How Do You Conquer the Post-Disney Blues?

I don't know yet. I so much want to go back next year, but when I mentioned that a new deal came out for next year, she said she wasn't interested going back next year. I want to stay at the GF next time, and she really wants to try the BC. The price quotes I received were fantastic. We wanted to go with a group of friends next time. They were talking about going when our kids graduate from high school. Which won't be for another 4 years. No way I can wait that long. I have two nieces that want us to go with them when they go back. They love the fact that I do all the planning. But as of right now, nothing is being talked about. We did have some talk about going on another vacation next year (2016) with the group of friends. But nothing mentioned about Disney. So everything is up in the air. I'm a planner, and need something in place to look forward to.
Yup....I hear you! I'm a compulsive planner too. I need a trip when we come back from Disney....January, cozy cabin in the snow. I have a 2017 cruise planned already booked it. I need a spring and summer vacation for next year. Disney in two years....even if I have to go alone! It's tough planning with other people....and spending money on non-Disney trips better be amazing. I wouldn't want to spend that much money to go site seeing or shopping, which a lot of people actually do. If the prices are amazing....maybe you can talk more about it. Keep us posted in here!

Yup....I hear you! I'm a compulsive planner too. I need a trip when we come back from Disney....January, cozy cabin in the snow. I have a 2017 cruise planned already booked it. I need a spring and summer vacation for next year. Disney in two years....even if I have to go alone! It's tough planning with other people....and spending money on non-Disney trips better be amazing. I wouldn't want to spend that much money to go site seeing or shopping, which a lot of people actually do. If the prices are amazing....maybe you can talk more about it. Keep us posted in here!

I agree with you 100%. If I had my way, along with my DS, we would go to Disney at least once a year. DW gets "Disney Out" every now and then. No way I can wait 4 years until going back. I could bend a little and pass up the good prices for 2016, but it's going to be tough to not go back in 2017. So we don't having anything planned for the rest of this year, and nothing planned yet for 2016. We do a lot of talking, but nothing gets accomplished. DW wants to do a relaxing, on the beach kind of vacation next year. And we do have our 25th coming up next September. But I'm thinking like you. Disney in two years...even if I have to go alone....LOL!!!

I agree with you 100%. If I had my way, along with my DS, we would go to Disney at least once a year. DW gets "Disney Out" every now and then. No way I can wait 4 years until going back. I could bend a little and pass up the good prices for 2016, but it's going to be tough to not go back in 2017. So we don't having anything planned for the rest of this year, and nothing planned yet for 2016. We do a lot of talking, but nothing gets accomplished. DW wants to do a relaxing, on the beach kind of vacation next year. And we do have our 25th coming up next September. But I'm thinking like you. Disney in two years...even if I have to go alone....LOL!!!
There are lots of people who go solo. There is even a thread. But...perhaps she'll change her mind. I also love chillin' on a tropical Island....doing that tomorrow...leaving for the Caribbean. But yeah....can't wait for Avatar Land to open. Definitely going to stay at AK on that trip! It will all work out.

Going solo has it's plus's and minus's. If your not going for a long time, you can get a lot done in a short period of time. If you go to the world for a long time it's better to go with people (because I tend to knock out my 'must do's' quickly).

As for where to stay, I think you'd be better off staying offsite, renting a house. Even +$17 parking a day, you'll still come up MUCH lower than staying in a 2/3BR. Plus you can pretty much park at DMK and float between Epcot and DHS using the monorail and boat...DAK and the water parks you'll have to transport yourself...but it's easier to leave a change of clothes in your car VS lugging it around with you on the bus.

Going solo has it's plus's and minus's. If your not going for a long time, you can get a lot done in a short period of time. If you go to the world for a long time it's better to go with people (because I tend to knock out my 'must do's' quickly).

As for where to stay, I think you'd be better off staying offsite, renting a house. Even +$17 parking a day, you'll still come up MUCH lower than staying in a 2/3BR. Plus you can pretty much park at DMK and float between Epcot and DHS using the monorail and boat...DAK and the water parks you'll have to transport yourself...but it's easier to leave a change of clothes in your car VS lugging it around with you on the bus.
Thanks for the suggestion. $ wise it's probably best but....I don't want to drive on my vacation. I want to stay at AKL next visit. I'm starting to pack for this trip now! Just got back from Caribbean cruise....ate too much...and had tons of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter