• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am never riding Space Mountain again! A Marathon Weekend TR Complete

You had mentioned on my TR not caring much for the Tiki Birds - I feel the same way about the Country Bears. Sat through it once as an adult with DD in 2007 and we haven't been back since. At the time the audio was terrible and we were laughing at it, not with it. I don't begrudge people loving it - the Tiki Birds does fall into a similar category and I ADORE that show - but for me we pass it right by.

Happy, Happy Birthday! :bday:

We saw Country Bear Jamboree for the first time, 2 months ago, and just fell in love with the show. Big Al is the BEST.... very funny guy. Also, we were able to purchase a commemorative CBJ jug at Pecos Bill (I think?) full of Diet Coke! Now it's a chachkie in our kitchen, but I love it! Always good to have some Disney Parks memorabilia present within our home décor.

Thanks!

Big Al is the best. I forgot to get that mug in January. Maybe they'll still have it next year.

You had mentioned on my TR not caring much for the Tiki Birds - I feel the same way about the Country Bears. Sat through it once as an adult with DD in 2007 and we haven't been back since. At the time the audio was terrible and we were laughing at it, not with it. I don't begrudge people loving it - the Tiki Birds does fall into a similar category and I ADORE that show - but for me we pass it right by.

I don't know if I don't care for the enchanted tiki room I just have never made it a priority to see it. Country Bear Jamboree is very nostalgic to me and my family so I think that's why I like it so much.

Hi Ryan, I'm Alison! I know I am late to the party, but I am really enjoying your TR so far! The BC is one of my favorite resorts, so I loved seeing all those pictures! I am looking forward to reading more. Also, that's so exciting you have another Marathon trip planned!!!

Congrats on the school you chose as well, I am almost done with my first year of college.

Almost 50,000 steps in one day ... that's really impressive!!

I love all of your hub photos! We didn't really take much time to look around, but I did really like what we saw - I think they did a good job with the expansion.

I'm another one who has never seen Country Bear Jamboree (unless I saw it when I was a kid and I just don't remember it). It never really appealed to me. I should probably see it eventually, but there are just so many other things I'd rather do.

Hi Ryan, I'm Alison! I know I am late to the party, but I am really enjoying your TR so far! The BC is one of my favorite resorts, so I loved seeing all those pictures! I am looking forward to reading more. Also, that's so exciting you have another Marathon trip planned!!!

Congrats on the school you chose as well, I am almost done with my first year of college.
Thanks for joining in! Better late than never, I'm glad to have you following along.

BC is my favorite resort right now.

Thanks! Good luck in finishing year number 1!

Almost 50,000 steps in one day ... that's really impressive!!

I love all of your hub photos! We didn't really take much time to look around, but I did really like what we saw - I think they did a good job with the expansion.

I'm another one who has never seen Country Bear Jamboree (unless I saw it when I was a kid and I just don't remember it). It never really appealed to me. I should probably see it eventually, but there are just so many other things I'd rather do.
Yes I'm sure marathon Sunday in 2017 I'll have even more.

I had more hub photos but photobucket was not letting me add those.

I suggest at least one visit to CBJ. I try to see it every trip because I don't know if it will last forever, the Disneyland one got taken out and they keep shortening this version.

Today was also my 18th birthday.

Happy Birthday Castle Mickey.jpg

WOW!!! Most impressive!

:worship:

I love this view of the castle.

Looks really dead in there. Pun intended

:hmghost:

You got some really great pictures inside Country Bear Jamboree. I don't think we have been in the show since the boys were 6 and 3, 12 years ago. Mark and I went quite a few times, back in the day when it was only MK and EPCOT and a lot fewer attractions.

Big Al is my favorite, too. How can he not be?

:goodvibes

View attachment 167397

WOW!!! Most impressive!

:worship:

I love this view of the castle.

Looks really dead in there. Pun intended

:hmghost:

You got some really great pictures inside Country Bear Jamboree. I don't think we have been in the show since the boys were 6 and 3, 12 years ago. Mark and I went quite a few times, back in the day when it was only MK and EPCOT and a lot fewer attractions.

Big Al is my favorite, too. How can he not be?

:goodvibes
Thanks!

It was an impressive day of steps.

I love that castle view too! It was my first time photographing that side really.

HM was pretty much a walk on at that point. That's why it pays to get there early.

I wish they had some more big Al merchandise I probably would buy it.

Hope you had a great birthday!

49,000 steps?! that is amazing.. i don't think i ever walked that much in my life lol

I love the hub area in MK!

Hope you had a great birthday!

49,000 steps?! that is amazing.. i don't think i ever walked that much in my life lol

I love the hub area in MK!
I did!

Yeah I guess that's the amount of steps you get for running a half marathon and walking around a park all day.

The hub is very nice now.

A Country Bear, Jingle Cruise, Mansion, pirates, speedway and more kind of day!

Well it looks like I had my order of things messed up. We didn't head to my favorite attraction next but still a very good one! Pirates of the Caribbean was next on the docket. I was excited to see what the attraction looked like after the long refurb it went under. This is always a must do for me. We got seated in the front row which worried me because of all the boats taking on water talk going now. The boat had a little water sprayed in it but nothing I didn't really expect.

The animatronics all looked very fresh and updated which was great and I hope they stay that way. The drop was uneventful which meant no water or soaking!

Up next we continued into Adventureland and headed onto the Jungle Cruise which still had its Jingle Cruise overlay! Normally I don't get to experience the christmas festivities so I was glad this was still there. My sister got handed the red card. Our skipper was great and I will forever love the corny jokes on this attraction.

Jungle cruise was a blast which we all enjoyed. We headed towards Tomorrowland next! Our Space mountain FP wasn't quite ready so Tomorrowland Speedway it was. I know a lot of people don't like this ride but I do. It was one of my favorite things to do when I was little.

Castle selfie first!

And here we come to the name sake of this trip report. I never seem to be able to come up with clever trip report names like some of you. The quote "I am never riding Space Mountain again!" sis not come out of my mouth either. We approached the ride and my grandma and Judy both elected to ride as I stated there were no drops and it didn't go that fast. They trusted me and proceeded. I really enjoy this ride for its whips and turns in the dark. I laughed the entire ride. After we exited the ride my grandma and Judy both agreed that was a one and done. Neither wanted to ride again because of the whipping around. They said I can say I did it once but once was definitely enough! Fair enough I guess. Here are our ride photos!

My sister loves the front seat. I had to do something goofy so thats what I went with...

Anyways we had fun and moved along to final FP of the day BTMRR. First we stopped over by Sonny Eclipse and used some quick service credits on some chicken tenders because we were hungry! After that we headed to the Fantasyland Train Station to take the train over to Frontierland.

Star Wars Monorail

We were there in no time after relaxing on the WDW railroad. Another met do in my opinion.

Here we are my favorite ride in WDW! BTMRR...

My grandma and Judy enjoyed that ride much more than Space Mountain and said they would ride that one again for sure. It was nearing 3 PM which meant Festival of Fantasy time! That parade is a must do so we headed off to main street for a seat. While waiting the Dapper Dans passed by!

They are great! I love seeing them. I also went inside the Main Street Bakery to buy the MK Starbucks you are here mug.

Up Next: Its a Festivaaallll of Fantasyyyyyyy!

Great update! Thanks for posting photos of the Jingle Cruise - I didn't get to see it this year for some reason and it was nice to see that they've spiffed it up a bit from last year. Loved the photos. Too funny about Space Mountain, your photo is hilarious! My dad used a similar ruse on me when I was 6. He said, "You wouldn't want me to ride this all by myself, would you?" since my mom doesn't do roller coasters. Back then, it didn't have the individual seating, you sat astride a bench and sort of leaned back against the person behind you, needless to say I prefer the current version! And I never quite forgave my dad for tricking me into riding Space Mountain at 6 years old, but at the same time, I now LOVE roller coasters. Looking forward to your next update!

Great update! Thanks for posting photos of the Jingle Cruise - I didn't get to see it this year for some reason and it was nice to see that they've spiffed it up a bit from last year. Loved the photos. Too funny about Space Mountain, your photo is hilarious! My dad used a similar ruse on me when I was 6. He said, "You wouldn't want me to ride this all by myself, would you?" since my mom doesn't do roller coasters. Back then, it didn't have the individual seating, you sat astride a bench and sort of leaned back against the person behind you, needless to say I prefer the current version! And I never quite forgave my dad for tricking me into riding Space Mountain at 6 years old, but at the same time, I now LOVE roller coasters. Looking forward to your next update!
Yes I loved the jingle cruise and all the little changes they made to it this year.

I didn't trick my grandma and Judy but they definitely didn't want to do it again.

Pirates is always a fun ride, and I thought it looked great. We also didn't have any water issues, but some friends we made on line who ended up in a different boat got soaked.

Jungle Cruise and Tomorrowland Speedway are both rides that I haven't done in many many years (we did both on our first trip, but not since) ... but excellent choices. Even though I don't usually ride Tomorrowland Speedway, I still have a sentimental attachment to it. Pretty much every amusement park I've ever been to has an attraction like that, and as a kid that was one of the things we always did (I grew up not going on roller coasters at all, so we focused on the "tamer" attractions), so I'd be really sad if Disney ever got rid of their version of it. I can't imagine going to a park that doesn't have it, even if I don't ride it.

I love your Space Mountain picture pose! Although I don't understand the sentiment of not wanting to go on Space Mountain again ... yes, there's some whipping around, but it's just such a fun ride!! You should convince your grandma and Judy to try it again :).

Big Thunder Mountain is always fun. I'm glad everyone agreed to ride that one again in the future!

Pirates is always a fun ride, and I thought it looked great. We also didn't have any water issues, but some friends we made on line who ended up in a different boat got soaked.

Jungle Cruise and Tomorrowland Speedway are both rides that I haven't done in many many years (we did both on our first trip, but not since) ... but excellent choices. Even though I don't usually ride Tomorrowland Speedway, I still have a sentimental attachment to it. Pretty much every amusement park I've ever been to has an attraction like that, and as a kid that was one of the things we always did (I grew up not going on roller coasters at all, so we focused on the "tamer" attractions), so I'd be really sad if Disney ever got rid of their version of it. I can't imagine going to a park that doesn't have it, even if I don't ride it.

I love your Space Mountain picture pose! Although I don't understand the sentiment of not wanting to go on Space Mountain again ... yes, there's some whipping around, but it's just such a fun ride!! You should convince your grandma and Judy to try it again :).

Big Thunder Mountain is always fun. I'm glad everyone agreed to ride that one again in the future!
I guess it's luck of the draw and which bit you get on pirates.

I don't have to do tomorrowland speedway everytime but I do enjoy jungle cruise especially when it's the jingle cruise. Speedway is something I did when I was a kid and loved it.

I had to do something fun for the picture.

I'm sure I'll get them on it again.

Here we are my favorite ride in WDW! BTMRR...
Also my favourite (sorry, Canadian spelling :p). I fell in love with BTMRR when I was 9 year old and it's a must-do ever since. One of my best Disney memories was late one night during the Halloween party in 2010 on my birthday when I was able to ride it back to back (without even getting out of the car). Awesome!

Also my favourite (sorry, Canadian spelling :p). I fell in love with BTMRR when I was 9 year old and it's a must-do ever since. One of my best Disney memories was late one night during the Halloween party in 2010 on my birthday when I was able to ride it back to back (without even getting out of the car). Awesome!
I love it! I haven't been able to stay late at night for anything the last couple trips because of them being RunDisney trips but if I go in the summer on the future again I'll be taking advantage of EMH to ride it at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter