How is the A/C In Attractions Now?

we just got back from a ten day trip in WDW. I am 6 months pregnant....I was surprised I wasn't a sweaty mess the whole trip, but it was really mostly pleasant and I found the insides of stores and rides to be nice and cool. I didn't notice it being excessively warm inside any rides, stores, etc. I remember I commented to my husband that there was a noticeable difference when riding People Mover as compared to the past, but we typically go in June-August so I imagine the temperature difference outside would make you feel that "blast" of cold air mid summer as compared to the temps that we experienced last week (high 80s, low humidity). I did wish there would be some fans placed in the outside waiting area for Olaf and the Sorcerer Mickey/Minnie M&G areas in DHS but once inside it felt nice and cool.

I am another one cold all the time and will be interested to see what happens further into the summer. I may not have to wear long sleeves and pants our whole July trip!:smooth: Yes it is hot outside but I usually freeze on rides, in the resort, and in restaurants:cold:

I noticed some of this when I was there in February. I figured it was just because it wasn't that hot outside though. For example, Haunted Mansion felt incredibly warm and stuffy. I also noticed I would have to turn my a/c down in my room every evening because when I returned each night, mousekeeping had turned it up to 73-75, which is just not acceptable for me when sleeping. I was so hoping it was just because of the time of year, but I guess not. Bummer.

I noticed some of this when I was there in February. I figured it was just because it wasn't that hot outside though. For example, Haunted Mansion felt incredibly warm and stuffy. I also noticed I would have to turn my a/c down in my room every evening because when I returned each night, mousekeeping had turned it up to 73-75, which is just not acceptable for me when sleeping. I was so hoping it was just because of the time of year, but I guess not. Bummer.

It probably was not housekeeping, it's was probably a sensor that senses you aren't in the room anymore and jacks up the temp. Which I am actually fine with when the room is empty but sometimes at night the sensor thinks you aren't there because it can't sense your movement and jacks it up. Which is not fun when you wake up a hot sweaty mess all night.

I agree. They don't *have* to give any water for free. It could just be you either bring a water bottle, use a water fountain or buy a bottle of water.

Update:OP here, I've read about the free water here for years and wondered how anyone could get enough in the heat and where all these cups freely out for the taking were. I only asked for some when ordering a meal in the past, couldn't imagine not carrying any water into the parks and making it through a day.

Today at 1PM I checked Casey's, no water out, but a cart selling Dasani water, and only the water, was positioned at the Main Street entrance, I quoted the post above because perhaps they are right and that is the wave of the future.

The a/c was OK in Pirates and Haunted Mansion the only two rides we went on, Pirates was colder but that's understandable, OK also in the Emporium and stores. After that we went home, we only went today because we needed our car checked out at Car Care.

Sunday: It was hotter than Magic Kingdom today, but water ice cold by the bathrooms near Figment . The a/c was noticeably more cold than that in MK, based on the stores and Mexico.

I'll update as we go to different parks, Universal's a/c has always been noticeably much colder than Disney's for quite a few years.

If you google "Has Disney World turned down the air conditioning" you get results from 2007 to now. If Disney had increased the temp 2-3 degrees every year (as seems to be the perception) then after 9 years they wouldn't have A/C on at all.

Stacy

Just got back yesterday. I was there all last week. The AC wasn't as "cranked" as in the past. Not totally unbearable by any means but it was noticeable. It was rough last week - in the low 90's with heat indexes near 100. Some attractions had better AC than others. At no point inside did I feel "hot" and "miserable" but it wasn't the usual cool blast.

Ok, a quick search will bring up this thread topic every year around the same time of year like clockwork. It comes down to personal preference I think. You will find two people there at the same time with two different feelings about it. And a few years ago, there was no Shanghai to blame it on. :rolleyes:

We were there end of April, early May. Temps in the 90's. It was completely fine indoors.

Update:OP here, I've read about the free water here for years and wondered how anyone could get enough in the heat and where all these cups freely out for the taking were. I only asked for some when ordering a meal in the past, couldn't imagine not carrying any water into the parks and making it through a day.

Today at 1PM I checked Casey's, no water out, but a cart selling Dasani water, and only the water, was positioned at the Main Street entrance, I quoted the post above because perhaps they are right and that is the wave of the future.

The a/c was OK in Pirates and Haunted Mansion the only two rides we went on, Pirates was colder but that's understandable, OK also in the Emporium and stores. After that we went home, we only went today because we needed our car checked out at Car Care.

Sunday: It was hotter than Magic Kingdom today, but water ice cold by the bathrooms near Figment . The a/c was noticeably more cold than that in MK, based on the stores and Mexico.

I'll update as we go to different parks, Universal's a/c has always been noticeably much colder than Disney's for quite a few years.

When it comes to the free water, we've gotten it for years at places that have soda machines. We did typically get some with our meals, but if we ran out of our bottled water for that day while roaming the park and needed a drink, we'd watch for a cart that sells popcorn and such, if they had a fountain soda machine in there, we'd just go up and ask for a cup of ice water. We didn't need any this past trip, but if I remember right it was usually a small cup, approx 12 ounces.

During our recent trip two weeks ago, I did notice carts of water with cone cups at Tony's and Crystal Palace, I believe meant for those waiting to get in for their reservation (didn't stop some people from stopping by and filling their water bottles though). I didn't notice them anywhere else in the parks but we weren't looking for them.

Just finished a trip. I've visited at lots of different times of year, and we also frequently go in early June. It was noticeably warmer in buildings than it used to be. (Albeit not across the board.)

Studios: Toy Story Mania was not comfortable. Brown Derby was cold (and wonderful). Muppets, Movie Ride, and Star Tours were quite stuffy.

Over at Epcot: Spaceship Earth was downright warm. Ellen and Land were a little stuffy. Space was the only one that was refreshingly cool.

MK: Haunted Mansion wasn't cold, and it's always been a welcome chill in the past. Pirates was stuffy. I remember being chilly on Splash throughout the year before, and many of the scenes this time were warmer. Philharmagic wasn't cold like before.

Bathrooms were where I noticed it the most universally. Bathrooms used to be pretty frigid (which to me helps the impression of being cleaner). This time, there were several that were muggy and smelly. (Splash, Tower of Terror, Test Track, and Land bathrooms in particular.)

Overall, it was very hot when we were there, and without the refreshing blast of cooler attractions, we left the parks sooner than we normally would for that time of the year.

-M

If any of you are there now how is the a/c in the attractions? Last time we were there in May and the air conditioning could barely be felt and chillers were off in the water fountains. There was no relief to be had from the 90+ degree heat. I know quick serve has free ice water, but it was served in tiny cups and you barely got one gulp, lines were huge and it was only practical if ordering a meal. Yes, you had to wait on the line.

It amazes me how people can say get ice water at quick serve. I thought then of going to First Aid but I didn't know if it would be better. We just left the parks. Thanks so much.

The ice water usually comes in the small sized cup, 16 oz as pp stayed, but you can ask for more than one or ask for a large. Several places we found no lines for ice water. Kiosks that serve fountain drinks.

Also, air conditioning last week in the 95 degree heat was not perfect, but it felt nice in some of the queues. Splash Mountain had it pumped up as did Big Thunder. Several attractions such as Turtle talk, Ariel , Enchanted Tales with Belle I recall feeling very cool inside. Even Small World was cool. The monorail felt cool when we were standing up (catching the ac current up there) .... The heat plus humidity was stifling to be sure. We stayed at Poly, but drove on property, our car registered 108 degrees in the heat of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter