How long do you think the Skyliner wait time will be when it opens?

From what was reported on Len Testa's podcast, if your trip from a resort to a park involves stops at other resorts, you have to get off at each stop and board the next car.
Not exactly. Everyone traveling to/from Pop/AoA needs to transfer, and everyone traveling between DHS & Riviera or Epcot needs to transfer. CBR is the only transfer location; no one needs to transfer more than once.

CBR Guests never need to transfer. Riviera Guests need to transfer for DHS but not for Epcot.

Last edited:
Not exactly. Everyone traveling to/from Pop/AoA needs to transfer, and everyone traveling between DHS & Riviera or Epcot needs to transfer. CBR is the only transfer location; no one needs to transfer more than once.

CBR Guests never need to transfer. Riviera Guests need to transfer for DHS but not for Epcot.

on crutches.

I think there will be a somewhat shorter wait for these than for the buses, but there will definitely be times where you'll have to wait for a gondola car. Especially leading up to park opening times and at park closing times.

So bunches of skyliner videos up on youtube. Riviera station not open yet, so it is a pass through, but all the other stations were "get off, go back in line" for next destination. Seemed to move along pretty well, but we will see how the lines are.

So the big test will be which method of transportation from Epcot Int. gate to Hollywood studios is quicker. I plan to test 1 and 3 during Nov's trip :D

1. Skyliner to CBR, then get on HS line
2. Friendship boat
3. Walk on the path
4. No bus available from BC or BW

Last edited:
So bunches of skyliner videos up on youtube. Riviera station not open yet, so it is a pass through, but all the other stations were "get off, go back in line" for next destination. Seemed to move along pretty well, but we will see how the lines are.

So the big test will be which method of transportation from Epcot Int. gate to Hollywood studios is quicker. I plan to test 1 and 3 during Nov's trip :D

1. Skyliner to CBR, then get on HS line
2. Friendship boat
3. Walk on the path
4. Take bus from BC or BW
4. should be bus from front of EPCOT to DHS. A bus from BC would require a bus to the DS or AK then a bus to DHS.

Walk on the path, taking the short cut through BW should be the fastest. I think 1 and 2 should be similar if you have a short wait for the boat.

Will it take strollers? Double wides? The triples for the toddler to stand? Collapsed? UGH, watch any bus stop to see that drama "unfold" :rotfl2:

There is a great video showing strollers rolling right on. It is wide enough for the wheelchairs, so a double shouldn't have a problem and it's long enough for the stand behind triplet. If a person needs extra time to board they would use the car that is detached which has come to a standstill, and when loaded and ready is put back into the line.

I see a backup at opening and closing, but otherwise it should be a slow smooth move. If people start to insist on only their group occupying the car, then it will take longer. Hopefully, people will see this a transportation, and fill the car like they would fill all the bus seats, and not think it's a ride where they get tons of space.

Has anyone been close up to a station to see if they built the boarding corals which shows they are expecting long lines?

It is continuous loading and can handle 3500 people per hour one way. That’s the equivalent of more than 11 monorail trains and about 44 buses. The lines will not be long, a few minutes at most.

I just watched Rob's (Passport to the Parks) new youtube video of the entire route. From when the doors closed at Epcot to when they opened at DHS is 17 minutes. A little longer, really, because the video didn't include disembarking and transferring at CBR.

There obviously weren't a lot of passengers, but there was a small line when they first boarded at DHS. Mostly, everything was a walk on.

If people start to insist on only their group occupying the car, then it will take longer. Hopefully, people will see this a transportation, and fill the car like they would fill all the bus seats, and not think it's a ride where they get tons of space.

There's a lot more space on a bus than in those gondolas and AC to boot. I think filling the cars will create a lot of very uncomfortable journeys.

Imagine being jammed in with a family during the heat of July, and halfway through the trip the car stops. You're hanging in mid-air in a hotbox with NO moving air and NO way to escape, crowded cheek by jowl with a bunch of strangers. Kids start crying. Grandma starts complaining she can't breathe. Dad starts yelling for everybody to shut up. If it's 99 degrees outside, it's 99 degrees in that car, and you might not be moving for half an hour.

I think I'll take the bus, thanks!

There's a lot more space on a bus than in those gondolas and AC to boot. I think filling the cars will create a lot of very uncomfortable journeys.

Imagine being jammed in with a family during the heat of July, and halfway through the trip the car stops. You're hanging in mid-air in a hotbox with NO moving air and NO way to escape, crowded cheek by jowl with a bunch of strangers. Kids start crying. Grandma starts complaining she can't breathe. Dad starts yelling for everybody to shut up. If it's 99 degrees outside, it's 99 degrees in that car, and you might not be moving for half an hour.

I think I'll take the bus, thanks!

It’s a max of 10 per car on like a 7-minute journey. It’s not going to be “cheek by jowl” in an inescapable swinging death oven.

Hyperbole, I swear. It hasn’t even opened to the public yet and posters all over these boards are concern trolling about people turning them into sex dens, drunkenly trying to rock them into doing full 360s and passengers being subjected to Final Destination-esque horror scenes.

Last edited:
can all guest of Disney world ride the skyliner like the other transportation in Disney or is it for resort guest only

I understand there are alert buttons in the cars, in case of emergency. Does anyone know where those alert calls go to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter