• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is the A/C In Attractions Now?

Tink575

Mouseketeer
If any of you are there now how is the a/c in the attractions? Last time we were there in May and the air conditioning could barely be felt and chillers were off in the water fountains. There was no relief to be had from the 90+ degree heat. I know quick serve has free ice water, but it was served in tiny cups and you barely got one gulp, lines were huge and it was only practical if ordering a meal. Yes, you had to wait on the line.

It amazes me how people can say get ice water at quick serve. I thought then of going to First Aid but I didn't know if it would be better. We just left the parks. Thanks so much.

If any of you are there now how is the a/c in the attractions? Last time we were there in May and the air conditioning could barely be felt and chillers were off in the water fountains. There was no relief to be had from the 90+ degree heat. I know quick serve has free ice water, but it was served in tiny cups and you barely got one gulp, lines were huge and it was only practical if ordering a meal. Yes, you had to wait on the line.

It amazes me how people can say get ice water at quick serve. I thought then of going to First Aid but I didn't know if it would be better. We just left the parks. Thanks so much.

I was there 2 weeks ago and we thought the AC was inadequate in most stores and attractions. Near 90 degrees.

I was there 2 weeks ago and we thought the AC was inadequate in most stores and attractions. Near 90 degrees.

Oh heaven help me is all I can say, I'm disabled and spend more time in the COP, Country Bears and the like anyway. thanks so much for your answer.

A/C is not good in most places at WDW. I go there twice a week and I have never made a line to get ice water, also you can also ask for a large cup or 2 cups if they are only giving the small ones

Just got back. While the A/C is having a tough time keeping up with the heat, I did not find it anywhere near 90 degrees inside. I assume that was just an exaggeration.

My son can't control his body temp so we are always seeking coolness. The AC just isn't near as cool as it use to be. I remember having to carry a sweater with me because I'd freeze on attractions and at restaurants. Certainly not the case now.

Ask for a large cup of ice or ice water at counter service.

The lobby of Hall of Presidents was not cool, but the theater inside was nice and cool! Philharmagic is a good place to cool down too, because both the preshow room and theater are cool.

We didn't stay long. My son went through both ice changes of his cooling vest in 4 hours in the park and to get out of the park to the car used a 3rd ice pack change.

Just got back. While the A/C is having a tough time keeping up with the heat, I did not find it anywhere near 90 degrees inside. I assume that was just an exaggeration.

The AC should be able to keep up with the heat if it is set low enough. It sounds like they are setting the temp higher. Is it to save money? I hope they get it adjusted correctly for July and Aug! People will be fainting left and right.

We have been at EPCOT and Hollywood Studios over the last week or so, and air conditioning is pathetic, I also would agree it is nowhere near 90 degrees but definitely lower 80's or so, not the cool, refreshment that we used to have walking into a shop or ride. We talked with several CM's who obviously can't say anything but agreed with us when we mentioned budget cutting due to the shanghai issue. Its really frustrating.

Jennifer

We have been here for two weeks. The air conditioning is good or adequate everywhere except for a couple of booths at the Garden Fest in Epcot. Those are outside anyway and just have bad ventilation. The air conditioning is actually very cold on Pirates, Ariel, and a couple of the darker rides with long lines. In reference to the free ice water, it is available everywhere we've asked and quite plentiful, often in the large cups.

I meant outside. The previous poster I quoted mentioned 90+ degree heat (I assumed outside). We really noticed it in the gift shops, we were dying in the one by Splash Mountain. We ducked in there to kill time before our fastpass and ended up just leaving.

We just got back on Sunday. It was low to mid 90s the most of the week prior and very humid.

I do not do well in the heat (I live in Washington state for a reason), but the only queue that was uncomfortable - and then only once of the two times we rode it - was Toy Story Midway Mania.

Coolest ride, temperature-wise, was Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid. The blast of cold air as you go 'under water' and then when 'resurfacing' was pure bliss.

Other than that, I felt most air-conditioned areas were quite comfortable.

I completely thought I was going to post an I don't agree as it's been comfortable, maybe not freeze you right away but I've been happy with it.. However, I've been in the shop near space mountain and vividly remember how cold that one is so if someone recent is saying that was too hot to wait in, something is up...

I've been in Magic Kingdom a lot in the last week as a guest, and been perfectly comfortable in all the air conditioned areas. I don't tolerate heat well, but I also don't want to need a sweatshirt indoors when it's 90 degrees out.

I remember in years past the AC being uncomfortably cold. I froze during meals and God help me if it rained and I was wet and had to suffer an indoor attraction. Two weeks ago we were there and I had no complaints. I was very comfortable and it was low 90's outside all weekend.

We were there from 5/8-5/18. I was hot but not too hot, upper 80's or around 90 most days. The only attraction I really noticed was TSMM. It was very hot in there. I didn't notice it so much while I was in the main que, but once you went up the steps it was hot and very stuffy there. Everyone in line was sweating and fanning themselves.

It varies a lot depending on the attraction, but overall the AC is not sufficient. There are "cool spots" like the queue for Nemo at Epcot, but most attractions are anywhere from luke warm to very stuffy. Spaceship Earth was particularly warm every time we rode it. I was just there in April and it was a hot week (high in the 90s daily). Sadly we did not "cool off" by going in attractions.

Spaceship earth was uncomfortably hot a few weeks ago! This was the only indoor attraction where I really felt too hot.

I agree though that they have turned up the temps on the AC in many places. I too remember being freezing years ago which was not necessary but I think they could stand to turn the temp down a couple of notches especially with the super hot weather coming!

One of the struggles with getting the air conditioning right is that most of the attractions/rides are at least partially open to the outside. To cool the area immediately near the entrance the A/C would probably feel cold once further in the building. This was my experience generally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter