How far do you commute to work?

Thanks everyone for your input. Of course this is just an interview, so maybe I won't get the job and this whole question will be moot! ;)

It is in my field and it would be doing work that I'm extremely passionate about. I'd take the job in a heartbeat if it was closer. But an hour and fifteen minutes each way... :crazy2: I have to think about it. Thankfully I have a good car for commuting -a 6 year old Civic with good gas mileage.

My commute is 10 minutes. My husband on the other hand, yikes. About 50 minutes in the morning, he gets there before 7. Coming home it's about 60-75 minutes. It stinks I won't lie. Especially if we have evening plans or if he needs to get home to help with our son or something.Since I'm so close to home it's not usually a problem for me to do daycare puck ups and drop offs, dr appts but those times I can't it is really tough to arrange. It's hard to have him so far away. And if the weather is bad it's really a problem. Luckily his best friend lives 5 minutes from his office so if it's snowy or something he can stay with him.

We are looking at this as a stepping stone job. Good pay and good experience that will hopefully lead to something closer to home soon. We can't do this forever. Something to think about.

I have to be at work at 3 a.m.

My commute is 13 miles. 2 factors impact my commute, construction and timing of traffic lights, both only when I go to work. 15 to 30 minutes going to work. Coming home at 11:30 am is almost always smooth sailing, 15 minutes is the norm.

Here in California, most major freeway construction is done from 10 pm to 5 am. Normally there are almost no cars on the road just before 3 am, but when I hit a construction zone, I have to slow down from 65 to 55, and as was the case Friday morning, 3 of the 4 lanes were closed, and there was a bottleneck, knocking the speed down to 15 mph. That can add 5 to 10 minutes going in.

And, I have to go 5 city blocks from the freeway to my office, and each of the cross streets has a traffic light. You either get them all green, or all red the way they are timed.....all red adds 5 minutes to my commute. Nothing worse when you are the only car on the road at a red light. Being a boy scout, I normally do not stop, then go through redlights.....although the I waited 3 minutes at a light a few blocks from my house.......before running it because it was stuck.

About 12 miles.

I work irregular hours.

Off rush hour, it takes me 20 minutes.
Morning or evening rush hour, 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how much of a gridlock there is.

For me it depends on where the gig is. Sometimes it's just a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. On average, it's about 15 minutes to our regular Saturday gig.

I had a job for about 4 years that was just over 50 miles each way. I bought a MINI Cooper to make it more tolerable. Now my commute is approximately (without using a tape measure) 20 feet.

For 12 years I commuted 45 miles one way and I started at 6am...so getting up at 4:20am was brutal, but I never hit traffic which was nice. I've worked from home for 2 years now and LOVE it!! Best job ever...walk 20 feet to my office. Hubby has a 2 mile commute and I tease him that his commute is longer.

Now its 6 miles-never takes more than about 15 minutes unless there is an accident in my path of travel or the post is locked down for some reason. Howver previously i drove 96 miles each way three times a week. Mornings were not bad sinice i left my house at 5 -usually about 90 minutes. Going home at night could take 3 hours on friday. Never bothered me whe i was doing it-b ut i dont know why-it would drive me nuts now.

My commute is between 20-35 minutes depending on traffic. Before that I worked an hour away, and that was rough (I worked nights, so driving an hour after a night shift was BRUTAL!).

Dh has the best commute, from the bedroom to the couch! He works from home, lucky man!

My commute is 40 miles each way. I don't have a car. I ride my bike to the bus stop (5 miles), then take the bus to the train station. The train leaves me 1.5 miles from where I work. I walk the last stretch or wait up to 30 min for a bus. It takes two hours each way. Sometimes it is worse. Once in a snow storm it took me 5 hours to get to work. Fortunately, I work there only 2-3 days a week otherwise I'd go crazy.

DH's commute is almost 45 miles one way. takes him about an hour, but there are only 3-4 red lights the whole way, as it's almost all highway driving.

my commute is about 15-16 miles, or 20-25 minutes, most of it city driving with LOTS of red lights, thus the variation in time.

I work 2 miles away. So lucky to have a teaching position close to home. I use to drive 62 miles round trip

I commute into the city (Chicago). Hour and a half in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon (train and bus).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter