How would you have dealt with this? Re:Neighbor and false accusation

To be totally judgemental, it was a young 20-something guy who looked like a total punk and he was acting really strangely. I hardly notice what is happening outside, but I was doing a lot of housework that day (I'm usually a slacker!) and I was outside a lot and in the kitchen where I could see out the window. I saw this guy many times with and without his dog, and I had never seen him before. He seemed to stop in front of the neighbors on purpose. I think something more was going on than what was on the surface.

The funny thing is I thought to myself the first time I saw him that his dog better not crap in my yard. I'm glad I minded my own business!

wrong person, sorry..

Last edited:

Grody. :crazy2:

I might make a point to walk my dog down the sidewalk, then turn and go out in the street (if it was a residential area and not busy) and walk down the street until you reach the end of her property, then turn and walk back on the sidewalk to make a point of not walking by her house. Then she can't accuse your dog of pooping in her yard.

Yeah, no kidding. The DIS isn't the same as it used to be.

You wanted validation that you did the right thing?? You wanted a cheering section for taking your dog poop over to some crazy lady's house and dragging her innocent son into?

Even 10 years ago I wouldn't have cheered this on. To answer the original question I certainly not taking dog poop over to compare and prove my point. I'd think of her as the crazy neighbor and call it a day

You wanted validation that you did the right thing?? You wanted a cheering section for taking your dog poop over to some crazy lady's house and dragging her innocent son into?

Even 10 years ago I wouldn't have cheered this on. To answer the original question I certainly not taking dog poop over to compare and prove my point. I'd think of her as the crazy neighbor and call it a day

No, I never said either. I was venting.

Earlier today a lady down the street from me comes to my door with a pooper scooper and poors dog poop on my front step. She claimed that she always sees me walk my dog in front of her house (that's true) and that I NEVER pick up after him. That's NOT true. Not that this matters, but my dog hardly ever poops on walks. He goes on walks, then when he gets home he goes out the dog door to poop in the yard. Strange, I know. And I always have a plastic bag on hand just in case. Anyway, I told her it's NOT my dog, she's saying it is, we say that back and forth several times. She then tells me to be careful with my dog because she'll call security if it happens again. I told her again it wasn't my dog. She then left. So what I do is grab some of my dog's poop from my yard, and pick up the poop she left on my door step and go to her front door. Her teenage son comes out. I explain that there's clearly a difference in the size of dog poop. He says he noticed. My dog is nearly 40 pounds, the poop was from a dog at least as small as a Yorkie or close to it. I then said "Your mom placed this poop on my front step. Since it's not from my dog, I'm placing it on yours." He said ok, and was nice the whole time. Though I was nice to him, he could clearly see I was mad. I was livid. She really got my blood boiling. About a half hour after this happened I walked a neighbor's lab and saw the lady in front of her house. I was really nice to her and explained what I did with the dog poop, and that I really don't want to be enemies with her. I also assured her I will stay off her lawn completely (my dog only would sniff the edges of it) because I don't want to be accused again of something I didn't do. She was "nice", and I think I heard her say ok. She speaks very broken English. I suspect I know which dog is pooping on her lawn, but I'm not going to say anything because I don't know for a fact. Anyway, I'm glad I got the chance to talk to her. I look forward to the day that she catches the real guilty one. She'll then look and feel really stupid.
I'm afraid if someone showed up on my front porch carrying dog poop I'd say: "What's the matter? Does it need more salt?"

OP, I would have left it alone. By you marching back down to your neighbor to prove you were right, well frankly, you're just asking for the **** to hit the fan.

In my opinion, you did the wrong thing. I honestly would have reported her to the police for dropping animal waste on my porch. No way would I be playing CSI and carrying dog crap all over the neighborhood for everyone to see to prove I was right.

Yes, I know things like this can get ugly. My neighbor across the street got fed up with someone letting their dog crap in their yard and called the cops. The State Police made the guy walk along the whole street and pick up crap. The next day the guy mowed down their mail box. CRAZY!

I don't know why, but this made me LOL!!!!

I was like, "OP did whaaaaaaaaat?????" when I read about her gathering up poop and bringing it to the neighbors house to examine the size. :eek:

op, I don't think you are crazy, but the story is just a little odd. I know how it feels to be accused of something you didn't do and you just want to prove yourself right. I do think you MAY have gone a LITTLE overboard though! LOL! But then again I am so non-confrontational that I would walk my dog somewhere else to avoid her.

I don't know why, but this made me LOL!!!!

I was like, "OP did whaaaaaaaaat?????" when I read about her gathering up poop and bringing it to the neighbors house to examine the size. :eek:

op, I don't think you are crazy, but the story is just a little odd. I know how it feels to be accused of something you didn't do and you just want to prove yourself right. I do think you MAY have gone a LITTLE overboard though! LOL! But then again I am so non-confrontational that I would walk my dog somewhere else to avoid her.

I was really angry when this happened, and couldn't think straight. Perhaps I could have dealt with this differently, but I was caught off guard. When she came to my door, she had her two young girls with her and I thought she was coming to see if my kids could play. So it was a shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter