"Hotel for Dogs' Spoiler

drcbpearce

Mouseketeer
We just saw this movie yesterday. It was really cute, but there's a sad part about 2/3 through and my children, 8 and 5 are apparently very tenderhearted and boohooed :sad: for several minutes. Of course, it turned out well, the happy ending everyone wants. :) My children don't have problems with alot of movies, but sometimes something just tugs at their hearts and really gets them going.

I just thought I'd pass it on, in case anyone's going and has tenderhearted children, tell them not to worry, it will be ok!:goodvibes

It was a really cute movie and the dogs were really adorable.

Thanks! My DD is very sensitive, so I love it when I get warnings ahead of time on movies. I don't think she would have made it through Ariel's Beginning if the wonderful DISers hadn't told me to be sure to fast forward the minute I saw the ship coming towards Ariel's mother.

I'm glad I could help! When my DS saw 'March of the Penguins' he cried for at least 10 minutes when they showed the egg hitting the ground and cracking b/c of the cold. He's a very tenderhearted boy and nothing I said would console him that the chick never knew anything that was going on. It makes me happy to have a sensitive child, I hope he stays that way!

We saw it this weekend and were disappointed. Very cute animals but three of the four kids that i took to see it were not impressed. For what you pay to see a movie now, this is truly one that can wait for the video release.

Of course it's far fetched.....most kid's movies are anymore!

I took DD 6 to see this yesterday not expecting much. We both LOVED it. I thought it had a good message about the whole adopting dogs from shelters vs. pet shops thing. It was a sweet movie, and had a happy ending. A couple times I had to lean over and reassure my DD that everything was going to be just FINE.

I think my only beef is that almost all the dogs in the movie were purebreds, whcih is not the reality of shelter dogs.

My friend I took 7 kids to see it yesterday - 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, 6 1/2, 4. They all loved it. My 8 year old daughter asked what the sign at the pound meant - 'Dogs Only Held For 72 Hours' and also asked what a 'No Kill Shelter' meant. My 8 year old son and his friend wondered how the parents were killed and of course, came up with every gross circumstance! The movie was really cute and so are all those dogs! My gosh - its amazing how they are trained!!

Thanks for the head's up - my oldest DD is very sensitive to anything involving animals. I can't believe she hasn't turned into a vegetarian. She bawled all the way through Bolt and I hesitated on taking her to see Marley & Me. Glad I did, I heard that didn't turn out too well, either.

As for the shelter dogs not being in Hotel for Dogs -you're right...that does defeat the purpose. When will this country come to realize we need to stop breeding and find homes for the animals that don't already have homes. IMO, breeding should be banned until the pet overpopulation crisis is over. People don't realize that it's taxpayers money that goes to funding shelters - the fewer shelters, the less taxpayers will have to pay to support them. Very sad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter