How Difficult is it to add 1 person?

jennibug

Dreaming of WDW...again...
Hi All,

We are foster parents and currently we know that we are taking one of our foster kids to WDW. The other child we have is going home soon and we don't know the age of the next child we take in yet. All my other reservations I have made for 2 adults and 2 children.

My question is how difficult it is to add 1 child to a reservation at Cindy's for breakfast and the Hoop-dee-doo? I need to go ahead and make the reservations but we are on the DxDP and can't add that 4th person yet until we add him/her to the resort ressie.

I'm hoping that it won't be too difficult but we will be taking the second child in about 1-2 months before we leave so I need to get these ressie made.

I was there in May and we had the same issue only we needed to add 3 to our 2 ppl reservation. We were unable to add them onto our ADR's but we went up to every reservation and they had no trouble seating the 5 of us.

From the sounds of it, you haven't made the ADRs yet? If that's the case, make them for 4. Even without her on the DxDDP yet, it won't matter as it goes by if the linked reservation is on a plan for the pre-pay vs hold thing.

Note that if making them online, there's a chance it won't "catch" the fact that you are on a plan and may ask for full payment when you book. If that's the case, call Disney Dining and book through them (they can maually add the fact that you have a dining plan).

I just noticed that you don't know the age. I'd say to book as close to what you think you may get (I know, it can vary quite a bit), if it changes the makeup when it happens, just give them a call and they shouldn't have a problem adjusting the group makeup.

It's a lot easier to remove a person than it is to add one.

If you have made the ADRs already, try calling and seeing what they can do for you. You may also be able to book new ones for 4 and cancel the ones for 3 if there's availability.

And lastly, thank you personally for fostering. I have friends (technically, my friend's adoptive parents) who used to foster and I've seen how difficult and stressful it really is. It's a great thing providing some semblance of normalcy to these kids.

Thank you everyone! I went ahead and made ressies with 2 children and guessed at the age. I will change it when I know for sure.

Thank you everyone! I went ahead and made ressies with 2 children and guessed at the age. I will change it when I know for sure.
Also, forgot to add, that the age only matters in 3 cases. If the new child is under 2, it matters as you won't have to pay for them. If the child is 3-9, you'll pay child prices, if the child is 10 or above, you'll pay adult prices.

So, if you wrote in 6 and the child you get ends up being 8, there's no real need to change them for the ADR (of course, put the right age onto the resort ressie :)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter