• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many phones have you

I dropped one in the toilet once. Another one I dropped and cracked a corner of the screen, but it was still usable.

None. Yet. Knock on wood. Now I feel like I've jinxed myself.

Ok, yes I have broken a phone. I was juggling my phone and an armload of stuff and trying to text someone and I dropped my last phone, it still worked but there was a big crack in the screen.

The flipout snapped off my little Sony after 5 years. By far the smallest & lightest phone I ever had or was ever able to find. I miss it.

Hmm...at least 3. My favorites were 1)put it on top of the car and drove off without it. 2)dropped it the day after I got it and shattered the screen. Still used it. Then I put it on top of the car and drove off without that one. Fun days! :rolleyes1

1 - Lost on Splash Mountain
2 - Accidentally left at Culvers, then stolen. We tracked it with the "find my phone" app, the Police even actually went to the address and asked, but of course they denied anything.

I also lost my phone on Rock n Roller Coaster, but that one they were able to collect and send to the front of the park by the time we left at the end of the day.

Obviously, we pay for phone insurance. :teeth:

I have chipped or cracked screen protectors, and currently have a tiny scratch in the screen of my phone, but I've taken care of my phones.

The one time I had to replace a broken screen on a phone, it was because Apple sold me a garbage iPhone. 12 days out of warranty (but still about 10 months left under contract) and the digitizer started dying and caused a blob 1/4 the size of the screen to go dead. They offered to let me pay half the full price for a new phone. I told them to pound sand. I bought the replacement parts and a tool kit and disassembled and reassembled my phone to the new screen.

In 14 years, I've had 6 phones and all of them survived intact.

I dropped my iPhone 5 in the pool in 2013 in the deep end, not the easiest to fish out with the net. I put it in rice for a week & it lasted me till last month. I finally upgraded to an iPhone 8. Nothing was wrong with it just didn’t hold a charge very long anymore & I wanted a battery life for our trip to Disney next week.
I guess I can answer 0

Well....I kinda sorta broke my work phone about 3 months ago by slamming the receiver down. Now it only works on speaker phone which is a pain in the behind. They have a new one on order for me but it must come from some 3rd world country as long as it is taking to get here.

0 I did drop current phone in a bucket of water. I dried it out in rice and it still works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter