I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

Next Update Questions:

1. Would we make it in time to use the first FP+? (25 points)

2. Will I ride RnRC? (50 points)

3. What attraction do I get to try for the first time? (15 points)

4. Which ride breaking down really screwed up our day? (15 points)

5. What snack did I try for the first time? (15 points)

6. Where did we eat dinner? (25 points)

7. What did DW do when we got back to the resort? (10 points)

8. What did DD and I do when we got back to the resort? (10 points)

This may or may not help with some of the questions, but keep in mind that we drove to EPCOT and took a boat from EPCOT to DHS...

1. barely
2. YES! You have to, right?
3. um, you're at HS, goodness, I'm not even sure what was still open.... I'm going with Tot, even though i know it's wrong; just can't think!
4. TSMWM, duh!
5. OO, One of those bread cones filled with mac and cheese?!
6. Mama Melrose
7. Took a bath
8. Went swimming!

<sigh>

Had all my quotes picked.
Had lots of comments.
Lost 'em all.

I'm just too ****** busy for this!

Only have 10 minutes left on my break right now, so it'll have to wait.... again...

Okay... I've got 25 minutes left in my break.... go!

Sorry Folks, Park’s Closed. Mouse out Front Should’ve Told You.

If you hadn't said "Mouse out front..." I definitely was going to!

It has been a wet spring.

That's... interesting? Weird? Geologically speaking, we're not that far apart. Same continent/hemisphere. And yet... we've had a really dry spring.

I’ll be trying to keep up with everyone else as I can, but if my comments are shorter than usual, I’m sure you can understand why.

I'm super busy right now.
So I will if you will!

I awoke early Thursday morning. For 2 reasons, really. I wanted to get out and explore the resort a little bit and we wanted to head out in time for EMH.

Three actually.
1. wanted to go out and explore
2. wanted to be on time for EMH
3. wasn't dead or comatose.

That last one is usually a really good reason why you wake up.

I walked out the door and took some pictures around the resort as I went to fill our mugs and get some pastries for DW and me to eat with the cereal we had back in the room.

Thanks for those pics. Brought back some great memories from our first visit to WDW with the DDs.
We stayed in Magnolia and really liked it.

We arrived at the turnstiles

Tapstiles.

We went in and having just spoken with the security guard, we were headed to the Seas to find Nemo.

um.... dude?

Now taking that information into account, I haven’t been in EPCOT for a morning EMH since sometime in the 90’s. I’ve done some evening EMHs there, but no mornings.

I don't remember if I've ever done EMH (morning or night) at Epcot.
I might have... I just don't remember.

I assumed that it worked like every other park. When it opens for morning EMH, you can ride most of the rides they have. I didn’t even think to do any research about this.

I did the same thing on my solo trip.
Went to MK morning EMH.
"I'm going to ride BTMRR now!"

Nope.

Splash? Nope.
Pirates? Nope.
HM? Nope.

We parked the stroller and approached the entrance to Nemo where a CM told us they wouldn’t be open until 9 am.

Well… ok

ouch

Circle of Life and Sunshine Seasons were the only things open inside the Land pavilion.

Living w/the land was down? It's supposed to be open for EMH.

At this point we weren’t even going to try checking on Imagination.

Good call there at least.

We also tried to stop for a restroom break, but again, DD refused to cooperate.

You've mentioned this before and will again.
Did she go on her own at home?
Just wondering if she felt you were stepping on her independence or something.

We stopped and got a bottle of water and went to wait at the Character Spot.

We were first in line.

Well... there's that.... :rolleyes2

We stood and chatted with a CM who was a really nice older guy. He was from New York and said he lives in Florida and works in Disney World in the winter, but he returns to New York in the summer where he manages the hay operation for a dairy farm. It was kind of neat to talk farming with him and talk about some of the similarities and differences between what he does and what I do. It really made the wait fly by.

All the other guests had fled in terror... but you were happy, so it's all good.

DD had asked to see Mickey, but when we got in she was feeling a little bit shy.

Not surprising. That's one massive rodent.

But next up was Minnie and it was like a switch flipped. She got down and went right up to Minnie. Minnie twirled her and they danced and played and then posed for some pictures.

Awwww....

It was really awesome of Goofy to be aware of everything and try to make it fun, despite being snubbed. I’m sure it helped that we were the first family through there that morning and they weren’t slammed yet.

I dunno. They seem to not rush the kids. Plus with all the breaks they get... I dunno.

After we finished in there, we noticed Baymax’s character meet was open. We’d never met him before and DD and DS had become big fans of his movie

Still haven't seen that movie.

We walked through the 7 miles of queue and got right into a clamshell for our ride.

That queue.... :sad2:

If there's ever more than six or eight people in there at any one time...

we decided to skip Turtle Talk and move on to the Land.

Too bad. Turtle Talk is awesome.

I think most of you know that I have a farm background and studied crop science in school

::yes::

It actually sometimes gives me ideas of things I want to try on a small scale for our garden at home, but that never seems to happen. You know, time, or lack thereof and all.

Huh! If you ever do, I'd like to hear about it.

We headed in to see Figment and there was actually a line. I don’t think we waited more than 2 or 3 minutes, but they actually stopped us where the FP and standby lines merge.

A line? At Figment?

No. Just... no.

As always, we enjoyed the ride. I know it sucks, especially the skunk part. But one of the memories I have from my first ever trip was meeting Dreamfinder and Figment, so this ride has always had a little bit of nostalgia to it for me.

When I was a kid, there was no Epcot, so I obviously don't have your connection.

But.

When the DDs were 4 & 8, they loved that ride.
It was their favourite ride of all four parks.

When we went again four years later, they couldn't wait to ride it again.
So they did.

"We actually liked that ride before????" :laughing:

Either way, I did note that we checked in 10 minutes early and were seated 20 minutes late. It was getting kind of frustrating. We were standing there waiting, past our ADR time and people were walking up, checking in and being led right into the restaurant within minutes.

Yeah, I can see how you'd get a little ticked.

I don’t know if this is because of the construction going on around Norway, or if this is how they always do it, but after we checked in they sent us to a roped off area just outside the restaurant entrance. It literally felt like a corral. We were standing around on concrete, with a rope around us with no shade and nowhere to sit down. We had to just stand there for half an hour. I’ve got to say none of us, especially the pregnant lady of the group, was very happy with the arrangement.

That sounds awful.
It was morning, so not too hot. But can you imagine being penned in there in the heat of the day in the summer??

We finally got in and DD went for the obligatory picture with Belle.

EPCOT_NORWAYDINING1CHAR_7578835574.jpeg

Best pic of the update.

All the little princesses were walking around and waving.

But DD wouldn’t wave.

DW told her to wave.

She said, “I Can’t. I’m not wearing a princess dress!”

:lmao: Well, I suppose she has a point!

I thought the breakfast food there was excellent.

Okay... hang on...

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 100 times, but it is hard to screw up breakfast.

::yes::

The eggs and bacon were great and just what I expected. But the potato casserole was incredible!!! We had the server bring us another serving of it and we destroyed it.

Uh, huh... hang on...

Honestly, I can’t say that the food was worth the price of admission. It wasn’t. But it was a very good meal. We weren’t the least bit disappointed.

Okay. So food was excellent. Potato casserole was incredible. Excuse me, it was incredible!!!
But... the food wasn't worth the price of admission.

You sir, are a hard man to please.

And let’s face it, when you go to a character breakfast, you’re paying for the characters more than the food.

And yes... I knew that's what you meant.

And that leads me to the princesses. There really weren’t any interactions of note. DD was being shy with all of them, but she did open up a little bit with Ariel.

Good choice.

I really enjoyed Akershus. I’m glad we tried it and we really enjoyed our breakfast.

Glad you tried it and really enjoyed it but not worth it.

Got it.

I think.

Maybe.

And let’s face it, if there are 2 things a restaurant needs to get right they are the food and the service.

Would that make it worth the price of admission? No?

The characters were fine, but for the price point being not much less than CRT, I think we’d tend to lean towards CRT for the ability to dine in the castle if we’re paying out of pocket.

Agree completely.

After our breakfast/lunch, we walked back to Mexico so we could ride everyone’s favorite boat ride, It’s a Small Mexico!

We always enjoy this ride, and I loved seeing the audio-animatronic versions of the 3 Caballeros added at the end of the ride.

I liked it too. Rode it for the first time last year.

Apparently DD didn’t want to leave things alone in the marketplace area and DW saw a price tag that scared her so they got out of Mexico before they caused an international incident.

:laughing:

went to catch up with them and I was drinking my margarita as I walked. I emptied it and threw the cup away in Norway and I caught up with DD and DW just between Norway and China. DW just looked at me funny and asked why I didn’t get a margarita. I had to tell her that I did, but it didn’t last very long. :rolleyes1

wobble much?

But after we’d been sitting on the boat for 20 minutes awaiting departure, we were starting to worry that we might not make it!

20 minutes? What the heck??

Captain_Oblivious – 5 points because @pkondz is indeed a character.

Hey! I resent... I... yeah. okay. That's pretty accurate.

Too tired to think straight, so... here goes nothing.
1. yes.
2. yes (You better!)
3. Only thing I'd pick would've been Star Wars Launch Bay, but.... so I'll pick One Man's Dream
4. TSMM
5. Carrot cake cookie
6. sci fi
7. nap
8. pool

Did it! with 5 minutes to spare!

OMG I would have been so frustrated by that situation at Epcot EMH....when you drag yourself outta bed that early...well...everything should be up and running...sigh. Oh well...I'm glad you made the best of it and saw some characters etc. Akershus I have wanted to try for the princesses really...too bad about the wait though. Food sounds decent enough.

1. Would we make it in time to use the first FP+? (25 points) No.

2. Will I ride RnRC? (50 points) Yes.

3. What attraction do I get to try for the first time? (15 points) Frozen sing along

4. Which ride breaking down really screwed up our day? (15 points) Toy Story

5. What snack did I try for the first time? (15 points) Carrot Cake Cookie

6. Where did we eat dinner? (25 points) 50's Prime Time

7. What did DW do when we got back to the resort? (10 points) Took a nap

8. What did DD and I do when we got back to the resort? (10 points) Went for a swim

The view outside our door:

20160114_065754.jpg
Cool! I had a room just a floor above this a little closer to the pool. (in October 2014, not during your trip, obviously) I thought it was a good location.

We headed back to the Land pavilion and thought we’d hop on Living with the Land. We entered the building and as we walked through the door a CM was standing there informing everyone that Circle of Life and Sunshine Seasons were the only things open inside the Land pavilion.
Really? See, that's partly why I read these trip reports. I never would have guessed that so many things were shut for EMH.

We walked through the 7 miles of queue and got right into a clamshell for our ride.
The queue is terrible on that ride (I like the ride, just not the queue). I saw an elderly gentleman really struggle and get upset trying to maneuver his ECV through it around the tight turns. I'm not sure if there's a detour for them, but I felt bad for him and thought they should have designed it better.

I think most of you know that I have a farm background and studied crop science in school, so I’m basically a nerd for Living with the Land. I always enjoy riding and seeing some of the technology they use.
I don't have a farm background, but I have always enjoyed Living with the Land, even as a kid. I have always liked the farmhouse scene and wished I could live in a place like that :)

But one of the memories I have from my first ever trip was meeting Dreamfinder and Figment, so this ride has always had a little bit of nostalgia to it for me.

That said, I’d fully support them gutting it and starting over as long as Figment doesn’t get evicted again.
I feel the same way. I remember the original when I was 9 years old. My mother loved Figment and bought a dream catcher that hung in our kitchen window for about 15 years, so I have a soft spot for the little purple guy. A couple weeks ago on the Dis unplugged podcast their guest Big Fat Panda suggested they turn it into a Figment based ride in the trackless style of Mystic Manor in Hong Kong DL, which I thought would be amazing.

I thought the breakfast food there was excellent. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 100 times, but it is hard to screw up breakfast. The eggs and bacon were great and just what I expected. But the potato casserole was incredible!!! We had the server bring us another serving of it and we destroyed it.
My family has done the Akershus breakfast three times and we've always enjoyed it. We always thought it was pretty decent food. Obviously a bit expensive, but as you say you pay for the characters. Having two girls who want to meet ALL the princesses each trip, it really cuts down on meet & greet wait times dong the character meal.

Next Update Questions:

1. Yes, but almost miss it

2. Yes

3. One Man’s Dream

4. TSMM

5. Carrot cake cookie

6. Via Napoli

7. Lie down/rest

8. see Yee Haw Bob (obviously the popular answer is swimming, but I'll take a shot in the dark and assume that it was too chilly for swimming in the evening)

Before I get into the update, I just want to say that we have finally been able to start planting corn here. It has been a wet spring. Every time the ground would start to get dry, we’d have more rain. We’re typically done by now, but this year we really just got a good start yesterday. With the farm work and the baby just a few weeks away, this might be the last update I have a chance to do for a while. I might try to work on another before the baby gets here, but I have my doubts. I’ll be trying to keep up with everyone else as I can, but if my comments are shorter than usual, I’m sure you can understand why.

Sending good vibes to you and your family!

Now taking that information into account, I haven’t been in EPCOT for a morning EMH since sometime in the 90’s. I’ve done some evening EMHs there, but no mornings.

I assumed that it worked like every other park. When it opens for morning EMH, you can ride most of the rides they have. I didn’t even think to do any research about this.

That was a mistake.

This is understandable, I generally just assume most things are open for EMH lol

EPCOT_CHRCON3_7578728862.jpeg

EPCOT_CHRCON3_7578728860.jpeg

Goofy, meanwhile had been watching DD and Minnie. He noticed that DD had come out of her shell so he came over to get in on the action and play and even convinced DD to come back for a quick do-over with him! DD really enjoyed it, but for some reason we don’t have any of the posed pictures of the 2 of them together, just this one on the way out. It was really awesome of Goofy to be aware of everything and try to make it fun, despite being snubbed. I’m sure it helped that we were the first family through there that morning and they weren’t slammed yet.

I love all your character pictures, they are adorable!. And Goofy :lovestruc, a nice little touch of Disney magic there.

That said, I’d fully support them gutting it and starting over as long as Figment doesn’t get evicted again.

:thumbsup2 100% agree with this

But DD wouldn’t wave.

DW told her to wave.

:rotfl::rotfl2: what a cutie!

It wasn’t long before our server brought our food out. We quickly dug in. The people at the table next to us asked if they could get Mickey waffles. Another nearby table also then asked for Mickey waffles. She came back to us and asked if we wanted some too.

Well, duh!!!

I mean, “Yes, please!”

:rotfl:what's breakfast in disney without mickey waffles?!

1. Yes
2. of course!
3. One Man's Dream
4. Toy Story
5. Some type of Star Wars cupcake
6. Via Napoli
7. relaxed / sleep
8. Watch the outsde movie they play at the resort

I missed an update.

Next Update Questions:

1. Yes
2. Yes. Why go to Disney if you don't ride RnRC....
3. Frozen Sing
4. RnRC
5. Darth Vader Cupcake
6. 50's Prime Time
7. Call family
8. Swim

Wow, POR looks really beautiful in the early morning light. I love that place!

Dang, slow going on this particular day, with EMH kind of being a bust for the rides you wanted to do and then the wait for your ADR. Yeah, my wife would've been fuming to see other people taken quicker than you when it's already past your ADR time. That corral reminds me of waiting for signatures at Star Wars Weekends a couple of years ago...James and I had to wait in a little square area, encircled by velvet ropes. It sucked basically.

Love the title for the update :thumbsup2. Sorry about EMH that's a lot of walking to do so early in the day. Love the meet with Goofy, how awesome that he took extra time with her. I completely understand your frustration about akershus, if I was DW and pregnant I probably just would have sat on the ground :rotfl2:. Seems like a good morning overall though, especially if it ended with la cava margarita :drinking1

Hope wife and baby are doing well.

Hi everyone! Glad to see you're still around even though I've been a bit absent. Nothing new to report here. Just been really busy. We're all doing well! I hope to catch up with all of you soon and then I'll get back here for replies eventually.

I'm glad to hear that it's just busy. I wasn't sure if the time had come, although I seem to remember that was Mid June. Hope things stay well!

Hi everyone! Glad to see you're still around even though I've been a bit absent. Nothing new to report here. Just been really busy. We're all doing well! I hope to catch up with all of you soon and then I'll get back here for replies eventually.

Busy?? Busy with what?? What could you possibly be doing that--oh, right.

Thanks for dropping in Andy. I know you're busy, but we worry.

"We're all doing well!" is great to hear as an update right now. It's the important things that matter! :woohoo:

We parked the stroller and approached the entrance to Nemo where a CM told us they wouldn’t be open until 9 am.
Oh no, that really sucks...
We headed back to the Land pavilion and thought we’d hop on Living with the Land. We entered the building and as we walked through the door a CM was standing there informing everyone that Circle of Life and Sunshine Seasons were the only things open inside the Land pavilion.

Seriously???
Ugh, I can see how that could be so frustrating.
At least you were able to go on SE and be first in line to meet Mickey and friends...
I love this picture too cute!
I can't tell which one is the real Minnie! :rotfl2:
:jumping1::hyper::hyper::hyper: AHHH! I love this. I can't wait to meet him in July!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
DD was happy to go along with her. All the little princesses were walking around and waving.

But DD wouldn’t wave.

DW told her to wave.

LOL:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That's so cute!
I thought the breakfast food there was excellent. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 100 times, but it is hard to screw up breakfast. The eggs and bacon were great and just what I expected. But the potato casserole was incredible!!! We had the server bring us another serving of it and we destroyed it.
I am glad you all enjoyed your breakfast. I have eaten dinner at Akhershus and really enjoyed it.
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc This is such a nice picture!
We always enjoy this ride, and I loved seeing the audio-animatronic versions of the 3 Caballeros added at the end of the ride.
I don't think they had this last Spring...I am looking forward to seeing it this summer!
Next Update Questions:
Yes.
Yes.
. What attraction do I get to try for the first time? (15 points)
Launch Bay.
TSMM
Butterfinger Cupcake...or some kind of cupcake from Starring Rolls.
50s.
7. What did DW do when we got back to the resort? (10 point
Sleep.
Go swimming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter