I am a simpleton(Offsite MagicBand ?'s)

In many stores, the CM can link it for you at the point of purchase. If you're staying near Disney Springs, go to the World of Disney store and buy them there. The CM there should be able to get you all set up so you don't have to do anything. Just my $.02, but if money isn't an issue, buy them for everyone. Personally, I find them so much more convenient than the card.

In many stores, the CM can link it for you at the point of purchase. If you're staying near Disney Springs, go to the World of Disney store and buy them there. The CM there should be able to get you all set up so you don't have to do anything. Just my $.02, but if money isn't an issue, buy them for everyone. Personally, I find them so much more convenient than the card.
I don't have unlimited funds :laughing: But I'm not opposed to buying them for everyone. it breaks down to like $20/ $25 a day for the convince. I can handle that.

I figure if we do any cards we will either punch them and put them on a lanyard or put them on those retractable ID badge landyards like I use for work. Definitely dont want to dig them in and out of pockets constantly.

Not constantly. just three times a day. Maybe four.

Since I get into the parks on my parent's maingates, I've never been able to use magic bands, and I've never thought it to be a big deal. (They can link their maingates to magic bands, but guest passes cannot be linked, to clarify) Since pulling a card out of my bag three times uses very little mental and physical effort, I've never looked at people with magic bands with an ounce of envy. Even when my niece and nephew are with us, using cards instead of magic bands is a non issue.

Good point! I'm imagining it on all the rides, but since its just for FPs, not that big of a deal! And Memory Maker would be through a separate photopass card anyway right?
Except for ride photos. For rides with photos that have tap points you can tap your tickets. 7DMT and Frozen have picture but no tap points so unless someone in your party has a magic band you won't get those photos. Also 7DMT and ToT have rode videos you can only get with magic bands as well

The only reason to buy them up front is those 2 ride photos. If that may not be a deal breaker if you don't get bands, I suggest you go to the first park with your cards. You'll know after the first fastpass if they will be worth the cost to buy them. You can get some right there, the cast member will link them up to everyone and you can put them on and switch to them right away.. I find the choice is easier if the photo doesn't matter after you tried them. some love them, some don't care. Also it helps you know who you might want to have them as you don't need 4 magicbands in the same ride car to get 1 photo of you. many times the way your sitting on the rides, just the kids having them is more than enough and save a little money that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter