How hard is it to book 4 studios?

raider97

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I am researching DVC. My husband and I are interested in buying a contract that allows us to stay in a studio every year, but we want to buy enough points that we could bank/borrow enough to sometimes take the kids and their families. So my question is how hard is it to book 4 studios or 2 two bedrooms at 7 months during the summer? Or 4 studios during the summer at BLT or either WL property? AKL?

Also, I read that BLT studios book up quickly during the peak season Sept - Jan. How hard is it to book a studio during this times at 11 months? Impossible? We plan to vacation when it is cooler on our own.

TIA!

Stephanie

any studios=HARD
Cheapest rooms during cheapest season books fast (studios and Sept-Jan, especially cheaper view categories)
11 months, though, is not an issue for 1 studio or maybe 2 or even 2 2BR
you have to book one room at a time so some thing go within mins of 11 month window opening
IE: I managed 2 stand view studios at BW for F&W one time, another time I couldn't get 1 (11 months on the dot)
SIL tried for 2 AKV club level and could not even get 1 (at 11 months on the dot)
2BR at BWV is a lock off with studio & 1BR so if all studios book then all 2BR are gone too (not sure what others R)
BLT studios are tiny tiny, smallest of all, good for 2 adults and MAYBE a toddler

Last edited:
If you plan on LV at BLT, you should be able to get them at 11 months in the fall.

Summer, the same thing...getting rooms is fairly easily and I would say AKV would Be the easiest to get all 4. The others might be harder but if you went on right at 7 months, I think it’s good,

Now, the next year or so may be different because of all the closures, but I have always gotten what I wanted in summer and other times at BLT or BRV...except December...in studios at the 7 month mark.

Switching at 7 for multiple units is nearly always risky. You have to book them one at a time. Even MS can only book one at a time, but they can see how many there are available when starting. You cannot, online, which means you may switch one and find no more available. And also be unable to switch back.

If you plan on LV at BLT, you should be able to get them at 11 months in the fall.

Summer, the same thing...getting rooms is fairly easily and I would say AKV would Be the easiest to get all 4. The others might be harder but if you went on right at 7 months, I think it’s good,

Now, the next year or so may be different because of all the closures, but I have always gotten what I wanted in summer and other times at BLT or BRV...except December...in studios at the 7 month mark.
4 studios in the fall...not at 7 months, no way unless maybe SSR

How hard is it to book a studio at WL? Are Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge considered the same home resort? Do these studios feel larger than BLT's?

Definitely hard if not impossible to book 4 studios unless it's at SSR and I've seen SSR booked up for studios depending on when you go.

CCV is hard to book ONE studio there during popular times. Pre-Covid I think even owners were complaining. Sept through January is sometimes insanely popular. Again, pre-Covid.

We own BWV and CCV and have had trouble booking BW standard view studio and CCV studio...just 1 at 11 months. We typically book for Sept through Jan.

Thanks guys!! We would be booking 4 rooms during the summer.

It’s good to know how hard studios are to book so we can figure out how many points we want.

Last edited:
any studios=HARD
Cheapest rooms during cheapest season books fast (studios and Sept-Jan, especially cheaper view categories)
11 months, though, is not an issue for 1 studio or maybe 2 or even 2 2BR
you have to book one room at a time so some thing go within mins of 11 month window opening
IE: I managed 2 stand view studios at BW for F&W one time, another time I couldn't get 1 (11 months on the dot)
SIL tried for 2 AKV club level and could not even get 1 (at 11 months on the dot)
2BR at BWV is a lock off with studio & 1BR so if all studios book then all 2BR are gone too (not sure what others R)
BLT studios are tiny tiny, smallest of all, good for 2 adults and MAYBE a toddler
BLT is not the smallest studio. RIV tower studio 255 sq ft, AKV value studio 316 sq ft, CCV studio 338 sq ft and BLT studio 339 sq ft. CCV studios are hard to get most of the year they are gone at 10.5 months. It's possible to get a day or two at 7 months. Summer is slow DVC time, it might be possible to get CCV during the summer at 7 months, but don't count on it.

Last edited:
BLT is not the smallest studio. RIV tower studio 255 sq ft, AKV value studio 316 sq ft, CCV studio 338 sq ft and BLT studio 339 sq ft. CCV studios are hard to get most of the year they are gone at 10.5 months. It's possible to get a day or two at 7 months. Summer is slow DVC time, it might be possible to get CCV during the summer at 7 months, but don't count on it.
Of all regular studios. Cant belive CCV is same-ish size. Stayed in both and CCV felt bigger.

Yes, CCV studio for summer might be do-able at 7 months but prob not 4 of them. Getting 4 studios in same resort might be done at 11 months for larger resorts like SSR and AKV. At 7 months....not sure but would be same SSR or AKV.

Of all regular studios. Cant belive CCV is same-ish size. Stayed in both and CCV felt bigger.

Yes, CCV studio for summer might be do-able at 7 months but prob not 4 of them. Getting 4 studios in same resort might be done at 11 months for larger resorts like SSR and AKV. At 7 months....not sure but would be same SSR or AKV.
The Kitchenette in BLT is huge compared to all other studios. I’m sure this is where a lot of space is missing from the living area. Also the location for the door to the 1 bedroom is in a better spot at CCV by the slider allowing. At BLT it is by the front of the room. My personal opinion, once the sleeper sofa is opened all the studios feel small. The cushions take up a lot of room, even Poly, whose extra space is used by the second shower room. OKW with its setup has a lot more space to move around.

Last edited:
Hi!

I am researching DVC. My husband and I are interested in buying a contract that allows us to stay in a studio every year, but we want to buy enough points that we could bank/borrow enough to sometimes take the kids and their families. So my question is how hard is it to book 4 studios or 2 two bedrooms at 7 months during the summer? Or 4 studios during the summer at BLT or either WL property? AKL?

Also, I read that BLT studios book up quickly during the peak season Sept - Jan. How hard is it to book a studio during this times at 11 months? Impossible? We plan to vacation when it is cooler on our own.

TIA!

Stephanie
As long as you reserve day one 11 months out at 8 am you should be fine for any as long as you aren't tied to a specialty studio such as AKV value or standard at BLT, VGF or BWV. Getting 4 might be more difficult but I'd recommend you get either two 2BR or a 2 BR plus 2 studios anyway for that volume.

Plan on booking your home resort at eleven months. At seven you may be able to switch. At eleven months in the Summer you should be able to get four studios at your HOME resort....unless you own at BWV and are looking for Standard View. BLT looking for Standard View. VAKL looking for Value or Concierge (there are a few more). Also, I wouldn't buy a really small resort, like VGF, which has a small number of studios. (Edit, and avoid CCV - there are a small number of studios for the points held for that particular resort which creates a studio problem, even 11 months out).

Switching at seven, you may be able to get four studios at SSR or VAKL. You will be very unlikely to get four studios at VGF, BWV, BCV, or CCV. The other resorts are a maybe. If you want four studios and want to book a variety of resorts, your best best is renting from owners which will give you the home resort advantage for any resort (at which you can find an owner willing to rent).

Never plan on the value option at any resort (standard view rooms at BLT or BWV for example) even at eleven months, even for just one room. Certainly don't plan on those options being available at seven months - they seldom are.

Last edited:
OKW studios are usually at the ends of the building. So you wouldn't be likely to get four really close to each other. There are three or four buildings at OKW that have two studios side by side, but they are missing the window (the wall they share would normally be the outer wall with the window). So only a patio door for light from the outside. Bldg 14, 18, 35 and 38 have a side by side studio with only the patio door for light from the outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter