How wild is Barnstormer? 7DMT?

wuzzle02

Mouseketeer
Hypothetically, if BTMR were ranked as a 5 on a ten-point scale for how wild it is, what ranking would you give Barnstormer? What ranking would you give 7DMT?

If btmrr is a 5 then I'd give mine train a 3.5 and barnstormer a 1

Some say barnstormer is more "intense" than 7dmt, I don't see that at all. However both rides are aimed toward young kids and are low on the intense scale

the sets on brain stormer can make the ride rank up at a 6 but it really is not a bad one you can see the whole coaster 7DMT is not bad either I would say a 4

I would give 7DMT a 3. It really isn't bad. The swaying of the cars can sometimes make the attraction less intense, but it also makes it fun. I don't have any experience with Barnstormer.

I would give Barnstormer a 3, and 7DMT a 2. Barnstormer goes shockingly fast and has the usual rickety feeling and sliding around in your seat thing, but it is short and no big drops. Mine Train is a smoooooth ride and the lap bar is able to really customize fit for a secure ride. I much prefer Mine Train, and I think it's less intense for little kids.

I'm going to give Barnstormer a 3 and 7DMT a 2. Mine Train is definitely smoother, but neither are intense.

Barnstormer is very tame. It's 1 step up from the kiddie coasters that are near ground height but still a young rider ride.

7dmt is really smooth and the cars rock making it even smoother.. There is a different experience depending on where you sit. Rows 1-6 the drops are very tame as the train is a good ways into the drop before it overcomes gravity of the back of the train to speed up. rows 7+ are pulled into the drop and experience it the entire thing at full speed and it's noticeably different. If you have any concerns and want it to be as tame as possible, request to be near the front but not in the front row where you can see down the track. There is actually a line to sit in the last row (an area they ask anyone requesting it to stand in) and no line for the first row.

I agree with everyone above. If you're worried about little kids, they can most likely handle both of them. My son was 3 when he had a full on meltdown at MK because he wanted to ride Barnstormer and I didn't want him to. Thought it would be too much for a 3 year old. I finally gave in and he loved it! 7dmt is a lot smoother. A much nicer coaster.

I'd give Barnstormer a 2. 7DMT gets a 2 if sitting in the front, 4 if sitting in the back, and 3 if sitting in the middle.

I think Barnstormer seems more intense because it's such an uncomfortable ride, especially for adults. It's really very mild.

I'll rate them a 3, because my youngest DD has been riding them since she was 3. She loves them all.

I took my 2.5 yo on barnstormer. My wife had my 5.5 yo. I didn't realize how fast it was until I was on and the bar didn't reach my youngest. She was tall enough, but definitely too small to be on. For a kindergartner, it was perfect. We're going back this year (three years later) and looking forward to going on both Barnstormer and 7DMT which wasn't completed until after we visited last time. My oldest will be close to 9 so we will also do Spacemountain with her.

My back finds the seat back, along with the jerkiness of the ride, of Barnstormer to be super uncomfortable. But I do it for the kids. :)

Using Big Thunder as the base with a 5 I put 7D at a 3 and Barnstormer a 0.
Now, Barnstormer is not a comfortable ride for adults but it's not due to being intense or anything. It's just jerky. Best day ever was when DGD turned 7 and she could start riding Barnstormer by herself. She's ride 5 or 6 times in a row while DH and I sit and have a beverage and snack there on the wall by the exit. We let her go and go and go.

From one point-of-view, the real good thing about Barnstormer is that it's over so quickly. So, if anyone finds it too intense, it ends fast.

As a non-thrill ride guy myself, I appreciated that it ended quickly. Now, I've built up my tolerance enough to go (and enjoy) BTMRR. Barnstormer helped with that.

The climb at the start can be a bit nerving, if you don't enjoy the drop that comes after it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter