Hurricane Irma?

Dude I'm the exact same dates!!

Like I said earlier, we'll be good until at least mid-day Saturday. We don't have to make decisions right now about changing flights or anything.

I consider us lucky since only the very end of our trips will be affected.
TOTALLY agree!! I feel really bad for those coming in later. The bad part is I'm from the MS gulf coast living here in Cali and completely forgot about hurricane season so I booked in Jun/Jul and now this. Like I said in an earlier post at the very worst I'll just suck it up and pay extra fees to get our flights changed to Saturday night if need be. I'm glad I found this forum it's made me feel loads better. We are T-Minus 4 hours heading to the airport for the redeye out of San Diego....good luck everyone!!

I'm flying in the 6th! Stay is through the 16th. My husband wants to see if we can move our trip back a week and maybe miss the bulk of the storm. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.
We are flying in the 6th too but only staying til the 13th. We are still going because rescheduling is impossible with my work. We are renting a car when we get there and if things look like they are heading our way will check out Saturday night/ Sunday morning and possibly head towards the Alabama beaches for a few days to finish our trip.

IF they call for any type of impact on late Sunday/Monday (timing?), we will more than likely know something regarding evacuations on Saturday. For Matthew, which hit late Thursday-Friday, we were asked to vacate our cabin on Wednesday and mandatory by noon Thursday. Guests were sent to AoA. Also, from what I remember, guests that needed room extensions were accomodated at discounted rates.

Now, saying all that, I'd wait and see where they may/may not send you.

Btw, we will be there, as well...checking in this Friday. I sure know how to pick em' :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info!! It's nice to hear from somebody who went through almost our exact situation! I told my roommate that when they start asking for voluntary evacuations, we are jumping on it. I'd rather move when its a little calmer than when things get mandatory and people might be more apt to get panicky.

TOTALLY agree!! I feel really bad for those coming in later. The bad part is I'm from the MS gulf coast living here in Cali and completely forgot about hurricane season so I booked in Jun/Jul and now this. Like I said in an earlier post at the very worst I'll just suck it up and pay extra fees to get our flights changed to Saturday night if need be. I'm glad I found this forum it's made me feel loads better. We are T-Minus 4 hours heading to the airport for the redeye out of San Diego....good luck everyone!!

Some places like JetBlue will wave the extra fees. But yeah I'm of the exact same mindset!

Where are you staying?

Awesome resort! Have a great time! Let's coordinate our getaway plans later this week! :thumbsup2
LOL, I'll keep checking in on this forum...if worse actually comes to worse I've got family in Mulberry. I'll just grab a car and head over there!

I like that site. It will assist me in deciding when to go to work and when to try working from home (not sure if I can connect to our network from home, but going to give it a try this week to find out). My work week is Saturday through Tuesday, so it could be interesting. I will probably be hosting some evacuees Sunday night, but hopefully not longer. If I were staying anywhere other than Pop, I'd just take everyone with me, lol!

I will be checking in to the cabins at Fort Wilderness on 9/8-9/16. If they make us evacuate Fort Wilderness, will we be able to go back after it passes? Or will we have to stay in whatever resort the send us to the rest of the trip? It's funny, I'm not worried about the storm so much, because I feel like I will be safe at Disney, but what is driving me crazy is wondering if I'm going to have to share a room with my niece and her husband. We picked the cabins so we would have our separate space.

That latest model seems like Orlando would start to feel it starting Sunday. Not a great looking model but we're still almost a week out still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter