• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is your 2016 Disney vacation going to cost you?

I am going to purchase giftcards for our QS dining and the 2 TS we plan on going to. I will start buying the $150 packs from Sams for $142. Flights aren't booked yet but will do that hopefully as soon as Southwest comes out with their Sept flights!

I paid my original $200 deposit but then I also used the gift cards from Sam's to pay our balance. It saved us $126.

Just a reminder:

If you're going to mention a travel agency or other business in your post, you MUST use the full name or URL of the business so that the board's word filter can correctly identify and remove banned business names. That's the DISboards rule. Using cute little nicknames for a business or a deal because you know it's not permitted to use the full business name is a violation of board rules (filter violation). Attempts to bypass the word filter may result in a) your post being deleted, b) a warning, and/or c) infraction points.

Glad someone started one!!! I don't know why, but these threads always make me happy...maybe it keeps me daydreaming about future visits.... Right now I am (hoping) to get our family down for a short, 5 day visit in the spring. Iwas considering not going to parks at all(!!!) but maybe just a resorts,Disney Springs,relaxing kind of long weekend.... but then I saw that the Flower and Garden festival is happening in the spring(!!!) Now I am tempted...... anyway....so far my trip is costing me $24.00 for airline tickets (using points and pass) and I haven't gotten farther in my planning yet.(I have yet to see if my fam is onboard with this)
***edit*** two nights at AsMo...-$0 on cc points! so far so good....
budget for next 2 nights is currently at $50- cc points again...
main budget I guess will be for food..food....food probably around $600 for 5 days(?)

Last edited:
Only doing 4 nights in Oct for F&W. Me, DH and twin DDs-17:
DVC- BWV- studio- 61 pts- annual dues for those pts are : $377
airfare for DDs and I- estimate based on Aug current rates : $500
food/beverage- estimate based on F&W trips past 3 years : $900
DH drive from Durham, NC- round trip- gas- maximum cost : $120
Tickets- APs expired- not sure what we'll get- estimate @ : $1100 (need to think about slimming this down)
---------
@$3000= $187 per person/per day

March 10-13 - 2 adults

3 nights @ Yacht Club, club level $1569
(2) 3 day park hoppers $692
Driving round trip $300
Food budget: $300
Souvenirs: $100
Total: $2961

This is my birthday trip and pretty much our last hurrah because we're in the process of looking for a house and planning to have kids in the near future.

We are supposed to go to disney in october 2016, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I added a day.
Arriving on the 9th
$153 for POP for the one night
$653 for (2) 4 day base tickets

new total : $3075

Instead of paying for the tickets separately, I put them with the room to make it a package and now have 6 months to pay them off from package due date.

Plus, if I have to cancel the trip for any reason, I didn't want to purchase the tickets separately and then not have the $$ for something else.

I guess this is how I justify adding another day.

My food budget shouldnt change too much.
Also, I know I'll have enough disney rewards and disney giftcards to cover the extra cost.

Sept 12-22 WBC 3/2 Presidential $1500
International tickets x6 = $1978
Grands plane tickets =$648
Minivan rental, gas, parking x5= $1,000
8 5 day tickets $2526 UT
Food and shopping budget $2348
Total: $10,000 for 6 adults, 2 kids.

I have to ask-where/how did you get that price for GF??

QUOTE="wsharis, post: 54803285, member: 555482"]Just booked mine yesterday! This is my surprise Christmas present to my mom!

Dates: August 29-September 5
7 nights at Grand Floridian in deluxe studio outer building garden view - $1819

1 two day park hopper for my dad joining us the last weekend - $257

1 five day park hopper for myself - $403 (mom will probably be paying for her own ticket and won't want as many days)

Haven't booked flights yet but have a southwest companion pass so will only being paying for one ticket RT from ATL to MCO for my mom and I and then paying for my dad's separate flight - estimating around $400 to be safe for all three, will book when September 2016 flights become available

Estimated Total: $2879[/QUOTE]

April 20-28th (2 "free nights at ASMovie with family) 6 Nights at All Star Movies = $777 (with bounceback offer) split with aunt so $388.50 per person)
RT Flight from NH - Orlando $390
Tickets = $0 (I have an AP)
High estimate for Food/Souvenirs = $1,000 (I like souvenirs and table service)
Room will have 2 adults and 1 child but I am only paying for myself.
Total = $1,778.50

I am also doing a trip in September 2016 but haven't finished the planning for that

Mother/daughter trip January 2016 (SSSHHH, its a Christmas present for DD18).

Airfare via SW points = free
Airport hotel/parking $100
AKL Jambo SV Studio, 4 nights, $500 (bought points from a friend at a bargain price)
3-day park tickets through AAA $575 (we might add a day depending on arrival time/weather)
OOP Dining budget $500 (dining plan would be about the same plus gratuities so we'll try OOP instead this time)

Less - Disney Visa $125 and $100 Landrys Card

Total, four nights, two adults = $1450

June 15 - 25, 2016

Pop - $699

AKL - $1500

Flights - $44.80 (SWA RR...just the taxes!)

Food and spending money - $1500

Parking - about $100 (at airport at home)

So, just under $4K. Hoping for a discount on the Pop part, and then I doubt we will spend all the food/spending money. We are going for my son's birthday in June and we are not doing parks. All he wants to do is swim, play mini golf, bowl, and go to Fort Wilderness. SCORE!

I have paid most of Pop, all of the airfare ;), a chunk of AKL, and I save $200/ each of DH's checks towards it. Plus, 1/2 of my OT each month. So, it should be paid off well in advance.

June 15 - 25, 2016

We are going for my son's birthday in June and we are not doing parks. All he wants to do is swim, play mini golf, bowl, and go to Fort Wilderness. SCORE!
See, this is what I am considering.... I asked my ds if he would enjoy something like this..... not sure he's onboard though.... I would love it!

7 days at aoa cars suite is 787.50
Round trip flights for two 704.36
No cost for parks as we get in free.

So with food and everything else about 1700.

How did you get such a great price for the suites?? That's awesome!

See, this is what I am considering.... I asked my ds if he would enjoy something like this..... not sure he's onboard though.... I would love it!

We have done this kind of trip 3 times now? My kids LOVE it. So much more relaxing.

January 17--23. Family of 4, Six nights at Pop, with six-day base (non-hopper) park tickets and the meal plan (CS+QS+snack) and flight to/from Chicago on SWA.

Should have cost $4136 but through some gift card manipulation with Target & cash gifts from my in-laws my total cost out of pocket was $3510.

I am getting cash gifts at Christmas from my own parents to cover our in-park expenses (mainly tips and souvenirs). That and I have $80 of rewards bucks on a GC from my Disney Visa Chase. So I'm hopeful that my out of pocket expenses during the trip will be minimal.

Working on our spring break trip now! Just booked the rooms, so I think I definitely know prices at this point. This trip is for myself, my husband, and our three-year-old.

5 nights at Pop Century = $552*
3-day base tickets = $858**
Gas to and from Michigan = $220
Meals = $358
Groceries (on the road & breakfasts at Disney) = $100
Souvenirs, ice cream, etc. = $100

TOTAL = about $2,200

I promised my husband we'd keep this trip cheap, and I'm pretty proud of the work I've done!

*Spring room-only deal + booked through Orbitz for the extra 15%
**We like to do one park per day and take days off

January 25-29, 2016
1adult/16 yr old
All Star Sports, standard $320 (bounce back)
Tickets $0 (me- comp ticket, dd16 ticket from previous trip)
Flights $297 total
Food- $300

May 1st-May 7th
2 adults/3 kids (Disney adults)
5 round trip tickets on Southwest - $1,189
1 night at Residence Inn ( we arrive late) = $0; Free room since Im a Silver Rewards member
4 nights Contemporary, Garden Wing w/ 2 day base tix + 1 water park included = $2,053
1 night at Universal/Royal Pacific w/5 1 day, 1 park tic = $863.56
Food/Souvenirs - $ 0 - several gifts cards earned from rewards
Car - full size car for the week - $260
total = $4,365.56

January 17--23. Family of 4, Six nights at Pop, with six-day base (non-hopper) park tickets and the meal plan (CS+QS+snack) and flight to/from Chicago on SWA.

Should have cost $4136 but through some gift card manipulation with Target & cash gifts from my in-laws my total cost out of pocket was $3510.

I am getting cash gifts at Christmas from my own parents to cover our in-park expenses (mainly tips and souvenirs). That and I have $80 of rewards bucks on a GC from my Disney Visa Chase. So I'm hopeful that my out of pocket expenses during the trip will be minimal.

That's amazing price. When we went last October, the total was over $7k for a family of 4. We stayed at Art of Animation (value but suite), but I guess it was flight on top on park tickets that got us.

March
5 nights at Swan $1410 - (might be $150 if we use our points)
2 Air United - $44 on points
2 Annual Passes - $0
Disney Visa points for food - $0

April
5 nights at Yacht Club - $1930
2 Air United - $44 on points
2 Annual Passes - $0
Disney Visa points for food + $200

Oct/Nov
6 nights at BWV 1-bdr DVC - $2040
2 Air SW $44 on points
??renewing Annual Passes maybe - $?
Garden Grocer $150
Disney Visa points +Food $300

We will have used the Annual Passes (bought last May) for a total of 21 days each.. bout $32 a day average or $160 per trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter