Hong Kong, Shanghai, & Tokyo Disneyland by cruise ship-- advice?

Machta

Mouseketeer
Hello all. Has anyone been to Shanghai Disneyland? We just booked a Holland America cruise on the Westerdam from Hong Kong to Tokyo for March 2024 which has an overnight stop in Shanghai. While of course we are excited to experience all the unique culture and sights of the places we visit, we also just realized that this might be a way to see the 3 Asian Disney locations in 2 weeks . . . so any advice on Hong Kong, Shanghai, or Tokyo Disney by cruise ship would be greatly appreciated . . .

Hello all. Has anyone been to Shanghai Disneyland? We just booked a Holland America cruise on the Westerdam from Hong Kong to Tokyo for March 2024 which has an overnight stop in Shanghai. While of course we are excited to experience all the unique culture and sights of the places we visit, we also just realized that this might be a way to see the 3 Asian Disney locations in 2 weeks . . . so any advice on Hong Kong, Shanghai, or Tokyo Disney by cruise ship would be greatly appreciated . . .
Did you get any response? We are thinking of doing the same.

Did you get any response? We are thinking of doing the same.
Oh neat! I didn't receive a response to this particular thread, but if you go over to cruise critic there are some resources on traveling the area in general. I've been doing a lot of reading and I think the idea of 3 Disney locations on one cruise can be done, but it won't be easy. I'll try to post more as I organize my thoughts.

Are you thinking of the Westerdam cruise in early March from Hong Kong? We don't know anyone on the cruise and it would be fun to get to know someone!

Liz

Oh neat! I didn't receive a response to this particular thread, but if you go over to cruise critic there are some resources on traveling the area in general. I've been doing a lot of reading and I think the idea of 3 Disney locations on one cruise can be done, but it won't be easy. I'll try to post more as I organize my thoughts.

Are you thinking of the Westerdam cruise in early March from Hong Kong? We don't know anyone on the cruise and it would be fun to get to know someone!

Liz
Hi, Liz. We have now booked the March 2 cruise On the Westerdam! We will arrive early and stay at Hong Kong Disneyland. With an overnight stay in Shanghai we have reserved a room that night to stay in Shanghai Disneyland. And of course we will end the tour at Tokyo Disneyland. Have you booked it? Wow, this cruise on the Westerdam is a great way for Disney fans to visit all of the Asia parks!

Bob

Hi, Liz. We have now booked the March 2 cruise On the Westerdam! We will arrive early and stay at Hong Kong Disneyland. With an overnight stay in Shanghai we have reserved a room that night to stay in Shanghai Disneyland. And of course we will end the tour at Tokyo Disneyland. Have you booked it? Wow, this cruise on the Westerdam is a great way for Disney fans to visit all of the Asia parks!

Bob
Oh, excellent! That’s the cruise we are on as well! We’re flying in the day before and also staying at HK Disneyland. That’s neat that you’re going to stay overnight at Shanghai Disneyland—I think we’re going to do a day trip there but stay overnight on the ship. How do you plan to get from the port to Shanghai Disneyland?

I’m not sure if we will have time to see Tokyo Disney since our flight leaves out of Narita about 5pm that day, but 2 out of 3 will be great.

If I can figure out how to DM you I’ll do that so we can touch base that way . . . So much fun!

Hi Robert, for some reason I wasn't able to sent you a DM. I don't know why.

There is one other couple on the Disboards who are also going on the cruise and are Disney fans . . . @AinW has been to Shanghai Disney and hopefully will share a lot of information with those of us who have never been to Asia before . . . I'll try again to DM you . . .

Ah, I figured it out! You have to make at least 10 posts before you're allowed to participate in a DM conversation. So if you want to post some thoughts/questions/etc., then eventually I can DM you . . .

I am from the uk. We are flying out to Hong Kong in March. We are staying in Hong Kong for 3 nights and also planning on spending a day at Disney Hong Kong. Then hoping a 12 night cruise with Celebrity which ends in Singapore.

Nice! That sounds like a great trip! Singapore is definitely on my list to visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter