How do you pronounce "aunt"

• Like Ah-nt

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Like Ant

Votes: 131 79.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
I said Aunt like ANT. I'm from Oklahoma.

Funny thing...I know a lot of people say Aunt like Ahn-tee or An-tee.

My ex SIL kept referring to me as Aunt (first initial). I hate it but it stuck. My initial is T. So I'm Aunt T (Ant-tee)

Ant-Philly metro area.

Also pronounced it as ant in Southern California. I used to hear "tia" a bit there too.

Like some others, I've only heard it as ah-nt in TV and movies.

When I was very young, aunts were called "ciocia", Polish for aunt, pronounced something like chuh-cha. But by the time I was school age, it changed to ant.

I pronounce it like "ant," but I also sometimes hear it pronounced like "aint".

I'm from TN, & my mom is from Alabama & my dad is from Georgia.

Ant - Cleveland, though Mom was from Ireland

I think the first time I heard someone say Ah-nt was on The Cosby Show!

How do you pronounce "pasta"?

Paw-sta
or
Pah-sta ?

Not Canadian, but to me those 2 would be pronounced almost the same. My British friend says pasta like pass-ta, which always makes me laugh a bit. But then she says yogurt to rhyme with jog-urt, which also gets me very time.

Ant or Ain't. From the backwoods of Georgia.

As immortalized on the Andy Griffith show by Ain't Bee! It's ant, and it was mean to be ant because otherwise it ruins all those old jokes about the picnic being bombarded by ants but no uncles.

Not Canadian, but to me those 2 would be pronounced almost the same. My British friend says pasta like pass-ta, which always makes me laugh a bit. But then she says yogurt to rhyme with jog-urt, which also gets me very time.
That's the pronunciation I am trying to show. My family in Canada all say pass-ta. And filet is pronounced phil-let not fil-lay.

I pronounce it ant, my son pronounces it ah-nt, and I think my daughter pronounces it ant. I raised them both the same, but for some reason he pronounces the word differently.

Same here! I pronounce it ant (like the bug), and my daughter always says it ah-nt. Strange!
I'm from Wisconsin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter