How do you buy DVC

grace&philipsmom

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

If I were to purchase a small contract direct from Disney on our upcoming trip to Disneyworld, how do you pay for it? I mean if I have the money in my bank account. How do I get the money to them if I have to purchase when I am there because my home province won't allow it? My credit card limit isn't high enough to cover the entire purchase.

Thanks!

I’m think they would take a cashiers cheque like when you buy a house. Or your bank could wire it to them

Hello everyone,

If I were to purchase a small contract direct from Disney on our upcoming trip to Disneyworld, how do you pay for it? I mean if I have the money in my bank account. How do I get the money to them if I have to purchase when I am there because my home province won't allow it? My credit card limit isn't high enough to cover the entire purchase.

Thanks!
I have seen multiple ways - Credit Card - whole amount or over multiple installments (2 or 3), Bank Wire, Certified Funds or even split up between payment types .. etc ... A guide can help explain the options available and what works best for you.

I've heard of people requesting to split the payment in half over a couple of months. I'm not sure if there's more cost involved or not.

We have mostly purchased small contracts, some direct and some resale. We usually used a credit card or wired the money to the title agency.

Hello everyone,

Thanks!
In case you didnt already know, here are the current direct prices and point minimums:
https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

We added on VGF2 in March. We did a cash deal (no financing). We have 90 days to pay off the balance in full. I've split it into three parts because I wanted to try to take advantage of any good exchange rates CAD/USD, but we're losing big on that right now anyway so it's painful. To pay, we simply call DVC and make a credit card payment for each instalment. Super easy. You can do whatever amounts you like each time. Put it on the card and pay it off immediately so your card is zeroed out again. Then make another payment the next week or whenever you want. You can call them every day to pay if you want. As long as it's by the pay-in-full date for the cash deal.

We paid DVC the first time with a bank draft. Our add-ons we paid by credit card. Just a hint, check out resale. The DVC prices have gotten really expensive. There are some restrictions when buying resale though...

Do you have a points/rewards credit card? If you had a travel rewards card for example, you could put the whole thing on the card, then pay off the balance when you get home. You'd end up with enough miles to pay for at least your next pair of flights - probably more.

We have a TD Account from a US branch and we wired money via Knightsbridge into that account and had a money order made up for the purchase amount. Was not that difficult. Having a US bank account is super handy!

All my points/contracts were put on a credit card. Two went over/slightly over my limit - we don't carry balances on them BUT regardless, they split it up in two payments.

Everyone has their own spending limit and if they carry a balance will determine your available credit. We did this many many years ago. I would think today, one might need to make more than two charges, maybe.

Say DVC charged 10,000 - as soon as the charge was posted on my account (I check my cc on line), two days later, I made my payment to the card. Called my guide and put balance $ of my purchase on credit card again. I again, turned around and made payment with my funds as soon as it was posted. You can make a few rewards dollars with this process too.

Good luck.

Credit card was the easiest option for us. Just make sure your payment amounts are below your limit (broke up our amount into 3 separate instalments), and give your credit card company a heads up so they don’t decline these charges.

I suspect they would have been happy to charge different cards too, if I’d asked. Your guide will want to make this happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter