"I bet they get Charmin" A May 2014 Girls Trip **04/03 THE END**

Looks like you guys had a really good time at Star Wars weekend!

I've always wanted to go, despite having never seen the movies, experience some #bomb.com merch/pins, and meet the charcters and have a darth vader cupcake.

Aww, I love the photos with Buzz and Woody! The last time I went to DHS, I was solo for the part of the day that I met them. I just knew I had to ge in line to meet them, even though the line was 45 minutes long. Unfortunately, because I was solo, I didn't get to take photos at the cool photo-ops in the queue :( Woody, Buzz and I still had fun regardless, however :)

The food looked pretty good! My DHS lunch included pizza and a cookie from pizza planet. Big mistake on my part :sick:

Thus far? Yes, we were having a great time. But later drama will strike and cast a dark cloud over the day.

You haven't seen the movies?! :scared1: You should see them, they're awesome. And the characters are so great on SWW, totally worth going for.

Aww no pictures in the queue :( But if you had a good time that's really what mattered.

We did do Pizza Planet and it was fine, but I think I did prefer the Backlot Express a bit more. Sorry that Pizza Planet wasn't your cup of tea.

Definitely a frustrating situation re: Woody and Buzz but I'm glad you guys made up quickly!

LOVE the deadpan RnRC pics!

The Woody and Buzz queue pics are great too.

DHS quick service is so frustrating. We always want to eat early lunches when we're there and it's never possible.

I'm not that into Star Wars but I have always wanted that Darth Vader cupcake! Looks so good.

HAAA I love Goofy's boxers. Totally can see why you waited.

Marie and I can never stay mad at each other for long.

The first car killed it. I was so proud of them.

That queue area does help kill the time pretty great.

DHS needs to get on their game with their food scheduling. I have no clue why it's always so weird.

It has peanut butter in it, which I'm not a fan of, so I didn't end up trying it, but others seem to enjoy it.

I think waiting turned out well for everyone. That way we ended up having pictures of all the characters :thumbsup2

Thus far? Yes, we were having a great time. But later drama will strike and cast a dark cloud over the day.

You haven't seen the movies?! :scared1: You should see them, they're awesome. And the characters are so great on SWW, totally worth going for.

Aww no pictures in the queue :( But if you had a good time that's really what mattered.

We did do Pizza Planet and it was fine, but I think I did prefer the Backlot Express a bit more. Sorry that Pizza Planet wasn't your cup of tea.

Yikes! Sorry for speaking too soon :scared1:

They're on a lot during the Christmas season, especially towards Christmas Eve. My problem is I have trouble paying attention to things like books and movies for a very long time, so I've never bothered with the Star Wars series. But I think I'll check them out this year if I catch them on TV! :cool1:

I didn't miss having queue photos terribly much, and yeah, I had a great time in the end, so all is well :cool2:

I agree, Backlot Express is delish. And it's fine, I had WAY more than enough food at the 50's Prime Time that same evening to make up for the lunch. :rotfl2:

Keep the updates coming! This is one of my favorite TRs on the boards! :goodvibes

Yikes! Sorry for speaking too soon :scared1:

They're on a lot during the Christmas season, especially towards Christmas Eve. My problem is I have trouble paying attention to things like books and movies for a very long time, so I've never bothered with the Star Wars series. But I think I'll check them out this year if I catch them on TV! :cool1:

I didn't miss having queue photos terribly much, and yeah, I had a great time in the end, so all is well :cool2:

I agree, Backlot Express is delish. And it's fine, I had WAY more than enough food at the 50's Prime Time that same evening to make up for the lunch. :rotfl2:

Keep the updates coming! This is one of my favorite TRs on the boards! :goodvibes

It's fine. I did promise drama at the start of the TR and one bought isn't enough.

You should definitely! If I have trouble getting through a movie by itself I'll usually scroll through Tumblr at the same time to keep myself from getting too bored. Just a suggestion :thumbsup2

:cool2: That's cause you're cool enough that you can pull it off alone.

As long as the food all worked out in the end, that's what really matters, right? :)

:hug: Will do. Working on one right now.

It's fine. I did promise drama at the start of the TR and one bought isn't enough.

You should definitely! If I have trouble getting through a movie by itself I'll usually scroll through Tumblr at the same time to keep myself from getting too bored. Just a suggestion :thumbsup2

:cool2: That's cause you're cool enough that you can pull it off alone.

As long as the food all worked out in the end, that's what really matters, right? :)

:hug: Will do. Working on one right now.

That's a good idea! I need to start trying that!

Aww, you're makin' me blush :blush:

Truer words have never been spoken.

I'll be here waiting for you!!! popcorn::

Day 6, Part 4: "We're gonna get cowboys!"

After we finished the Backlot Tour we did a quick walkthrough here:
6efadw.jpg

21ezwwi.jpg

I took this very telling photo to prove it, but no one really wanted to linger so we were quickly on our way.

Besides, we had a FP+ that we needed to get to.

2psr288.jpg

We passed some jedis on stage during this time, but we didn't really stop to watch or get any closer.

I tried to take a picture of the window display, but instead just got reflections:
20qb88m.jpg

Look at all of us, walking along.

As you can see, most everyone else had ditched their coverings at this point but I still had my cardigan because I'm cold easily.

Where were we headed?

ncnj3r.jpg

My least favorite place.

Along the way I continued to take what I call 'walking pictures' which are literally pictures of other people while we're walking along. They can be summed up in the following two shots:

1z146ys.jpg

Acceptance.

1pz68x.jpg

And not acceptance.

With our FP, we were onto the ride very quickly and our ride photo has a lot going on in it.

eagsoz.jpg

Points of interest:
- Guy taking a picture of having his picture taken.
- Guy showing off his storm trooper mug.
- Confused kid in the green, not sure what is happening.
- Traci's duckface.
- Veronica's joy of not wearing a strapless dress.
- Marie pretending to be scared.
- Me actually being terrified.
- Merranda's thoughtful pose.
- Eli throwing a party.

While exiting the ride my bag broke, so I had to stop and buy a new bag. This was fine with everyone because people wanted a water break anyway.

14l6c1v.jpg

Random crowd picture, just for the heck of it.

We stopped in the nearest store and I bought a new bag, then we all walked across the street and grabbed tables while Marie went to get some water from Cantina Eddie's.

oib384.jpg

This is what it looked like during that time.

2vtr6hi.jpg

Showing off my new bag. Wow it was so nice and clean. I need to wash it again.

14mtloi.jpg

There was some pin talk while the water was being drank.

Also at some point a cup got knocked over and we had to rush to clean it before everything got all wet.

2czvi94.jpg

I felt the need to take this selfie, documenting my feelings. I have no clue what they were for, but I was unimpressed with something going on.

Once everyone was hydrated, we decided that we should go on the Great Movie Ride. Veronica and Merranda weren't particularly thrilled with this decision because they'd gone with Marie already and hadn't enjoyed it, but Marie figured that it was a good way to do something and relax some more. Plus, we were going to try and ask if we might be able to see some cowboys.

11qpb0m.jpg

I don't remember the wait time and it's not noted anywhere, but it wasn't higher than 20 minutes.

When we got to the front of the line, Marie asked that I ask about the possibility of maybe seeing some cowboys. However, given that I was paying attention to the guy who was sorting people, I recognized that we wouldn't have to ask and we would actually make it into the cowboy line. Sure enough, we did!

1x56p.jpg

Marie and I were pretty excited, since in the past we'd only had the gangster side. And I even have pictures to prove that it happened:

2vmvwg8.jpg

Look guys! A cowgirl!

oadrpz.jpg

And things on fire!

Both our hosts were actually quite good, which meant that Merranda and Veronica enjoyed the ride more than before.

We had another FP coming up, so we made a quick stop at the bathroom first.

35388dx.jpg

I take fab pictures of people unannounced. Though Veronica never lets that stop her, as you can see.

Since it was SWW we knew that we had to do Star Tours. So we headed over that way, passing Chewie and the ChipEwoks on the way. (No pictures, sorry)

2s7737r.jpg

Confession time: Episode 2 is my favorite of the Star Wars movies. I know, I know. What do you expect from a girl whose favorite Pixar movie is Cars? I LIKE WHAT I LIKE.

Instead of being a normal person and making sure that I took a good picture of the attraction sign and stuff, I took a terrible picture of the sign (wait time 45 minutes) and a clear picture of the crowd waiting for the padawan training. And also you can see the other signs with Darth Maul and Emperor Palpatine in the background.
27yu7t3.jpg

2m4sk90.jpg

Our ride was fine, with podracing and then the Death Star to finish up.

uph5e.jpg

Appreciate the Star Tours area.

nedlli.jpg

Lando and Ben signs (with a line for Chewie in the background).

2e0oebl.jpg

I was just in an appreciating mood. Apparently.

Click for next post

That's a good idea! I need to start trying that!

Aww, you're makin' me blush :blush:

Truer words have never been spoken.

I'll be here waiting for you!!! popcorn::

Word of warning: sometimes you miss small but important plot details that way :confused3

Well you are super cool, so deal with it ::yes::

Looks like you didn't have to wait long :rotfl:

You're right- I didn't wait very long at all! :rotfl2:

The ToT photo. OMG. Frame it. Hang it up. Make it your Christmas card this year- because it is GOLDEN.

Ooh, new bag! I mean, I'm sorry your old one broke but... ooh, new bag!

YAY FOR THE COWBOY SCENE!! I've never experienced it. I've only recently learned about the specific process of getting in the right line for the cowboy scene. Or maybe I saw it back in 2010 and didn't realize because I was a n00b back then. Either way- YAY FOR THE COWBOY SCENE!!

Great installment!! :dance3:

I recognized immediately that "very telling" photo because IT'S THE TITANIC SECTION!!!! Honestly one of my favorite things at DHS because that's my favorite movie. I always make my family stop so I can stare at everything. I'm pretty sure all that stuff got moved or taken away, but hopefully they keep it in some capacity!

That ToT picture is perfect. I really like the facial expressions of the three guys in the front right row. I always have a death grip on the bars so I never do a fun pose…I feel like you understand my struggle.

I love that bag!! The trouble with white bags, though. They get dirty so easily.

I keep checking your photos for people in the background to see if my husband or I got in the 'shot' as we were there for the first SWW as well :)

Loving the report!

That is an awesome picture of everybody walking including yourself Amber. Give yourself some credit!

I love ride photos so much. Always worth looking really close to see what's really going on.

COWBOY/COWGIRL SCENE!!!! :woohoo: :dance3: So many regular people have no idea how big of a deal that is. But it's HUGE!!!!

I will accept your favorite being Episode 2. If you said Episode 1, we'd have a problem.

Because Blech, Pod Race. See, Episode 1. :sad2:

I enjoy your walking pictures ... and a 50% acceptance rate (at least of the documented reactions) isn't half bad ... wait, actually it is exactly half bad, my bad

Love the guy with the stormtrooper mug in your ride photo :thumbsup2

Also love your new bag - very retro looking :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

yeah for the Cowboy scene! I mean, fire and everything! Definitely one of those things that non-ubber Disney people don't quite get the significance of

I mean, I think you legally have to go on Star Tours during Star Wars Weekend ... and bonus shot of the Lando sign!

You're right- I didn't wait very long at all! :rotfl2:

The ToT photo. OMG. Frame it. Hang it up. Make it your Christmas card this year- because it is GOLDEN.

Ooh, new bag! I mean, I'm sorry your old one broke but... ooh, new bag!

YAY FOR THE COWBOY SCENE!! I've never experienced it. I've only recently learned about the specific process of getting in the right line for the cowboy scene. Or maybe I saw it back in 2010 and didn't realize because I was a n00b back then. Either way- YAY FOR THE COWBOY SCENE!!

Great installment!! :dance3:

That's what I call good timing :thumbsup2

It would be a golden Christmas card. Alas, we don't do photo Christmas cards cause we're boring. I'll put it in the running for the future though.

And it was cheap and cute. I'm pretty happy with it cause it's cute.

We didn't know our first trip either and then we did our second trip and we were determined to get it before. But at least you've seen it, so you can definitely do it again!

I recognized immediately that "very telling" photo because IT'S THE TITANIC SECTION!!!! Honestly one of my favorite things at DHS because that's my favorite movie. I always make my family stop so I can stare at everything. I'm pretty sure all that stuff got moved or taken away, but hopefully they keep it in some capacity!

That ToT picture is perfect. I really like the facial expressions of the three guys in the front right row. I always have a death grip on the bars so I never do a fun pose…I feel like you understand my struggle.

I love that bag!! The trouble with white bags, though. They get dirty so easily.

It's all gone cause the Backlot Tour went away but I do agree, I hope that they kept it cause it was really interesting to look at.

I'm just focused on trying not to die on that ride. I've got a legitimate fear of an elevator falling with me inside of it. So ToT is the stuff that nightmares are made of.

I'm pretty pleased with my pick but yeah white is not the best pick.

I keep checking your photos for people in the background to see if my husband or I got in the 'shot' as we were there for the first SWW as well :)

Loving the report!

Well thank you! :)

Also, in that case, have some more background pictures: Click here

That is an awesome picture of everybody walking including yourself Amber. Give yourself some credit!

I love ride photos so much. Always worth looking really close to see what's really going on.

COWBOY/COWGIRL SCENE!!!! :woohoo: :dance3: So many regular people have no idea how big of a deal that is. But it's HUGE!!!!

I will accept your favorite being Episode 2. If you said Episode 1, we'd have a problem.

Because Blech, Pod Race. See, Episode 1. :sad2:

I always document the strangest parts of vacations though.

Big ride pictures like ToT are all the better because there are so many people in them.

IT IS HUGE! I was so excited, but of course our friends were like, so what?

Whew. Glad to hear. I'd hate to be kicked out of friendship.

I don't mind Episode 1 though, I won't lie. I saw it in theaters with my Mom and we didn't often go to the movies so it's got a touch of nostalgia for me

I enjoy your walking pictures ... and a 50% acceptance rate (at least of the documented reactions) isn't half bad ... wait, actually it is exactly half bad, my bad

Love the guy with the stormtrooper mug in your ride photo :thumbsup2

Also love your new bag - very retro looking :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

yeah for the Cowboy scene! I mean, fire and everything! Definitely one of those things that non-ubber Disney people don't quite get the significance of

I mean, I think you legally have to go on Star Tours during Star Wars Weekend ... and bonus shot of the Lando sign!

:guilty: Half bad. The reactions all documented (many times) were usually split.

He was pretty awesome.

I do think I made a good choice :)

Cowboys are so cool. Poor other people not recognizing when they've got something amazing.

I do think it's a contractual obligation when you walk into the park. Poor people who don't know. Probably get hauled off to Disney Jail.

Day 6, Part 5: "Hey, spoilers!"

After that we decided that we'd go ahead and get into the line for two very cute characters we'd seen earlier.

100_zps52f60002.jpg

This was the line and it was partly in the sun and partly in the shade.

While waiting we chatted with a character attendant named Jason and he was awesome. So awesome, very funny. He said something about the third movie and Marie was like: "Hey, spoilers!" to which he was like, "You are at Star Wars Weekends! If you don't know anything about Star Wars you should be prepared for spoilers!"

I'm really upset that we didn't end up leaving him a good comment because we meant to and then things went down later that night that made it hard to think about it. (Terrible foreshadowing alert)

101_zps4bfcefbf.jpg

Here is Jason with Chip.

102_zps6430e8fb.jpg

And here is Dale going on break.

Now we had a dinner reservation and we knew that if Chip and Dale had a lengthy wait we'd probably end up being a little late. I was fine with this but Marie spoke up because she hates being late and Jason was like, "Okay, where is it?"

"... Sci-Fi."

Jason looked at her, shook his head, grabbed her hand and took her over to the restaurant. He then went inside told the hostess that we might be late and brought Marie back out. Like I said, awesome.

When Dale came back he noticed Traci's shirt:
103_zpsdec55ba6.jpg

It didn't take too long for us to get to the front of the line after that and when we did Jason noticed my button. Which led to an awesome celebration dance and love. Also, he made everyone clap for me.

104_zps8c614ccb.jpg

Here I am getting a hug from the ChipEwoks.

105_zps42bbc9a2.jpg

Chip is a charmer.

105_zps42bbc9a2.jpg

107_zpsf19e5ae3.jpg

We did some celebratory dancing.

108_zpsa78ed495.jpg

Everyone was pretty happy.

109_zpse9242cb6.jpg

We took a group picture.

110_zps5c1e41d1.jpg

And had a group hug.

111_zpsac2fbd2c.jpg

Which got tighter and tighter and Eli escaped from to laugh at.

After that we went to check in for dinner about 7 minutes late, and it was totally fine because it took a little while longer for us to be seated anyway.

112_zps2aa19701.jpg

113_zps54f34ffa.jpg

Then we were lead to our car for the meal with a good view of the screen.

114_zps022eb050.jpg

115_zps9f337f7b.jpg

Seating arrangements (note Merranda in the background)

116_zps152415e2.jpg

Merranda was not paying attention here either.

117_zpsbc4e851a.jpg

Again Merranda looking fab in the background.

We ordered our food and it didn't take long for it to get to us.

118_zpsdec885ae.jpg

Marie and I split a cookies and creme shake. It took us like only a couple of minutes to complete it and we liked it so much we forgot to take a picture beforehand so oops.

119_zps47f7ba11.jpg

Traci got a chocolate shake in a souvenir glass.

120_zps076d1ee8.jpg

For our meal, Marie and I both had the popcorn chicken sans sauce. The serving was huge and we should have split that and had our own shakes instead.

121_zpsd2b6fe11.jpg

Veronica had the vegetable burger.

122_zps536a8ecc.jpg

And Traci had the buffalo popcorn chicken with the sauce. Even she was surprised at how spicy it was but she liked it.

123_zpsaa54bcc3.jpg

This high quality picture is of Merranda's Smoked Turkey sandwich with cucumber salad.

124_zps4ce5915f.jpg

And Eli had the Build Your Own Angus Chuck Burger.

Overall, an excellent meal and we are definitely going to go back. Plus, with our chicken it wasn't that much more expensive than a quick service meal.

Click for next post

Loving your trip report as always!

I've been paying close attention to this one because I happened to be there at the same time and keep hoping I see myself in the background of one of your pictures!

No luck so far but so close because I was in line to meet chip and dale this same day, though maybe not at the same time. I didn't make it all the way through the line because we also didn't have time to wait but as I was deciding with my boyfriend if we should continue to wait or just leave I felt something hard touch my face and make a kissing noise, and I turned around and it was Chip! For whatever reason he picked me out and gave me a kiss on his way to the break room, so yes he was quite the charmer that day! Your pictures with them are amazing, so adorable!

Also, the cookies and cream milkshake from Sci-Fi is my absolute favorite! Unfortunately we didn't have a great experience there for that trip so we're skipping it next week when we go, I'll miss that milkshake!

Well thank you! :) Also, in that case, have some more background pictures: Click here

:lmao:
Thanks!

I looked hard and long, but alas, I didn't see my DH or myself.

I wonder if you all had the same Chip and Dale that we had. I had an Ewok tshirt on and they loved it, and we had a dance off, then they got a bit creepy, but I went with it lol.

Well, Jason DID get a photo in Amber and Marie's TR, so there's that even without the official CM recognition. :goodvibes

And how freaking cute are Chip and Dale????? That meet is awesome!

Hahaha that is awesome with the whole SciFi res. Too funny. I love CM's. Not sure if I ever mentioned that before.

AWWW, CHIP AND DALE! Love those two!

Jason was AWESOME. So glad you had a great expeience with a CM, those are so magical.

Now I miss Sci-Fi. Haven't been there in the longest time and your meals all looked fantastic. Gotta try that one again next time.

Great installment as usual! :goodvibes

Ok I'm all caught up, school is taking over my life, not much room for Dis.

that TOT ride pic is the best ride pic you guys have had yet, and you have a lot of great ones so thats saying something!

Chip and Dale are my favorite. They are the cutest

Oh my gosh, Jason rules for going to Sci-Fi to help you guys out! And the chippies are absolutely adorable. Especially the pics where he's kissing your hand.

Cookies and creme shake…I'm swooning. All the food looks great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter