• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How can I make a Magical Moment?

thumpergirl101

SA 2015 Alumna
A friend of mine is going to Disneyland this weekend with her family. She'll be turning 30, and her biggest dream is to meet Stitch for her birthday.

Luckily, they'll be staying at Paradise Pier, where Stitch often meets at the PCH Grill character breakfast.

If possible, I would love to be able to arrange a special meeting for her birthday, but I don't know any of their specific travel plans.

If possible, could anyone give me some advice? Would it be too intrusive to contact the hotel and ask if they could arrange something? If I were to do that, do you think it would be better to contact the hotel or the restaurant itself?

Thanks everyone!

A friend of mine is going to Disneyland this weekend with her family. She'll be turning 30, and her biggest dream is to meet Stitch for her birthday.

Luckily, they'll be staying at Paradise Pier, where Stitch often meets at the PCH Grill character breakfast.

If possible, I would love to be able to arrange a special meeting for her birthday, but I don't know any of their specific travel plans.

If possible, could anyone give me some advice? Would it be too intrusive to contact the hotel and ask if they could arrange something? If I were to do that, do you think it would be better to contact the hotel or the restaurant itself?

Thanks everyone!
One person in our party is having a Birtday also, we are doing a dinner at Rain Forest Cafe ( birthday peeps eat free) and i ordered a cake from a Mexican bakery close and they are deliving the cake for us.

How sweet of you. If you know they have dinner reservations at a certain time that might be nice. I haven't ever stayed at PPH but the concierge at DLH have been wonderful helping us a few time. You might just call the hotel and ask to be connected to them and see what they have in mind. The also have vacation planning that can shop for you and have items in their room for when they arrive but I have found them a little pricey. I only used that service once for a friend of DS who was honeymooning and it was a great surprise for them.

I'm sure the concierge can come up with something appropriate for you.

ETA: they also could probably arrange to get a signed poster of Stich when they check in...and maybe a birthday button.

Unfortunately unless you know someone in entertainment who is friends with Stitch or you are willing to pay I wouldn't get too attached to a special meet with Stitch. I would contact the restaurant directly to see if Stitch will be there but there really is no guarantee for any character at a character meal. I think the most information they'll give you is that yes Stitch does often visit when he is not too busy causing trouble or out with Lilo.

Stitch is a regular character at PCH Grill Surf's Up breakfast, so he should be going around to the tables to meet the guests as they dine. As long as he's there that morning, there really isn't anything you need to do to make sure he visits the table. It's probably best if you ask someone in the party with her to mention to the server that their party really wants to meet Stitch and hopefully that means Stitch won't bypass her table or visit Lilo (i.e., on break) right before visiting her table (that can happened). Basically, while Stitch is a pretty commonly at Surf's Up, there is no way to guarantee that she'll meet him there.

My guess is that the restaurant and/or hotel won't arrange for a meet and greet with a specific character unless you're willing to pay for it and even then I don't know how that works (other than I bet it would cost a fortune).

In terms of having an in-room surprise waiting, here's the link to the Disneyland Floral and Gifts website (just note that as mentioned, it's pretty pricey):
http://disneyland.disneyfloralandgifts.com/

Last edited:
About all you can do is call and add a notation to your reservation that it's her birthday. They might bring her a cupcake with a candle or something. Beyond that, it's up to you to make the magic. Maybe you can sneak some balloons and decorations into her room or something?

Stitch is a regular character at the Disney Visa M&G in DCA. If they have a Disney Visa credit or debit you can suggest that they ask the CMs what time Stitch will be rotated in.

I would suggest the meet and greet as well. More time for interaction than the character meals. The CM at the podium was very kind to us and let us know when to be back for stitch. Don't cut it too close though, be back in plenty of time!

Make sure your friend is wearing her birthday button. That way all CMs will know that she's the birthday girl!

When you make a dining reservation be sure to mention that there's a birthday! While Stitch can't be guaranteed, like everyone says, they'll still add a bit of Disney magic :)

She might want to wear a stitch t shirt or hat...
My husband told stitch he was my favorite.. so stitch hugged me and gave me a BIG slurp!!!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter