• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

After hearing your reviews about the locker situation I think we'll have to wait to take the kids to Universal until we are out of diapers. It sounds like such a pain. The Harry Potter area really looks neat. I think that would be a lot of fun to experience.
2. Which character meet fascinated me? (10 points)

3. I indicated that I had kind of a second breakfast at Lard Lad. Which of these did I get: The Big Pink, D’oh-nuts or Apple Fritter? (5 points)

4. What was my favorite shop in Diagon Alley? (10 points)

5. What was my last ride before leaving the park? (20 points)

6. I wanted to stop for a hurricane at a favorite bar of mine on the way out of CityWalk. I failed to research that it wouldn’t open until a couple of hours after I had to leave. Can you guess where I was trying to go? (20 points)

7. Was my hotel ready when I arrived to check in? (5 points)

8. Did I take pictures of the room? (10 points)

9. Our hotel was attached to the Convention Center by a skywalk. What was the distance in tenths and hundredths of a mile from the hotel lobby to the registration desk in the Convention Center? – points awarded based on how close guesses are
2. Transformers
3. The Big Pink D'oh Nut
4. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
5. Rip Ride Rockit
6. Pat O'Briens
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. .37

I want to thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Some of you know what is going on, and while I still don’t want to share everything on a public forum, I’ll share a little bit. We have discovered a problem with the baby. It isn’t anything that can be dealt with now. As far as being in womb goes, DW and the baby are fine, but the baby is going to need some extra care when born. Right now all we can do is wait and hope for the best.
I'm really sorry to hear this. Your family is in our prayers. We were told our fifth baby might have a heart defect and it was heartbreaking. I can't even describe the emotions we went through along with the deepest prayers we have ever prayed. We were even given the option to terminate, which was never an option. After many genetic tests and an in utero echo we were told we had a perfectly healthy baby. As a precaution the baby would have an echo after he was born. We delivered at a top hospital in the area. My delivery consisted of three obgyns, three nurses, a pediatric team, and a pediatric cardiology team. it was far from intimate. Today he is a healthy one year old. His middle name means blessed because we truly feel blessed. Life is so precious. My prayers for you and your family through this time.:hug:

I wanted to get to get there by 8:15 at the latest to line up by the turnstiles since I’ve heard that they occasionally open the gates before the posted time.

Sounds like a plan. You were only wrong on two of the two.

She was getting online to print boarding passes for their flight Sunday morning when she noticed that DD’s middle name was wrong on the ticket. She has a hyphenated middle name and since that is what it says on her birth certificate, we wanted to make sure it matched. Even though we didn’t need to have ID for her to fly, we wanted to be sure the ticket matched any database that the TSA might be checking tickets against. I tried to get online to see if I could modify the ticket and I was unable to do anything. So I ended up calling Delta and chatting with them for a while. They checked everything out and said that their ticketing system won’t recognize hyphens but we should be good to go.

At first I was thinking "Uh, oh." But I don't think it's going to be a problem.

When I arrived at the entrance to Citywalk

Wait! How'd you get there? Bus? Cab? Your own vehicle?

They pulled me to the side and wanded me.

Sweet! You're not even in the park and you get to experience the magic of Ollivanders!

Apparently my belt buckle had set it off.

Been there. Never sets anything off... Except Toronto.

This began my frustration with Universal Studios and their #@#$ metal detectors. Look, I understand the need for security. I get it. But I think they’ve got them cranked up to find somebody trying to sneak in with a paper clip in their pocket.

Yeah. Is there really a need for that? Set it to detect something the size of a pistol, perhaps.

They finally let me through and I was on my way into CityWalk.

All right. Here we go.

I arrived there at 8:30 and there were already a few lines formed. I joined one about 15 back from the turnstiles.

Not bad.

I scooted over to a new line and I ended up being 4th in line.

Better! But I know that as much as you were smiling, the guy who's still 14 back in that first line hates you right now.

Oh well, we were still in 5 minutes early.

:rolleyes1

This was my second time to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter there.

That's two more than me.

A few weeks before my trip, I saw ABC Family running a marathon of the movies so I DVRed them and managed to watch all 8 movies right before my trip. I was excited to get back to the Wizarding World and see it all again now that I might understand more of what I was seeing.

Did that too. Hadn't seen the last movie.

20160109_085713.jpg

You're right. The mist/haze makes it look better.

Many of the things I was impressed with the first time, I found more impressive this time since I actually knew what they were!

Good! So time well spent, then.

Well, I made sure to take my Dramamine this morning. Actually, I started taking it the day before to build it up in my system. I had breakfast so I wasn’t going in with an empty stomach. I’d planned everything out to make sure I was ready to ride and I felt pretty good about it.

Bring on the general shaking!

I really hate to say it, but I’m still not impressed by it.

Oh, well. Nice try, though.

The broom sequences still got to me. They were maybe not quite as bad as I remembered from the first time, but I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to go through another by the end of the ride.

I have zero frame of reference. Unless it's similar to Sum of all Thrills?

And those Dementors look like something my 6 year old could have made in his Kindergarten art class.

Really? That sucks.

I just about busted my… yeah.

Ankle. You were gonna say ankle, right?

But then after you finish walking down the ramp, you climb stairs back up to the platform.

Nice design. It doesn't go under anything does it?

There was hardly anyone waiting to board, so they apparently felt the need to cram us all into 2 rooms in one of the cars and leave the rest of them empty.

That's a theme park truism.
It's unavoidable.

I really liked the train ride. It was neat how you could see things going on out the window and see silhouettes and hear conversation of Hermione, Ron and Harry in the hallway outside.

Cool! That is worth the price of two parks.

Well, what the hell???

Keep looking! You'll find it! (Or go back to Pop. One of the two.)

I finally determined that I’m an idiot and it must be that cut out in the brick wall that I thought was some kind of an exit. I walked back and I was soon in Diagon Alley.

:laughing: Thanks. Now I'll know where to look and not look as stupid as.... uh... I mean, thanks!

I mean it is pretty hard to miss a fire breathing dragon on top of a building!

One would think so.
But this is the same person who missed the blatant entrance to Diagon Alley because some people weren't walking in the same direction he was.

I was soon loaded in with a family that included a little girl who was maybe about 4 or 5. As soon as we took off, she freaked out!

Oh. Joy.

At least it helped drown out this poor little girl who was crying hysterically and just wanted off the ride.

Always carry a ball gag with you.
One never knows when a "Pulp Fiction" moment will show up.

This is where I first encountered “the Minions.”

Uh, oh. (This time justified!)

It was a multi-generational group of probably 20+ people wearing Minions shirts

And terror swept the streets wherever they went.

They were blocking the entire exit ramp taking pictures next to the engine. Other guests and TMs tried telling them they could get the same picture outside of the train station, but they were having none of it. Eventually, a crack in their armor formed and people started moving through their blockade and out the exit.

:sad2:

Universal is so kind that they provide lockers for everyone to stash their valuables outside of the rides. However, they designed these areas when the only requirement was that you couldn’t take a bag in line with you. People like me who wore shorts with a pocket that you could zip were fine. Well now that everyone who has a wallet, keys, a cell phone or just anything at all has to use those lockers... Let’s just say inadequate doesn’t even begin to describe it. They don’t have enough lockers and nowhere near enough space to get people in and out of there.

Built during a kinder gentler time.
You know. Before they got sued. Again.

It took me 15 minutes just to get to a locker for a queue that was essentially a walk on. I can’t even imagine how horrible it would be when the park gets busy.

Nope. Nopity nope.
I had read on another TR about going to US empty handed. But... Sheesh!

I entered the queue and went through one of the metal detectors. Of course it goes off… I get pulled to the side to get wanded. I’m trying to tell him it is my frickin’ belt buckle, but the TM is accusing me of having something in my pocket. As this is going on, here come the Minions going right past me. It was at this point that I was starting to get fed up with Universal Studios.

No kidding! You got wanded.... for a freaking ride?!?!?!

But their change to rides that rely so heavily on motion simulator technology and practically being strip searched to ride one of my favorite roller coasters wasn’t sitting well with me. I was starting to wish I had chosen to do something else with my day.

Yeah. I can see how that wouldn't sit well. Sorry, dude.

Apparently, they decided that wasn’t what they wanted and about 8 of them left their assigned spots and got in line for the row in front of mine.

Just.... let 'em go. They're going to anyways.

The TM tried to explain that they wouldn’t get to ride together if they all wait in the same row, but he quickly just gave up and assigned other guests to fill in the rows that they had vacated.

Smart TM.

Kind of hard to tell time when your phone is locked in a locker.

On my way out of Hogsmeade, I stopped by the restroom. I noticed you could hear Moaning Myrtle in there. I appreciated this detail that they included in the park. I thought it was a nice touch and it was definitely something I wouldn’t have picked up on if I hadn’t watched the movies.

Cool!

I had purchased the Express Pass and this was the first ride that I actually felt the need to use it on

I forgot about that, since you hadn't used it yet.

They had ponchos on and were trying to use the lap bar hold the bottom of them down and form a water tight seal.

Okay....

Yes… think a couple of girls who are maybe 5’4” at the most trying to pin the lap bar as tight as possible as they can against their legs.

And they’re using the same lap bar as a guy who is 6’3”.

Ah! Now I get it.

They slammed it down on my leg 3 or 4 times before I braced my leg under it and just held it up.

:sad2:

I really can’t explain it, but just before we started down the hill something happened and my leg must have spasmed a little bit. It caused the bar to abruptly come back up a few inches and they were sitting upright for the splash. Oops. Sorry about that. :rolleyes1

:lmao:

It really looks like it will be a nice addition to the park. I’m sure it will have some high tech video screens and shake you around pretty good when it opens.

Would that be a first in that park?? :rolleyes:

I headed for Spiderman and I was finally starting to appreciate the fact that I paid for the Express Pass. The wait was posted at 45 minutes. I gave them my pass and I waited maybe 10 minutes to ride.

Not bad! How much was that again?

I paid close attention to the Single Rider line as it went through a room with the Express Pass line shortly before boarding and I definitely moved through there a whole lot faster than the Single Riders.

Good eye. I don't think I would've thought to compare the two.

Holy crap! There’s nothing there, except for the station and the initial launch tube. The rest of the track is gone!

:eek:

1. How many steps did I have today? If you answered before the last update, I have it down already. Only answer again if you want to change your answer.

3. I indicated that I had kind of a second breakfast at Lard Lad. Which of these did I get: The Big Pink, D’oh-nuts or Apple Fritter? (5 points)

6. I wanted to stop for a hurricane at a favorite bar of mine on the way out of CityWalk. I failed to research that it wouldn’t open until a couple of hours after I had to leave. Can you guess where I was trying to go? (20 points)

9. Our hotel was attached to the Convention Center by a skywalk. What was the distance in tenths and hundredths of a mile from the hotel lobby to the registration desk in the Convention Center? – points awarded based on how close guesses are

1. done
2. go with the flow... Transformers.
3. gotta go with D'oh nuts.
4. Hmmm... this one's tough, but I'm going with my gut. Borgin & Burkes.
5. How the heck do I know??? :confused2 MIB?
6. Pat O'Brien's. Because.... that's what everyone says.
7. yep
8. yep
9. 1/2 mile seems far, so.... 0.46

I want to thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Some of you know what is going on, and while I still don’t want to share everything on a public forum, I’ll share a little bit. We have discovered a problem with the baby. It isn’t anything that can be dealt with now. As far as being in womb goes, DW and the baby are fine, but the baby is going to need some extra care when born. Right now all we can do is wait and hope for the best.

I haven't been to any other place to see what if any updates, but will soon.
But you guys have been in my thoughts.

Oh Universal, the things you need to learn. I've not been in a few years, I think we visited IoA in 2013 specifically to take my Potter obsessed mom to see Hogsmead. It was ok. I totally agree that the detail work is great, they have super stepped up the game there. But somethings are just not right. Like your locker experience (what the heck?) or the prison level metal detectors, everywhere. The experience isn't where or what it should be. In my opinion.That's probably why we haven't been back, and don't really have any future plans to go again any time soon.

I'm sorry to hear there are troubles with the baby. I do sincerely hope that all is well with your new addition and that there are no lasting effects from whatever is going on. Sending you and your family good, healing thoughts. Be well.

I like hearing your perspective on Universal and Harry Potter. I'm sure we will get there someday, but not a high priority now. Seems like Universal relies pretty heavily on the motion simulation - but I prefer real movement, like a coaster, etc. And the metal detectors sound like a pain - especially if they are not just at park entrances, but individual rides too. And how annoying about the lap bar girls and the Minions. :headache:

Transformers

Apple Fritter

I have no clue, so I had to look up a list. I'll go with Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

The Simpsons

Pat O'Brien's, since I am just stealing everyone else's answer.

Yes

No

Well, Andy, a resounding victory has slipped through my hands. The fact that I am about 2 weeks too late here to even try was my undoing.

Well, that and I have absolutely NO idea about ANytHiNG at Universal. Nothing. Zip. Nada. But I am caught up and had to LOL at the teenage girls and the safety bar. What is even with that? Karma, though. Karma.

Andy, you are very, very definitely in my prayers! I commit to lifting you, your wife, and the newest little one up regularly, and bring before the Father of Life the whole situation.

Better to be safe than sorry. The one time you weren't to worry about something like that would be the time they question you guys out on it.
Exactly. It was worth the phone call for the peace of mind.

::yes:: Can't go wrong there.

I tend to get motion sickness on this ride as well. I think the only one worse for me at UOR is the Simpson's Ride (and MS:Orange at WDW :scared:) The main reason I go for the ride is to walk through Hogwarts. There may come a time in the near future where riding isnt worth the after effects, and I'll opt for a castle tour instead!
I think it would be cool if the castle was just a little more interactive. Like you could interact with the portraits. Or cause something to go horribly wrong in the Dark Arts room. A castle walkthrough could be a heck of an attraction in and of itself.

Definitely the worst part.
::yes::

Suprisingly this is the one attraction where the line seems SHORTER when you are stuck in line lol it definitley is a hike to get to the platform!
Good point.

KREACHER!
:thumbsup2

I definitely suggest doing this interaction next time you make your way over to UOR, Stan was probably one of my favorite at Universal!
If I'm not trying to cram everything into about 1/2 of a day, I might take a little more time for things like this... :thumbsup2

I give the win to Diagon Alley because you actually get to go INTO the shops, use your wand, etc.. Hogwarts is quite the sight to see but it feels like youre walking through a museum.
::yes:: Well said!

Agreed. It definitely had that Univeral trademark on it. It's kind of disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all of the rides at Universal, but alot of them are eerily similiar to eachother, just with a different story line.
Again, well said. I do like the attractions and many of the franchises celebrated in those attractions. But they just don't get creative enough from one attraction to the next. I mean with Disney, you have Dinosaur and Indiana Jones. Identical ride vehicles on identical tracks. The ride experiences are absolutely nothing alike.

At Universal, you have Transformers and Spiderman... Literally no difference aside from the bad guys. I remember thinking that the Transformers ride could have been so much better if there was a scene or 2 that wasn't all video screen. Actually have an AA Megatron arm taking a swipe at us or something. Do something to make it stand out!

This is when I would have walked right by them. I see this alot in Hogwarts as well.. I have no issue with people taking pictures in there. Take a million if you'd like.. But, dont hold up the line to do so. And definitely dont get angry when people start walking past you.

I try to put my stuff in a locker area AWAY from the ride lockers. It means a couple extra minutes you'll be without your stuff, but it also saves the aggravation of the ride locker area.
That's a good idea. Part of it might be that I wasn't familiar enough with that area of the park yet, but I didn't know of any close by that weren't either part of this ride or Forbidden Journey.

That just makes no sense. Oh well, their problem I guess.

This is a pretty awesome detail. You'll pick up on even MORE if you get around to reading the books!:thumbsup2
I'm sure I will eventually.

:rotfl2:So much for those ponchos!

I cant wait!!! really hoping it stays on schedule and is open for our trip in September. I was never at Universal for the original Kong ride, so this is definitely on my to-do list!
I remember the original King Kong. It was kind of a cool ride. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a huge loss, IMO and worth the sacrifice be replaced by the Mummy.

But it was a good dark ride that relied on some pretty good AA effects. Having just put it that way, I miss it even more seeing the direction everything else is going in this park. :rotfl2:

Idk how they would be able to do that. I really hope they don't. I heard the new coaster will be similar, but longer in duration.
This would be the best case scenario.

I'll keep my answer the same

I would say the raptor encounter, but I see you already by-passed tha tone. So, maybe Bumble Bee?

D'oh-nuts

MY favorite is Borgin & Burkes, but thats technically Knockturn Alley. I'll guess the Magical Menagerie.

Transformers

Pat O'Briens

Nope, you didnt have time because your room took so long to be ready.

Got em!

God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Whatever the issues may be I'll keep you in my prayers, and remember that with love you and your DW can handle whatever is thrown at you!
Thank you.

So I've been hoping for the past couple days to sit down and give a proper reply here, but it just isn't happening. Most days I'm finding the only time I have for DIS replies is on my phone, so I'm going to have to make this brief.
I understand entirely. I'll read on my phone, but replying just doesn't work very well. The hard part is just remembering to reply when I get a chance later. :rotfl:

I did want to thank you for telling it like it is about US/IOA. We are spending two nights at the Lowe's Royal Pacific Hotel in order to see the new Harry Potter stuff, and I had been debating as to whether or not to get a one day or two day pass. Your report has made that decision for me. We're just going to go the one day and then head over to Disney as soon as we check out of the hotel. All I really want to do is ride Gringott's and the Hogwarts Express and then check out the shops and go through the queue of Forbidden Journey. I don't want to risk riding it again even with Dramamine.
Well, thank you. I kind of felt bad posting so much negativity. I do like Universal and have been there many times. I remember the day I was there thinking that I don't care if/when I come back. I've come around a bit since then. I know that I'll definitely go back again, and I'm glad I spent this day there, because I did have a lot of fun. But I also had a lot of frustration.

It might be a few years before I go back. We're planning to go back to WDW summer of 2017 with my parents and sisters. My sister wants to go to US, and I've told her that we really aren't interested so they can go on ahead and we'll just spend that time at Disney World.

Although the siren song of Hulk being re-opened could change that. I seriously love that roller coaster.

I'm sorry you encountered so many annoyances. That's pretty stupid to pair a 6ft + guy with tiny girls if you all weren't in the same party when you are sharing a lap bar. That family sounded really annoying with all the selfies and having to take pictures of everyone in every combination.
It is what it is. It added to my frustrations, but Universal can't control the fact that they had guests who are stuck in their own little world.

So did I get points for saying Lard Lad donuts even if you haven't eaten there yet? :hyper:

Don't remember what I said, but I'll stick with it.

Transformers

You gotta get the Big Pink! I'm putting that on my list for April and when I showed it to Fran, she said, "Let's get a dozen!"

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

Men in Black

Pat O'Briens

Got em!

I just realized in my haste to get my contest answers in I neglected to adress your family situation. I hope that with your extra care everything with the new baby comes out for the best. My sister had challenges with her last two pregnancies and I can only imagine how difficult that must be. I hope everything works out for the best.
Thank you.

Man, I love Cinnabon. Although strangely I have never gone to the one at Citywalk. There isn't one where I live, which is probably a good thing since I can see me putting on a lot of cinnamon bun weight...
I can relate... Don't get to eat it often, but it is some good stuff!

I've ridden Forbidden Journey on three different trips. The first time I was really impressed. But it's definitely been wearing off. It should be impressive, but I'm kind of like you, I think. Once a trip is OK, but not more. It's strange because I can re-ride much "simpler" ride like Pirates or Haunted Mansion without getting bored.
Yeah... this is where I am. I think some of those simpler rides put more into the details, because they have to. This ride seems like all of the detail is in the queue... and then on the ride they just try to distract you with the ride movement and videos while the rest of the set is a little bit lackluster, IMO.

It's already been answered, but yeah, it's Kreacher, Sirius Black's house elf. I am still mad that I forgot to show my DD that. I had read that he was in the window but totally forgot about it.
:thumbsup2 I knew it was there... I saw it once. But I basically looked right before he closed the curtain and I forgot who it was supposed to be.

I must have looked similarly confused when I walked past it because I had a TM ask if I was looking for Diagon Alley. Although it's kind of hidden, I guess that's really the point and they really kept it feeling authentic when you compare it to the scene in the first movie.
Oh yeah, they did a great job. I'd heard it is "hidden" and they really did do a good job hiding it.

Agreed. I spent more time just walking around Diagon Alley. Knockturn Alley was interesting, too.

It seems like Gringotts breaks down a lot. I never did get to ride it. I tried twice. I broke down while I was in the queue (outside) both times. Still didn't see the goblin bank.
That stinks! You must have been there when it was relatively new??? I mean it was fairly long wait when I was there and the line was completely inside the building.

1. already answered
2. I'll say one of the Transformers. Optimus Prime? I think to be fascinating, it probably needs to be a character you can interact with.
3. D'Oh-nuts
4. Borgin and Burkes (dark wizard shop in Knockturn Alley)
5. The Mummy
6. I'll go with the masses and say Pat O'Briens
7. Yes
8. Yes (bucking the trend...)
9. 0.73 miles
got em!

I appreciate your openness. A trouble during pregnancy is truly heart-wrenching. Before my DD was born, we had some concern about her health due to an illness my wife contracted during pregnancy. She was fine in the end. I know it's probably not the same as what you're going through, but I can imagine how difficult it can be. I hope everything turns out OK in the end.
It's different, but at the same time we don't know the extent to what we're dealing with so I think we can relate in that regard. It's just a matter of waiting and seeing.

GREAT Chapter Title!
Thanks!

I am so glad you binged the movies before your trip. It really does help in appreciating the details in the Harry Potter lands.
It did help. I mean, they stand on their own merit just in the quality of it all, but having that background definitely helps.

That walkway is RIDIKULUS! The first time we rode the Hogwarts Express I commented that we have already walked most of the way to London!
I remember that and I couldn't help but think about it. And I totally agree!

Did you notice the same issue in the Gringott's ride? You take the elevator down to the bottom level, get out and then have to take the spiral stairs to the loading area. Couldn't they have stopped the elevator a couple of floors earlier?
I did single rider, and I don't recall an elevator. Steps maybe? I don't really remember going down, although I remember going up the spiral steps. Is the elevator really an elevator?

Thinking back though, it does seem that the queue is at least partially under the track, and then the stairs take you back up to the loading platform.

On our first Hogwarts Express trip, it was just the 4 of us in the trolley cabin. it was wonderful. But on all of our other trips, we had to share with obnoxious people (other than my family members)

:crowded:
I only rode twice and they really crowded us in both times. I was by myself and I remember one time getting a dirty look because they couldn't believe I was getting in their car and they had to cram in to make room... I just did what the TM told me...

I didn't see if anyone answered, but Kreacher-Sirius Black's house elf who now belongs to Harry.

(Yes, I WAS the annoying Hermione Granger type in school)

You should have told the TM "If you're going to wand me, at least use a proper magical wand!"
You know, if I'd opened my mouth at that point, if anything creative and colorful came out of my mouth, it wouldn't have been a good creative and colorful. :rotfl:

I believe the course will remain essentially the same, but the track will be extended for a ride that is a little longer. That's good, right?
I hope so... Time will tell.

I agree that the metal detector/locker situation is annoying. We had 3 trips to US before they installed them and I could ride everything without using the lockers by wearing my handy-dandy fanny pack. The August trip was the first time we had to use the lockers. The most annoying thing is that an entire bay of lockers is controlled by one touch screen, so if you have idiots trying to use the screen in your bay, and they can't get it to work, it holds you up and there is nothing you can do about it.
You are so right!!! And part of the problem at Dragon Challenge was that people were having trouble and the TM's kept having to move from station to station and over ride them. And when it is so crowded in there that you can't even move, that takes a while. I remember watching them in there and thinking that would be the absolute worst job to have in the parks. People constantly yelling at you and you have no semblance of personal space at all the whole time you're workin

Got em... all of them, not just the mileage.

After hearing your reviews about the locker situation I think we'll have to wait to take the kids to Universal until we are out of diapers. It sounds like such a pain. The Harry Potter area really looks neat. I think that would be a lot of fun to experience.
It almost might be better to take them while in diapers. Because they won't be able to ride anything anyway and you'll have to take turns so someone can hold your stuff.

But then again... their rider swap works by making you wait in line and then hand off near the load area, so you really can't take a bag or any "contraband" into those lines anyway. So maybe waiting until they're older might be best...

2. Transformers
3. The Big Pink D'oh Nut
4. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
5. Rip Ride Rockit
6. Pat O'Briens
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. .37
Got em!

I'm really sorry to hear this. Your family is in our prayers. We were told our fifth baby might have a heart defect and it was heartbreaking. I can't even describe the emotions we went through along with the deepest prayers we have ever prayed. We were even given the option to terminate, which was never an option. After many genetic tests and an in utero echo we were told we had a perfectly healthy baby. As a precaution the baby would have an echo after he was born. We delivered at a top hospital in the area. My delivery consisted of three obgyns, three nurses, a pediatric team, and a pediatric cardiology team. it was far from intimate. Today he is a healthy one year old. His middle name means blessed because we truly feel blessed. Life is so precious. My prayers for you and your family through this time.:hug:
Thank you. I'm glad that your bad news ended up turning out not so bad! We're kind of in the process now where we get to go through more tests. I don't want to share details publically, but it sounds like we might be doing some similar tests to what you experienced.

Sounds like a plan. You were only wrong on two of the two.
100% that's pretty good!

At first I was thinking "Uh, oh." But I don't think it's going to be a problem.
I wasn't sure, but it was worth the phone call just to be sure.

Wait! How'd you get there? Bus? Cab? Your own vehicle?
I drove from home to Orlando... I kind of figured it went without saying...

Sweet! You're not even in the park and you get to experience the magic of Ollivanders!
Hey! The wand picked me!!

Been there. Never sets anything off... Except Toronto.
:headache::sad2:

Yeah. Is there really a need for that? Set it to detect something the size of a pistol, perhaps.
No kidding. I mean I saw the news that metal detectors were going in at WDW and Universal and Sea World. And I get it. Really, I do. I hate the fact that they're there, but with the world we live in it makes sense.

But I used to work for the USDA and went through a lot of metal detectors in Federal buildings over my 4 years there. I have 2 belts... 1 black, 1 brown and I've had them for as long as I can remember and I can assure you I've worn them both through several of those metal detectors numerous times. The fact that Universal is more stringent with their metal detectors than Federal buildings just blows my mind.

All right. Here we go.
Finally.

Not at all... I got there plenty early.

Better! But I know that as much as you were smiling, the guy who's still 14 back in that first line hates you right now.
He could have moved too... :rolleyes1

That's two more than me.
You can change that, you know. :rolleyes1

Did that too. Hadn't seen the last movie.
I really liked the last one. I think they got better towards the end.

You're right. The mist/haze makes it look better.

Good! So time well spent, then.

Bring on the general shaking!
:crazy2:

Oh, well. Nice try, though.
I actually went back and read my TR from the first time I rode it. I had nicer things to say about it then than I do after my second time riding and having actually watched the movies.

I have zero frame of reference. Unless it's similar to Sum of all Thrills?
Probably a little bit. The seat is on a similar arm that moves along a track, but the video screens are projections on what appears to be a large concave screen.

Really? That sucks.
Yeah... it's just like all the detail went into the queue. They tried to distract you on the ride with technology, movement and the video screens. But the dark ride portion in between the screens wasn't all that fantastic, IMO. Disney would take advantage of those scenes to wow you with details and little things to pick up on over multiple rides. This ride is kind of sparse in that regard.

Ankle. You were gonna say ankle, right?
Sure.

Nice design. It doesn't go under anything does it?
Nope. It just basically makes a double deck queue. You have winding queues on the basement level and the loading platform above.

That's a theme park truism.
It's unavoidable.

Cool! That is worth the price of two parks.
::yes:: It really is. It's a cool addition. Which they were banking on. apparently to the tune of $150 per day now.

Keep looking! You'll find it! (Or go back to Pop. One of the two.)
At this point... don't tempt me!

:laughing: Thanks. Now I'll know where to look and not look as stupid as.... uh... I mean, thanks!
Yeah, yeah...

One would think so.
But this is the same person who missed the blatant entrance to Diagon Alley because some people weren't walking in the same direction he was.
:headache:

I felt sorry for her. And her parents. She was totally cool with it until we went down a hill and into the dark. :faint:

Always carry a ball gag with you.
One never knows when a "Pulp Fiction" moment will show up.
:rotfl2:

Uh, oh. (This time justified!)

And terror swept the streets wherever they went.
::yes:: But the one redeeming quality was that seeing those yellow shirts around the parks made it easy to avoid them. Kind of like the idea of looking for that tour group flag and going the other way.

Built during a kinder gentler time.
You know. Before they got sued. Again.
Good point. I wish stupid people could be held accountable for their stupidity so that we don't all have to pay for it.

Not that I blame the ones who were injured on Dragon Challenge... I blame the idiots who can't secure their stuff.

Nope. Nopity nope.
I had read on another TR about going to US empty handed. But... Sheesh!
And here's the thing... can't take a wallet, phone or keys on the ride. Um... like I'm going to leave those 3 things sitting in a vehicle. Even with a free locker, I was very, very apprehensive of leaving my wallet in a theme park locker... I mean we're talking my cash, credit cards and id. I almost considered buying on of Universal's Lanyards just so that I could empty the card slots in my wallet and take them with me.

No kidding! You got wanded.... for a freaking ride?!?!?!
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Yeah. I can see how that wouldn't sit well. Sorry, dude.
Thanks... it didn't sit well at all.

Just.... let 'em go. They're going to anyways.

I forgot about that, since you hadn't used it yet.
I hadn't forgot about it, but was starting to wonder if it was a waste of money.

Ah! Now I get it.

Would that be a first in that park?? :rolleyes:
It would be the first time they made a King Kong ride using that kind of technology.

But not the first time using that technology.

Nor the first time for a King Kong ride.

So it would be completely an entirely new concept.

Not bad! How much was that again?
About $70, I think.

Good eye. I don't think I would've thought to compare the two.
Well, after I spent the money, I wanted to see if it paid off. I obviously know how much time it saved me vs. the standby lines, but I also wanted to see if it saved me time vs. the single rider lines that I had access to for free. I couldn't do a head to head comparison on all the rides, but I tried to take note of it where I could and I'd always try to pay attention to who got into line when I did. I don't know if it saved me 5, 10 or 20 minutes vs. the single rider lines on some of the rides, but I feel comfortable that in most cases, I came out well ahead of where I'd have been doing Single Rider.

1. done
2. go with the flow... Transformers.
3. gotta go with D'oh nuts.
4. Hmmm... this one's tough, but I'm going with my gut. Borgin & Burkes.
5. How the heck do I know??? :confused2 MIB?
6. Pat O'Brien's. Because.... that's what everyone says.
7. yep
8. yep
9. 1/2 mile seems far, so.... 0.46
Got em!

I haven't been to any other place to see what if any updates, but will soon.
But you guys have been in my thoughts.
Thanks.

Wait, wait, wait...you didn't know anything HP related until here recently?!? How did I not know this? And how did it take you that long? Shameful!

Those lockers and metal detectors sound really frustrating. I didn't realize they had the detectors in front of some of the rides, too.

I always figured the lockers were helpful. I wish they had them in front of Manta at Sea World, but I could see how not having enough would be a problem. I'm sure 10 years ago it was no big deal, because Universal wasn't that busy, but now...definitely need to install more.

1. How many steps did I have today? If you answered before the last update, I have it down already. Only answer again if you want to change your answer.

Transformers?

D'oh-nuts

The Weasley Joke Shop

Rip Ride Rocket

Margaretaville

Yeah

No.

2/10ths of a mile.

I drove from home to Orlando... I kind of figured it went without saying...

Nope. I'm totally in the dark with all things Uni.
We drove down to Orlando, parked the van and didn't use it again until we left for home.
So I wasn't sure if due to parking/traffic/whatever it would be better to take a shuttle there or not.

The fact that Universal is more stringent with their metal detectors than Federal buildings just blows my mind.

Actually that doesn't overly surprise me.
I would think that a theme park getting hit would have a much higher impact on people than a federal building.
Depending on the building of course.

You can change that, you know. :rolleyes1

I know. Maybe someday.

I really liked the last one. I think they got better towards the end.

Probably a little bit. The seat is on a similar arm that moves along a track, but the video screens are projections on what appears to be a large concave screen.

Ah. Got it.

It's a cool addition. Which they were banking on. apparently to the tune of $150 per day now.

Yowzers.

::yes:: But the one redeeming quality was that seeing those yellow shirts around the parks made it easy to avoid them. Kind of like the idea of looking for that tour group flag and going the other way.

Good point. We saw one tour group (complete with flags). Luckily though, they stopped and we scooted ahead of 'em.

Good point. I wish stupid people could be held accountable for their stupidity so that we don't all have to pay for it.

Yep.
But that's where the term "lowest common denominator" comes in.

Not that I blame the ones who were injured on Dragon Challenge... I blame the idiots who can't secure their stuff.

And here's the thing... can't take a wallet, phone or keys on the ride. Um... like I'm going to leave those 3 things sitting in a vehicle. Even with a free locker, I was very, very apprehensive of leaving my wallet in a theme park locker... I mean we're talking my cash, credit cards and id. I almost considered buying on of Universal's Lanyards just so that I could empty the card slots in my wallet and take them with me.

That would make me plenty nervous too.
So a lanyard is safe... but a back pocket that you're sitting on isn't?

About $70, I think.

I think I'd do it for that much too.

Oh Universal, the things you need to learn. I've not been in a few years, I think we visited IoA in 2013 specifically to take my Potter obsessed mom to see Hogsmead. It was ok. I totally agree that the detail work is great, they have super stepped up the game there. But somethings are just not right. Like your locker experience (what the heck?) or the prison level metal detectors, everywhere. The experience isn't where or what it should be. In my opinion.That's probably why we haven't been back, and don't really have any future plans to go again any time soon.
I think that's a pretty accurate statement. They do the theming very well. They even take it to a Disney level. But the experience as a whole, just isn't on par with what Disney offers.

I'm sorry to hear there are troubles with the baby. I do sincerely hope that all is well with your new addition and that there are no lasting effects from whatever is going on. Sending you and your family good, healing thoughts. Be well.
Thank you.

I like hearing your perspective on Universal and Harry Potter. I'm sure we will get there someday, but not a high priority now. Seems like Universal relies pretty heavily on the motion simulation - but I prefer real movement, like a coaster, etc. And the metal detectors sound like a pain - especially if they are not just at park entrances, but individual rides too. And how annoying about the lap bar girls and the Minions. :headache:
I'm with you on the real movement vs. motion simulators. I love roller coasters, but I can only do the motion simulator thing in small doses. They seem to rely more on those every time I go back there.

The metal detector thing was a huge PITA. That really irritated me more than anything. I don't particularly care for being wanded/searched/questioned multiple times in a day just so I can ride a rollercoaster.

Transformers

Apple Fritter

I have no clue, so I had to look up a list. I'll go with Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

The Simpsons

Pat O'Brien's, since I am just stealing everyone else's answer.

Got em!

Well, Andy, a resounding victory has slipped through my hands. The fact that I am about 2 weeks too late here to even try was my undoing.
Hey, it's not too late. Some updates will be worth more than others and there will still be chances for some to earn negative points.

Besides, you've already got 5 points on the board from the PTR that I'm waiting to give you.

Well, that and I have absolutely NO idea about ANytHiNG at Universal. Nothing. Zip. Nada. But I am caught up and had to LOL at the teenage girls and the safety bar. What is even with that? Karma, though. Karma.
I normally wouldn't do something like that. But I was overly frustrated by that point. And they got what they deserved.

Andy, you are very, very definitely in my prayers! I commit to lifting you, your wife, and the newest little one up regularly, and bring before the Father of Life the whole situation.
Thank you.

Wait, wait, wait...you didn't know anything HP related until here recently?!? How did I not know this? And how did it take you that long? Shameful!
I knew he wore glasses and was a wizard. What else is there to know? :rolleyes1

Those lockers and metal detectors sound really frustrating. I didn't realize they had the detectors in front of some of the rides, too.
It is a new addition within the past few months. I hate them with a passion.

I always figured the lockers were helpful. I wish they had them in front of Manta at Sea World, but I could see how not having enough would be a problem. I'm sure 10 years ago it was no big deal, because Universal wasn't that busy, but now...definitely need to install more.
They used to be helpful when you just had to pop in to the locker area and stash a bag. But now that everyone who has keys or a phone in their pocket has to use them too, helpful is the last word I'd use to describe it.

Transformers?

D'oh-nuts

The Weasley Joke Shop

Rip Ride Rocket

Margaretaville

2/10ths of a mile.
Got em!

Nope. I'm totally in the dark with all things Uni.
We drove down to Orlando, parked the van and didn't use it again until we left for home.
So I wasn't sure if due to parking/traffic/whatever it would be better to take a shuttle there or not.
Well, in this case, I was moving from a Disney resort to a Universal park to an off property resort in the course of one day. So driving was definitely the best option. But if I'd definitely drive to Universal if I was going from a Disney resort on a day trip. To me it is easily the best option if you have something to drive.

But that's where the term "lowest common denominator" comes in.
Good point.

That would make me plenty nervous too.
So a lanyard is safe... but a back pocket that you're sitting on isn't?
I didn't get it either... They sold these little lanyards that basically just had a clear plastic pouch. I assume they were for your tickets, but I figured you could probably slip your drivers license and credit cards in one as well.

I think I'd do it for that much too.
::yes:: I think it depends on the situation. But if you only have a day it definitely helps. I think if I was going for a day trip with the family rather than just myself, I'd stay at a Universal resort though and take advantage of the early entry and the free Express Pass.

I was getting ready to go get some breakfast when I got a call from DW. She was getting online to print boarding passes for their flight Sunday morning when she noticed that DD’s middle name was wrong on the ticket. She has a hyphenated middle name and since that is what it says on her birth certificate, we wanted to make sure it matched. Even though we didn’t need to have ID for her to fly, we wanted to be sure the ticket matched any database that the TSA might be checking tickets against.

It is always a fear of mine that i am going to spell my name wrong on my plane ticket haha. It's good that it didn't cause any problems

This began my frustration with Universal Studios and their #@#$ metal detectors. Look, I understand the need for security. I get it. But I think they’ve got them cranked up to find somebody trying to sneak in with a paper clip in their pocket.

Wow, good thing you didn't have a hip or knee replacement, you would of never got in lol

A few weeks before my trip, I saw ABC Family running a marathon of the movies so I DVRed them and managed to watch all 8 movies right before my trip. I was excited to get back to the Wizarding World and see it all again now that I might understand more of what I was seeing.

Did you like the movies?

I know a lot of people love this one. And I hate to bash it. It is a good ride. I’m sure I’ll ride it again. But once a trip is more than enough for me

I feel the same way about this ride. I am a pretty big Potter fan (read the books & saw the movies) but one time is enough for me. I get a headache after riding, because there is so much going on.

I noticed the dude in the window (help me out Potter fans) at 12 Grimmauld Place. I wanted to try to get a picture of him, but I clearly didn’t stick around long enough to see the curtain open again.

20160109_100032_1.jpg

Was it Serious Black?? I never been to the Diagon Alley side yet! Nice little touch to detail though

I finally determined that I’m an idiot and it must be that cut out in the brick wall that I thought was some kind of an exit. I walked back and I was soon in Diagon Alley.

Good thing you didn't have to tap the bricks with your wand to get in :rotfl:

Looks awesome!

This is where I first encountered “the Minions.” The Minions were a family who didn’t speak English as a first language. It was a multi-generational group of probably 20+ people wearing Minions shirts. I had the pleasure of being behind them in the queue.

There is something about minions i just hate so i can't imagine being stuck in a swarm of people all looking like minions. I would of had to throw something at them lol :scared1:

It took me 15 minutes just to get to a locker for a queue that was essentially a walk on. I can’t even imagine how horrible it would be when the park gets busy.

not a big fan of the whole locker thing at Universal. Seems very disorganized. Not to mention my finger print never works getting my bag out.

I noticed you could hear Moaning Myrtle in there. I appreciated this detail that they included in the park. I thought it was a nice touch and it was definitely something I wouldn’t have picked up on if I hadn’t watched the movies.

That was my favorite part of the park!! haha

Holy crap! There’s nothing there, except for the station and the initial launch tube. The rest of the track is gone!

20160109_114250.jpg

WHOA. That is crazy they just took the whole ride down like that.

Questions for the next update:

1. Ok, considering you walked passed Diagon Alley twice while looking for it, i am going to add a little mores step to mine lol.
So, 20,147
2. Transformers
3. The big Pink
4. Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes
5. The mummy
6. Pat O'Brien's (going with the group on this one lol)
7. Yes
8. No
9. .47

So sorry to hear this, definitely praying for you.

Last edited:
I didn't get it either... They sold these little lanyards that basically just had a clear plastic pouch. I assume they were for your tickets, but I figured you could probably slip your drivers license and credit cards in one as well.

And slip a shiv in your sock.
I hear that neighborhood can be plenty rough.

I think if I was going for a day trip with the family rather than just myself, I'd stay at a Universal resort though and take advantage of the early entry and the free Express Pass.

Good point.

One time when I was a teenager, my plane ticket said Cnythia vs. Cynthia. No one ever said anything, but the nickname stuck, much to my dismay!

Can't wait for your next update!

I was getting ready to go get some breakfast when I got a call from DW. She was getting online to print boarding passes for their flight Sunday morning when she noticed that DD’s middle name was wrong on the ticket. She has a hyphenated middle name and since that is what it says on her birth certificate, we wanted to make sure it matched. Even though we didn’t need to have ID for her to fly, we wanted to be sure the ticket matched any database that the TSA might be checking tickets against. I tried to get online to see if I could modify the ticket and I was unable to do anything. So I ended up calling Delta and chatting with them for a while. They checked everything out and said that their ticketing system won’t recognize hyphens but we should be good to go.

I understand your fear, how awful would it be if that kept her from flying :sad2:

I stopped on the way in and grabbed a cinnamon roll and a bottle of water from the Cinnabon in CityWalk and I took them with me to eat while I was waiting on IoA to open.

Yum, I think the Cinnabon worked out better than POP

First up was a visit to Hogsmeade to ride the Forbidden Journey. This was my second time to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter there. The first time, I thought all the theming was cool, but I didn’t really know what anything was. A few weeks before my trip, I saw ABC Family running a marathon of the movies so I DVRed them and managed to watch all 8 movies right before my trip. I was excited to get back to the Wizarding World and see it all again now that I might understand more of what I was seeing.

I'm impressed you got through them all :thumbsup2

I really hate to say it, but I’m still not impressed by it.

:scared1: I don't think we can be friends :confused:

I got in line for the HOGWARTS Express (@SarahDisney). I can’t believe that queue. You walk down one of the longest ramps ever… which was wet. I just about busted my… yeah. But then after you finish walking down the ramp, you climb stairs back up to the platform.

It is crazy long but I had to wait in it when it was full so I didn't experience the tiring walk you did

Well, what the hell???
That's too funny :rotfl2:

I used to love going to Universal. I spent a week at Universal with friends about 10 years ago. We didn’t go to the Disney parks at all(although we visited DTD, the Boardwalk and Wide World of Sports), but we went to US or IoA every day and had a blast. I couldn’t even begin to count the number of times I rode Hulk, Dragon Challenge or the Mummy that week.

But their change to rides that rely so heavily on motion simulator technology and practically being strip searched to ride one of my favorite roller coasters wasn’t sitting well with me. I was starting to wish I had chosen to do something else with my day.

I'm sorry you were having a bad time this morning. I do agree with you though, there is so much hype around Universal and I just don't get it. Yes they did a great job with theming and are giving Disney a run for their money, but it's pretty much all simulation-type rides :confused3

On my way out of Hogsmeade, I stopped by the restroom. I noticed you could hear Moaning Myrtle in there. I appreciated this detail that they included in the park. I thought it was a nice touch and it was definitely something I wouldn’t have picked up on if I hadn’t watched the movies.
That's cool I didn't know that

It really looks like it will be a nice addition to the park. I’m sure it will have some high tech video screens and shake you around pretty good when it opens.

:rotfl:

That's crazy, I had no idea they completely dismantled it

I will continue to have your family in my thoughts, glad to hear they are both fine though.

2. Optimus Prime

3. D’oh-nuts

4. Quiddich Shop

5. Mummy

6. Margaritaville

7. yes

8. no

9. .61 miles

It is always a fear of mine that i am going to spell my name wrong on my plane ticket haha. It's good that it didn't cause any problems
I thought it would be Ok, but I just wanted to make sure. I didn't want them to have to deal with a problem at the airport, so worth the phone call to be sure.

Wow, good thing you didn't have a hip or knee replacement, you would of never got in lol
No kidding!

Did you like the movies?
I did... I wasn't too impressed with the first 3 or 4, but I was glad I stuck with it and watched them all because I really liked the last few movies.

I feel the same way about this ride. I am a pretty big Potter fan (read the books & saw the movies) but one time is enough for me. I get a headache after riding, because there is so much going on.
It's those screens... instant headache.

Was it Serious Black?? I never been to the Diagon Alley side yet! Nice little touch to detail though
No, according to Google and several others reading this TR, it is Kreacher.

Good thing you didn't have to tap the bricks with your wand to get in :rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: I don't know, I was about to tap some bricks as hard as I could with one of those security wands.

Looks awesome!
It definitely is. :thumbsup2

There is something about minions i just hate so i can't imagine being stuck in a swarm of people all looking like minions. I would of had to throw something at them lol :scared1:
:rotfl2: Well there was the temptation to offer to take their picture and then when they handed me the phone, launch it as far as I could. I wouldn't want to throw it at them though because it would be too easy to retrieve. :rotfl:

not a big fan of the whole locker thing at Universal. Seems very disorganized. Not to mention my finger print never works getting my bag out.
Yeah... I didn't even mention the fingerprint thing. But I had to try a few times to get it to read.

That was my favorite part of the park!! haha
It was really a nice touch. It definitely shows how much attention they pay to the detail.

WHOA. That is crazy they just took the whole ride down like that.
I know! I couldn't believe it!

1. Ok, considering you walked passed Diagon Alley twice while looking for it, i am going to add a little mores step to mine lol.
So, 20,147
2. Transformers
3. The big Pink
4. Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes
5. The mummy
6. Pat O'Brien's (going with the group on this one lol)
7. Yes
8. No
9. .47
Got em!

So sorry to hear this, definitely praying for you.
Thank you.

One time when I was a teenager, my plane ticket said Cnythia vs. Cynthia. No one ever said anything, but the nickname stuck, much to my dismay!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Can't wait for your next update!
It might be a while... this week and next are both kind of busy and I haven't even started typing it.

I understand your fear, how awful would it be if that kept her from flying :sad2:
I just really wanted to make sure that they didn't have to deal with any problems at the airport.

Yum, I think the Cinnabon worked out better than POP
I think so. It was good and there was really no line. It was quick and easy.

I'm impressed you got through them all :thumbsup2
It took a few late nights watching them after everybody went to bed. I think I finished 1 or 2 nights before I left.

:scared1: I don't think we can be friends :confused:
I'm sorry.
Honestly though, I love the castle and the queue. The video portions of the ride just don't sit well with me. I think if there was more detail in the scenes between the videos, I'd probably like it more. But the spiders and the dementors just aren't that impressive to me and there's not really anything but darkness and a few AA figures. It just feels like all the detail is in the queue and they skimped out a little on the ride.

It is crazy long but I had to wait in it when it was full so I didn't experience the tiring walk you did
I'm glad I didn't have to wait in that line! Do you remember how long your wait was? Thankfully, I didn't have to experience it, but it seems like the train is kind of a slow loading attraction. I realize it has a decent capacity, but it just looks like it could be a pretty long wait if the line was backed up very far.

That's too funny :rotfl2:
I knew it was supposed to be hard to find... yet I still kept thinking it was an exit to something. :sad2: :faint:

I'm sorry you were having a bad time this morning. I do agree with you though, there is so much hype around Universal and I just don't get it. Yes they did a great job with theming and are giving Disney a run for their money, but it's pretty much all simulation-type rides :confused3
Yeah, it seems like the park just continues to get more and more one dimensional all the time. They've essentially eliminated the rides you can do as a family and you're relegated to Woody's coaster and Dr. Seuss for the kids.

That's cool I didn't know that
I'm kind of glad I saw the movie before I went in there so I knew what was going on!

That's crazy, I had no idea they completely dismantled it
Yeah... I mean I knew it was a major refurb, but I had no idea it was that extreme.

I will continue to have your family in my thoughts, glad to hear they are both fine though.
Thank you.

2. Optimus Prime

3. D’oh-nuts

4. Quiddich Shop

5. Mummy

6. Margaritaville

7. yes

8. no

9. .61 miles
Got em!

Questions for the next update:

2. Optimus Prime and/or Bumblebee

3. D'oh-nuts

4. Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes

5. Mummy

6. Red Coconut Club (based on Googling the bars at Citywalk and their operating hours, because I have no life and I'm tired of being at the bottom of the leaderboard, not that I think this will help)

7. yes

8. Yes

9. 0.18

That stinks! You must have been there when it was relatively new??? I mean it was fairly long wait when I was there and the line was completely inside the building.
Yeah, it was October 2014. I think it opened that summer, so still pretty new. If I get down again hopefully I'll have better luck. (our Canadian dollar needs to improve again before I take another trip)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter