Hoop dee doo to MK-can I make my FP time?

jeast

DIS Veteran
I want to book the 4:00 Hoop-Dee-Doo that ends around 6:00 but I have a 6:15 FP at POTC. I would have to be at the entry to POTC by 7:30 at the absolute latest. Is that a do-able timetable? I think I could make it to the MK gates by 7:00 if I took the boat, but I could Uber if that would be faster.

Any help would be appreciated.

If your FP is at 6:15 you only have until 7:15 to be at the ride FP enterance not 7:30 as you stated. FP are only good for an hour. So no you would not have time to get there. You would have to wait for the boat they run every 20 minutes so depending on your timing that would eat into a lot of your time . Go through bag check, go through the ticket turnstyle and then make your way to the ride.

I want to book the 4:00 Hoop-Dee-Doo that ends around 6:00 but I have a 6:15 FP at POTC. I would have to be at the entry to POTC by 7:30 at the absolute latest. Is that a do-able timetable? I think I could make it to the MK gates by 7:00 if I took the boat, but I could Uber if that would be faster.

Any help would be appreciated.

My opinion is that you want to take the boat, that’ll be your quickest option. The FW boat dock is very close to the HDDR building. Taking uber would require taking an internal bus to the front of FW and an uber from there.

Your timeline seems doable to me. Leave FW 6ish, you have until 7:15PM to get to POTC for your FP window, 7:30PM with the 15-minute grace period. Unless you just get really unlucky with boat timing or weather (which of course can happen), doesn’t seem like a terrible plan to me. Yes, you do have to wait for the boat, go through security at the MK dock, make your way to POTC, but that all should be doable in an 1-1.5 hrs under most circumstances.

ETA, an alternative more full-proof method if you’re really worried about it would be to modify your POTC FP back a bit. That should typically be an easier one to modify, under many circumstances.

Last edited:
My opinion is that you want to take the boat, that’ll be your quickest option. The FW boat dock is very close to the HDDR building. Taking uber would require taking an internal bus to the front of FW and an uber from there.

Your timeline seems doable to me. Leave FW 6ish, you have until 7:15PM to get to POTC for your FP window, 7:30PM with the 15-minute grace period. Unless you just get really unlucky with boat timing or weather (which of course can happen), doesn’t seem like a terrible plan to me. Yes, you do have to wait for the boat, go through security at the MK dock, make your way to POTC, but that all should be doable in an 1-1.5 hrs under most circumstances.

ETA, an alternative more full-proof method if you’re really worried about it would be to modify your POTC FP back a bit. That should typically be an easier one to modify, under many circumstances.

Thanks! I just couldn't remember how long it took from Ft. Wilderness to MK. I agree it would be easier to modify, but I've got 2 right behind it that would have to be modified too. I'd rather not if I don't have to. I will stick with it. If all goes south, I guess I can cancel it and try to reschedule for later in the evening.

If u run a few minutes over, just talk to the CM... they have been very kind to us ..stuff happens
Have an awesome visit.
I too think it’s doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter