Hurricane Irma?

Good News: Finally got reservations at 'Ohana for Sunday night and BOG for Tuesday after months of daily looking for cancellations!
Bad News: Looks like we're going to cancel trip tomorrow based on Irma's projected path.

Stay safe Florida!

The latest NOAA model has it moving more east as well.

AL112017_5day_cone_no_line.png
Still massive look at all the area that thing is going to impact .. Just wow

Yes, I've noticed this morning the trending towards a northern turn and it possibly skirting up the east coast of Florida.
If it follows Matthew's track and holds together at all and hits us in eastern NC, we're in for some massive trouble. We've had tons of rain over the past week and storms and downpours are coming this evening into tomorrow morning. Even if she hits as a tropical storm we'll have major flooding. Matthew hit us last year as a tropical storm and it was over a week before the flooding subsided and power was restored to the entire area.

I wish she'd just go back out to sea. Hussy.
Not to mention what it will do to the barrier islands. NC resident also, but much further inland than you. Jeez no matter where it hits, it's gonna cause a world of pain :(

You will be able to cancel or change without penalty.

This is what I was hoping to hear!

You shouldn't have any problems getting the fees waived. Many here have canceled with no fees the last few days.

Thanks. I'm not overly worried that they won't waive the fees, but I'd rather not wait on hold for a couple hours if I can do this online.

I don't think* that this represents size but error of path. Someone will soon correct me if I am wrong!
You are correct. The cone is the margin of error at the 5 day mark. The track in the middle is the NHC's best assessment of the path of the eye of the storm. Of course the hurricane force winds extend quite far from the eye, so its not as though the state will go unscathed. However *if* it skirts out to sea then the majority of Florida will be on the "clean" side of the storm where the winds and impacts generally aren't quite as severe as the west side.

We are scheduled to arrive Sept 9-16 but are cancelling and rescheduling for end of April Just cancelled all my dining reservations and fastpasses. Just
not worth the risk of going and having to sit in the room or worse. Plus too much money for that. Stay safe everyone!

End of April is actually a beautiful time of year to go. :)

This may be a dumb question but why can I find an open reservation online when I look but the CM shows nothing available? This has happened with more than one date/resort. Frustrating as trying to reschedule our trip. thanks in advance
I have had that happen and told the CM on the phone that exact thing, that I can see availability online, giving them resorts, dates, room categories, etc, that I see. And the promo. Once I tell them what I see, they find it. It's like magic. Personally, I have my own opinions on why, and they are just that, my opinions, no facts to go with them at all. But I think they don't look for the promos until asked.

This (potential) shift east shown on many updated models gives me a glimmer of hope. Unfortunately, we are supposed to fly out tonight. I have no idea what to do. I keep going back and forth with it. If you are there but confined to your room, does Disney offer any sort of refund for that scenario?

Only those in a serious state of denial think bottled water is abundantly available across Florida at this time.

Not abundant, no, but the stores are restocking as fast as the trucks can get there. So it's not hopeless, just a lot more inconvenient that it was a couple days ago. It won't be hopeless until the day before the storm hits when the trucking companies stop delivering so their drivers will be out of harms way and the stores close so their employees can do likewise. Even the governor was encouraging people who couldn't get supplies yesterday to go back to the stores today, because more supplies were on the way. Of course, the first thing I thought of was how much fuel they would use driving from store to store looking.

Now, if you are looking for a generator or portable stove . . it's probably way too late for that.

You are correct. The cone is the margin of error at the 5 day mark. The track in the middle is the NHC's best assessment of the path of the eye of the storm. Of course the hurricane force winds extend quite far from the eye, so its not as though the state will go unscathed. However *if* it skirts out to sea then the majority of Florida will be on the "clean" side of the storm where the winds and impacts generally aren't quite as severe as the west side.
But this thing is what I thought saw is 400 miles wide and how many miles coast to coast is Florida?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter