Hurricane Irma?

Even if they do I wouldn't wait on it. I would stalk the site. The flights are going fast. If you wait on an alert you may miss out on rebooking choices.

ETA - when we were rebooking our flights last year I lost some while on the phone with the airline, they were going that fast.
What did you change it to? I'm kind of at a loss. Supposed to fly in Monday.

Latest 12z forecast are rolling out for the lesser "reliable" hurricane models. All shifting Eastward. Considering models will keep flipping back and forth, I wouldn't rule out the hurricane moving back Westward, but this trend is definitely a good sign at the moment

Yes. They will not refund the airfare for AA. Lesson learned, do not book airfare through Disney. AA travel agent told me she would have been liberal with the voucher policy but since I booked through Disney she could not issue a voucher. Disney was great about refunding hotel and park tickets, but I'm out airfare. Better safe than sorry.
Really, a hard lesson to learn all the way around but personally, I'd have to save massive amounts of money to ever book a package deal with someone like that. Never book airfare with Disney or Disney with airlines is my moto. Direct to the source. So much easier to deal with changes direct with the source.

So I am already here, and not scheduled to fly out till the 13th. We looked into leaving early and it seems impossible, so we're planning to hunker down and try to make the best of it.

I placed an overnight order on Amazon for lanterns, batteries for them, an extra power bank, some gallon jugs to fill with water, and books to read. They all have guaranteed delivery by tomorrow or the 8th. I'm staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Since the worst of the weather won't have started by then do you think I'll have any issues getting those orders? I have no experience with hurricanes, any other advice to prepare since I'm stuck here? We will also buy a loaf of bread, PB and jelly. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Have no idea what models some TV station in Tampa is using. Here are the ones Weather Underground is currently showing:

gfs-sep5b.png

You're seriously need to stop. You are giving out inaccurate information and using scare tactics to freak people out. The map you are showing is an ensemble. It keeps old models from old data. The latest models are starting to come together to the east coast. I know you hate to be wrong, but none of us know who will be right, so just stop.

Here is the map from weather underground that doesn't use old data, in case anyone cares... https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/hurricane-irma

3PWHOzm.png

Latest 12z forecast are rolling out for the lesser "reliable" hurricane models. All shifting Eastward. Considering models will keep flipping back and forth, I wouldn't rule out the hurricane moving back Westward, but this trend is definitely a good sign at the moment
It all depends on when the upper low pulls it north and east. They have said over and over they don't know exactly when that will happen. No one knows how far west it will get before it turns north.

So I am already here, and not scheduled to fly out till the 13th. We looked into leaving early and it seems impossible, so we're planning to hunker down and try to make the best of it.

I placed an overnight order on Amazon for lanterns, batteries for them, an extra power bank, some gallon jugs to fill with water, and books to read. They all have guaranteed delivery by tomorrow or the 8th. I'm staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Since the worst of the weather won't have started by then do you think I'll have any issues getting those orders? I have no experience with hurricanes, any other advice to prepare since I'm stuck here? We will also buy a loaf of bread, PB and jelly. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I think you did a wise thing. I wouldn't wait on the bread either. Go now, if it's not too late already. We brought batteries, flashlights, cards, games, etc with us last year. Oh, and nice new rain coats. Do you have those? Got Marmont ones and man, have they come on handy. Not too hot to wear in FL either. Maybe head to DS and look for some if you don't have any. Or Florida Mall

You shouldn't have a problem getting the shipment from a weather standpoint. :)

It's funny you say this the other day I was thinking "Why don't I just make bread if they are out of bread at the store" but then it dawned on me I might be out of power, but yesterday I said to myself "Self, your gonna want hot food instead of just PB&J, why not get a little smoky joe, the storm will last last a day or two, if its a week with no power you can cook outside" So I bought a little grill and charcoal and fluid. Now I'm wondering if I can bake bread in that little grill.

Gonna have to go do some internet research :)

I always keep a few cans of sterno on hand. That way even in the dead of winter (PA) we can still heat up some soup or water for instant coffee, cocoa, etc.

Disney closed the parks last October for Hurricane Mathew. The resorts put out a curfew, restricting people to their resort rooms for a period of time. I can't remember exactly how long it was, but for people who were in resorts that had separate buildings, like POR, they were stuck in their rooms during curfew. It may have been just 12 hours, I can't exactly remember. But the one thing I do remember was that the food courts were packed with people waiting to buy the box lunches that Disney was selling. Those lines were really long. So if Disney has to close the parks and issue a curfew, make sure you have supplies in your room. But other than that, there wasn't much of an effect from the hurricane when it came to damage.

Really, a hard lesson to learn all the way around but personally, I'd have to save massive amounts of money to ever book a package deal with someone like that. Never book airfare with Disney or Disney with airlines is my moto. Direct to the source. So much easier to deal with changes direct with the source.

I agree. I always purchase ala carte

Does anyone know if I could get refunded on an annual pass renewal if I were to cancel the one trip I was going to use it on?

They shop ahead but at this point it is probably too late. I talked to them yesterday and they assured me they already had bottled water for those that had already ordered it. If you are making a new order today or later this week, I wouldn't count of them to have any for you.

This what the Garden Grocer staff in Florida are presently seeing when they go to fill a water order:

Irma%20Empty%20Shelves_1504561704855_10509489_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

For anyone that was planning a trip for this Friday or Saturday, have you rescheduled and if so, were you fortunate to get the dates you wanted? I'm currently on hold and hoping to reschedule for sometime in the next month. Hoping to keep our dining plan too.

I'm at Pop right now and not scheduled to fly out until the 12th. Have already stocked up on water and cans of soda and cereal and cereal bars. Looking on Amazon right now to try to get a high capacity power bank (I have a couple of them but they don't hold much charge)... Fingers crossed for Friday delivery!

For anyone that was planning a trip for this Friday or Saturday, have you rescheduled and if so, were you fortunate to get the dates you wanted? I'm currently on hold and hoping to reschedule for sometime in the next month. Hoping to keep our dining plan too.

now before anyone calls me stupid or crazy - I'm leaving my trip as is. we fly in Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter