check it all out, but I didn’t want to keep them waiting so I just made a quick stroll through the exhibit. At least I got to see it.

The models are by far the coolest part. Well, those and the multi-plane camera.

We made it just inside the door when the ride went offline once again.

CRAP!

Livin' On The Edge

15 minutes passed and enough people left that we had 3D glasses in hand and were close to the CM at the bottom of the stairs.

Then DD said she needed to go to the bathroom.

Livin' On The Edge! (sing with me)

A second scooter loaded into the boat. This one came bouncing off the dock, I'm pretty sure she caught some air, and onto the back of the boat. Without slowing down she whipped a U turn through the door, tires squealing and parked it squarely into the vacant spot next to the scooter already on the boat.

I'm actually not surprised. @franandaj has some mad scooter skillz.

She backed up hitting someone standing behind her. She still didn’t have an angle to get out the door, she pulled up slamming into the wall of the boat. She backed up again smoking the scooter that she was parked next to. I’ll just keep it short. Picture someone backing up and pulling forward on a scooter about 10 times with the wheels turned at various angles. There was an opening plenty wide for her to back out of the spot and go out the door and she managed to hit everything but that open space. I was glad DD wasn’t sitting in the stroller and it was folded in my lap, because the stroller next to us got hit twice.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: This sounds so entertaining.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m talking about the cronut.

And I guess my review will be kind of anticlimactic. It was good. But I can't say that it was worth all the hype and the cost.

:sad2:

Dude Looks Like A Lady.

fter we ate DD wanted to go see Donald. I thought she meant the ride, but apparently she remembered seeing Donald outside meeting guests when we walked past earlier in the day and she wanted to go give him a hug.

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing!

We headed for the exit with a stop in Mouse Gears to buy a few Ariel things for DD’s upcoming birthday party as well as some Star Wars gear to bring home for DS.

Wait, I thought that budget was spent on the new outfit!

Who ARE you??

GREAT shot there!:thumbsup2

Rain? Fog? Plague of locusts?

Fine, I'll go with rain.

Four. Mickey, Chip, Dale, Tinkerbell.

Be Our Guest. I guess.

Carousel of Progress
Tomorrowland Speedway
It's A Small World

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, after getting a nice view of it from the train.

Snooze in a chair by the pool?

Go swimming in the pool.

A beignet from POFQ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter