Hurricane Irma?

Well according to google maps manning Sc to WDW is 419 miles and from my house to WDW is 480 miles. And going through a major city I live northeast of atl.

Yup, I get it. You know how it is, I drive down 95 every year, and back, and I see the signs for Atlanta, and in my mind, it is right there. I never realized that when you get off 95 to go to Atlanta, you still have a 200 plus mile drive ahead of you. You learn something new every day I guess. Thank you for the education!

We pushed our trip back four days, so we get there now 9/13. Got back all my ADR's except one, so I'm very happy. I think we'll wind up having a much better trip. Basically just hoping parks/roads/the airport/etc are fine by 9/13.

Yesterday the CM told me that if any of the flights were canceled that she could issue a refund for all as per the AA policy. With the closing of MCO at 5pm Saturday - Sunday my departure flight would be canceled and I should get a refund. Not sure if this helps you at all.
I ended up calling AA last night and they issued me a voucher for both today's flight and Sunday's return flight. Honestly, they had better customer service than the Air woman of Disney's CS. (Everyone I spoke to at Disney was helpful too except for the woman who handled Air... she was not very nice even though I stayed calm and polite. She kept blaming other cast members for various things and was incredibly rude. She was probably working a double shift because I called once at 7am and another time at 9pm on Tuesday and she answered Air both times.)

I guess now that MCO is closed I could ask for a refund of Sunday, but I'm fine with the voucher. Its good for the value I paid (minus like $8 in taxes) for 11 more months so I can plan a new trip.

Call or email AA!!! Honestly they were SO helpful.

I just checked with the front desk at Pop. They said that if I were to check out early, as long as I check out before 11am they will refund my remaining nights. If I wanted/needed to extend my dates instead, they are currently offering 40% off rack rate for room extensions in view of the hurricane.

Debating now whether to check out early or to try to ride out this hurricane at Pop...

40 percent off!?

Maybe I'll cancel my flight!

We were due in on Sat. for a week we have decided to cancel as of this morning. We have watched all week hoping for a turn.

Whenever @xWilliam decides to make another post. I am sure glad he decided to join the DIS this morning to share his expertise. Still waiting to find out where he studied meteorology.
th
They come out of nowhere in these situations!

At WDW now. Managed to book one of the least seats out on Delta's 2pm flight from MCO to Minneapolis on Saturday. Lucked out I guess?? I was supposed to leave on Tuesday but it sounds like it could be a LOOOONG weekend down here.

Very thankful that checked off my absolute must-do's VERY early in my trip (Happily Ever After and Flight of Passage) since we are cutting things short!

I just read on MCO website they are cease at 5pm on Saturday? What is you have a flight scheduled that day that is like at 6pm what happens is it cancelled??? just curious how it works

We are driving down Friday 9/15 From TN. I wonder what the roads will be like 4 days after Irma passes through?

I just read on MCO website they are cease at 5pm on Saturday? What is you have a flight scheduled that day that is like at 6pm what happens is it cancelled??? just curious how it works

I am searching for this information, but can't find it... where does it say that?

I am a little surprised that people are making decisions based on their " free dining" plan.....you do realize that if this beast hit near Orlando, your "free dining" is going to be cafeteria boxed meals eaten in your room? Please DO NOT let your free dining be your decision maker on traveling into this possibly catastrophic storm.

I am a little surprised that people are making decisions based on their " free dining" plan.....you do realize that if this beast hit near Orlando, your "free dining" is going to be cafeteria boxed meals eaten in your room? Please DO NOT let your free dining be your decision maker on traveling into this possibly catastrophic storm.
Who said that's why they are still going?

Yes I agree with you it's just food or your safety... I know one thing is for sure there will def be a FREE dining promotion next year for September especially after this to entice people to go during hurricane season and I for one will not be booking it for that promotion

It will be cancelled. If your airline hasn't contacted you id contact them to make other arrangements

Has anyone canceled their Disney package and it is still showing up on their my disney account as not canceled? I am starting to stress over all this.
It has been 24 hours since I cancelled and it still was not showing up. I called back today and this time have a cancellation number. Also, the wording on the right side of the reservation on the web page has changed. Fingers crossed it "sticks" this time.

Who said that's why they are still going?
Many posts say that people tried to change their reservations to later in the week, or month, but the free dining package wasn't available when they wanted to change. Or one poster wanted to switch to a deluxe hotel ( to have inside corridors) but "couldn't" because the free dining wasn't available at that deluxe. Just truly hoping that people aren't really using "free dining" as a reason not to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter