I bought a house, and a whole house of problems

As some others have noted, there is usually a cause in hour home inspection that says that if problems are found that they should have caught, they are only liable for a refund of your inspection fee. The report should also indicate that they only inspect what invisible tot he naked eye without opening walls, puling up carpet etc.

As to the sellers, there is only a cause of action if you can prove that they new about defects. A roof full of rotting wood is most likely not actionable UNLESS, you could find proof that they knew bout it - for example, if they had a prior inspection or contractor tell them or maybe our new neighbor can testify that they knew about something. and, this would likely only apply to structural problems or code violations.

I have never heard of a case where cosmetic defects were required to be disclosed.

BTW, every carpet installer I have used has factored in a certain number of replacement tack strips into the price. I hope you didn' have to pay extra for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter