How did they get this dog into the MK?

You can actually pick up a Service Dog vest / harness on eBay very easily.

You can actually pick up a Service Dog vest / harness on eBay very easily.
I have a friend who has a service animal (trained seeing eye dog). People constantly ask her where they can buy a harness because "it would be so fun to be able to bring my dog everywhere like you do!"

She has only punched one or two of them.

A while ago, I had a car accident and broke my neck (it will always be broken but you can't tell I have it). I also hit the top of my head pretty hard (which cause the broken neck) and had bleeding on the brain which required two surgeries. After the last surgery, I began to have seizures which were helped with meds but a random one could happen from time to time. If it did, my husband knew what to do but most people had no idea what was going on and would panic. My seizures were harmless but freaky to see (so said my husband). They didn't last long either. There are service animals of all kinds that can be trained to detect an onset of seizures (I learned myself eventually so no animal was needed). So, even if that animal was a turkey, as a person who has had many seizures, I would welcome that instead of seeing someone having a seizure and people freaking out over a human being jerking around.

Sidenote - I don't have seizures anymore and am glad I didn't get an animal for assistance because I would not have wanted to give the animal back after I was "cured".

So, before you judge someone needing an animal for help, I have the broken neck and no one can tell so I would have looked like a perfectly fit human being with an animal for assistance. And maybe been a bit judged by some.

We saw a dog with no harness etc that service dogs usually have in MK - I told DH it was probably some kind of anxiety / stress dog ....then I joked that we should bring our 1 year old lab mix - she would cause anxiety (basically well behaved but does still have that puppy tendency to get excited) :-)

So, before you judge someone needing an animal for help, I have the broken neck and no one can tell so I would have looked like a perfectly fit human being with an animal for assistance. And maybe been a bit judged by some.

I don't judge people with genuine animals. But the lady at the grocery store with a small, yappy and out of control dog in an ill-fitting harness, who decided to run barking at small children, and was later seen fighting with another dog in the lot?

I'm going to judge. Because if that was a legit service dog, the trainer of that dog needs to be sued for malpractice.

Last edited:
358317592_868aa124e5_z.jpg

A while ago, I had a car accident and broke my neck (it will always be broken but you can't tell I have it). I also hit the top of my head pretty hard (which cause the broken neck) and had bleeding on the brain which required two surgeries. After the last surgery, I began to have seizures which were helped with meds but a random one could happen from time to time. If it did, my husband knew what to do but most people had no idea what was going on and would panic. My seizures were harmless but freaky to see (so said my husband). They didn't last long either. There are service animals of all kinds that can be trained to detect an onset of seizures (I learned myself eventually so no animal was needed). So, even if that animal was a turkey, as a person who has had many seizures, I would welcome that instead of seeing someone having a seizure and people freaking out over a human being jerking around.

Sidenote - I don't have seizures anymore and am glad I didn't get an animal for assistance because I would not have wanted to give the animal back after I was "cured".

I would whole heartedly agree with having a dog to tell you a seizure was about to happen. It's the pigs and turkey's and other farm animals that I just don't understand.

Two of my aunts (from different sides of the family, actually) are this kind of dog crazy and take their dogs everywhere they can.

One of them literally said, and I quote, "Yeah, I'm trying to get her registered as an emotional support animal so I can take her everywhere."

I *almost* punched her.

On a side note, one of my brothers best friends growing up (may he rest in peace) had a service dog. That dogs main purpose when on duty was to do its job and blend in--so much that sometimes I didn't even notice him until Blake gave him the "off-duty" command!

I would whole heartedly agree with having a dog to tell you a seizure was about to happen. It's the pigs and turkey's and other farm animals that I just don't understand.

I understand dogs and miniature horses, none of the other farm animals. Although, in my experience, miniature horses are mean!

According to the airline (and I forget which airline it was) the turkey met all requirements set by the airline for an emotional support animal, so they had no choice but to allow it on the plane.

Emotional support animals can be any species. Obviously there will be some restrictions as you can't just show up with an emotional support rhinoceros and expect to get it on a plane, but there are examples out there of people boarding planes with pigs, turtles, and even some fish in a bowl. Service animals under ADA can only be dogs (or in some cases, miniature horses).

There was a hilarious article not too long ago out of NYC where the author got herself one of those mail order emotional support animal letters and borrowed a series of animals to take around the city with her to see if they'd be allowed into public areas. At various times she entered local public areas accompanied by a turtle, a pig, a (non-venomous) snake, a turkey, and an alpaca. Apparently one restaurant did not allow her to bring in the snake, but they went in everyplace else. She got this close to boarding an Amtrak train with the alpaca, but it got nervous, so she removed it.

The alpaca and snake are crazy. I hate snakes, so I would not want to sit near one on a plane. The worst for me would be a spider:scared1: I am phobically scared of them. They tend to like me, and I have been bitten by some, luckily no poisonous ones yet. I don't know if I could even get on a plane that had a known spider. I would definitely need the bar cart ASAP.

I fly dozens of times a year. Sometimes I would prefer a turkey or a pig.

So, are you here all week:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter