Hurricane Irma?

We are due to fly from New Zealand tomorrow. As Air New Zealand has no travel alert in place we can not change our flights and will lose US$4000.00. We are scheduled to land in Orlando on Friday 09/08 at 7.15pm and staying at Royal Pacific at Universal for the first 4 nights and then transferring to POP on the 12th - 22nd. I really don't know what to do and I am stressed to the max.

I would call Air New Zealand and see what they are willing to do. I can't imagine wait times for that call will be that bad. It never hurts to check in and ask!

Have a free dining package at the Pop Century, but it's just reserved for two of us. I have family in the Fort Meyers area that are planning to ride out the storm in Orlando. If Disney puts all guests in the mode where they must remain in their rooms at all time, would there be any way that they could spend that time with us inside the hotel room? Would definitely prefer to be with the extra family if possible.
Those rooms are quite small. Everyone will have to sit on the beds!

We land Friday 3pm ish. If we need to evacuate north, perhaps to Georgia or Alabama, where would be a good place or area to go? Do those states sell canabis? Just to help the nerves like

LOL, you did not just ask whether AL or GA sell cannabis. Bless your heart, I gather you've never been to the Deep South before. Hint: think Bible Belt.

Good luck to any of y'all that flying to Orlando for Disney (or Universal) this weekend. The hurricane looks bad and it seems Disney will get hit and possibly cause some damage. I am sure the park hours will be shorter and rides might be closed down due to the threat of the Hurricane. I am glad I got my trip in last weekend because it were me going this weekend, I would try to postpone to a later date just to be on the safe side.

posting this for the people who are still looking for hurricane path information

ECMWF 12z Sep 6th
GWgf9el.gif

GFS 12z Sep 6th
de2m3x9.gif

LATEST NHC

210044_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

2421adcb-7cb8-42dd-b0d2-8f4020ca123a

Thank you! We are in the crowd that can't reschedule due to my husband's work schedule so we are going to pray for the best and hopefully still have a great time!
I will be right there with you as I can not reschedule my vacation as well as my sister. I believe it will all turn out ok.

We are due to fly from New Zealand tomorrow. As Air New Zealand has no travel alert in place we can not change our flights and will lose US$4000.00. We are scheduled to land in Orlando on Friday 09/08 at 7.15pm and staying at Royal Pacific at Universal for the first 4 nights and then transferring to POP on the 12th - 22nd. I really don't know what to do and I am stressed to the max.

I understand completely! I am supposed to fly in on Sunday with my 4 year old granddaughter. At this point, I'm almost certain we'll cancel. We'll lose quite a bit of money too...I've heard a lot of advice from folks. What folks are saying is that weathering the storm is one thing...the aftermath is another. So, you have to ask how long the airport might be closed down? If you have to spend $2000 to wait around in Orlando (in some other hotel that may not have water/electricity) for a flight out, is it worth it? For me, the hurricane path may travel directly along my path home. So, will we be able to fly down there? Will we be able to fly home? I don't want a vacation where I have to worry about these things.

posting this for the people who are still looking for hurricane path information
2421adcb-7cb8-42dd-b0d2-8f4020ca123a

Can we please knock off posting this stuff? None of this data will be relevant or even accurate >48 hours from now. It's doing nothing but wasting bandwidth and is not useful at all.

If you really must post projections and predictions, just post a URL to real time data.

Can we please knock off posting this stuff? None of this data will be relevant or even accurate >48 hours from now. It's doing nothing but wasting bandwidth.

considering there have been multiple postings of people wanting to see it but cant figure out how to work it, i dont think i will quit. The possibilities are getting narrower and narrower. this can at least help people make the best decision on what they think they should do for their situation

images and gifs do not take up a lot of bandwidth, especially if its once every 20-30 pages

Can we please knock off posting this stuff? None of this data will be relevant or even accurate >48 hours from now. It's doing nothing but wasting bandwidth and is not useful at all.

If you really must post projections and predictions, just post a URL to real time data.

I'm sure the mods have decided what posts will and won't be allowed to be remain.

Good luck to any of y'all that flying to Orlando for Disney (or Universal) this weekend. The hurricane looks bad and it seems Disney will get hit and possibly cause some damage. I am sure the park hours will be shorter and rides might be closed down due to the threat of the Hurricane. I am glad I got my trip in last weekend because it were me going this weekend, I would try to postpone to a later date just to be on the safe side.

Geeez...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter