Hotels in San Diego---UPDATED---BW Island Palms, pg 3

Great, I will write that number down! Thanks a lot! I was gonna see if they want to upgrade us to a suite... doesn't hurt to ask, right? :rotfl:

I tried to post pictures before but it didn't work. Let me know if this works. (my co-worker is a major DIS poster. she showed me how she posts pictures)

sunrise from our balcony

Thanks for posting the great pics!

You got the Best Western Island Palms for $104? I just looked and the cheapest rate is $150. Did you book from the web site or somewhere else?

We booked our stay from the Best Western website. It was the AAA rate. When I originally booked the reservation the end of February, the AAA rate was $135.15 for the king bed Casa Del Mar. I kept checking the rates every few days. One day in mid April I noticed the website had the AAA rate for $107.00 for the same room. I immediately called the hotel and they changed my rate. We went May 1 to May 3. Keep checking the rates.

I booked the 30 day in advance rate at best western.com.

HOWEVER, trip advisor people seem to be reporting that it's currently being remodeled (I think on the outside) so that's probably why I got such a good rate in the summer... and it's not refundable. So I'm going to call and try and ask for a room away from the construction if possible.

I booked the 30 day in advance rate at best western.com.

HOWEVER, trip advisor people seem to be reporting that it's currently being remodeled (I think on the outside) so that's probably why I got such a good rate in the summer... and it's not refundable. So I'm going to call and try and ask for a room away from the construction if possible.

The room number I gave you above was not near the construction. We were there over the weekend so there was no construction going on.

The room number I gave you above was not near the construction. We were there over the weekend so there was no construction going on.

:cloud9:

Thanks for your post and pictures! We are going in August, and are staying there for the first time, I can't wait now, more than ever!!

Just booked Homewood Suites. Does anyone have pictures, Tips or advise? We are going to Legoland, Sea World and the Zoo

We're home. Had a great stay at Island Palms. Same room number as redsox and we didn't even request it. The bartender was great, and their happy hour deals at the bar were fantastic! Nice to walk along shelter island and look out at the bay, but not too far to drive to the theme parks. Didn't notice any construction at all. Would definitely recommend it.

so how did you get around blabber? Did you rent a car or is there public transportation near the hotel? I'm kind of second guessing whether we should stay there or not...we may have to end up renting a car after all...thanks for your update!

Coronado Island Marriott Mid August 3 Nights...Grand Californian Hotel
4 nights! Developer Point Trip, zero cost, DVC member, even makes it that much happier!!! CAN'T WAIT! FIRST TRIP TO WEST COAST!

HOPE THE WEATHER IS GREAT!:banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We're home. Had a great stay at Island Palms. Same room number as redsox and we didn't even request it. The bartender was great, and their happy hour deals at the bar were fantastic! Nice to walk along shelter island and look out at the bay, but not too far to drive to the theme parks. Didn't notice any construction at all. Would definitely recommend it.

So happy to hear you enjoyed the Island Palms. It's funny that you ended up in the same room as us. We are thinking about going back to San Diego and the Island Palms next year.

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to say that we really enjoyed the BW Island Palms in San Diego! I should have done a TR on our trip, maybe I still will? I need to get my pictures off our old computer onto this laptop and then upload them into photobucket so I can upload them here! ;) We ended up with two rooms at the hotel, a mix up that was in our favor! ;) My husband and I had a room overlooking the Marina, and the kids room overlooked the bay. They are teenagers, so it was a welcome relief, especially since that was towards the end of our trip. The only downside was that we ended up not renting a car, and in that way it was isolating to be on Shelter Island. We did take the Old Town trolley tour, so they picked us up from the hotel, which was nice. One day we took a cab to Seaworld. Will try to remember to upload the pics once I transfer them over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter