How did your Disneyland Moonlight Magic booking go today?

dcfromva

No horsing around, Christmas is coming!
Last year's event sold out fairly quickly, so I decided to book as soon as the booking window opened today. There was a little lag, but I was able to finish my booking within about 8 mins.

Here are some of the highlights:
During this complimentary, after-hours event at Disneyland® Park, you'll enjoy DJ dance parties, family activities, unique Character Meet and Greets, and complimentary light refreshments. Discover shorter-than-usual wait times at some of your favorite attractions, from Star Tours® - The Adventures Continue and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to Haunted Mansion Holiday and "it's a small world holiday." Don't forget to hop aboard the Disneyland Railroad to enjoy the re-imagined Rivers of America and recently restored Primeval World.
Note: Attractions and experiences are subject to change without notice

It was a bit bumpy ... but got it done with email confirmation received at 8:10a PT.

We are really looking forward to this having given up our grandfathered SoCAL APs last year and having missed the special DVC rates on the Halloween Party. Sigh. So looking forward to this visit! THANK YOU, DVC!

I'm very excited about "it's a small world holiday." being open. :)

If my husband and I both have membership cards (we have the same membership number), are we allowed to get 6 tickets each or is it per household?

If my husband and I both have membership cards (we have the same membership number), are we allowed to get 6 tickets each or is it per household?

Definitely not.

It's 6 tickets max PER membership. They will check ID and membership cards, and they have a database on file and will cross check that before printing tickets. It's not like you enter with your card. You must line up at the ticket booth, present the Confirmation, present ID card, present driver's license, then they cross-check and physically print tickets.

Please don't try to go around the rules.

Definitely not.

It's 6 tickets max PER membership. They will check ID and membership cards, and they have a database on file and will cross check that before printing tickets. It's not like you enter with your card. You must line up at the ticket booth, present the Confirmation, present ID card, present driver's license, then they cross-check and physically print tickets.

Please don't try to go around the rules.

I'm not trying to go around the rules...I'm trying to get clarification on the rules. I thought I had read on some other boards that it was 6 per membership card. It didn't make sense so that's why I asked here.

Got my confirmation at 8:02am PT, I also booked the WOC dessert party for the night before, looking forward to our trip!!!!!

Hi Drewmama, I had the same question as the verbiage clearly says per member not membership. I saw the stern reply you got so clearly someone has more information than we did but it was an honest question ;-) We are a family of 5 and were going to allow 2 of our children's friends to join us so I was going to call yesterday to ask but but it turns out only one can go. We are all looking forward to it! It will be on my middle daughter's 13th birthday. She will get to turn 13 IN Disneyland at midnight! How cool is that??

Hi Drewmama, I had the same question as the verbiage clearly says per member not membership. I saw the stern reply you got so clearly someone has more information than we did but it was an honest question ;-) We are a family of 5 and were going to allow 2 of our children's friends to join us so I was going to call yesterday to ask but but it turns out only one can go. We are all looking forward to it! It will be on my middle daughter's 13th birthday. She will get to turn 13 IN Disneyland at midnight! How cool is that??

It's my birthday on the 15th! So having this event on the date felt like a sign.

That is very cool!! Thank you, btw. After I felt like I got scolded, I feel better now that I'm not the only one who had the question.

Yesterday morning I was on the DVC website 5 minutes before it opened just to be ready. When registration finally opened I had issues with the page trying to load for about 5-minutes (which seemed like 4-EVER) so I jumped on my cell phone as well and that loaded much quicker. I was able to confirm registration for myself and five other family members (my nieces and nephew). I only hope they don't flake out on my at the last minute although I've given them plenty of notice about the date/time of the event.

I am not so sure the person scolding you actually knows what they are talking about.

The website clearly states that it is you can make reservations for the member and up to 5 guests, it does not say that it is limited to 5 guests per membership household.

Just to clarify I did a chat with members services and there response was "For every Member listed on the Membership that has a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership card, you are able to have each Member sign up for themselves as well as 5 guests. In this case the two of you would just need to register two separate reservations to get the group that you would like to bring."

I was asking specifically about the EPCOT event since that is the one I plan on attending but I would expect the same booking rules to apply to all of them.

I am not so sure the person scolding you actually knows what they are talking about.

The website clearly states that it is you can make reservations for the member and up to 5 guests, it does not say that it is limited to 5 guests per membership household.

Just to clarify I did a chat with members services and there response was "For every Member listed on the Membership that has a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership card, you are able to have each Member sign up for themselves as well as 5 guests. In this case the two of you would just need to register two separate reservations to get the group that you would like to bring."

I was asking specifically about the EPCOT event since that is the one I plan on attending but I would expect the same booking rules to apply to all of them.

I'm actually speaking from experience. DVC MS may tell you one thing, but your actual ability to enter the park is based on the rules that the ticketbooth CMs apply. The ticketbooth CMs at Disneyland are super strict. The culture at Disneyland is very different.

Last year, the wait in line for the ticketbooth ALONE was over an hour. The CMs were carefully checking each membership and making sure that people were not double dipping. There were no visible DVC employees at the ticketbooths to help at all, so no one to "interpret" the rules. If the ticketbooth CMs applied the rule of one set of entries per household, that's what it is.

My brother's family was in line with us, and they checked to make sure that his membership card number was different from mine. They then cross checked our reservations with a printed listed, took our Driver's Licenses and checked their database before handing us tickets and wristbands.

As far as I know, Disneyland Resort has only ever had one "Moonlight Magic" and that was last year. I don't expect this year to be any different. In fact, I expect CMs to be more strict this year because Disneyland's capacity is much much smaller than CA Adventure.

It took ALMOST 20 minutes from the time it opened up BUT we got in !!! Already made 2 day VGC reservations for my DH, me and some good friends of our!!
Hope the evening goes well!! :yay::D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter